• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] Don't Get Bashed - Results on post #736 (default top of page 50)

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Was planning to come but was partying too late last night. Hope all goes well and I'll come try play Roy/Ike next month.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
Results??????
For Brawl?
1. Earl
2. Tibs
3. Splice
4. Afropony
5. Dekar/me
7. Toshi/Jei

Melee... was still going when I left. I know Dekar was in Grand Finals and Toshi was in Loser's Finals.

Well... shoutouts tomorrowwwww or maybe Monday (:

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
least enjoyable tournament in Melbourne Ive had so far, lack of tvs (not dekars fault) and venue having terrible ventilation just really ruined everything for me

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
i came back late from filming and i had an excellent time -- great start to 2011, props to deks and to those who brought equipment. apparently 45-50 turned up, many new faces, all much improved! great vibe for me by only having to endure the last 3 hours.

x - didn't jei used to msg you to come but you didn't anyway? just come!

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Someone should have told me to bring a tv in the morning :< oh wells, maybe next time we need to be more organized haha.

I still had lots of fun regardless =) Might do some shoutouts soons

earla

Smash Lord
yeah attila lets play.

anyone up for n2c tmoz who could bring a setup? sunday saver.

i want to practice. melee?brawl?64?

Timic83

Smash Ace
Moorabbin/Hampton East, Melbourne, Australia
ggs to all shoutout time

dekar - great tourney but damn you for changing the bracket
roundface - did not expect you to blow me out so quickly, losers match we had was great tho, so close shoulda been finals
jake - your mew 2 good
surgi - peach is gay
cao - peach is gay
roundface again - oh god peach is gay
dekar again - my falco 2g in brawl
joey - or was it toshi
robsta - good melee i guess get better
earl - we finally got some practice games, was fun, learn a lot whenever i play you
cao again - **** in 2 mins or less or your entry fee's free
gordon ramsay - where were you, the kitchen was a disgrace
viva - good to see someone appreciate mah music hax lol
heatmiser - get out of our venue
aznaussie - nintendo 64 oh my god
earl again - **** 64 too fun
splice - 100 classic books tas
plasia - roys our boy

thats it for now

Timic will win dgb.
confidence... it will destroy you all someday

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i didn't change the bracket, red did, and only coz people needed to be added, which unfortunately pushed it over the 32 mark into 33 entrants, which is like the worst number possible lol =/

results, shoutouts soon

Kier.F

Smash Apprentice
Massive thankyou to everyone especially deks / redact / cao for always bein so cool met a lot of new people today atmosphere was great alex n matt had a ball aswell looking forward to improving and coming to the next one thanks for takin some time to whoop my *** cao/dekar I'll drill it into my brain and take a game off you guys soon i hope :) had a great time cheers.

also 2's was insane going to be playing them all the time from now on

joeyjoeyjoejoe

Smash Apprentice
Did anyone pick up two n64 controllers: green and grey? Last seen next to each other on the table in the back corner where the n64 set up was at the start of the day.

Thanks

Also, fun tourney all things considered

Dekar289

Smash Hero
To the all the new and newish players: sorry about the lack of TVs and the heat.
Monthlies will run from February with Couch Warriors (See the other thread) and it will be closer to the city, with more TVs, more friendlies, a better venue and a more relaxed atmosphere.
I hope you enjoyed this tournament all the same.

@ Cao - Dayum great pics, makes the venue - and the players - look great
@ Kier, Roundface, Haikal - Pumped to see you guys play again at the monthlies, you're all very promising, exciting players... alex lay off the link and you'll be fine lol
@ Toshiba - ggs, i enjoy playing you
@ Dean - thanks for applauding after like all my brawl singles matches... hope you were impressed and entertained <3 Also it's interesting to note that in brawl singles we both won our first match, then lost our 2nd, then won 4 straight in losers, then lost. A hard earned equal 5th for us.
@ leisha - stop gimping me
@ viva - stop f-smashing me
@ bendigo crew - thanks for coming, great to see you again... hella impressed by the 3 of you
@ joey - can we team one day...
@ earl - nice job dominating brawl, we'll work on them weird melee characters
@ joyousone - don't be discouraged from that yoshi ****, your pikachu is great, let us train and teach you
@ tom - such a king with the boosts, and nice job in 64
@ jake - solid performance, could teach ur bro a thing or two :p
@ hermit - thanks for teaming, i hope you come back so we can all teach you doc some more
@ Plasia, Redact - I can't believe you just assumed it started at 12. Really, that is... incredibly underwhelming. Thanks for helping run the tourneys Redact, did a fiiiine job.
@ Jei - As i get better in singles, i get worse in doubles... actually played **** in teams, just got gimped so much lol
@ everyone - well done, nobody got bashed... physically anyway

Brawl Singles

1: Earl
2: Tibs
3: Splice
4: Afropony
5: Dean
5: Dekar
7: Jei
7: Toshiba
9: Tanman
9: Viva
9: Nicks
9: Leisha
13: Connie
13: Nix
13: Digs
13: Taylor
17: Edge
17: Joseph
17: Doom
17: Jake
17: Raik
17: Timic
17: Santa
17: Jerome
25: AA
25: Joey

Melee Teams

1: Toshi and Joey
2: Hermit/Kier and Dekar (Hermit went home after Winners Finals)
3: Bryan and Tibs
4: Nicks and Earl
5: Redact and Jei
5: Afro and Splice
7: Dwayne and JoyousOne
7: Forte and Haikal
9: AJTN and SkeleTom
9: Leisha and Viva
9: Surgi and Jake
9: Tanman and Digs
13: Plasia and Level 9 Ganon
13: Nixernator and Santa
13: DD and Edge
13: Timic and Robsta

Melee Singles

1: Dekar
2: Toshiba
3: Redact
4: Tibs
5: Earl
5: Forte
7: Roundface (AKA Mr Giggles (Dan))
7: Kier
9: Timic
9: Haikal
9: Afropony
9: Jei
13: Splice
13: Tanman
13: Jake
13: Plasia
17: Surgi
17: Joey
17: Unlucky XIII
17: Nicks
17: Edge
17: Jessie
17: JoyousOne
17: Robsta
25: Matt
25: DD
25: SkeleTom
25: Alex
25: Digs
25: Viva
25: Hermit (Hayden)
25: Leisha
33: Alexi

Brawl Teams

1:
2:
3:
4: Toshi and Joey
5: Jei and Dekar
5: Bryan and Tibs
7: Dean and Edge
7: Nix and Santa
9: Tanman and Digs
9: DD and SkeleTom
9: Jesse and Pagz
9: Surgi and Jake
13: Timic and AA

64 was an abortion....
looks like AA was the best, followed by Tom, Robsta and Tanman
huge thanks to asian aussie who came well prepared to set up 64 on a laptop meaning we had another tv for brawl/melee
bracket is screwed lol

Total Entrants: 50
poo won't get 50 entrants lolol

Dekar289

Smash Hero
earl dropped 1 against tibs and 1 against... afro
doubles DNF, earl and nicks took game 1 of losers
no pot for doubles anyway, w/e, glad we got as much done as we did with so few resources

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
Well, I had fun.

Tanman: who cares about tourney, the Ganon ditto is what really counted. Also please come more often this year :)
Nicks: still too good. I'll go straight Dedede against you from now on, though. I expect some high placings from you this year.
Nix: I felt you had momentum for most of our set and could very well have won easily... still, fair legit for your first tournament in nearly a year :)
Doom: glad you entered, and sorry for 'spamming.' I guess I'll see you around?
ViVa: I don't think you're that far off from beating me. I'd stick with Mario if I were you, but if not sorry for helping your transition into a tier ***** :urg:
Jei: if you hadn't SDed game 1 the set would likely look very different... still good games. Now that you kinda know the matchup (ban Rainbow!) I look forward to our next set. This was actually the first time I've played you in singles in ages and you're pretty insanely good.
Afro: still not even close to your level. Maybe one day...
Edge: cheers for teaming, I thought it was pretty good for our first time. Sorry for hitting you so often >.<!
American friendDigby: that Yoshi is legit as hell. Hope you enjoy your stay in Australia.
Timic + AA: gg in Brawl doubles.
Toshi + Joey: yeah nah I had fun. Thanks for like, talking to me through the day, makes it worth it. Also Joey my pants are not emo :mad:
Dekar: best Brawl Marth in Victoria Australia? I think so.
Dekar289 said:
@ Dean - thanks for applauding after like all my brawl singles matches... hope you were impressed and entertained <3 Also it's interesting to note that in brawl singles we both won our first match, then lost our 2nd, then won 4 straight in losers, then lost. A hard earned equal 5th for us.
Ha. My pleasure. I'm somewhat disappointed I didn't watch your Brawl set vs Toshi.
Unlucky: totally legit 64 set. Well, humerous enough.
DD: I had a lot of fun in our 64 set. Cheers for the games.

I think that's it... cheers to people I like, talked to, for making the day entertaining and humerous <3

I'll try to figure out how to make my TV not lag, sorry guys. It was either that one or the one that randomly blacks out.
Lack of friendlies and heat were kinda 'eh,' but other than that the tournament was very enjoyable.
Also, I think I left behind a powerboard. It has my name (Dean) on it.

Robsta

Smash Ace
Did anyone pick up two n64 controllers: green and grey? Last seen next to each other on the table in the back corner where the n64 set up was at the start of the day.

Thanks

Also, fun tourney all things considered
Tom grabbed them because he thought they were aa's.

Also I'm pretty sure I picked up the wrong controller. If anyone picked a white gamecube controller that seems to new to be thier own you probably picked up mine and I picked up yours.

I heard Cao say my name, then I saw him for a second but by the time I looked back to see where he went he had disappeared like a ninja. D:

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
Hope my laptop was adequate for 64. Maybe don't have viruses etc.. on your usb stick next time though hey.

Venue was... hot. So very hot.

I'll do shoutouts soon.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i have toshiba's orange gamecube controller
and a white "playmax" gamecube controller

ViVa

Smash Ace
Shoutouts

Jerome: Good games in singles bracket, nice mario hats you and your friends/family had. I was mad jealous xD.

Dekar: Stop countering then. =P

Splice: GG, I enjoyed that Rainbow Cruise game.

Dean: Not switching main, I always say I will, but I don't. Just ignore me if I start doing it again. GG, I'll get that D3 of yours next time, just you wait >:3.

Leisha: Teams was awesome again ^_^. Too bad we can't beat Splice and Afro, they're 2g.

Jei: Best person to play friendlies with, always good.

Bryan: Lol @ you hating peach, was cool that you came to the tourney too.

Digs: Cool guy, hope you had a good time.

Tan and Edge: Was great to see you guys again too ^_^.

Earl: Congrats on winning singles.

Timic: What is that Banjo song called?! Why won't you tell? D:

If I forgot you, rage and I'll put you in.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Brawl

Earl: Congrats, well deserved.

Tibs: GG's. I shouldn't be so aggressive when the game is in it's final seconds. That was too close.

Leisha: GG's, I think I'm getting the ROB MU down though, not getting hit by nairs like I used to. Keep being cute.

Tanman: I'm sorry :(

Dean: 2g. Honestly I do believe if it wasn't for the weird dthrow that left me with no jumps or the platform gaying me on cruise I may have taken the set but you outplayed me for most of the game anyway. Really good job.

Edge: You look like your brother. I hope you can keep coming back.

Digs: Best Yoshi ever, I pass the torch to you.

Dekar: We have the potential to be one of the best teams again, we just need to work something out. Congrats on your placing and a well run tournament.

Nicks: I think I fear you more than Earl in doubles. Crazy good team mate.

Viva: Yeah friendlies were great, I can't seem to beat you anymore.

Melee

Redact: I have no idea how to team with a Falco. Don't be so mad.

Toshiba: I couldn't move against you. Sadface.

Kier: Glad to have finally played you. Your very good.

Joyous One: Nice Pikachu, sorry to have gone all out on you.

Plasia: Lol.

DD: Good games, hope you come back ^_^

Basketball

Nix: Holy crap you can dunk.

Digs again: You say you can't play but you hit more shots than you missed.

Aled: Your shooting style is weird lol.

Surgi: Cool for joining in.

Everyone else: Also cool for joining in =)
Moar bball!

I had a good time despite the heat.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
congrats to earl.

Who is this kid?
He's almost as much of a champ as Attila is.

Also I should probably randomly come to a melbourne tournament so I can be doing well in the winner's bracket before the tournaments gets cut off early and then not want to play smash for like 3-4 months.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
Also I should probably randomly come to a melbourne tournament so I can be doing well in the winner's bracket before the tournaments gets cut off early and then not want to play smash for like 3-4 months.
?
the only reason doubles didn't finish is because tvs were slow to arrive and there were heaps of people. (50 as apposed to the sydney average of 13)
i gave melee singles priority since there was a pot and generally more interest.
besides, you're crap, you couldn't do well in a melbourne winners bracket anyway

Pop it so no stray balls the backs of our chairs during tournament games next time ;)
haha yeah no more of that, i doubt there will be hoops at the monthlies venue

Splice

Smash Hero
Actually no Dekar.

After Melee singles had finished, Leisha and I changed some setups over to Brawl so Brawl doubles could finish. perhaps one match was played on those setups, before, in less then a quarter of an hour, all the setups had been changed to melee for what was DEFINITELY friendlies, except one TV. I think we got control of two TVs at the very end but because we didnt have enough TVs earlier it couldnt finish.

Yes, if we had more TVs, there could have been Melee friendlies everywhere and still enough to finish brawl doubles. But with the TVs you had, it could still have been finished on time, if the Tvs were dealt out more fairly. I think it was only 4-5 tvs at that point but it was 1 Brawl TV and 3 Melee TVs for some period of time, and this is AFTER I'd looked at the bracket to see Redact was 3rd, so there could only have been one actual Melee Singles match going that was necessary at that time, let alone later when that match was done and there were still 3 Melee TVs for a while.

But yeah... Shayas post is still stupid :/

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
@Splice/Dekar: Preety sure he's making a reference to the last Vic local he went down to, where there were like 4 setups, the tournament timed out with Pony, Splice, Earl, Tibs, Amaterasu and himself still in and there was no Dean :(

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
?
the only reason doubles didn't finish is because tvs were slow to arrive and there were heaps of people. (50 as apposed to the sydney average of 13)
i gave melee singles priority since there was a pot and generally more interest.
besides, you're crap, you couldn't do well in a melbourne winners bracket anyway

haha yeah no more of that, i doubt there will be hoops at the monthlies venue
I was more referring to the last time I went to melbourne that wasn't Robocop. I didn't even notice that doubles hadn't finished imo. Was more commenting on my terrible luck.

I'd **** anyone in melbourne winners bracket, especially attila.

Top Bottom