• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] Melbourne CouchWarriors 2011 - AGM News

Would you like to see a cash prize pool? (Public vote)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
tak you're not allowed to come either way
men only

mikul what is good birthday food? ;)

kupo

Smash Lord
DDR Partay. Wewt

Jei is banned from playing healing vision and holic OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

WTB ITG!

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
organs are overrated and Chris don't be silly. I'm sure you will place high if not take 1st place in August ranbats. Great pic though, made me lol.

Haven't played DDR since connection tour =(
kinda over it atm.

So...nothing this weekend?

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
jei you dont have the right to call it ddr, you may aswell call it "healing vision the game"
then recent the expansion was released "Healing vision 2: It's actually holic"

_X_

Smash Lord
... On a less DDR/Healing Vision The Game related note, I seem to have left my controller at the last Ranbat.

It's black... Does that help? No?

Well the stick is like, scratched up looks dirty (it's not dirty just extra sexy) and the C-stick may or may not be ****ed up, can't remember.

Any ideas?

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
now now, I'm sure when you guys were little DDR nooblets like me you fancied the songs you knew how to do. Besides, I'm practicing other songs, it's just not fun paying $2 and failing on your first song (because I play DDR by myself alot.)
I'm happy to try other songs when I know the other person can pass it. You understand...you judgmental a-holes <3

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86

Forte4Tei

Smash Apprentice
Anything happening today guys, I'd go out for the third night in arow but I've work at 7 tomorrow :(

That and my liver... my poor organs.
Great work, it's awesome to see a Melbourne smasher actually bothering to do their own experimentation and contributing to the world scene.

~Vince.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Don't worry Jei - I'm with you..If you're ganna jump around on 4 pads for several minutes with money that would feed a family in Africa for a few days you may as well enjoy it. Besides...don't listen to Redact of all douches....his Brawl game relies on the one thing he's good at, and he can play Brawl for free ;)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I finished moving except for the tv, so I'm back to do stuff

Re: The Snow Trip - how is everyone organising their transportation?

And also what day suits everyone for doing something the days Kyle is around?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I'm going to see if I can set up a poll to see how many people want to see how many people want the following events to be rotated:

- Melee Singles
- Melee Teams
- Brawl Teams

Brawl Singles will be a staple tourney for the remainder of the season.
Brawl Teams would stay permanently if there is a weak demand for Melee, hopefully a poll can tell us so.

kupo

Smash Lord
now now, I'm sure when you guys were little DDR nooblets like me you fancied the songs you knew how to do. Besides, I'm practicing other songs, it's just not fun paying $2 and failing on your first song (because I play DDR by myself alot.)
I'm happy to try other songs when I know the other person can pass it. You understand...you judgmental a-holes <3
lol i got bored of the songs i played too much of. I mean..who fails the song they play often on?

Oh wait, thats me rofl! <3 I can do Chaos somewhat... >_>

I think sat will be a yes for a majority when Kyles around? I mean..we could probably throw something small and call it a mini-rambats :p. $1 tournament mode tourney! xD

ffs I'll get my revenge too.

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
Hey guys, about the skiing trip,
Could some of us organise transportation before we book a place? I won't have a my car when I come down, so does someone wanna give me a lift? >.<

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Fact: Until recently KO could beat Emily at noting - not even manliness.
Kyle/Unknown Force is a fan of Melee. Anyone who wants to play Melee with him I'm sure he'd appreciate it.
Em it's Ranbats not Rambats you noob xD, Do you suppose a Ram-bat is somewhat like a Sheep-dog...a bat that rounds up rams perhaps?
Don't trust Mic he told me his plan to take over the world was to invent a time machine, slip back in time and feed Captain Falcons mum arsenic in small doses enough to taint her breast-milk and take out Falcon before he becomes more manly than Mic himself is....(which being Falcon would be at age 5 months.)

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Haha, Melee is great, but I'm not a Brawl hater either. I still haven't formed a strong impression about Brawl yet because my experience in the game is greatly lacking. I don't have a good internet connection at my house (it can't handle wifi play and drops me every time) and most of the melee players I knew best that were close by strongly dislike the game. Work schedule was pretty harsh so I've only played Brawl at a few events and three times with Emmy, and as such I don't think I can make a fair judgment of the game.

That said, I'd still be happy to play either game and have had an overall fun experience playing Brawl thus far (the added challenge is great!), although I'd also like to visit some of Melbourne with you guys if you're interested. A 1 dollar tournament mode event would be a lot of fun too! While we're at it, perhaps we can have some Happy Birthday Matches. So far, they are the most enjoyable Brawl match I've participated in!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I work/live in the city, so I'm up for exploring town with you Kyle, anytime.

Use this to call me

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Raging Mist said:
LOOK DUDES i might not be able to make it to next event because iv'e been working some sundays, but the real problem is i am the only one at the moment bringing my t.v. if you guys were satisfied with the venue it might do you well to bring your t.v's. one...because i might not show up and two..i just dont feel like carrying my t.v round anymore unless other people do. so SMASH DUDES PLEASE SOMEONE OTHER THAN ME BRING A T.V FOR PITEY SAKE
Loki said:
More than one please.
I believe there was only one dedicated (brought by Smash players) TV for Smash last time, and since you guys require more TVs than anyone to run your competitions this is pretty ridiculous.
And on other news, we're looking pretty good for reintroducing Melee back into the Ranbats. If that were the case, what do you guys want to play this month? Singles? Or Teams?

TV COUNT FOR AUGUST
1 x CAOTIC

BRAWL/MELEE COUNT FOR AUGUST
1 x CAOTIC (Melee)
1 x CAOTIC (Brawl)

_X_

Smash Lord
And on other news, we're looking pretty good for reintroducing Melee back into the Ranbats. If that were the case, what do you guys want to play this month? Singles? Or Teams?

TV COUNT FOR AUGUST
1 x CAOTIC

BRAWL/MELEE COUNT FOR AUGUST
1 x CAOTIC (Melee)
1 x CAOTIC (Brawl)
If Melee singles does that mean no brawl doubles? Me thinks Cao just wants win moar!!

And how will the power rankings work there after?

As for the T.V's people are catching the train in and can't carry them all the way into the city, there-in lyes the problem.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
The Ranbat Rankings only affects Brawl Singles placements, so that's a stayer until the very end. Brawl Teams will be rotated along with Melee Teams and Melee Singles every month.

So it could end up something like this:

August:
Brawl Singles and Melee Singles

September:
Brawl Singles and Brawl Teams

October:
Brawl Singles and Melee Teams

November:
Brawl Singles and Melee Singles

etc.

If you're against this vote 'NO' on the Melbourne Poll.

EDIT - The problem is people need to drive to bring the TV's in. Public transport is good, but it makes the situation worse, because it has made more people lazy. There's still no reason why people can't organise to bring their TV's over. If it were a major tourney people would go out of their way to supply TV's. We need to keep up that same kind of attitude for the regular monthlies if you want to have fun. I think there are also financial offsets for doing so now as well.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
awww <3 melee but I have Dekar as a teams partner next ranbat. We were going to be the best team ever with the best team name ever. All just a dream now...*cries*
I'll settle for melee though.
I'll also bring my tv if I'm driving down, but that's not likely.

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
" Originally Posted by Raging Mist
LOOK DUDES i might not be able to make it to next event because iv'e been working some sundays, but the real problem is i am the only one at the moment bringing my t.v. if you guys were satisfied with the venue it might do you well to bring your t.v's. one...because i might not show up and two..i just dont feel like carrying my t.v round anymore unless other people do. so SMASH DUDES PLEASE SOMEONE OTHER THAN ME BRING A T.V FOR PITEY SAKE
"

Does anyone have his mobile number? I need to contact him as he still owes me some money.

I don't see why anyone should vote against the rotating idea. It won't affect your power rankings so you don't have to worry about trying to get first place. [/opinion]

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
I don't prac Melee, it looks crapy on my new T.V >_<

Speaking of Brawl doubles anyone wanna jump on the X-Train (I'm going to be there 100% on time, I sware >_>)?
X i'll team with you
Team Infinate ammo! :laugh:
That is if i is on next ranbat :ohwell:

As for the T.V's people are catching the train in and can't carry them all the way into the city, there-in lyes the problem.
*wishes to be 18 and have a car and licence... oh and a TV that plays brawl* :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom