• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Version 1.0.3 is out!!

MegaMissingno

Smash Ace
NNID
missingno
  • The Conquest chart will no longer be displayed when Conquest Mode is active.
  • Adjustments have also been made to balance the game and make for a more pleasant gaming experience.
Balance changes already? Hoo boy.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Kind of early to make any kind of balancing changes imo, we haven't even properly explored the characters yet. Doubt it's anything major though.

Dominus

Smash Rookie
Anyone notice anything different in the characters? Can Rosalina still do her infinite? Can Shiek still Chain Grab?
Ect.
I get the feeling that today's Pic of the Day will inform us on what the patch details.

Clemente

Smash Journeyman
Ver. 1.0.3 just downloaded from the eShop. I hope in the future they outline what "balancing changes" they have made.

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
Anyone notice anything different in the characters? Can Rosalina still do her infinite? Can Shiek still Chain Grab?
Ect.
I get the feeling that today's Pic of the Day will inform us on what the patch details.
I doubt it's anything major. Went into training mode, Rosa still has her infinite jab, and Yoshi still has that ledge glitch. I thought they'd at least fix yoshi's glitch.

Dyz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dyz-89
3DS FC
1950-9945-5854
thanks for the heads up on the update, i already downloaded it, now time to wait for the serves to work again tomorrow, phew good thing i checked one last time before sleeping hehe

Ignoth

Smash Cadet
A guy on reddit is claiming that rolls have a bit more ending lag now.

Can anyone confirm?

Ignoth

Smash Cadet
Bull, from what I've seen in training mode. Rolls look to be the same.
That's what I expected. The guy seems pretty convinced though. Must be like some sort of placebo effect or something.

Helmed

Smash Rookie
Everyone seems unchanged. This might have just been a conquest update

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Come on Nintendo. Why do you need to be super vague about this.

Last edited:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Not at all, mate. If they stated that changes were made for balance, then something has changed within the game. Check the samus infinite on robin and see if still works, or yoshi's big glitch and slide bug, Wario's vectoring issue, so forth.

Lots of bugs were in the game that nintendo should've taken care of from the start.

Last edited:

Helmed

Smash Rookie
I just meant I MYSELF haven't seen any differences

It would be really nice if nintendo could list all the changes if they did do balance work, especially for a fighting game that's so popular

Vincent1066

Smash Rookie
NNID
Vincent1066
3DS FC
1908-0141-4229
I haven't seen any differences since the update, but I've only been playing All Star, so it's not saying much.

Luigi player

Smash Master
You can watch replays that were saved before the update right? So you can try to watch them to see if there are any differences at the end (should be seeable if there are any since everything will be changed by just a few little changes).

Last edited:

Vincent1066

Smash Rookie
NNID
Vincent1066
3DS FC
1908-0141-4229
I can still watch my previous replays, so there must not be very much changed if at all, aside from the Campaign mode.

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
Tested and confirmed, metaknight's forward throw damage buffed from 3% to 9%. I tested in 1.0.2 first and then updated. We've begun a journey down a treacherous road, my friends.

edit: I'm bad at science and this is wrong. Read below

Last edited:

A Gray Person

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gray21oh
3DS FC
1719-3271-0480
I'd think if we were going to get some balancing and major bug fixes it would have to be for some sorta 1.1 patch. I'd probably try to find the differences of this patch for myself but I'm not one of those people that bought the game twice.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Tested and confirmed, metaknight's forward throw damage buffed from 3% to 9%. I tested in 1.0.2 first and then updated. We've begun a journey down a treacherous road, my friends.
Still 3 percent on my end.

JoeInky

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JoeInky
3DS FC
4596-9442-7695
Metaknight's FThrow damage is character dependent which is why you probably thought it was buffed:

Character - 1.02 - 1.03

Samus - 3% - 3%
Bowser Jr. - 8% - 8%
Bowser - 9% - 9%

Seems to be a multihit throw and can hit larger characters more than once.

Source: I own a JP 3DS with Smash on 1.02 and a UK 3DS with Smash on 1.03

Also shields are exactly the same, no changes to regen or degen rate.

Last edited:

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
Metaknight's FThrow damage is character dependent which is why you probably thought it was buffed:

Character - 1.02 - 1.03

Samus - 3% - 3%
Bowser Jr. - 8% - 8%
Bowser - 9% - 9%

Seems to be a multihit throw and can hit larger characters more than once.

Source: I own a JP 3DS with Smash on 1.02 and a UK 3DS with Smash on 1.03

Also shields are exactly the same, no changes to regen or degen rate.
Ah, goes to show even if you're 100% certain about something you can still be wrong. Very interesting! Thanks, I'll edit my original post.

Top Bottom