• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] 3 Stock'd ~ Melbourne 2010 ~ Nope

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
heey
are we going to be using that BBR recommended stage list thingy next year?
I assume Conor and Vermdog will continue to run the Brawl side of things?

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Christmas is coming soon ~ =)

Is anyone holding anything for this new years eve? I wanted to actually do something for it this time... lol. My last one was ****tttt. x_x

earla

Smash Lord
hey conor, is melee and brawl still going to be held on the same day? or are things going to change

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I think everything will still be together with couch warriors right?

Apparently we're waiting on getting a new venue I think, since the last one we cant go to anymore. So I guess people should go around and start looking! Unless someone has found one already. lol

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
CW will be conducting an AGM (Annual General Meeting) shortly, so more information will be revealed for 2011 tournaments soon. Also, there's no official word saying we can't return to the Rosina, so let's not make any presumptions unless it's solid fact.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Annual General Meeting to come shortly, everyone is welcome to attend once dates are confirmed.

Loki said:
Hi guys,

Please pass this one to anyone you think I've missed.

I've been intending to get this organised for a while but it's been pretty busy over the holiday break, so hopefully the timing is still good for everyone.
We're coming into 2011 very soon and need to start planning what CW as a group is going to do in the coming year. This calls for our Annual General Meeting and this one has a few major things to discuss.

I'd like to hold this meeting in the next couple of weeks (early January) as I'll be in Russia for 3 weeks from the 27th. So if people could please email me with their availability between the 1st and the 16th, even if it's just a vague idea so I can set a date. I imagine a weekend might be the best option.

I'd love for all of the current committee and long term community veterans to be there if possible, but I'll understand if that's not possible or viable for you.
I'm also specifically hoping that the Shadowloo guys can attend as not only would I like to get them more involved in CW in general, but we still need to actually implement the partnership of Shadowloo and Couch Warriors, especially with our online presence, and now is the perfect time to do that while our forums are dead. I think a merger along the lines of the way Team Spooky and IPlayWinner have joined forces would be fantastic, but I'll leave that discussion to the actual AGM.

We also need to elect a new committee for 2011, and of course anyone is welcome to run for those positions and get involved in whatever way they can.

We need to organise all of our bookings for the new year, the convent as well as our BAM venue.

And this of course will all be affected by the general state of the community in the coming year, with Rame and CAO both moving overseas we have a lot to work out for those communities and even things to work out for the currently arcade centric Street Fighter and Blazblue communities.

There are of course many important things to go through, so with our end of year celebrations over we need to get back into it.
2011 is going to be a big year I can feel it, and it's time to get moving. :)

Please get back to me ASAP and we'll work out a time and location to meet. (Will most likely be in the city)

Cheers,
Loki

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
"hey sure we'll take responsability for those, no worries"

40 mins later

"these tv's arnt our responsability, dont try to blame us for your mistakes"

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Where and when are you leaving for overseas CAO?
April the 23rd! How come? :) Doing something in Adelaide?

---

2011 Season Update.

We had our 2011 AGM last night, some key things to note:

- Jei admitted to the role of CW's lead Smash Contact & tournament organiser for Brawl
- Redact admitted to the role of CW Vice President and tournament organiser for Melee
- I'm stepping down from all CW activities (apart from remaining on the CW committee) until I come back
- 2011 Season is expected to start in February to coincide with the release of MVC3
- The 2011 Season is likely to feature monthly alternating Saturday and Sunday events
- Discussions over Smash's possible integration with Shadowloo events to be decided
- BAM 2011 will once again be held in CQ, with potentially an expanded floor space
- Jei will be likely to run seasonal (x4) events this year outside of regular CW events -- schedules will be made shortly.
- CW will be working towards running an event at Armageddon

This thread will be closed now and Jei and Redact can set up and run with a new ones for Brawl and Melee! Should be an excellent year for Melbourne Smash!

Vermy

Smash Champion
Remember me? Jah. I'm back.

Will be starting this year under a new alias. Fresh start and whatnot.

ENDZEIT.

Top Bottom