• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Viability Ratings v2 | Competitive Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Since I guess its slightly relevant... New update coming out:
Diddy grab glitch is going to get fixed.

That was certainly quick.

Also as a heads up, the 3DS update is 262MB, while the Wii U one is 60MB. Makes no sense I know, but lol Sakurai and friends.

Last edited:

Ghostbone

Smash Master
I will never for the life understand how you guys find it in you to say that Luigi deserved any kind of nerf when Ness can KO as early as Luigi does with his backthrow. Or how ZSS gets her insane combos out of down throw to kill you at like 60%. Rosalina killing you with an uair at 50% and having a lagless autocancel-able dair that is as strong as Falcon's Knee.
Both of these characters invalidates the middle and lower part of the cast WAY harder than Luigi ever did.
If you considered pre patch Luigi's D-throw more of an issue than all of these things mentioned up you need to rethink that logic of yours.

Re: MK's dashattack

Ghostbone Ghostbone it is not at all overpowered and it does not require any kind of fixing or nerfs whatsoever. Please stop spreading misinformations that could lead people to thinking so. A character with **** for approaches is very justifiable to have a good dash attack at the very least. Nothing is overpowered about it. Refer to the upper half of my post for actual bull**** moves that need to be nerfed.
You didn't really understand what anyone has been saying.

Nobody thinks luigi was overpowered, just that his design and playstyle was incredibly simplistic, and he got too much reward off of it. The dev team has a habit of nerfing characters with overly simplistic playstyles (Diddy hoo hah, Falcon back air spam once you're at kill %, Luigi focusing solely on fireballs, fair and grabs)

I don't think MK is overpowered, but the dev team probably won't like the direction people have taken the character since he plays a very simple neutral game with ridiculous punishes.

Steelballray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ray-run
3DS FC
1263-8867-0397

Nobody thinks luigi was overpowered, just that his design and playstyle was incredibly simplistic, and he got too much reward off of it. The dev team has a habit of nerfing characters with overly simplistic playstyles (Diddy hoo hah, Falcon back air spam once you're at kill %, Luigi focusing solely on fireballs, fair and grabs)

I don't think MK is overpowered, but the dev team probably won't like the direction people have taken the character since he plays a very simple neutral game with ridiculous punishes.
And Rosalina upthrowing and uairing you for kills isnt overly simplistic? ZSS fishing for a grab using nairs, down smashes and neutral B to kill you almost the same way Luigi did is now complicated and requires much skill? It just LOOKED more fancy if anything. And at least she had actual several good ways to fish for the grab rather than just throw a fireball and pray that youre stupid enough to get grabbed afterwards.
No character in this game is actually complicated and most if not all of them have a very direct one type of approach/playstyle in most matchups. Luigi's only fault is that he didn't look as fancy as some others like ZSS, Rosalina and Ness did. This isn't Blaze Blue. Smash is a very simple game.

Thanks for clarifying, and I would like to ask you to stop using the word overpowered if possible, if that is what you really mean. I'm sure you know as well as I do that people LOVE jumping the wagon of "???? Is OP please nerf" whenever they can.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Can we talk about Sheik's kill power? Yes, she has 50/50s, Bouncing Fish works well, etc. But I'm starting to see Sheiks struggle to kill a lot more as time goes on. It's getting painfully obvious that her kill power, while not enough to remove her from the top, is more of a weakness than previously believed.

Am I crazy, or does anyone else see it?
Oh definitely. I think we're reaching a stage of meta development where Sheik's progression is going to peter out relative to the rest of the cast, while the other begin to catch up with her.

Even so, ZeRo doesn't show any signs of dropping momentum - and with him at the helm, I foresee Sheik's dominance continuing well into the immediate future.

But she isn't a deity. Inertia will catch up to her eventually, whether it's aided and abetted by the patch cycle, human fatigue, disinterest or other characters just sprinting into the distance to be on even footing with the Sheika shinobi.

It's going to be interesting where we go from here. What a time to be alive~

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
So now that we're likely looking at a new, different metagame coming up, here's what a results-based tier list of pre 1.1.1 would probably look like at the top:

S:
Sheik > ZSS | Won a multitude of major tournaments with additional top placings by various players in various regions
Rosalina | Has a multitude of top placings at major tournaments by various players in various regions

A:
(Sonic, Diddy, Fox, Ryu, Ness) | Have a fair number of good placings at major tournaments in various regions by various players
(Pikachu, Villager, Mario, Pit) | Outstanding results at major tournaments, contributed by individual "outliers"

B:
(Ike, Pac-Man, Wario, MK, Greninja, Falcon) | Occasional splashes and/or great results on a local level

Oddball:
Luigi | Great results on local level, generally one of the best secondary characters buto solo-results at majors whatsoever.

:059:

Last edited:

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Aside from Mario deserving to reside in the upper A tier (mostly based off of TBH5 lol), that list looks good.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
But Mario is so ... not high-tier :/

Just watch how much Ally struggles to close down stocks against Zero ... and Komorikiri ... and 9B ... and watch how Mario gets exposed by Luigi and Rosalina. Why does nobody else see it ughghgh ...

[But I hear what you're saying, we're going by results after all and tbh5 was huge but not actually *that* stacked but you didn't hear me say that!]

NachoOfCheese

Smash Ace
NNID
NachoOfCheese
Is Olimar not as much as a threat as originally percieved anymore? It seems as though he just... Vanished (pun intended). I'm not well-versed in Olimar so why is this?

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Is Olimar not as much as a threat as originally percieved anymore? It seems as though he just... Vanished (pun intended). I'm not well-versed in Olimar so why is this?
Olimar has disgustingly disadvantaged matchups against certain high-tier characters (i.e. anybody that's fast and can put the pressure on), so in a meta dominated by that kind of character, his use is niche at best.

Then there's the fact that Olimar thrives on matchup inexperience. That's not to say he relies on it, but if you don't know how to fight Olimar, he's very tricky. Once you figure out he plays, there's only so much he can do to beat you.

That's my experience, at any rate. He's a respectable character, but he can't withstand pressure or his defenses being compromised.

Trifroze

all is cheese, all is jank
NNID
Trifroze
I will never for the life understand how you guys find it in you to say that Luigi deserved any kind of nerf when Ness can KO as early as Luigi does with his backthrow. Or how ZSS gets her insane combos out of down throw to kill you at like 60%.
It doesn't work that way. Ness' dash grab doesn't go as far as Luigi's and all Ness' grab variations are 6-7 frames more punishable, also his low % grab follow ups are nothing compared to what Luigi got out of his down throw. Their neutrals are also vastly different because Luigi has a good projectile and Ness doesn't. Ness' back throw is a really good move but he can't win the game by only going for that from 0 to 100%, and even at 100%+ he's less likely to even connect with a grab than Luigi is.

If you want to go to ZSS, we're talking of a grab that comes out almost 3 times as slow as Luigi's, and one that isn't 6-7 frames more punishable but instead 40. Setting up a grab safely with paralyzer or dsmash most of the time will realistically almost never work because your opponent can react to both, and if you do connect with a dsmash, nair or uairs are a better option out of it because their likelyhood of success/reward ratio is much better. Zair to grab works on some fastfallers who can't jump inbetween. Regardless, even once you do get a grab the DI read is roughly a 50:50, you'll either read it right and get a shot at the bnb or you read it wrong and have to go for uair to bair and by then you've missed your chance on that particular stock (although if you read a towards DI and the opponent DIs away you can't follow up with anything). Lastly, even if you do read the DI correctly, some characters pop out of up b more than half the time while some (fat characters) get trapped no matter how badly you connect with it.

The percent range in which you are guaranteed to connect both uairs as well as up b properly is extremely narrow, and it's a low enough % that if your opponent DIs the last hit of up b correctly they won't die unless they're very close to the ledge (in which case they can DI towards you after dthrow to avoid being put too close to the ledge in the end). The only way it'll kill is with bad DI, very low ceiling/platform shenanigans and rage. In the last case it can kill your opponent with the initial hits if they're light enough, but in rage scenarios connecting the first uair after dthrow becomes very precise and will often be escapeable.

ZSS' bnb is a really good option in some matchups but almost not an option at all in some others, moreso a luxury that you'll sometimes get (followed by "BALANCE" shouts in twitch chat). It's not something worth fishing for especially with ZSS' punishable and slow grab unless you're playing versus ROB/DK/Ganondorf/Bowser/Dedede etc. Its kill potential is also vastly overrated due to cases of bad DI, and it isn't a guaranteed combo against anyone to begin with because you can mix your DI enough to throw ZSS off.

Everyone who says ZSS' dthrow -> uair (-> uair) -> up b combo is overpowered: I challenge you to keep a memo open every time you watch a ZSS play on stream or at a local tournament versus any other character than the big ones I mentioned. Keep a count of how many times ZSS gets a grab at mid percents (30-60%) and how many times it results in an up b kill. Two numbers side by side. I'll guarantee you it'll end up looking nothing better than 5:1.

bc1910

Smash Lord
NNID
bc1910
3DS FC
1478-6611-0182
Re Olimar this is the first time in the game's life I've actually felt like him having less Pikmin makes a significant difference but... I think it does. In a metagame filled with fast characters, it gives him less freedom to zone because he can very easily end up throwing away all 3 at once and leave himself defenceless up close. It makes zone breaking a serious weakness for him. Ironically I think this was less of an issue for him during the Diddy days because Diddy is really just under that mobility threshold of ZSS, Fox, Greninja and the like, where he could zone break Olimar more consistently and easily. Don't know if that makes sense to anyone?

Plus there are other advantages Olimar had against Diddy as shown by Dabuz, but he doesn't display the same strengths vs the game's current top 3; I would say he loses solidly to Sheik and Rosalina, and would assume he loses to ZSS but I don't know enough to say.

But Mario is so ... not high-tier :/

Just watch how much Ally struggles to close down stocks against Zero ... and Komorikiri ... and 9B ... and watch how Mario gets exposed by Luigi and Rosalina. Why does nobody else see it ughghgh ...

[But I hear what you're saying, we're going by results after all and tbh5 was huge but not actually *that* stacked but you didn't hear me say that!]

I do actually see it as well. Although Anti's performance vs Zero was thoroughly impressive and restored a lot of my faith in the character.

Agreeing that your list is very good although I think Pit is a bit high, but I'm admittedly not too familiar with Earth's results.

Do you think Lucario could take a spot in B tier? From what I know, he has sporadic good performances at a regional level with certain players doing really well. I know he hasn't done much worldwide though.

Last edited:

Nobie

Smash Champion
NNID
SDShamshel
3DS FC
2809-8958-8223
One important thing to remember is that Luigi's nerfs came alongside the shield patch. How good would Luigi have been with the new shield stun if down throw remained the same? It's worth thinking about.

Yikarur

Smash Master
no Yoshi in Ghebs list. rip

I think Mario has definitely Top10 potential. He's so solid overall.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology

We definitely do have a simple neutral game. Which means we have a rather large weakness because of that. This is somewhat alleviated with proficiency in a advanced movement options but either way when it comes down to it: we have like 3 approaches. You beat us by juggling us (lightweight AND fast faller) and beating us in neutral over and over. Our biggest strength is as you state: our silly punish game.

But we have all these people saying we're so simple and OP (not directed at you, just saying). Sm4sh kids are so spoiled compared to previous games. And they don't seem to actually understand what OP is. The concept behind MK is pretty straight forward; the execution is not. Dash Attack and Up Air both have 3 different hitboxes with 3 different trajectories on them. When you take into consideration that, percents, Rage, character's fall speed, frame size, weight and DI, there is a lot of different factors that go into a "death combo". But we're "braindead and busted like Luigi". Luigi wasn't even that bad; you just time his ass out. I will never understand this new wave of players. Go play against ST Akuma and use the term "OP" in Smash again.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
I feel like people fail to understand that TRUE KILL COMBOS turn into CONSISTENT FRAME TRAPS around the percentages they're true.

I don't think MK is an issue, he's somewhat linear but unlike pre-patch luigi there's tipping points, reads, and more overall useage of his kit.

But the MK defense force going "But the percents for the true combo are SO strict!" is ridiculous. No other character has kill set-ups like that off a super safe dash attack and they're wayyy more consistent and potent than you're trying to lead on too. If they're at the slightly wrong percent, MK is still just a read away from taking your stock at 60%

I will never for the life understand how you guys find it in you to say that Luigi deserved any kind of nerf when Ness can KO as early as Luigi does with his backthrow.
Stopped reading here.

Fundamentally, luigi had Ness's ledge bthrow FOR ANY GRAB. Didn't matter where he was on the stage or where he was facing. (And a much better dash grab/grab range and safer grab set-ups long with wayyyy more damage output off grabs)

Last edited:

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
I don't think Meta Knight is overpowered at all, he has a great aerial game with a good combo game but he has a problem getting to the position to land the combos because he lacks the reach zoning tool to truly get in because he has no projectiles, reach, or particularly great zoning tools. I honestly think Meta Knight is fine the way he is, except MAYBE put some kind of change that makes it so u-air isn't able to kill characters like WFT and Ike at like 20% (I guess that would involve adjusting how much the weight affects Meta Knights u-air??? I have no clue) but even then, the percentage in which Meta Knight can just decimate those characters is quite small, and well...he also has to get in in-order to pull off the combo.

If Meta Knight could truly kill so soon and not have issues approaching, he would be used WAY more.

Last edited:

ZTD | TECHnology

I feel like people fail to understand that TRUE KILL COMBOS turn into CONSISTENT FRAME TRAPS around the percentages they're true.

I don't think MK is an issue, he's somewhat linear but unlike pre-patch luigi there's tipping points, reads, and more overall useage of his kit.

But the MK defense force going "But the percents for the true combo are SO strict!" is ridiculous. No other character has kill set-ups like that off a super safe dash attack and they're wayyy more consistent and potent than you're trying to lead on too. If they're at the slightly wrong percent, MK is still just a read away from taking your stock at 60%

You make it sound so easy. I guess that's why there's all these Meta Knights dominating regionals and nationals.

Oh wait.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Do you think Lucario could take a spot in B tier? From what I know, he has sporadic good performances at a regional level with certain players doing really well. I know he hasn't done much worldwide though.
I don't think Lucario is anywhere near B-Tier neither through theory nor through results.

no Yoshi in Ghebs list. rip
Uh, you know what "results-based" means though, right?

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
You make it sound so easy. I guess that's why there's all these Meta Knights dominating regionals and nationals.

Oh wait.
I didn't make it sound easy at all, I made it sound potent. Which is why i mentioned the "tipping points, reads, and more overall useage of his kit"

But if you want to defend MK, don't bring up how strict the percents for the true combos are because they ARE STILL 50/50s and thus very reliable kill confirms around those VERY LOW percents. All off of a very safe dash attack. You need to justify that kind of strength not downplay it.

teddystalin

Smash Apprentice

Oh wait.
Just because someone compared you to Luigi doesn't mean you need to start using the same lines as the Luigi mains.

Last edited:

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Two things:

I can't personally justify saying that Mario isn't high tier, and that's based on both theory and results. He needs a read for a kill, but he can definitely do it with his tools.

Second... MK isn't overpowered. But he definitely looks fairly linear. I wouldn't nerf him or anything... Just saying what it looks like.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Can we talk about Sheik's kill power? Yes, she has 50/50s, Bouncing Fish works well, etc. But I'm starting to see Sheiks struggle to kill a lot more as time goes on. It's getting painfully obvious that her kill power, while not enough to remove her from the top, is more of a weakness than previously believed.

Am I crazy, or does anyone else see it?
I dunno... I think her lack of kill power is offset by how fast she can wrack up damage and how many safe kill options she has. It does take her awhile to kill people on average but she's fantastic at putting pressure on and her consistently getting 30-60% in a string of attacks is not the least bit unusual. Even if it takes time, Sheik tends to have the advantage because she can constantly be on you until you or her die.

ZTD | TECHnology

I didn't make it sound easy at all, I made it sound potent. Which is why i mentioned the "tipping points, reads, and more overall useage of his kit"

But if you want to defend MK, don't bring up how strict the percents for the true combos are because they ARE STILL 50/50s and thus very reliable kill confirms around those VERY LOW percents. All off of a very safe dash attack. You need to justify that kind of strength not downplay it.
These aren't even guaranteed kill setups to begin with, people just lack the knowledge to know what to in the situations they are being juggled.

Just because someone compared you to Luigi, it doesn't mean you need to start using the same lines as the Luigi mains.
A stupid statement deserves an equally stupid response. :smash:

I remember why I don't post here now :yeahboi:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
I still think it's hilarious that Peach has no reps that actually travel but still has much better results than the large majority of the cast.

But, you know, she's all theorycraft, right?

On a more related note, MK's combos ain't free. It's mostly that the character is really uncommon so one really knows the counterplay.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Two things:

I can't personally justify saying that Mario isn't high tier, and that's based on both theory and results. He needs a read for a kill, but he can definitely do it with his tools.
"Reads"? Because mario does have kill confirms off grab though somewhat situational.

Mario is without a doubt at least "high tier" and I'm not sure how he can't be considered as such off results. 3 Marios in top 16 of TBH5 and consistent placings by ally/zenyou across the board.

These aren't even guaranteed kill setups to begin with, people just lack the knowledge to know what to in the situations they are being juggled.
What do you mean by "guaranteed"?
Are you denying he has 50/50s off dash attack around the percents the true combos work?

I still think it's hilarious that Peach has no reps that actually travel but still has much better results than the large majority of the cast.

But, you know, she's all theorycraft, right?
Slayerz placed about as well as he did for brawl and Llod similarly for PM Peach (who was considered low-mid tier for 3.02)

If she was significantly better than she was in those games than they should be placing better, not about the same.

Last edited:

TheBlackLuffy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBlackLuffy
Switch FC
8040 1413 9929
Peach, Wii Fit Trainer and Megaman are all characters I think need to get more praise for their load out.

TheBlackLuffy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBlackLuffy
Switch FC
8040 1413 9929
Two things:

B-Throw kills at 120-130% at the edge of the stage..

Dsmash killed at around the same damage but no where near as close..

Up B needs a read..

Fsmash also does.

But saying he isn't high tier because he needs reads to kill and flat out stupid.

I guess Sheik is bottom tier. /s

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
B-Throw kills at 120-130% at the edge of the stage..

Dsmash killed at around the same damage but no where near as close..

Up B needs a read..

Fsmash also does.

But saying he isn't high tier because he needs reads to kill and flat out stupid.

I guess Sheik is bottom tier. /s
Sheik doesn't need a read. Soft hit of nair true combos into bouncing fish and it's really consistent at getting ledge get-ups (and kills better that way)

Also her reads off dhrow are pretty damned consistent.

I wouldn't even call them reads since they're just BnB 50/50s a lot of the time.

Of course, while mario "needs a read" he damn sure can try for them. Fairly safe smashes, good kill potential with platform extended combos, great gimping/ledgeplay in general.

And as you stated, bthrow is a great "Well i failed the reads but I did enough damage trying" failsafe.

IMO Mario is top tier but only with proper stage selection. His kill confirms are much less reliable on FD/Smashville imo. (Though some chars you don't want to give platforms so you can catch with usmash. Floaties generally. And fast fallers you often want to avoid BF if they're good there too as ledge trump > bair kills sooo late there)

@ Ally's Mario: His mario is very read based and he actually isn't as capable at killing as Anti/Zenyou who actually had much less trouble taking ZeRo's stocks when they played.

I think it comes down to Ally's controls, he uses smash cstick + R jump to enable easy pivot usmashes but it's clear he isn't capable of buffered SH uairs and consistently fails to follow DI properly with dair. Which are both crucial kill set-ups.

Last edited:

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Slayerz placed about as well as he did for brawl and Llod similarly for PM Peach (who was considered low-mid tier for 3.02)

If she was significantly better than she was in those games than they should be placing better, not about the same.
Alternatively, Peach was actually good in those games.

Last edited:

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
For those of you that care, Tourney Locator updated their page with a bunch of Pools sets. I'll post again if I see any noteworthy match (or if you guys suggest one).

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
She's not actually that much better in this game than Brawl. The cast around her just got less powerful or has traits she prefers. She secretly goes even or slightly better/worse with most of the relevant characters (altho apparently she isnt good in this game, lol). Shields being weaker also matters quite a bit.

Last edited:

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
And Rosalina upthrowing and uairing you for kills isnt overly simplistic? ZSS fishing for a grab using nairs, down smashes and neutral B to kill you almost the same way Luigi did is now complicated and requires much skill? It just LOOKED more fancy if anything. And at least she had actual several good ways to fish for the grab rather than just throw a fireball and pray that youre stupid enough to get grabbed afterwards.
No character in this game is actually complicated and most if not all of them have a very direct one type of approach/playstyle in most matchups. Luigi's only fault is that he didn't look as fancy as some others like ZSS, Rosalina and Ness did. This isn't Blaze Blue. Smash is a very simple game.

Thanks for clarifying, and I would like to ask you to stop using the word overpowered if possible, if that is what you really mean. I'm sure you know as well as I do that people LOVE jumping the wagon of "???? Is OP please nerf" whenever they can.
why is zero suit fishing for grabs that can potentially get her killed in the first place? Its not about fancy is about frame data and that allowed Luigi to be able to do what he did. A lot of characters have different ways of mixing it up. They aren't one dimensional.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Dunno about PM but Peach certainly wasn't a good character in Brawl.

I mean she had an awful MK matchup (and probably marth matchup too, invincible up-b's OoS screwed her) but assuming you dodged those I think she does fine against every other top tier. There was some japanese Peach late in Brawl's life going even with the top japanese Snakes iirc, plus having the 2nd or 3rd best ICs matchup has to count for something.

She was probably better in Brawl than this game tbh.
/though this isn't a thread about Brawl lol.

Last edited:

TheBlackLuffy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBlackLuffy
Switch FC
8040 1413 9929
Sheik doesn't need a read. Soft hit of nair true combos into bouncing fish and it's really consistent at getting ledge get-ups (and kills better that way)

Also her reads off dhrow are pretty damned consistent.

I wouldn't even call them reads since they're just BnB 50/50s a lot of the time.

Of course, while mario "needs a read" he damn sure can try for them. Fairly safe smashes, good kill potential with platform extended combos, great gimping/ledgeplay in general.

And as you stated, bthrow is a great "Well i failed the reads but I did enough damage trying" failsafe.

IMO Mario is top tier but only with proper stage selection. His kill confirms are much less reliable on FD/Smashville imo. (Though some chars you don't want to give platforms so you can catch with usmash. Floaties generally. And fast fallers you often want to avoid BF if they're good there too as ledge trump > bair kills sooo late there)

@ Ally's Mario: His mario is very read based and he actually isn't as capable at killing as Anti/Zenyou who actually had much less trouble taking ZeRo's stocks when they played.

I think it comes down to Ally's controls, he uses smash cstick + R jump to enable easy pivot usmashes but it's clear he isn't capable of buffered SH uairs and consistently fails to follow DI properly with dair. Which are both crucial kill set-ups.
Soft Nair combos into Bouncing Fish? Interesting I'll have to try that out. I know Sheik's BF is a solid kill move but it seems like more of a harder read at high % to actually have it effectively kill.

That is aside from carrying them off the stage with Fair and finishing with BF.

I just never understood why people some times throw around Mario relies on reads.

I agree he relies on reads to start combos but he's got so many kill moves that aren't all that difficult to hit.

Especially Jab + Back Throw or Dtilt + BackThrow

Or Dtilt + Up Smash.

Plus Up Smashes range and hitbox are enormous.

outfoxd

Smash Ace
NNID
outfoxd
Peach, Wii Fit Trainer and Megaman are all characters I think need to get more praise for their load out.
Wii fits header spike ruins lives. I swear it's one of the best spikes/moves in the game because of the control you have over it and the absurdity of the hitbox.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Honestly, I think 'Zard may be a bit more of a threat than people give him credit for; if you've seen vaBengalz' Charizard, then you know that Zard is not in any way a bad fighter. Honestly, he seems more fitting in the middle of the viability list; he has some great MU's, but also has some pretty bad MU's at full potential.

He's certainly not underwhelming; it's just that the 'Zard meta isn't having big pushes in non-customs tourneys. Really, if vaBengalz is any indicator, Zard is actually somewhat good. And now that he has a killthrow and a combo throw, he's only gotten more options.

Last edited:

Meatbag

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KeithSprings
="DunnoBro, post: 20259328, member: 27527"
Are you denying he has 50/50s off dash attack around the percents the true combos work?
He doesn't have 50/50 set ups which can kill off of dash attack. His dash attack to up air is a combo that works at specific percents for every character. He has 50-50 combos which can do about 20-28 percent off of down throw based off of down throw ,or he can opt out for upsmash which would do 16 percent. I can see how mistakes like these happen since we are pretty secretive about our info.

Last edited:

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
User was warned for this post
[QUOTE="DunnoBro, post: 20259328, member: 27527"
He doesn't have 50/50 set ups which can kill off of dash attack. His dash attack to up air is a combo that works at specific percents for every character. He has 50-50 combos which can do about 20-28 percent off of down throw ,or he can opt out for upsmash which would do 16 percent. I can see how mistakes like these happen since we are pretty secretive about our info.
I really don't care how secretive you all are, you're full of **** if you're trying to tell me dash attack isn't a kill set-up outside of the true combo percentages.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom