• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Version 1.0.3 is out!!

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
- jab damage was increased 2%
- fair is now a meteor
- backslash hits at a lower angle
- three new monado arts
- upthrow glitch was fixed
- dsmash has improved speed

and i think thats it
I doubt all this happened but if so cool!

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
For some reason I feel like this game has definitely been tainted with...

Omniomega

Smash Apprentice
Oh i found out what it is. You can no longer see who's in the lead in conquest mode challenges. I guess that means no more bandwaggoning on the winners side.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Oh i found out what it is. You can no longer see who's in the lead in conquest mode challenges. I guess that means no more bandwaggoning on the winners side.
This honestly sucks. In something like a competitive matchmaking this would not happen. Screw the casuals.

rhysmorgan

Smash Rookie
NNID
rhysm94
Kids won't continue to pick that team if they get shrekt in matchmaking.

Again, screw the casuals.
What, exactly, do casuals have to do with this?
Given that there are prizes for backing the winning team (gold at the very least), it makes sense for anyone to bandwagon the winning team.
This removes the opportunity for bandwagoning.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Multiple competitive e-sports developers, such as Riot and Blizzard, and talked at length about the problems inherent in providing easily accessible official win-rate data to a community. It has a toxic, warping affect on perspectives.

Venhammer

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5215-0896-2881
As it happens, sometimes a placebo can be just as good as real medicine. Nintendo might've just said that there were balance changes when there was really little that actually changed, and hoped that the community would balance the game on its own. I'm probably wrong, but I wouldn't put it past Nintendo to try something like that either.

Bowsy

Smash Rookie
What if this patch was nothing just for Sakurai to see how many "changes" we discovered

XxBHunterxX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bryan
3DS FC
2766-9402-2187
What if this patch was nothing just for Sakurai to see how many "changes" we discovered
I would hate him for wasting my time, I already kinda hate him for making me download something without out any details

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
This honestly sucks. In something like a competitive matchmaking this would not happen. Screw the casuals.
I thought it was a wise decision. Everyone would just go the winning side just so they could get the rewards for winning. There is not point in helping the other teams when you know you are going to lose. I bet these will be a lot closer now.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
The only thing I do not like about Conquest mode that NEEDS fixed is the tie restraint. You only get one round a day just to rack up anywhere from 2-11 (my record high) points. And the modes are not balanced right. Whenever I am open for another conquest match, I go straight to 4 player smash on for glory and wreck. the more players= more KOs= more points. There is literally no reason to do 1v1 for conquest mode.
They need to put the time down to 6 hour intervals or something, giving you 3 matches a day. Or, why not have the player use gold to purchase more conquest mode matches? I mean, eventually, we will all have more gold than we need, and it would be nice to use it for more online modes.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Maybe they uploaded the wrong thing?Idk I can't find anything...

MasTar

Smash Rookie
Nintendo really needs to buckle down and say what has changed in like patch notes, as apposed to we balanced the game again. Also did little mac get nerfed? friend will not stop complaining about his super armor

Evello

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TinyTinyHippo
3DS FC
0473-7825-0053
Nintendo really needs to buckle down and say what has changed in like patch notes, as apposed to we balanced the game again. Also did little mac get nerfed? friend will not stop complaining about his super armor
I doubt he was nerfed. No one has been able to verify any changes so far. Probably just a nocebo. This patch is a fount of textbook cases of placebo/nocebo.

Balancing may not even refer to multiplayer character attributes. It could be the difficulty/rewards of solo modes, the scoring systems involved in online matchmaking/GSP, even more complicated processing details, or a million other things that could constitute game balance.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Not really sure why anyone would be mad with the new Conquest mode changes. I was already complaining about this before they changed it and I'm glad they did.

Every single conquest challenge has been a landslide because of bandwagoning which I even did myself because I mean hey, it gives me prizes. But now I can actually pick the characters I like and try to support a specific side, results will also be more accurate to who gets used more, because it in end thats what its all about.

Also, I see where they're getting at with the once per day thing. It's kind of there because they want to see the character's popularity amongst the whole world, not just you. They don't want to see a single person doing a marathon of a single characters so that they can win. Yeah, the points aren't a whole lot, but when you're one amongst thousands of people those points add up fast. That's what its supposed to be.

Morgue

Smash Cadet
Does anyone see any differences with Palutena's Uptilt? Personally, I feel it has changed, in some way.

Aenglaan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aenglaan
3DS FC
0559-8074-9911
One change I've seen is the "Battle Reshiram/Zekrom" theme on N's Castle. There are clear differences in the sound quality and it isn't so noisy.

chipndip

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Chiptendo
3DS FC
4098-3083-1621
Summary: Everyone getting placebo'd at the same time.

Cammed Z28

SB-Jgd = My FG gamer tag
3DS FC
2852-9484-2780
Yup, a whole lotta placebo effect in this thread, with many a few real balance tweaks we don't know yet.
Lol I know

Reading this thread gave me a good laugh, and informed me that there was an update available.... :thumbs up:

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Honestly I was hoping Ike had some ending lag removed from his attacks so he no longer thinks about life between attacks. Poor guy needs it.

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
watch it just be the conquest thing

Top Bottom