• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Victory Is My Destiny-The *New* Guide to Meta Knight by PEEF! Feb 1 2009 Update!

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Here's a great combo to put into the guide; works wonders for me:

Grab > Grab Attack > D-throw > Dash Attack > U-tilt > B-air (39%-40%)
(Works mostly at low percentages)

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Fsmash is good for mindgaming opponents that like to spot dodge.
I believe Drill Rush will edge cancel if you drill straight into the ledge (not sure)
Rainbow Cruise is one of your best counterpicks.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
awsome guide man. as for matchups theres only 4 we need to overcome

snake
dk
falco
GnW?

Tenki

Smash Hero
Nice Guide! Now I Can Beat My Friends With Metaknight =D

Sonic- Sonic has quite low priority moves. You can easily hide behind SH F-airs this entire match. This ruins any decent approaches that Sonic might be able to pull off. Use your range, and watch out for Sonics punch. It is more or less his only good kill move.
I love it.

I hope all Metaknights pay attention to this guide and play this way

<3

--edit--
nothing here : )

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Gotcha. sneaky sneaky...

Tenki said:
Except... Sonic's D-smash destroys Tornado
Mach Tornado can approach from above.

Tenki said:
all his aerial outprioritize or clang with Glide Attack
Glide attack isn't MK's only aerial attack, and most MK's know when not to attack out of their glide.

Tenki said:
and F-air beats MK's side-B.
Good thing most MK's don't incorporate Drill Rush into their offensive game.

Tenki said:
..Have fun with that
We will :)

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I love it.

I hope all Metaknights pay attention to this guide and play this way

<3

--edit--
nothing here : )
Yeah, and we will forever win, just like we do in almost every Sonic vs MK matchup...

luigidude90

Smash Apprentice
could you add in something on luigi? i know meta ***** him but luigi is my main with meta being used nearly as much. it might give me some ideas if i was to fight mk as luigi.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
could you add in something on luigi? i know meta ***** him but luigi is my main with meta being used nearly as much. it might give me some ideas if i was to fight mk as luigi.
Eek, I have absolutely no experience vs either Mario or Luigi. Check the matchup thread, or post your question there...

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Another thing for the MT out-prioritize list: Yoshi's eggs go through Mach Tornado.

Found this out playing my friend today.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Yeah, just like PK Fires, it explodes, and since the explosion doesnt interact with hitboxen, and only with hurtboxen, the explosion will take MK out of it if the egg hit close enough to his body.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Wow the worst part of this thread =

WHAT METAKNIGHT ARE YOU PLAYING?!
I love how people will pick one thing they disagree with to talk about. Thanks.

The hitbox of MK's uptilt does not extend any distance in front of or behind him. Most u-tilts will. Think Snake, think Marth, think most characters.

Yes, it reaches high, and has stronger knockback than Upsmash. Unfortunately, it is still not one of his principal kill moves, because MK kills much better off the side. The move is not super useful due to its thin, but tall hitbox.

That a better explaination?

lucha5

Banned via Warnings
great guide thx alot. but noob question xd what does sh stand for?

Skyflyer

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi shouldn't be listed as an easy matchup. >_>

Add diddy kong to hard matchups.

Hype

Smash Lord
FD is not a good counter pick vs marth. Its accually usually what marth with CP vs MK. marth can completly abuse his grab release combos here. when marth makes MK jump break its a side B or up B from marth (theres other moves that are inescapable but those are the best to use).

Deoxys

Smash Lord
MK literally has no AT's unless you could the tricks you can do with dimensional cape AT's
He has ATs everyone can do, plus Wingdashing, and GAC. Also he can buffer dtilt to ftilt, do Halberds, and make his nado go higher by leading into it with a jump.

Zergum

Smash Cadet
rofl matchups are dumb. ZSS isnt that easy. definately harder then rob. also, metaknight is marths hardest matchup, its not even close to 50-50.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
rofl matchups are dumb. ZSS isnt that easy. definately harder then rob. also, metaknight is marths hardest matchup, its not even close to 50-50.
This guide is outdated, but much less outdated then the previously stickied guide.

He should really update it.

SilverBlaze

Smash Apprentice
Rainbow Cruise should definitely added as a good CP stage. It helps immensely with the Snake match-up since it hurts camping so much and MK is so much more mobile than Snake. There's also the potential for a d-tilt lock on the ship.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
This guide will be recieving a full update in about a week after I recoup from my tourney. Alot has changed and there are quite a few adjustments to make. There will also be new and improved matchup summaries.
PS: Wanna come to my tourney? (Its gonna be bangin...)
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=3659

lil cj

Smash Lord
This a great guide
Its very helpful:)
But....Im having alot of problems with Toon Link and Zelda
How do I beat them?

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
A truly adequate guide! Thank you for writing it. I don't feel like criticising it. A great guide. MK used to be my main but I was thought to be too aggressive with him so I should use a softer character

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
For Snake's matchup, don't forget to abuse Utilt, Uair, and Usmash. Snake is weak from his underside.
That's correct. However similarly so is MK against Snake. Snake's up-tilt is highly fatal thus MKs should be aware not to go under Snake. MK's uair combo however is quite effective against Snake. Snake's dair is much slower than that and gravity really does affect Snake to fall into the hands (or sword) of Meta Knight

Staco

Smash Champion
I use UTilt sometimes to kill enemys and at the start
and rarely if he comes from above UTilt with FTilt follow ups etc.

Top Bottom