• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Version 1.0.3 is out!!

Xuan Wu

Valor Ablaze
NNID
Xuanwu_2014
I don't recall it being so prevalent before, but Ike has super-armor on his forward-smash now? o.O Sheik has hit me when I've used my forward smash, but I did not flinch, and she went flying...
Is this really true?! The Ike boards would be very pleased with this. You should speak with the other Ikes there for confirmation.

^-^

Last edited:

EpixAura

Smash Journeyman
Is there any proof that replays would desync even if the character was changed? I don't know the first thing about programming, but I imagine Nintendo could have taken steps to make sure replays don't desync.

Pink!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KirbyCanvasCurse
3DS FC
3695-0038-5541
I watched a replay where I experienced Dedede's Gordo Glitch and it still happened, so that hasn't been fixed as far as I know.

Darkzephr

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4012-4533-2435
I'm really hoping this game doesn't do frequent patches to make every character "equal". A constantly evolving meta game can easily address slight balance patches. If we as players get into the mindset that any aspect of the game that feels overpowered should be patched, the meta will stagnate. Starcraft Brood War is a perfect example of a meta game shifting to balance a game. The game was barely updated, and the "Strongest race" changed multiple times through its life span without any patches. I'm not opposed to balance changes in general, but Id prefer if we as players were forced to learn to abuse and react to advantages specific characters strengths over us expecting Nintendo to fix the character who we feel is "too strong".

villager

Smash Rookie
I don't think replay desyncs will be an issue at all. That was a problem of the past that should no longer exist, and looking at replays for desyncs shouldn't be the basis of finding mechanic changes or whether a bug still exists or not.

In order to avoid problems in the current day and age, replays are saved on a by-version basis. This means that if you have 1.0.3 and run a 1.0.2 replay, the game will run the replay as 1.0.2 causing no problems.

It's easy for the game to do this since the information for 1.0.2 still exists within it.

ZeruSlayer

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1993-8718-4724
I just played through 20 characters extensively and I haven't seen anything significantly noticeable with any of the characters. If any changes were made it was probably to fix glitches or small adjustments to frame data, damage, and knockback which is so difficult to notice that I don't want to bother testing the rest of the cast.

Did anyone else notice that Olimar's Pikmin got smarter (they don't suicide as often)? It's probably my imagination.

dragonologist

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0920-1138-8009
Is anyone else getting an error code and a 'Software currently unavailable'? I can't seem to download it. It's really annoying because I want to play online.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
You guys might have already know this but, it seems that you can't see the Conquest mode's result until it is over. Maybe because they found out that people might just choose the character that had the most conquest already. So make it fair they make all the conquest mode ??, you don't know who's in the lead.

ZeruSlayer

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1993-8718-4724
Is anyone else getting an error code and a 'Software currently unavailable'? I can't seem to download it. It's really annoying because I want to play online.
Did you try restarting your 3ds? Also, do you have enough blocks available for the update? I downloaded the update an hour ago so I don't know if anything changed from then.

Last edited:

dragonologist

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0920-1138-8009
Did you try restarting your 3ds? Also, do you have enough blocks available for the update? I downloaded the update an hour ago so I don't know if anything changed from then.
I've tried about 5 times, restarting DS and all sorts. I've got 14'880 blocks open... It's really weird.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
The yoshi super armor thing sounds like BS. Yeah nintendo decided to remove yoshis trait hes had in now four smash games spanning 15 years not during development but during a patch three weeks AFTER the game came out. Im not that gullible lol.

p4k|wyatt

Smash Cadet
OMG YAY! It seems to me that they hid the scores on the current conquests~ This was sooooooooooo necessary. :D

ZeruSlayer

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1993-8718-4724
I've tried about 5 times, restarting DS and all sorts. I've got 14'880 blocks open... It's really weird.
That is weird :/. Maybe the update is down. I'm out of options so hopefully you can solve the problem :)

Raijinken

Smash Master
Wisp is still ridiculously strong given the proper team-mates, and an experienced Batrider is a god-damned nightmare to play against.

Doesn't really seem like it would be the same in Smash though. In Dota, nobody has 'mains' but in Smash we do.
Dunno. I guess I'll just wait a few days for the confirmed changes, if there even are any.
I agree, I was just remarking on how a balance change that changed heroes from "instant ban" to "very good" more or less removed them from the metagame for several months. But you're right, Smash isn't likely to follow the same trend.

I'm really hoping this game doesn't do frequent patches to make every character "equal". A constantly evolving meta game can easily address slight balance patches. If we as players get into the mindset that any aspect of the game that feels overpowered should be patched, the meta will stagnate. Starcraft Brood War is a perfect example of a meta game shifting to balance a game. The game was barely updated, and the "Strongest race" changed multiple times through its life span without any patches. I'm not opposed to balance changes in general, but Id prefer if we as players were forced to learn to abuse and react to advantages specific characters strengths over us expecting Nintendo to fix the character who we feel is "too strong".
Brood War went through numerous balance changes over the year. Numerous other online games are good proof that an unchanging meta can be bad while changing balance is good (See Dota). You have to hit a nice balance between addressing actual issues (Void Ray charges in SC2, Terran's walling strength, Dota's push meta, Demoman stickies in TF2, etc) for balance's sake while giving each version sufficient time to test that balance. Balance changes any more frequent than two months or so are often rushed, but other times, like was the case with Dota 6.81, a system is so broken that it needs fixing.

Can't really tell at this point because this game is wholly new and hasn't been out long in general, but if they tweak things every 2-3 months without making major gameplay changes, the meta will be more than capable of evolving while character strengths and weaknesses are discovered and learned. And just because a character is nerfed once doesn't mean they can't be buffed again later - balance should always be a perpetual process (Morphling shotgun strat in Dota, for example, was considered absurdly broken during TI2, but the same option was returned recently, and he's no more than a slightly above average pick).

Last edited:

SwoodGrommet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RIPinpieces
3DS FC
3652-0583-3903
Yes, the QR code didn't work for me as it's region dependant. Try searching for the update in the eshop and download it from there.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Maybe there wasn't a patch list because there were no character changes?

XXXCheckmate

Smash Rookie
NNID
XXCheckmate
3DS FC
0774-4671-5159
I think that's referring to how, in team battles, you can easily use a single Thunder to instantly fill G&W's bucket
Thank you for actually providing an answer. I was just confused because people would mention it some posts.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Is there any proof that replays would desync even if the character was changed? I don't know the first thing about programming, but I imagine Nintendo could have taken steps to make sure replays don't desync.
I don't think replay desyncs will be an issue at all. That was a problem of the past that should no longer exist, and looking at replays for desyncs shouldn't be the basis of finding mechanic changes or whether a bug still exists or not.

In order to avoid problems in the current day and age, replays are saved on a by-version basis. This means that if you have 1.0.3 and run a 1.0.2 replay, the game will run the replay as 1.0.2 causing no problems.

It's easy for the game to do this since the information for 1.0.2 still exists within it.
Says somewhere that replays might get goofed up after a patch, since they're just a series of button imputs that work off the current game. Like if you try watching a normal Brawl replay on a modded game.

EpixAura

Smash Journeyman
Did Nintendo say that themselves? I figure it wouldn't be too much trouble for Nintendo to find a means to have the replays run on the version on which they were saved, especially if they intend to patch as frequently as they are.
If we can confirm that replays function the same as Brawl then it's a safe bet that the patch changed pretty much nothing.

Are there any glitches that were present in the original that were patched before this? If someone has a 3DS that hasn't downloaded any of the patches (there has to be someone, right?), then they can try these glitches, save the replay, then update to a version where it's fixed and watch it.
Unfortunately I haven't been paying attention to any bugfixes that have been done, or even if any have been done.

Starman15

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RobotTurtle5000
3DS FC
3136-7638-2428
Switch FC
SW-2901-3121-3539
I have no idea as to what the "balancing fixes" actually did, but I can easily say that hiding the conquest results mid-conquest was brilliant. What's the point of supporting Zelda or Palutena when Peach has almost 50% of the total points? It was so frustrating.

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
My biggest pet peeves haven't been fixed, and I doubt they ever will. It'd be too big of a change if they did, since they all have to do with the very core essence of the game itself.

Starman15

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RobotTurtle5000
3DS FC
3136-7638-2428
Switch FC
SW-2901-3121-3539
About to get it. What does it do to conquest mode again?
In the past, the current results of conquest mode were shown in the middle of the competition. So if Mario had more points than Mega Man, it would show Mario with say, 75% and Mega Man with 25%, it defeated the whole purpose of supporting Mega Man because he would clearly lose. Now, you can't see the results mid-conquest to keep things fair.

Last edited:

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
So what are shulks changes?
- jab damage was increased 2%
- fair is now a meteor
- backslash hits at a lower angle
- three new monado arts
- upthrow glitch was fixed
- dsmash has improved speed

and i think thats it

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
Some people here were saying that Meta Knights forward through got a damage increase. It is still the same for me....

EDIT: So 99% of these claims that people are making are fake. Well I am not surprised.

Last edited:
Top Bottom