• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] Melbourne CouchWarriors 2011 - AGM News

Would you like to see a cash prize pool? (Public vote)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I think keeping tomorrow's meet low-key is the way to go. There's been too much stuff on at the moment and I don't really want to over-exhaust myself. Isn't the Olympic Ceremony tomorrow night? Heck I wouldnt even mind watching that in fedsq late... but that's just me

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
dude oldschool
maybe
just MAYBE
you could look at the ****ing thread with Melbourne already in the title?
no wait
thats too hard
my bad

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
Hey guys. Haven't been on SB for a while. Just wanted to say that today is my B'Day. In a couple of weeks I'm going for my learners. Hope I pass it, I'm kinda nervous.
wowww same here, i havn't been on SB for a while either and my bdays tommorow :) well except.. i'm not going for my learners cause im a lazy *******...
aanyway i guess i've taken a long enough break.. you's might see me at the next smash meet

MAYBE
no guarantees
... not that anyone cares ><"

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
Hey guys. Haven't been on SB for a while. Just wanted to say that today is my B'Day. In a couple of weeks I'm going for my learners. Hope I pass it, I'm kinda nervous.
Ugh...when I sat my test, I was 3 years younger than now - fark that makes me sound old... T_T
Anyway its easy, you can pretty much get 100% with little effort =)

wowww same here, i havn't been on SB for a while either and my bdays tommorow :) well except.. i'm not going for my learners cause im a lazy *******...
aanyway i guess i've taken a long enough break.. you's might see me at the next smash meet

MAYBE
no guarantees
... not that anyone cares ><"
Anyway, happy b-day u 2!
We should so go and postpone our celebrations until next week, and then have a massive tri-birthday-smash session =D

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Sorry KO and Kyle I wont be able to join you guys :(
Redact what are you b!tchin about? It escapes me...
Birthday boys. Congrats on a safe journey around the sun...may your next be as fortunate or more so :)
Oni don't be emo it's lame.

K I was ganna have an Oreos commercial quote about 'malk' here but I don't want anyone thinking I believe X to be a dog. xD

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Anyone that wants to smash tonight just give me a call - to everyone else, focus all your energies on making the mext monthly on the 17th good! That means coming, and bringing eqipment.

No matter how many times I say this (bring your ****) people still aren't contributing to the cause as much as I'd like them to. Judging by the lack of Wiis by those who actually wanted to play more smash on Wednesday night, it's reasonable that these people need to step it up in this dept.

"I thought someone else was gonna bring it" or "I didn't know" or "I had work" is not an excuse. :)

If we can change this culture I'm confident everyone will have a lot more fun.

thanks ~

unknownforce

Smash Lord
I have another minute to log on, so I thought I would again thank you guys for all the fun on Wednesday. It was a blast, and it was great meeting you all in real life and seeing Shaz and Cella again. Also, a big thanks to David for organizing the whole thing and for giving me free tickets! You're a very generous and very cool guy, and I hope I can repay you by giving you a tour of Rhode Island if you ever feel like visiting (the same offer to everyone else too, and I greatly appreciate that you came all the way here considering that many of you had long rides!)

This trip has already been great. Think I'm going to see the botanical gardens today and the town museum (possibly the gaol too). Greatly looking forward to seeing some of you again this evening. I'll bring a controller and camera this time!

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Likewise Kyle :). Shame you didn't have enough time to stick around and see some of the kind of thing I'd like to show you. I look forward to our next meeting in the future...hopefully one with much more freedom :)..Travel safe bud.

forky

Smash Apprentice
And a more important thingy! Soon we get to RL it. And go Snowboarding/Skiing!

TO HOTHAM! (Almost as if all the people are going are batman)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
There's a train station called Batman

and Melbourne's original name was... Batmania... sounds stupid :)

MikulOnIce85

Smash Ace
How funny Cao, that's a strange station name. Now then, everyone don't forget that there is my late b'day celebration happening tomorrow, starting from the Imax cinema @ Carlton Gardens. Be there by 4:30, we're watching the Dark Knight and after that I intend to find a few bars and clubs to visit. Be there, help Mikul party!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
MIKUL PARTY WUB! I think we should go to Brunettis for Cakesies! :grin:

Meet tonight - confirmed:
- Unknownforce aka Yanky 1
- Oldschool aka Yanky 2
- CAOTIC
- Sam
- J
- Deks
- Bwyan

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Mikul I wont be able to make it....and for a second I thought KO said you were going hunting for brunettes...in which case I'd have been double kicking myself xD...then I realised it was about cake...so I'm still p!ssed off anyway :\

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
Just a sprain...though I don't trust the doctors here in Australia.

I asked the doctor if he can help me strap my cast on my ankle. He said, " I'm sorry but you need to make an appointment." I reply with, "Can I have some tape so I can strap it on myself?" and he answers me with "You need to make an appointment and buy the tape from blah blah chemists(or something like that)."

Oh well looks like I can't come to the next monthly and beat X using my feet. sigh

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Last night was great. Kyle and Eugene (unknownforce and oldschool) were really fun to play brawl with.
And I haven't had that much fun playing melee since CoK. Moar! I demand moar!
Really looking forward to next weekend ^^
Really upset you can't make it Cobalt, you force me to try my hardest,I don't think I will enjoy this tourney as much.
Hopefully Chris takes your place this month. Heh.
Also X or Devil, if this Sunday is happening, come on msn or call or something so we can sort this out.
Lub Melbourne ^^

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
CAOTIC via. CW Boards said:
This is a post to formally annunce that I will be stepping down a gear from Smash in CW.

There are several reasons for this:
- Gradual dissatisfaction of the current culture of smash players towards CW events (a more authoritarian smash director might be the solution to get people to change their attitudes to things such as bringing equipment, smash ettiquete/no friendlies/considerations of others/notification before disappearing, etc.)

- Focusing on delivering a national circuit for Brawl through GotGames and Anything Interactive's Gamerthon 09. There could even be a role for Couch Warriors to stage a major for the national circuit, details need to be fluffed out.

- Little control over the dates and times for events, means I am not always able to attend CW and support it as consistently as i'd like it to.

Shaz has volunteered to take over the reins, per-se, and I guess the most important thing from there is to get you guys (Loki/Zan) introduced to Shaz properly and do some sort of handover procedure.

I think this will benefit everyone (big-picture thinking), and I will still be able to support CW in a variety of other ways. I'm especially looking forward to an annual of some sorts, that play a role in the national circuit I'm producing with other groups. My energies will be primarily focused on expanding the Smash scene rapidly in all other states.

And of course i'll attend every month I can and participate, and help out with some things here and there. But not as much as I had done before.
Expect massive changes folks. Shaz will now be the main contact point for the Monthies. I'm very confident he will deliver a far more satisfying series of tournaments that my recent efforts. I have demoted myself to become a mere 'competitor.' :)

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
Oops I worded my message wrong. What I meant to say was, "Oh well looks like I can't play and beat X with my feet at the next monthly." I'm still coming...unless you don't want me to of course. That's a different story.

Wow Shaz taking over. Now I definitely have to come and see how things will turn out.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
WOAHHH111
INTERESTING!!!!!
this changes EVERYTHING!
nah not really, jei, if you want some competition i'll stick it to ya at the monthly... after we win teams ;)

oh what cao said is kinda something too
gj cao gj shaz whee

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
WOAHHH111
INTERESTING!!!!!
this changes EVERYTHING!
nah not really, jei, if you want some competition i'll stick it to ya at the monthly... after we win teams ;)

oh what cao said is kinda something too
gj cao gj shaz whee
Erick and me will win teams!
And good luck Shaz, tell us if u want some help =D

_X_

Smash Lord
Just a sprain...though I don't trust the doctors here in Australia.

I asked the doctor if he can help me strap my cast on my ankle. He said, " I'm sorry but you need to make an appointment." I reply with, "Can I have some tape so I can strap it on myself?" and he answers me with "You need to make an appointment and buy the tape from blah blah chemists(or something like that)."

Oh well looks like I can't come to the next monthly and beat X using my feet. sigh
:mad: RAGE IN YOUR GENERAL DIRECTION!!!

it's my sister's 21st tonight, sorry mikul ;_;
Gettin' wasted bro'?!

Erick and me will win teams!
And good luck Shaz, tell us if u want some help =D
Too B0rKen (combo), you two are banned.

PS. Cao and I are at 4000 and 500 posts, respectively. Making us massive playas, me more so ('cause ... <_< I dun no wie.)

oats

Smash Rookie
Hey yo ! Its been ages since I was last here.
Whats happening with the smash? I haven't kept up with the times lol.
I hear stuff from Nay n' Jei. So yeh i'll probably come along to the next session.. Play some DDR !

bylim5

Smash Journeyman
Friday was intimate and fun. awesome playing against the guys who came. great to meet kyle and eugene.
btw Cao and deks, just had to tell u my driving to N2C was because i forgot to put on my headlights on. what the...! no wonder i couldn't see. special thanks to cao for teaching me how to put demisters on too. haha

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I'll team with Cobalt. Atlus says he might not make it next month so I can't rely on waiting around to hear a result which may **** me around come Sunday.
I heard JM hates videogames.
Edit - I wonder if the smash community can reach a new record by bringing 0 tv's this monthly ~ sounds fun

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Shaz taking over? I have to come to another monthly before year's end. I've started saving cash as I'm probably (finally) moving to Melbourne late next year/early 2010. Woo, for those who care.

>_>

<_<

Bendigo sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom