• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] BAM6 announced, May 9-11 2014! Congrats to Dekar, SD and Shaya!

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
"You are the salt of the Earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot". Matthew 5:13 and "Salt is good, but if salt has lost its taste, how shall its saltiness be restored". Luke 14:34. The lord asks us, how do we make the salt salty again? If we do not have any salt with taste then it's not good for anything and would be thrown out and trampled underfoot. The lord asks, we must answer.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i think brawl does 2 games in pools because the game takes so much longer
also recently melbourne has been lacking in brawl setups

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
^incorrect.

Miles House was lacking room for brawl setups.

@tinman/hughie: 2 games has been the standard since forever. Gets things going a little faster. Changing it is a possibility, though.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
what? miles house had like ~20 tvs? lack of space/setups was not the problem
lack of brawl discs was

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Just sayin that fundamentally it's more appropriate to do an uneven amount of games in a set.

Edit: And Melbourne doesn't have to be the only state to provide setups :p

Last edited:

Attila_

BRoomer
4 brawl wiis and disc were unused at that tournament, as allocated space was given to melee and PM. this isn't something i'm complaining about, as no brawl party had anything to do with the organization of that tourney, but i will point it out if you're trying to start something.

S.D

Smash Master
There was plenty of unused space and TVs that could have been allocated for Brawl... if there was an issue it should have been raised and addressed at the tournament :/ anyway no use crying over spilt milk, and of all ppl in Aus smash attila prolly top of list to not 'start something' with.

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
There were more Melee setups than Brawl setups at Miles House
If you're running a tournament obviously the more games in a set you can have the better, be it pools or in the actual bracket (The earlier you can start the Bo5's, the better)
If it's apparent that amount of setups or time for your event may be an issue, or if you just want to play it safe from the get go, then do 2 games for pools with starter stages only.
The counterpick format is not too necessary in pools though it would be preferable to use it if possible.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
if there was an issue it should have been raised and addressed at the tournament
this. we're a community, we work together to solve ****.
saying/doing nothing helps nobody

Attila_

BRoomer
I never raised this as an issue because it wasn't one. We ran a good tourney that ran on time.

It only becomes an issue if someone snipes the community for being lazy.

milestaf

Smash Cadet
I had no idea of brawl numbers so I provided what I thought would be the right amount. Gotta tell a newb venue manager like myself what to do if something is lacking.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
This date works really well for me.

If this gets REALLY big, OR, if someone can sponsor most of my ticket (let's say 700 dollars ?), I'll come down again! it's been 3 years since last time I came to australia.

edit - the 700 is if i have companion passes by this point to make my ticket half price. dunno yet. i just care about free travel (and profits for the reason being that my only income is tournaments)

Last edited:

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
OMG It's freakin Jason "Mew2King" Zimmerman. PLEEEEEASE come. I really want to meet you for I am a HUUUUGE fan of yours. I also want to discuss game ideas with you. PLEEEASE come, I BEG you.

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
Okay everyone. We need a donation drive that can get M2K to come to Australia. It's been years since Australia has had an international player. Let's maintain the hype by creating a donation drive.

Splice

Smash Hero
I had no idea of brawl numbers so I provided what I thought would be the right amount. Gotta tell a newb venue manager like myself what to do if something is lacking.
newb venue manager? You pulled off the most impressive tournament since Cao left us.

SurPr15e you don't need M2K to come here to discuss game ideas. If I told you that you could jump out of shield you'd be surpr15ed.
Feel free to sponsor him though.

I will money match you $100 SurPr15e, and if I win I'll give it all to M2K. Deal?

Last edited:

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
newb venue manager? You pulled off the most impressive tournament since Cao left us.

SurPr15e you don't need M2K to come here to discuss game ideas. If I told you that you could jump out of shield you'd be surpr15ed.
Feel free to sponsor him though.

I will money match you $100 SurPr15e, and if I win I'll give it all to M2K. Deal?
Sounds tempting. Give me time and I'll give you an answer soon. Or just let me save up so I can be prepared in case I say yes. By the way, will bank deposit do to pay just in case I say yes?

Last edited:

FinXx

Smash Apprentice
I'd legitimately contribute a fund if it means M2K can attend this!

edit: Speaking of attending, would anyone be able to pick me and two others up from Tullamarine airport if we fly down from Sydney a day before the event?

Last edited:

Attila_

BRoomer
Gonna put it out there that will M2K is a fantastic player of both games, last time he came, no one really learnt a whole lot. He just spent the entire time ****** everybody.

If people are keen on donating to him specifically, go ahead, but i think that your money could be better spent on players who will actively contribute to the scene.

Unless he's changed in some way :D

S.D

Smash Master
Yeah no offense Jason you're an incredible player, but last time we did the donation drive thing I don't think many people benefitted from your presence, apart from maybe yourself.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
(the 700 is for the companion passes. Basically it's half price plane tickets. I'm buying a year's worth from this other guy for like 1500-1800 since i fly so much per year. Otherwise it'd just be a regular ticket price. I'd say there's more than a 50% chance ill have those passes though by then).

Last edited:

Skeletom

Smash Journeyman
dd's got a golden ticket to the ajtn salt factory?
Actually the best thing i've ever heard.

Speaking of attending, would anyone be able to pick me and two others up from Tullamarine airport if we fly down from Sydney a day before the event?
What time do you get in to the airport?

In terms of sponsoring, how about Ice? Consistent player who seems like a nice dude.

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
so as much as theres the no m2k benefit ect people saying, who would benefit aus then?
Mango ofc.
Or we could get Hax down here so Skeletom could inspire him to go back to Falcon

Nothing wrong with M2K for me though.

Last edited:

S.D

Smash Master
If people are looking for a high level player of both games that can give constructive criticism and feedback look no further than current Apex champ Dr Peepee. If people want to get ***** for hours on end with no feedback apart from "you need to 0-death me more" M2K is your dude.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I've seen a lot of Dr Peepee's gameplay and he's really damn good at Melee.

Haven't seen him play Brawl for whatever reason though.

Last edited:

Touko~

Smash Rookie
So Nova (I know it's him, he told me on Facebook) will all expense pay me but block me from Brawl, OR the scene can try and fund me in which case I can play everything, assuming I'm not banned from Brawl because people are.....scared of losing.
People withdrawing or banning players from tournaments because they're "scared of losing" seems strange to me, is this common the Smash community?
In any case, I'm new to the smash scene and can't wait to get to a tournament! Count me in for BAM2014.

Top Bottom