• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Viability Ratings v2 | Competitive Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
Ganon's B-air is by far the best, just because of that sound effect when it hits. The sheer amount of damage that sound effect does to a person's morale is a legitimate asset.

Also, Ganon's F-air is really good. There are plenty of better F-airs, but it deals a ton of damage and it's big hitbox gives it a lot of utility. Only reason Ganon's don't use it as much really is because Ganon's U-air exists.
Nah man. Brawl Ike's EVERYTHING is the best because of DEM SFX's /offtopic

They also don't use that F-Air because if it doesn't hit, a big punish will happen with 18 frames of landing lag and an auto cancel range that is basically impossible to use.

Trifroze

all is cheese, all is jank
NNID
Trifroze
Before people get too down on whichever aerials of theirs suck, just remember that not all of your character's moves HAVE to be good. Sometimes it's okay for them to be situational or even inferior, because characters are allowed to have weaknesses.
Yeah, even among characters who have good sets of aerials it is pretty much a trend for all of them to have one aerial that's considerably less useful or completely useless in a few cases. Then there's usually one that is technically good but doesn't find use because they have another one that does the job better in most situations.

The only character I can come up with who has amazing aerials without a single mediocre one is Villager. Then there's characters who have great to pretty good aerials in every slot like Luigi, Pikachu, Peach, Samus and Ganondorf.

Illuminose

Smash Ace
Yeah, even among characters who have good sets of aerials it is pretty much a trend for all of them to have one aerial that's considerably less useful or completely useless in a few cases. Then there's usually one that is technically good but doesn't find use because they have another one that does the job better in most situations.

The only character I can come up with who has amazing aerials without a single mediocre one is Villager. Then there's characters who have great to pretty good aerials in every slot like Luigi, Pikachu, Peach, Samus and Ganondorf.
:4fox:definitely applies. His nair is a really good pressure/combo (into kills and other stuff)/pressure breaking tool, dair can combo and be used to pressure, bair is a really good kill option and combo finisher, up air kills and juggles. :4mario::rosalina::4ryu: are also applicable.

Ulevo

Smash Master
So I'm supposed to believe that top players just aren't good enough to beat MK?
And what, the Sheiks that you play are? I don't think you understand how theory works. If your theory repeatedly contradicts the best empirical evidence we have, it's a bad theory.
They are not experienced enough in the match up, yes.

I am not using myself as an example in this case because I do not reflect optimal Meta Knight play anymore than my opponents do optimal Sheik play. But you do not have to be able to emulate proper high level play to understand how a match up will play out in every circumstance, particularly with one such as this with such blatant strenth and weakness differentials.

And no, that is not how theories work. A theory is just a theory, but it is not invalidated or validated until proper emperical evidence has been presented, which has yet to happen. You do not conduct an experiment in a few instances with favorable biases, call it a day, and then make your conclusions. The reality is that neithet of us have the evidence to support a claim, I am just letting you know that since you seem to believe so.

That doesn't address my point.
Mr. R goes over to Mexico after having trained against Tyrant a **** tonne.
Good for Mr. R? I am glad he got to play against someone who whiffs Shuttle Loops four times in a row and uses Dimensional Cape on an opponent with 0% while he is in kill range. I am not trying to trash Tyrant here, I am just being objective. Leo is substantially better than he is, so is Abadango, and even Mr. R.

Leo gets to play against a bunch of Sheiks who aren't close to as good as the top US Sheiks (I'm sure they're good but not on the same level). How is this different?
Because even if said Sheiks are not at the level ZeRo or Mr. R happen to be, they are playing at a high level relative for their character. It is significantly easier to get quality Sheik practice, even if it is not premium quality, than Meta Knight practice because in most regions Meta Knight is not a present tournament threat. The gap between intermediate and high level play, both in quality and quantity for either character, is just not the same.

You claim that Tyrant isn't good MK matchup experience, yet the Sheiks that Leo plays against are good Sheik matchup experience? What's the difference?

That's not what irony means, and MK was broken, it's to be expected he'd still win the matchup.
Sure it does. You provided an example that only suited my argument.

I am done debating over this. We are at a wait and see moment in time right now. You can stick to your "emperical evidence" if it makes you feel better.

Illuminose

Smash Ace
just wanna say that Leo isn't working with some fantastic sheik experience. the best sheiks in mexico are not high level sheiks, they're ok but not really that great. playing against tyrant is definitely better mk practice than the sheik practice Leo gets.

also Ulevo Ulevo please argue like a rational person, you are not even considering what he has to say without backing up your argument and it's really cringeworthy

Last edited:

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
All this bair talk and I'm surprised no one mentioned Falcon's. lol

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Wolf's bair didn't seem that overpowering in Brawl since there was so little risk to attempt to powershield it into something like a jab or grab.

Fortunately, Ike's full hop->fast fall is only a frame or so more than his short hop, so Ike can still autocancel relatively comfortably when using his bair. It's enough to force air dodges and still have enough time to jab, grab, or at least shield, depending on when they air dodged.
Still, a pretty damn good move Wolf has among other good moves he had that weren't over-tuned or even under-tuned. Like, was dash attack his only "bad" move? It's still deee-... I just realized they could have given Falco a frame 8 dash attack that was just his Melee/Brawl dash attack... Same freaking hit frames too! Only difference? Damage: Brawl Up Smash's 10% clean vs. Smash 4's dash attack clean 9% and 9% late vs. 6% late, and having Brawl Up Smash having 5 more total frames... It'd be sweet, though! and it'd be less lazy than, "Hey, let's make dash attack twice as slow as Fox's and his old dash attack that unlike Fox's, because he's slow as hell, wasn't abusive at all." Also, it'd a dumb mixup for Falco to run up and make you guess which flip kick he's going to do... I'm going to go to my sad corner and contemplate all the "what if Falco..." ideas I know...

Also, should probably jot down Falco's air time from the sixriver data... Or maybe, everyone's as well and just list them all... Apparently, not even sixriver has complete air time data...

Still on the topic of back airs, Samus' back air is basically ZSS' back air buffed. Sweetspot is a bit smaller, overall hitbox is better, has same KB values but does 2% more damage (and is an equal amount stronger), more range, has a lingering hitbox, and comes out just 1 frame later. Hits pretty well on rising SH, although because Samus is really floaty SHFF is hardly a thing.

I forgot to mention Ike earlier.
Yeeeep. Forgot to mention that. Hell, both Sammi - heh, sounds like a sandwich - can ledge trump the same because of how similar their Bair hits. Only noticeable difference outside of damage, having a late hit, and being on a character who isn't a fast faller is that her... er... Samus's... frick... PSS's Bair has more landing lag than ZSS's. Y'know, looking at it more, it's more like a souped up Fox Bair with much more range, more damage, a late hit, and slightly better knockback for 3 more frames of landing lag, much worse auto-cancel windows, and I want to say a slightly worse hit angle. Fox can gimp people because of how low hit Bair can launch you, but at the same time, 361 degree angle hits launch pretty horizontally, so that's fine.
Character|Startup|Active|Recovery|Total Frames|Damage|Base|Growth|Hit Angle|Landing|Auto-cancel
:4samus:|9-10|2|23|38|14% or 12%|42 or 30|98|361|18|> 9 or < 42
(Late)|11-14|4|---|---|9%|20|90|---|---|---
:4fox:|9-11|3|36|48|13%|20|88|30|15|> 9 or < 15
:4zss:|8-9|2|28|39|12% or 10%|42|98|361|11|> 4 or < 31

At the same time... We've a thread for best moves. Yes, it is an impressions of a character, but I kind of feel like this is all we're only talking about now.

Last edited:

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Ulevo Ulevo Tier lists change in games without patches as players learn more about the game. Same with matchup ratios. At present, there is no proof that MK loses to Sheik at a high level. And until next time, that's all there is to it.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
I think the best bair may belong to diddy kong. I used to think it was Falco's but I feel as though Diddy kong's out classes it and I don't think DK's bair is far behind diddy's.

G. Stache

Smash Journeyman
I think the best bair may belong to diddy kong. I used to think it was Falco's but I feel as though Diddy kong's out classes it and I don't think DK's bair is far behind diddy's.
Not trying to disprove you or anything, but can you maybe explain as to why you think Diddy's bair is the best? I don't know much about Diddy at all (much less any aerial besides pre patch Uair), but I haven't heard his name come up once during the debate as to who has the best Bair. Just a bit of clarification would be nice.

NachoOfCheese

Smash Ace
NNID
NachoOfCheese
Diddy huh? Interesting...
Why's that? I don't use it often except as a kill move with dtilt-> RAR bair at the ledge

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Everyone's Bair is pretty much good, aside from one or two characters.

But is there any clear-cut "worst" Dash Attack? I can't think of a single DA in this game that's anything worse than situational. Luigi's DA got better hits to them, Bowser and DK got strict DA upgrades, Kirby's and DDD's ravage spotdodges, I can't think of any real "bad" dash attack.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Diddy's bair is a really good move because of it's speed 5 frames total frames 31 and it has pretty high KGB with102, It's probably his safest aerial on shield it has 12 frames of landing lag. It all has good range and can psuedo wall of pain. While his uair was great I believe it polarized the character and lead to the undervaluing of many strong tools of the character which we're seeing now.

KirbySquad101

Smash Ace

But is there any clear-cut "worst" Dash Attack? I can't think of a single DA in this game that's anything worse than situational. Luigi's DA got better hits to them, Bowser and DK got strict DA upgrades, Kirby's and DDD's ravage spotdodges, I can't think of any real "bad" dash attack.
Well... Marth's DA is utter trash lol.

Don't know about any other DAs that would be that bad, though.

ILOVESMASH

Smash Ace
NNID
Marioman123450
3DS FC
3368-1022-7382

Diddy's dash attack is trash. Hits dont link properly and has quite a bit of endlag. Probably his only bad move.

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
Ike's DA used to be basically the worst.

Now it's one of, if not the best killing dash attacks in the game.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero

I've heard people saying Mario had a bad dash attack before.

EDIT: I've also heard Luigi. You miss the hits, and you're gone just like that.

Last edited:

Rashyboy05

Your Average Touhou fan~
3DS FC
4570-8659-2698
Marth/Lucina's Dash Attacks are garbage. I don't know any Dash Attack that are worse than theirs.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Diddy's dash attack is trash. Hits dont link properly and has quite a bit of endlag. Probably his only bad move.
Diddy dash attack CAN link into aerials fairly well though. Upsmash doesnt always work either with all its hits, but its worth trying to hit with and dash attack isnt bad, its outclassed by his other options.

I nominate Megaman for worst dash attack. Doesn't beat anything, doesn't set up for anything, doesn't kill, super unsafe on whiff, block and sometimes hit.

G. Stache

Smash Journeyman
:4robinm::4robinf: have das that are pretty ****. :4link: is pretty booty too.
Can't speak for Robin, but Links DA reminds me of DDD's in that if they read the roll/side step, then it's gg your stock. I'd like to hear what actual link mains have to say for it, though. (preferably one that isn't radical or named Larry)

I've heard people saying Mario had a bad dash attack before.

Nah, I've seen Mario's use it to edge guard recoveries that don't automatically snap to the ledge. I was actually watching a pretty good Mario (GGA.Dan was his name I think) do it fairly consistently during the tourney. Mario's dash attack certainly has its uses.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
:4robinm::4robinf: have das that are pretty ****. :4link: is pretty booty too.
Link's DA doesn't work like a standard DA but more as a kill move. It's like DDD's except slightly faster with a huge arc animation that hits above the platforms on BF but less active frames. IMO for killing DAs Ike>Link>DDD.

What about Mega Man's Bair? That seems good but I don't know much about it. Locke 06 Locke 06

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Turnaround b. Yeah. But that's not going to help you from getting strung/combo'd. You see Ally do this all the time with cape offstage. But on stage, you won't have time to turnaround without getting hit and being forced to face forwards again.
Not at low percents, but at mid high percents you can create the space for it with DI, depending on who you're versing. It's a pretty big deal because it significantly his ability to land and recover.

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
Pikachu and Toon Link have 40 frames of landing lag on their Dairs as well, but unlike Bowser's Bair and like Bowser's Dair, they have a safety net through a landing hit for Pikachu and Bowser's Dairs and a windbox for Toon Link's Dair. The next slowest would be Sonic's Dair at 38, but I don't remember if stall and fall aerials like that differ depending on how close you use it... Someone said and I don't think there was any credibility, that if Sonic used his Dair close to the ground vs. higher in the air, he'd suffer different landing lag. I don't know if any of this is true.

The issue with that kind of landing lag and ignoring auto-cancel windows since people do make mistakes and people just don't know e.g. the mass of other players who just play Smash for ***** and giggles, is that it's very, very stupid when it's on multiple aerials. Bowser has 2 aerials with 40 frames of landing lag and the lowest landing lag? Nair at 20 which used to be at 24 - the same as Fair. From lowest to highest, it's currently Nair at 20, Fair at 24, Uair at 28, and Bair and Dair at 40. That's an average of 30.4 frames of landing lag. Previously, it was an average of 31.2. Why? Oh, right, the freaking outliers of Bair and Dair that clock at almost twice the amount of Nair and Fair and a third slower than Uair. Let's also add in his 6 frame hard landing and figure that Bowser is still screwed if he auto-cancels his aerials. No character in the game has 2 aerials with massive - relative to... everyone - landing lag and no character in the game has a frame 8 jump, but him.

Correction! I'm going to sound like an *** because that's the intent, but everyone, please use the convenient service of the internet and her search engines and please learn to read basic data.

One, ZSS's Bair is frames 8-9 which is 2 active frames while Ganondorf's is frame 10-12, 3 active frames. Two, active frames don't mean **** on moves with late hits, especially if they're significantly weaker or don't last as long as other moves with lingering late hits like Mario, Yoshi, Luigi, Link, and Fox. Late hits are generally going to be weaker for almost... everyone, but Dr. Mario and even then, it's still pretty weak. Do they have utility? Sure, but they're not that good outside of like, Fox's Nair which like with almost everything he has, sets up Up Smashes... Continuing, DK's Bair is frames 7-8 clean and 9-16 late; a total of 10 active frames, but only 2 for the clean hit and 8 for the late hit. Falco's is frame 4-5 clean and 6-11 late; a total of 8 active frames, 2 clean and 6 late. Third one's on kill power... it's a bungle of craziness when you factor in damage, base knockback, knockback growth, position, etc. Major example is Falco's Bair; like Falco's other moves start out really weak and do hilarious amounts of damage at low percents, but end up doing a lot of knockback and damage at higher percents. Bair being the most notable as its laughable knockback at low percents is coupled with ludicrous damage which then ends up killing people at ~80% at the ledge or ~100% center-stage. Now, let's add some more numbers.

Character|Startup|Active|Recovery|Total Frames|Damage|Base|Growth|Hit Angle|Landing|Auto-cancel
:4dk:|7-8|2|14|31|13%|97|20|361|18|> 7 or < 31
(Late)|9-16|8|---|---|8%|100|10|---|---|---
:4drmario:|6-8|3|19|33|13.44%|10|95|---|16|> 6 or < 19
(Late)|9-13|5|---|---|7.84%|7|90|---|---|---
:4falco:|4-5|2|25|37|13%|0|130|---|15|> 4 or < 15
(Late)|6-11|6|---|---|7%|30|100|---|---|---
:4myfriends:|7-9|3|44|54|14%|30|100|---|19|> 3 or < 35
:4ganondorf:|10-12|3|23|35|17% or 16%|40|89|---|20|> 7 or < 22
:4zss:|8-9|2|28|39|12% or 10%|42|98|---|11|> 4 or < 31
:wolf:|6-9|3|20|29|13%, 11%, 10%, or 9%|20 or 0|96 or 100|---|9|> 5 or < 19

Fun numbers, huh? Let's give a rundown, of the characters who have the highest air speeds and ignoring Wolf since he's not in the game, it's ZSS, DK, Ike, Dr. Mario, Falco, and Ganondorf in that order. In terms of spam-ability through low total frames, it's DK, Dr. Mario, Ganondorf, Falco, ZSS, and Ike, but in terms of low recovery, it's DK, Dr. Mario, Ganondorf, Falco, ZSS, and Ike. In terms of raw damage, it's Ganondorf, Ike, Dr. Mario, DK, Falco, and ZSS. In terms of knockback... eh, this gets muddy. Overall knockback would be like... all a guess, DK or Ganondorf, Ike, ZSS?, Dr. Mario, and then Falco. Split between base and growth, it's DK, ZSS, Ganondorf, Ike, Dr. Mario, and Falco for base and Falco, Ike, ZSS, Dr. Mario, Ganondorf, and DK for growth. I could go on, but what does this all really mean? Nothing really in practice. In theory? You could do a ton of stuff like I just did: who wins in raw damage, low landing lag, etc.

In practice? It's, in my opinion, (Wolf,) DK, Dr. Mario, and ZSS on one side and Ike, Ganondorf, and Falco on the other. Utility-wise, DK and Dr. Mario win hands down out of these 6 (excluding Wolf) followed by ZSS. That's what really matters: flexibility and utility. The ability to use them in combos, approaches, punishes, kills, and even setups is what makes DK, Dr. Mario, and ZSS's so damn good. Can the other 3 do the same thing? Yes, but Ike's having that much recovery means unless you know you're going to hit in the air, you're rarely going to use it that high up, Ganondorf's low mobility prevents him from abusing his already good Bair even more, and Falco's Bair is deliberately crippled by short range - it's the shortest out of the 6 and I think even shorter than Fox's despite Fox being shorter since with Down Smash and Bair, Fox's legs grow and stretch like Mario's jab - and very low base knockback to prevent it from being broken, so while it can be used to punish, combo, setup, can chain into itself at low percents, and wins in a power/speed ratio by a landslide, it has to be held back or else we'll end up with a Bair that makes Wolf, DK, Dr. Mario, Captain Falcon, or whoever else's Bair look like absolute ****.

Falco's late hit is almost negligible and is pretty much a leftover of his Melee and Brawl Bair (and Fox's Melee Bair) that was frames 4-7 clean and 8-19; a total of 16 active frames, 4 clean and 12 late. Here's the thing, the clean hit only does 10% and the late hit does 7% vs. Smash 4's 13% and 7%. According to SSBwiki since I don't know a source that says this, the growth was upped by 27 to 130 from Brawl's 103. It lost its defensive capabilities for much higher offense and in a way, what Zelda's Bair and Fair should have been if we wanted Zelda to be a monster. The only thing it kept outside of startup frame, is its total frames of 37, landing of 15, and auto-cancel window before frame 4 with the after being reduced from after 23 to after 15.

Ignoring Aura, Lucario's Bair is 11 frames slower than Ike's, does 1% more than Ike, has 4 more landing frames, and auto-cancels 5 frames later than Ike's. The reason why I nominated it is that it's just slow and while Lucario's Aura magnifies his moves immensely, it's still kind of crappy how it was tuned like that. I'd be okay if it was frame 11 instead of 16. I mean, why not? People already hate him (and everyone in the game), so why not spread the hate? :p

Link's Bair is probably his safest aerial to just throw out and mess with people outside of er... Nair and Zair? Its value is just pure speed, safety, and utility on a slow-moving and average to slow-hitting character. Basically, options which unlike Zelda, Link and pretty much everyone has when they use their aerials. I see it as a hitbox for the sake of a hitbox and in a way, kind of like how Dr. Mario and Wolf use their Bairs. A fast, safe, "hitbox out" option kind of like ROB and Charizard using their Nairs or Mario using Dair. Those moves don't kill, but they are good coverage options.

Edit: I forgot to tag a Link player like @Fox Is Openly Deceptive or... Rizen Rizen ? ... Damn. Oh well.
No your right on the money with Link's B-air. You're able to DJ out of it even if hit on shield. Its a quick attack that can be used to shield poke. I use it all the time. In some cases it can combo into itself into up-b as well which are always very satisfying. You can even throw it out offstage to stage spike a low recovery. I think it's a very important piece of Link's kit.

Last edited:

Ulevo

Smash Master
just wanna say that Leo isn't working with some fantastic sheik experience. the best sheiks in mexico are not high level sheiks, they're ok but not really that great. playing against tyrant is definitely better mk practice than the sheik practice Leo gets.

also Ulevo Ulevo please argue like a rational person, you are not even considering what he has to say without backing up your argument and it's really cringeworthy
What exactly do I have to argue here? The general consensus amongst most Meta Knight mains, including high level ones, is that Sheik wins this match up. And yet my primary argument isn't necessarily that she does, but that:

Let the johns for Vinnie by MK mains begin. (I'm sympathetic of Vinnie's circumstances btw, but we can't keep making excuses for Sheik players when they lose this matchup)

I'm adamant that this matchup is even at top level.
not only goes against the general consensus, but that it lacks proper foundational evidence.

From where I am standing I don't really need to argue much.

Sir Tundra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Righteous
3DS FC
2938-7133-5824
In terms of worst Dash attacks I'd defintly would say Marth and lucina imo. As of the best dash attack that honor goes to none other then :4metaknight: because any dash attack that's that quick and can lead up to kill confirms is the best dash attack in my book.

Last edited:

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
Kirby's dash attack is the worst. Ravaging spotdodges doesn't matter when if you shield it you will take a fully charged smash punish. Nothing combos into it and it doesn't kill until late 100s. Also, the last hit sometimes doesn't hit. Literally I only use this move by accident.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I play both characters and DK's bair is way better than Diddy's. DK's bair is the reason why he's so good at gimping and Diddy isn't. Diddy has a strong enough horizontal recovery to abuse good aerials in gimps, but he can't because his aerials aren't good enough.

DK's bair only comes out two frames slower, the FAF is only one frame slower, but does 13% as opposed to 9, kills earlier and has way more range (it has a huge disjoint).

It has way more utility than Diddy's. He can do two in a shorthop and it combos out of cargo uthrow for a large percent window. It often sets up nicely for a second bair. This isn't confirmed yet but it may be possible to do throw-sour bair-sweet bair, but I need to lab it.

It's ridiculously good at gimping because of the speed, power and massive disjoint. Off-stage it beats nearly everything except counters, which are risky to begin with. Depending on the character, properly spaced bairs can frame trap air dodges into a second bair, upb (needs to be labbed but it has an early sweet spot than can kill offstage at higher percents, but can also do around 30% if you take the full duration). It also has the potential to frame trap them into footstools but this needs to be labbed more. The fact that DK has such a long horizontal recovery means you can go super far off-stage for bair gimps.

Diddy's bair is good but if he had DK's bair he'd easily be like top 3 because suddenly he'd have massive damage on his mid-percent grab combos and he'd be able to safely gimp most of the cast.

zblaqk

Smash Apprentice
Kirby's dash attack is the worst. Ravaging spotdodges doesn't matter when if you shield it you will take a fully charged smash punish. Nothing combos into it and it doesn't kill until late 100s. Also, the last hit sometimes doesn't hit. Literally I only use this move by accident.
I use it for tech chasing at lower percentages, that's the only use for me.

KirbySquad101

Smash Ace
I do agree that it's not a very good, but but I can't see it as the worst when Marth/Lucina's still exist. They are some of the worst moves in the game, period.

Nobie

Smash Champion
NNID
SDShamshel
3DS FC
2809-8958-8223
Most dash attacks lose to shield. The only ones that don't are things like Pac-Man's low recovery waka waka.

Robin I never thought of as having a bad dash attack. If anything, that bronze sword to the gut ganking action is one of my favorite things about that character.

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Most dash attacks lose to shield. The only ones that don't are things like Pac-Man's low recovery waka waka.

Robin I never thought of as having a bad dash attack. If anything, that bronze sword to the gut ganking action is one of my favorite things about that character.
It definitely isn't a bronze sword lol.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Pika Bair is honorable mention, around 5th-7th in the game behind all the obscenely strong ones imo. If you catch them offstage with it, as we've seen in ESAM vs top players, it's death. If we're assuming optimal play and always teching, it's a true 50/50 involving fast falling at the end. Combine that with the fact that it can be combo'd into/out of, even offstage, and you have a damn good move.

Rikkhan

Smash Apprentice
The thing about considering the worst bairs/dash is that you can't look at the move in vacuum, you have to look to the character and see if this move has actually a use, a character could have a pretty decent bair but if it's outclassed by all the other options or if it's very strong but it's very impractical to use then it's a bad bair. Lucario bair is very important in his kit, this move alone spreads so much salt so I can't see it being one of the worst.

There is a lot of characters that has very few usages for his bairs, to list shaya

"characters who don't have solid reliable uses for their back air in their game play" (that are more meaningful than other moves used in the same situation)

:4bowser::4charizard::4greninja::4jigglypuff::4littlemac::4lucas::4mewtwo::4miisword::4ness::4rob::4feroy::4tlink::4zelda::4yoshi:
Dash attacks would be the same, on top of my head would be:

:4kirby::4lucina::4marth::4megaman::4robinm::4diddy::4bowserjr::4olimar::4mario::4zss::4link::4drmario::4jigglypuff:

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
The only really notable thing Greninja's B-Air can do is set-up a jab lock at percents that D-Air can't. But the only really consistent way we have of doing it is Grounded Footstool -> Meteor D-Air -> Footstool -> B-Air Jab Lock -> Finisher. It certainly works well if we get the first footstool.

It's a situational at best thing but hey it's something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom