• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] 2011 CouchWarriors - 12th Nov - The Hive, Box Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
hi. checking in.

i bought my flight back home over the christmas break. confirmed, yewwwww

Toshi

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts:

Splice: Thanks for carrying me in doubles, Billy. You're so good!
Please stop calling me Joey...

Dean: No way. After your excellent recital of the periodic table, how could I fail. You should start implementing this unique ability of yours to our doubles play. Perhaps it can make me carry the team for once.
Good luck for tomorrow and Friday, Dean!

RedX: But Zelda is soooo fun. You should try it sometime instead of that stupid honest Sheik. GGs.

Timic: Good games. I must admit, I got too nervous at the end while you seemed to gain momentum. I guess I was outplayed.

Matt G: Dood, keep it up. Your G&W is sooo legit, going even with my Metaknight. You defintely got potential,

Kier: Dayum, that Falco's scary. Thanks for the friendlies, you're always great fun playing with you.

Jei: Wooo! Second! That's probably the highest I've ever placed for Brawl doubles. You're the best.

Earl: If you got time, lets get some practice soon. Next month will be best for me, yeah?

Tommie: So legit.

Danny: Also legit.

Dekar: Not legit.
Play Marth dammit

Steve: Legit legit.

Unlucky 13: Glad you could make it. Good luck yo.

Good tournament. I guess I'll see you guys next year at "Don't get *" (or possibly earlier, if we have a meet/tournament).

EDIT: Omg, hai Cao!

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
I like how I was sitting in Brawl Doubles Winners Finals with Earl, then Earl had to leave so I was thrust into the losers bracket for a one loss elimination.
Nah I really enjoyed this tournament, I think what brought it over the top was Tom and Ocean showing up. Best ever.

I would do shout outs but I really cbf. Wew.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
Good luck for tomorrow and Friday, Dean!
And Thursday too damnit. Thankfully today's easy-mode.

I think I got the fuel cell thing right but I totally blanked at one of the acid equilibrium things. What does adding HCOONa do to the pH a solution of HCOOH do again? :c

Toshi

Smash Journeyman
And Thursday too damnit. Thankfully today's easy-mode.

I think I got the fuel cell thing right but I totally blanked at one of the acid equilibrium things. What does adding HCOONa do to the pH a solution of HCOOH do again? :c
I think the equation for the equilibrium was HCOOH + H2O -> H3O+ + HCOO-

Adding HCOONa increases the HCOO- ions in the solution. This shifts the equilibrium to the left, making the solution more basic. Thus, the pH increases.
Scratch that, it's probably wrong.

That's what I think anyway.

EDIT: heh, next time I'll PM you.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
Oh right. That does make sense. I tend to forget about... "that guy"'s law sometimes.

Attila doesn't play me coz I'm bad. Or I'm busy watching other people's sets instead of friendlying.

Splice

Smash Hero
@Jei: Switch partner doubles is the kinda event that if someone pulls out... it's total ****.
And like 3 people pulled out so yeah, would be good if there were more people + people who didnt want to enter/couldnt enter just straight up didnt. :/

Toshi are you being sarcastic, "You're so good" sounds a bit over the top. Especially with that exclamation mark too.

Toshi

Smash Journeyman
Oh, now that I read my post, it does seem a bit sarcastic =/

But no, I wasn't being sarcastic. You did carry lol.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Oh right. That does make sense. I tend to forget about... "that guy"'s law sometimes.

Attila doesn't play me coz I'm bad. Or I'm busy watching other people's sets instead of friendlying.
But I want more games with you lol

You're just never around when I'm actually playIng :(

:phone:

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Well I'm just saying why tournaments never finish lol. If people were more strict, then **** would happen. Or if everyone is more organized and plans who brings the equipment a week before hand. (or a couple of days before)

I didnt attend because I had a job meeting anyway.

Life>smash

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
There were plenty of Brawl equipment this time, Melee was lacking.

It's usually the other way around but now there was no Melee it's everyone's fault?

Kier.F

Smash Apprentice
Dave go ebay hunting and find me 4 cubes 4 melee discs and 4 memory cards for under 250 and i'll buy them I have 4 tv's spare + can u hack matts wii to play music during matches for me :O

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Life>smash
you can still make it so that life=smash

i think both vyse and i used smash as a means of demonstrating our coordinating capabilities to get our jobs.

and even though i'm in super career mode atm, i still want to give time for smash. there's some video producer making a documentary for smash with an $8000 budget (from kickstarter) and i'll be interviewed for it ^^

smash can never die :)

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Well I'm just saying that I'd rather go to a once only chance interview for my career than worry about a smash tournament. I still came to tournament even with fulltime work at kfc before my hours were cut. I just dont go now because I'm over smash right now. Might come back to playing, I'm not sure at this point. Probably not though.

If I happen to go though, i'd probably only come for friendlies.

Splice

Smash Hero
tournament actually did finish tho. I had a good time.

Doesnt CW have a pool of tvs to use? How many of the tvs that we had were CW tvs? All of them? lol

Dekar289

Smash Hero
tournament actually did finish tho. I had a good time.
it only barely finished (a couple of minutes before 10pm?), and we had very few entrants. we were very lucky that melee teams only needed 1 setup to run, since it was items stamina which goes very quickly.
we should aim to do better.

Doesnt CW have a pool of tvs to use? How many of the tvs that we had were CW tvs? All of them? lol
thanks to redact, TVs are not an issue.
people need to always bring a console if they can

TidusAni

Smash Apprentice
shall be brining a cube melee from now on.
i might bring a wii but sticky tape it up so that it can only fit GameCube disks too :)

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
i study full time and work three jobs.

and exercise 12 hours a week.

time is never an issue, unless you want it to be.

DD_

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I really enjoyed the swiss bracket for melee, rekcon any more like that will happen in the near future? Also I didn't expect teams to be as hype as it was, good **** :D

The lack of setups benefitted me as I had plenty of time to also play SF4, UMVC3 and VF :D

Also if anyone has a spare console to bring to events, I have a copy of melee and a memory card with all the characters, but no console to play it on :/ Will happily donate them to the community.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
well the tournament on the 12th was the last monthly for the year

there will most likely be a special harry ponting memorial tournament sometime in january, then couch warriors monthlies will resume in february or march

in the meantime, if you're hungry for smash, you are welcome to come along to redact's bi weeklies (every 2 weeks)(right redact..?). check for details in the other thread.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
I think Jezza + friends are Brawlers. If so your best bet is to organize n2c meets (see the n2c thread) if you don't want to wait until January.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom