• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video Thread: Now in Regular Definition!

bigman40

Smash Master
Gindler Gindler Gindler how can I break this to you Online Combo vids are to be honest crap to start most of the people online are really not that good but there are exceptions. Anyways all those so called combos would never ever work against an experienced offline player. I know thats not your Combo vid but I don't think its that good could not watch the whole thing.
Is mine crap? =(

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
Big's combo vid is one of the few Brawl vids that actually comes close to combos in any sense (especially for its time, and how it was thrown together with not too much planning). Of course combo vids for Barlw will never come close to the awesomeness of Melee vids, but you know.

<3 Big's vid.
I dunno why but "no homo" on lilb's post made me laugh.

bigman40

Smash Master
LilB: Ah okay. I didn't know you were talking about that, and thx

Kiwi: Does it really come THAT close to it? Really, I'm not experienced in production of any kind (as it was my first make), plus, I don't really see much difference in other vids other than more effects that follow the song better. Also, thx. My next one might just be offline since I have nearly no access to online videos.

TheYoster

Smash Journeyman
Add my vids please.

Yoster (yoshi) vs Boss (mario)
Yoster (yoshi) vs Boss (Luigi)
Yoster (yoshi) vs Lobos (ToonLink)
Yoster (yoshi) vs LilB (yoshi)

Also Scarlet I think you should add the tagname of the opponent the Yoshi player is facing.
Not something like:
Example
vs Mario
vs Toonklink

Adding the tagname attracts the interest of the people to watch it and lets them know/recognize the other player skill lvl before they click the link and waste like 3-7 mins on watching and load time(depending on internet bandwidth)

Example: If any of us yoshi were to fight well known top players people wouldn't be able to notice by looking at it that its a good match because it say
vs Lurcario ->instead of vs (Azen) Lurcario
So please add the tagnames and awesome thread lol.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
spare - jello MOAR eggs and try to mix it up with some rising Uairs and Bairs and Nairs improve your edge game with some Nairs or Fairs and try to spike them when they recover low with the Dair. But pretty good yoshi

TheYoster

Smash Journeyman
GG yoster

:yoshi: sexiest offline dittos ever :yoshi:
Yeah GG man. I change my L button to jump so I can wavedash with eggtosh and neutral B. So I'll be using more of that next time.

~~~Oh btw Scarlet Youhei vids aren't there in the link anymore so you might want to do something with that.

Yinlong

Smash Journeyman
L as jump also makes ETS w/o tap jump a whole lot easier
i got it down in two minutes

D

Deleted member

Yoshter and lilb, im critiqueing ur dittos kay?:

Ok lil b. PLEASE STOP DOWN Bing!!!! Youd be really really amazing if u stopped doin that now ur only really amazing.Yoster, PLEASE SHIELD GRAB HIS DOWN Bs! If yoshi can shield grab a move something is wrong. For both of you, i would try to not use fair for an approach ever. Bair is always superior, and it seems like u guys would occasionally do that, which isnt good.

Also in the first match, u guys side bd alot, getting rid of what makes the move good. Its a good move because its fast and its a SURPRISE MOVE! Seriously, pivot grab that guys! Dont dodge, grab. U guys need to break eachother of those habits(altho in the 2nd one u did better with less side bs so good job). Great playing both of you, those minor things(except the down bs) are all that are holding you back from winnin tournies =D Not that i would know.

TheYoster

Smash Journeyman
Dude you have obviously don't know what you're talking about or haven't played enough good people.
1. I only used fair twice as an approach in the first match. Not like I got punished for using them anyway.
2. We were side "B"ing alot?! I barely even used that. Plus you greatly underestimating how powerful side b is, it could even clash with a charged fsmash.

As for shield grabbing lilb down b...how would I be able to shield grab him in the air or when I'm clearly out of range with my grab.

Did you even watch the whole matches? And yes you would not even know or understand how hard winning tournament here in the east coast is or know how hard it is to go up against Azen, Chilling, Forte, and other when they are using high tiers vs yoshi. Hopefully I'll beat them one day when I master all of yoshi's ATs, but til then I'll stick my strategy. I think Yoshi can mind game the hell out of people when make use of all of his moves. I mean hey I beat the best mario and toonlink in the east coast using my moves. Dude I appreciate the tips, but for someone who plays most of his matches online you should really get the big picture of whats it like to play good people live before you go criticize good player like me and Lilb.

P~S its Yoster, not Yoshter

D

Deleted member

Dude take it easy, i was just tryin to help =/ Honestly.
I dont play most of my matches online(i dont play online anymore at all), i do go to tournaments and play good people. Who are you to say you are better than me? When the only vid u may have seen was 4 month old online video when i sucked.
Firstly, i was just sayin, i saw a few fair approaches, dont know who it was from, just sayin it probably aint a good idea, i cant think of any time where as an approach, a fair>bair or nair even.
Secondly, in the first match, there were lots of side bs, and i know exactly how good it is, and i also know that u can grab people out of it and i saw that there were many times where both of you couldve grabbed.

Down b, u cant grab him , but i saw lots of times where you couldve shield grabbed.

Yea i watched the first 2.
So please, i dont care who youve beaten, i was kidding about winning tournaments. Seriously, cool off, i was giving tips that were actually good tips with basis, i can critisize good players like you and lilb however much i want because i see things that could be improved on and could make you better. I know what im talking about, dont make assumptions please. Ty.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
^true that btw I got knock out by chillin and those vids were friendlies and I dont play my best in friendlies. Also me and Yoster are d*mn good Yoshi's and were taking doubles next time No Johns.

D

Deleted member

Of course, im just tryin to help out =) I just hope u dont down b that much in tourny matches X_X

You guys got this.

I just think personal attacks on my skill were really...un yoshi-ish, and not cool, especially when u have no idea how good i am.

Bwett

Smash Ace
Yeah dude, Burntsocks knows what he's talking about. Also, don't come into these Yoshi boards thinking that you're Mr. High and Mighty and don't need to take advice from such a "lowly" person. Here we listen to advice from everyone, no matter how well-known they may be. Sure, it doesn't mean we always take it, but no matter what, you show respect for the fellow players.

We are a community that thrives on improving all yoshi players, so if one of us sees something that can be improved, they call it out. Chill out

D

Deleted member

Yeah dude, Burntsocks knows what he's talking about. Also, don't come into these Yoshi boards thinking that you're Mr. High and Mighty and don't need to take advice from such a "lowly" person. Here we listen to advice from everyone, no matter how well-known they may be. Sure, it doesn't mean we always take it, but no matter what, you show respect for the fellow players.

We are a community that thrives on improving all yoshi players, so if one of us sees something that can be improved, they call it out. Chill out
Yes! Show your moves =D

Bwett knows whats up.

bigman40

Smash Master
but for someone who plays most of his matches online you should really get the big picture of whats it like to play good people live before you go criticize good player like me and Lilb.
1. Learn that attitude won't get you ****.
2. I'm known here, and I mainly played online competitively. Don't throw around online like it's completely nothing. I could probably come by and out-do you if you act soo cocky like that.
3. Learn to take advice. What you don't notice can hurt you. That's why other people look at your videos and attempt to give hints to make you better.

God, I hate ego manics....LEARN YOUR PLACE BEFORE YOU BITE PEOPLE'S HEADS OFF LIKE YOU'RE JESUS!

TheYoster

Smash Journeyman
Burntsocks I said I appreciated the advice and I apologize for assuming you only play online matches, but seeing as how I watched all your matches and they all happen to be online, I think I made a pretty good assumption but I guess not. I apologize if you took that offensively. And what I was trying to say about your advice was you should put more effort into watching and studying people's videos before you go and start making false statements which I found quite annoying, but ya know what that ok because you're just trying to help out. =| :)

And Bwett I come into the yoshi boards to post videos and find good yoshi's. And yeah I do try to help out with advice but apparently you took it as me thinking I'm "Mr. High and Mighty".

Bigman I have no clue what attitude you speak of. But being cocky is definitely not one of em. I take that highly offensive calling me a ego manic. If you're asking for a challenge I'll gladly accept it.
Jesus Christ people chill out. Just because I just introduced myself to the yoshi boards doesn't mean I'm some cocky newbie scrub looking to "bite people's heads off" I consider myself a nice and understanding guy looking to meet cool yoshi players.
But nice to know that theres so many friendly yoshis here taking things the wrong way. -_-

Bwett

Smash Ace
Whether or not there were large amounts of misunderstandings, you can check any thread on the yoshi boards and realize that there is virtually no conflict and everyone is friendly. Certainly, you must recognize that if that many of us reacted negatively to your post, then something was wrong with how you presented yourself.

Personally, this is all under the bridge for me. I just wanted to point that out.

TheYoster

Smash Journeyman
Thats good to know....
Now come to EastCoastRegionalCircuit and play me lol
I'll even provide housing

Isn't Hylian coming over here

bigman40

Smash Master
Burntsocks I said I appreciated the advice and I apologize for assuming you only play online matches, but seeing as how I watched all your matches and they all happen to be online, I think I made a pretty good assumption but I guess not. I apologize if you took that offensively. And what I was trying to say about your advice was you should put more effort into watching and studying people's videos before you go and start making false statements which I found quite annoying, but ya know what that ok because you're just trying to help out. =| :)

And Bwett I come into the yoshi boards to post videos and find good yoshi's. And yeah I do try to help out with advice but apparently you took it as me thinking I'm "Mr. High and Mighty".

Bigman I have no clue what attitude you speak of. But being cocky is definitely not one of em. I take that highly offensive calling me a ego manic. If you're asking for a challenge I'll gladly accept it.
Jesus Christ people chill out. Just because I just introduced myself to the yoshi boards doesn't mean I'm some cocky newbie scrub looking to "bite people's heads off" I consider myself a nice and understanding guy looking to meet cool yoshi players.
But nice to know that theres so many friendly yoshis here taking things the wrong way. -_-
When you got on burntsocks like that. I defended him. I just didn't like the way you took the advice (that was what made me think of what you were). t's just better to take it and go on, whether it's useful or not. If you don't find it useful, then just throw it out the window. Anyways, sry for comng off so hard.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Yoster I won't be going to CH4 cause of the price I'm broke but I will probably see you at the next C3 unless they don't have one next month then I will go to cyberden.

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
Add my vids please.

Yoster (yoshi) vs Boss (mario)
Yoster (yoshi) vs Boss (Luigi)
Yoster (yoshi) vs Lobos (ToonLink)
Yoster (yoshi) vs LilB (yoshi)

Also Scarlet I think you should add the tagname of the opponent the Yoshi player is facing.
Not something like:
Example
vs Mario
vs Toonklink

Adding the tagname attracts the interest of the people to watch it and lets them know/recognize the other player skill lvl before they click the link and waste like 3-7 mins on watching and load time(depending on internet bandwidth)

Example: If any of us yoshi were to fight well known top players people wouldn't be able to notice by looking at it that its a good match because it say
vs Lurcario ->instead of vs (Azen) Lurcario
So please add the tagnames and awesome thread lol.
I've thought adding the opponent's name, but to be perfectly honest, this is a Yoshi thread, and if they want to be represented, they will be represented on their respective characters' forums.

If they fight someone extraordinarily famous and do great things, they will make the hall of fame and get notoriety in that manner.

Thank you for the comments, however, and I will think about it further.

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
Also, no starting drama in the video thread. Please limit most of the discussion to video-related things, or make a thread to debate your opinions on online play Vs. live play.

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
Also also (triple-posting in my own thread, blow me):

I always find it particularly delightful when a self-made Yoshi contributes to the thread. It's great to see oldbies performing magnificent feats, etc etc, but what makes me the most pleased is finding a successful Yoshi that has developed strategies for play very different than the forum majority.

Kudos to TheYoster for impressing me with a unique style of play.

TheYoster

Smash Journeyman
OK scarlet thats cool man. Your thread your ways and I respect whatever ways you chose to post the videos. Thanks for sticking my vids in here. I plan to get some of me vs ChosenOne's yoshi soon since I play with him every now and then.

Bigman I hope everything is cool between us because I really respect you for making the DR vid. And yeah I'll watch what I say about people's advice so they don't get offended. But I truly appreciate any/all advices to make my yoshi better. So please burntsocks don't let that misunderstanding dispute stop you from giving advice.

D

Deleted member

Dont worry it wont =p. *Makes up*

THe reason i dont have offline vids fyi , is because they usually dont film at the tournies i go to. All my online vids are 4 monthes old at least, so they dont show any of my current skill.

Also, i think the advice i gave was pretty good =P Im just sayin you can pivot grab people out of egg rolls, and u guys would OCCASIONALLY use it in punishable ways(ae, in places where u couldve been pivot grabbed), and i realize it was friendlies, so i know thats not ur full potential.

Top Bottom