• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] 2011 CouchWarriors - 12th Nov - The Hive, Box Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomiie

Smash Apprentice
Are these the actual stages ?

singles with this stagelist

neutral:
rumble falls
75m
flat zone 2
mushroomy kingdom
new pork city

counterpick:
spear pillar
shadow moses island
warioware inc
yoshi's island melee
mario circuit
I hope they're not.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
it was just a suggestion, tomiie

the standard stage list is on the first post of the thread (and will most certainly be used for low tier and teams)
though often castle siege, pictochat, pokemon stadium 2, rainbow cruise and brinstar are banned

Splice

Smash Hero
But don't forget friends, if both players agree, you can play on any stage

And im hoping that IN GOOD SPIRIT
At a jolly low tier tournament of fun and laughs
That surely no-one would object and deny me the right
To play on Norfair, Rainbow Cruise, or perhaps... Mario Bros. Crab Battle Stage?
Surely they would not ;)

PS. Phil you suck this is the worst day for a smash tournament all year you ****head you probably created cancer too wtf right before exams you pig... but i cant resist the smash... Phil you are the antichrist I blame you for everytime i ever vomited in my life why is the tournament on the 12th I DONT CARE IF ITS NOT YOUR FAULT

PPS. Good call Earl

PPPS. Jei I'm helping you TO this shindig right? Should be able to get stuff happening on time, I'm pretty sure I can do Switch Partner teams bracket well and efficiently

PPPPS. h8 u fill

PPPppp

Bowser D.X

Brawl Player
The next tournament is on the 12th of Nov right? Also I have been practicing a bit with Bowser so I might use him.

Kier.F

Smash Apprentice
woot got the day off I'll be coming anyone wanna partner me for teams? Also Dekar coach me a bit on sat please

Skeletom

Smash Journeyman
****ITY **** **** ****.

God damn i so badly wanna come to this. well, i guess i'll see you all at the next shindig whenever that is.

**** *****es for me kier.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
there be plenty of smash goodness over summer
including the next "don't get" in january
or perhaps "harry ponting memorial tournament"

Dekar289

Smash Hero
items stamina teams rules

items on very high
following items turned off: maxim tomato, heart container, starman, cloaking device
following stages are banned: final destination, battlefield, fountain of dreams, pokemon stadium, yoshi's story, dreamland 64, rainbow cruise, kongo jungle 64
sets are best of 7
winners, losers and grand finals are best of 9

open to changes, discuss

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
How about (in Brawl) a FFA with items or a FFA with dumb stages only or something?
That should go nice and quick and ensure enough time for a third event...

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
items stamina teams rules

items on very high
following items turned off: maxim tomato, heart container, starman, cloaking device
following stages are banned: final destination, battlefield, fountain of dreams, pokemon stadium, yoshi's story, dreamland 64, rainbow cruise, kongo jungle 64
sets are best of 7
winners, losers and grand finals are best of 9

open to changes, discuss
Food should be turned off too if you want all of the healing items gone

Splice

Smash Hero
what to do, finish your food (offstage falco) or finish your food (burgers and cake mmyum)?
What an interesting addition to Item Teams Stamina metagame.

Cloaking device is OP but I think it is balanced, for it is only useful in the hands of a master.

Starman and Heart though, thats gay

Doesnt tomato only heal like 50%

I'll be coming to this if I'm not grounded. lololol oops

Dekar289

Smash Hero
what to do, finish your food (offstage falco) or finish your food (burgers and cake mmyum)?
exactly!
plus smarties will love it since they will know which heals more, an ice cream or a chicken leg (idk lol)

Cloaking device is OP but I think it is balanced
wut

Doesnt tomato only heal like 50%
yer... which is borderline, but if 2 or 3 come out of a party ball or a barrel.... erghh

y u grounded? for being short? ur parents are ****s

Splice

Smash Hero
Hope everyones ready to lose to Jigglypuff

Jei Bo5 Jiggs ditto MMs? five dorra

Moar Hype plz

TidusAni

Smash Apprentice
gonna win brawl at metaknight get ready, what time is melee doubles/singles whichever is first gonna be running?

Dekar289

Smash Hero
yeah 3 at the earliest, most likely more around 4
new time for melee teams: rego starts 1:30 tourney starts 2
weew last minute change

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
Melee doubles: item stamina teams 5 entrants
I don't know characters ;~;
1. Splice and Joey (Splice + Toshi)
2. Bottle of JD (Jei + Dekar)
3. Joey and Gay (Joey + Tak)
4. Rapist (RedX + Kier)
5. Cursed ******s (Unlucky XIII + DD)

[collapse=bracket]
[/collapse]

Brawl singles: low tier (newbies can use anyone) 19 entrants
1. Splice :jigglypuff::pt:
2. Dean :bowser2::mario2::ganondorf:
3. Tommy :snake:
4. Danny :gw::metaknight:
5. Jei :yoshi2:
5. Toshi :luigi2:
7. RedX/Dekar ?
7. Joey :pt:
9. T-Rex
9. Ocean
9. Matt G
9. Kier
13. Unlucky XIII
13. Nick
13. Steve
13. Daniel
17. Von
17. Ringworm
17. Crill

[collapse=Bracket]
[/collapse]

Melee singles and Brawl doubles were done on papar so I guess Jei or Dekar have them.

Splice

Smash Hero
The bracket for Melee Swiss was
1. Dekar
2. RedX
3. Earl
4. Splice

I don't know any of the results for the 5 rounds of swiss pools before the bracket though
Cept timic was like the next person to possibly make it to bracket after me but lost the tiebreaker on technicality.

Brawl doubles would be written up as singles results because it was switch partners.
You'd just double it up. I'm sure you could understand why.
Example:

7. Daniel
7. JoeyJoeyJoeJoe
7. Matt-G
7. Timic

Even though Daniel and Joey might have lost the match together, when they were knocked out to be 7th
They had seperate journies through the bracket.

I'd like to do switch partner teams again if we had 20 players or more.
There were not enough entrants and Dekar gayed the bracket.

Anyway, the only actual results I know for the switch partners brawl doubles were:
1. Attila
1. Splice
2. Jei
2. Toshiba

Splice

Smash Hero
DOUBLE POST FOR NEATNESS

Shoutouts with names in Cyan for visibility.

Shoutouts to Matt-G and Daniel
For coming to the tournament with me :) Hope you guys both had a good time and will continue to attend tournaments every now and then. Your sheik is really good btw Matt, bad luck losing to Jei. Continue to improve on Pika and Marth Daniel :p Abandon Lucas you can't make him good, none of us can.

Shoutout to Timic for giving my friends a lift home :) and going into bracket to replace dekar so that switch teams didnt fail completely (just a little bit). I appreciate it heaps

Thankyou to Dwayne for coming and getting lunch with me! Come to Phils meets more plz

Congrats to Dean for placing 2nd in Low Tier, and thankyou very much for the great set. I had good fun, Jiggs and Squirtle are such a pleasure to play, and to play against your Ganon and Bowser is very engaging. Do you like my tactic of switching to Ivysaur as I'm about to die so you kill it instantly and I don't have to play as the Useless One?

Good work beating my Jigglypuff Tommy, I hope to see you at later tournaments. In our second set I was going to advise you on recovery options and getting up from the ledge, but you figured out some ways to get around how I was abusing it before I said anything, which was very good. With a bit of consistant practice and play maybe you'll beat my Game and Watch one day.

Also good games vs Danny, I'd like to teach you some Game and Watch tricks if I get the chance, I'm sorry I was too busy yesterday to get round to playing you again after our tournament set. You'll keep attending tournies, yeah? :)

Thanks to Toshiba for teaming with me in Teams Item Stamina Melee. Sorry I didn't let you use whoever you wanted to play, i feel kinda awful but we won yeah? ;) lolol

Joey, thanks for being there, good laughs, making me feel like a bad person for having conversations at other peoples expense, being a jerk in general... etc.
PT dittoes were pretty fun too yeah?
you didn't take enough pics with the camera btw.

Congrats to RedX for having a better MK than 99% of Australia. You're only just a little worse than Earl.

Congrats to Dekar for winning melee and thanks for deciding to go to a restaurant that had awesome sweet and sour chicken.

AND MEGA SHOUTOUT OF WUBS
TO ATTILA
Good work showing up to the tournament halfway through as always and winning Brawl Doubles with me ;) Thankyou very much for the lift home, and enjoyable tunes and conversation as you did so. Very appreciated :)

Dekar289

Smash Hero
does anyone have that piece of paper with all the melee swiss matches and results listed on it... lol
also left behind mah medal
shoutouts to joey for once again proving he's a great teams player but poo in tournament singles

Splice

Smash Hero
I got yo' medal deks coz im better than you at Teams Item Stamina Melee.
Which is what really counts right?

I'll give it to you at Phils or something, next time i see ya

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
AND MEGA SHOUTOUT OF WUBS
TO ATTILA
Good work showing up to the tournament halfway through as always and winning Brawl Doubles with me ;) Thankyou very much for the lift home, and enjoyable tunes and conversation as you did so. Very appreciated :)
nyaa. i am wubbed.

no problem.

although you still need to link me to some music :D

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
Splice: man Squirtle so broken, this is why letting F tier in the tournament was the worst idea ever :c At least Joey knows what's up and uses Ivysaur, good games otherwise.
Toshi: hope you didn't fail chem
Tommy: you're good bro. hope the tournament scene wasn't too intimidating and you come back some day.
Kier: your Brawl Falcon is legitimately difficult for me. if you stick with the game you could actually become very good. if you don't i'm sure it's no bother to you though lol.
Jei: you bad for not making grand finals with me.
Joey: entertaining friendlies.
Ocean: you're pretty cool.
Earl+RedX: I guess I'm thankful that I won't be having to face that team again in the forseeable future. Earl2good.
Daniel+Timic: GGs.

Tomiie

Smash Apprentice
Tommy: you're good bro. hope the tournament scene wasn't too intimidating and you come back some day.
It wasn't intimidating. I just wasn't in the mood for Brawl lol. I only got three hours of sleep on that day.

I will come back. Hopefully the next tournament isn't too far, Box Hill took a long time to get to.

I had fun playing all of you, I'm really looking forward to play you guys on your mains.

Splice

Smash Hero
Splice: man Squirtle so broken, this is why letting F tier in the tournament was the worst idea ever :c At least Joey knows what's up and uses Ivysaur, good games otherwise.
I never intended to even use PT trainer really.
My Jiggs is so much better, but the Bowser MU for Jiggs is too hard to play

I was once an Ivysaur fanboy

But now I know what's up
Playing as Ivysaur, even, playing as Ivysaur WELL,
Is like taking **** out of the toilet to show everyone.
It might be a good **** but it still is and always will be ****.
Ivysaur sucks.

Squirtle is like the metaknight of low tier. I liked playing charizard the most though.
And Jiggly

Dekar289

Smash Hero
everyone sucks for saying "i thought someone else would bring it" or "i left it at redacts house"
poor form melb scene
i hate box hill, it's cramped

TidusAni

Smash Apprentice
Well that was a mad monthly, i cant be bothered doing indepth shoutouts to people but to everyone i played ggs.

It has also become apparent to everyone (probably just me) that im obviously insanely talented in brawl, it would be an understatement to say im the second coming of atilla jesus and think i might play from now on, obvs having to NOT pick metaknight will put me on the same level as robsta though :(.

I was also alittle confused about me and dekars GF match, i won the 1st set and came from winners but dekar won the 2nd set and came from losers so he won?
just alittle curious as to how that works.

Earl - holy crap man you were killing it, in melee and brawl, mad team skills in brawl and thanks for ****** me in Swiss in melee.

BILLAY - your kinds words on my mk are much appreciated, you must train me in the brawl

Joey - as usual we killing it, why are you so much better in teams? is it cause luigi is used to not having his own games?

Atilla - lmao sorry for letting ya down in brawl, and top job for defending your honour by getting like 58% VS the new guys snake, holding it down son.

Toshi - you gotta play more fox man! despite nearly HORRIFICALLY EMBARRASSING me with your zelda :(

Dekar - i can never tell when your playing serious or just mucking around, so i cant really determine how well i played against you.
good job running the tourney in place of phil though.

Jei - good job beating my shiek in dittos man, its like the one thing i cant wrap my head around, you gotta try and gimp more when you play fox though :)
havnt you seen me play :p?

well there goes shoutouts anyway i like how i changed my mind in the one post

Dekar289

Smash Hero
wait... you defs won winners finals...
then in grand finals didn't i win two sets in a row?
if you won the first set of grand finals then that's it, you win lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom