• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] Melbourne CouchWarriors 2011 - AGM News

Would you like to see a cash prize pool? (Public vote)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Ski Trip Update:

so far these people are confirmed or pretty interested in coming:

- Cao (PAID-UP)
- Nancy (PAID-UP)
- Forky (PAID-UP)
- Jontz T. Freed-Man (PAID-UP)
- Sam (PAID-UP)

- Chris
- Bryan
- X
- Devil
- Ice K
- Blazey
- Blazey's sister
- Syrick
- Divine Crono

The rest of the people that haven't paid up are urged to book beds at the nearby hostel ~ link is here:
http://www.hostelworld.com/findabed.php/ChosenCity.Bright/ChosenCountry.Australia

it's even cheaper than Westwood Lodge and you only need to pay 10% online to secure the beds. Everyone please get onto this asap. As you can see this is becoming a massive group and I don't want anyone to miss out. Please also organize car/chains for driving.

Of course I'm happy to help ~ if you need assistance booking things call me on 0420824348 - my new phone is reliable so you wont get that screech-bing-bong message anymore

_X_

Smash Lord
Important Change For Next Monthly

The next monthly event will be held on the sunday of August 17th at the John Curtin bandroom as with the most recent event.

In light of recent events, I will be taking over the main role of supervisor for the duration of this upcoming monthly.

I will outline here the way in which the event will be run here so to have everyone well informed before the event so as to avoid confusion by any parties.

In-game rules:
These will remain unchanged from the July event.

Tournament rules (Important)
-The tournament will be run in the familiar ramdomised double elimination bracket style.
-Matches however will be played in order displayed on the brackets themselves from top to bottom without exception. Matches will be called and players will be asked to partake in their matches immediately.
-Immediately upcoming matches will be announced during the time the prior matches are underway to give warning so no-one need miss their matches.
-If you aren't present or can not be found easily when your match is due you will have 2 minutes in which to appear. Failure to do so will result in prompt disqualification for the match in question and your opponent will receive a win on technicality.
-Friendly matches are STRICTLY FORBIDDEN until otherwise instructed. This will allow for a hasty completion of the tournament matches, and with any luck allow for plenty of time for friendly, crew, money or challenge matches at the conclusion of the planned events.
-Failure to comply with instructions can lead to a disqualification. Though this is an extreme measure it is a possibility, so please do as you are asked with minimum fuss. If you have an issue you feel stops you from doing this please take it up WITH ME DIRECTLY and I will hear you out and help you solve this personally.

For further information on location, opening time and the like refer to the first post on this thread by Caotique.

Please remember to bring your controllers at very least, and where possible all wii's, copies of Brawl and TV's that can be brought along are greatly appreciated. Also remember there is a $5 fee Couch Warriors enforces so have this at the ready at entry.
-All who can bring a 60Hz television I will personally cover the Couch Warriors fee ($5) on their behalf.

If there are any queries questions or comments my e-mail address is omnimetrix@hotmail.com. Contact me there rather than in this thread to avoid congesting it.
Thanks all :)
What did I say! I knew this would happen, take that Sydney kids.

Ski Trip Update:

so far these people are confirmed or pretty interested in coming:

- Cao (PAID-UP)
- Nancy (PAID-UP)
- Forky (PAID-UP)
- Jontz T. Freed-Man (PAID-UP)
- Sam (PAID-UP)

- Chris
- Bryan
- X
- Devil
- Ice K
- Blazey
- Blazey's sister
- Syrick
- Divine Crono

The rest of the people that haven't paid up are urged to book beds at the nearby hostel ~ link is here:
http://www.hostelworld.com/findabed.php/ChosenCity.Bright/ChosenCountry.Australia

it's even cheaper than Westwood Lodge and you only need to pay 10% online to secure the beds. Everyone please get onto this asap. As you can see this is becoming a massive group and I don't want anyone to miss out. Please also organize car/chains for driving.

Of course I'm happy to help ~ if you need assistance booking things call me on 0420824348 - my new phone is reliable so you wont get that screech-bing-bong message anymore
I'll have to talk to people about the car, fo' real. We'll let you know man, sorry about wait.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
FYI

Catch22/CouchWarriors Boards said:
Dont forget technically we could have started setting up at 1pm last time which would have had us ready to go before 2pm. Easy. Also after the first time set up is going to be a lot easy.

In fact enjoy this 5 step process:
1. Move couches.
2. Deploy tables, chairs, and power points.
3. Deploy tvs and consoles.
4. Deploy Couch Warriors.
5. Drink beer.

Now that I know how you guys want it I can pretty safely claim that it will only take us 30 mins to set up. But I did have some other things to add.

Can we please only have those who are setting up stuff actually around during the set up phase. We had a whole bunch of people doing nothing but standing around and I heard at least 3 people complain about us not being on time. If you are not bringing stuff that needs to be hauled in the back of a car there is no need to arrive 30 mins early. Same goes for packing up. If you aint gunna help, dont stand around. The least you can do is go downstairs and buy drinks. Also, everybody loitering outside the front of the pub while waiting for it to open is not cool. Go get a coffee or a drink or something and come back when the doors are open.

Zan taking entrance fees at the start of the event is perfect as long as people dont turn up early and swarm the place. If they wait till we are just about set up and ready for them theres no reason why they cannot all come in and pay in a quick and orderly fashion.

As for drinks. The reason for Leon not wanting alcohol upstairs has more to do with the fact that he will not have any lisenced barstaff upstairs to not only clean up but keep an eye out. He was obviously and fairly uncomfortable with it and did mention to you the benefits he gains from restricting the drinks to downstairs. I might be able to convince him to let us bring drinks up but it would be on the condition that I take responsibility for it and clean up the glasses. Which I am happy to do for kudos points. That said, for now we should accept the ruling and drink downstairs, very few were late for tournaments due to drinks.

The event starts after lunch so most people should already have fullish bellies when it starts. 6pm is around dinner time when people should be getting hungry again.

As for the late start 2pm is pretty much always going to be the case, unless business picks up so much that Leon decides to get in earlier. Later ends might be on the cards but not in the immediate future. Rest assured next time we will set up and be going much sooner.

Just recapping main points:

Dont turn up early if you are not helping with setup or bringing lots of gear.
Drinks and food downstairs until I speak to Leon at next event.
Got that?

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
@ bylim - no need for that attitude. You can go to the toilet as you please. If you choose to do so after you're alerted that your game is coming up it's done at your own risk.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
can always check on the laptop, and you'll know whether or not you have time

anyone up for smash this friday/saturday? or friday --> saturday?
i'm thinking up a super awesome plan right now.

MikulOnIce85

Smash Ace
can always check on the laptop, and you'll know whether or not you have time

anyone up for smash this friday/saturday? or friday --> saturday?
i'm thinking up a super awesome plan right now.
Well, since my b'day is this tuesday coming, a meet on the weekend before should be fun. Preferably Saturday night if so.

bylim5

Smash Journeyman
@ bylim - no need for that attitude. You can go to the toilet as you please. If you choose to do so after you're alerted that your game is coming up it's done at your own risk.
i was joking. :p seems like my joke failed. but yeah, fair rules for the whole thing.

anyway about smash snow trip- there's a problemo, i've got a group presentation on that Monday, coming back. i'll try to work things out.

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
Hopefully things will move along much quicker now that these new rules are placed upon everyone. It makes a lot more sense to have the players at the top (of the bracket) play first so you can estimate how much time you will have in order to take a break.

The number of TVs is also an important issue. We only had 3(?) last time but if that number can be raised to 5 or 6, everyone will have plenty of time to have their friendlies or just go home early.

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
my new phone is reliable so you wont get that screech-bing-bong message anymore
Lol not that reliable I still get about two missed calls from you every week at random times :chuckle: .

Sorry to hear the tournie didn't run so smoothly, I don't know if its a bad thing but I was thinking about you guys and the monthlies while out with my better half. Dose that make me sound creepy ?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
<3 Adam, I can assure you I won't call you again.

You guys can rule me out of any activity this weekend (including AVCon and Nick's birthday), I'm packing everything up from my garage and moving permanently to East Melbourne

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
It's called East Melbourne, between Richmond and the CBD, just north of the MCG

My house is right off Hoddle St

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I'd agree Sunshine is probably the best out of all the 3D marios. Massive stages to traverse, great controls, and levels don't just magically appear for you in the world map

Dekar289

Smash Hero
you're all lying, lying! ;_;

designed perfectly? what the ****? had so many flaws right up the arse!

i still have my copy, cobalt. jut to remind me how much it SUCKED.

_X_

Smash Lord
How else do you guys plan to educate people on these new rules?

The poor people who don't go on these boards/didn't read Shaz's message are going to get disquali-pwn'd for going to the bathroom.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Sucks does it Dekar? *disqualified* xD
Sunshine wins! The only mario I've felt like I can wtf pwn stuff just by being absolutely walljump awesome. Nothing beats showing off your non-FLUDD obstacle course skill to girls xD.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Heh, any chance of a fest when I'm in Melbourne? I'm interested most in other activities though (since I can play video games anywhere).

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Which days over you down here? We can throw something for you depending on what you want to do <3

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
wtf....I never had anything on.

I hated Sunshine -_- but that's just me.
Update first page Ranbats yeeeaaa.

Also anything happening this weekend?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Ashley is back home and has requested a DDR Party! Pin this for next weekend!

and also

(omg)

hawthorn vs. collingwood.... AGAIN ><"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom