• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vegetarianism

jugfingers

Smash Champion
myself and most of the wutang clan are strict Vegetabletarians!

hopefully this won't turn into a carnivore vs herbivore thread!!......or maybe that would be fun..!!!.. but who all is reppin the vegetables and the seeds and who all is reppin the animal flesh?!! and are there any fruititarians or even breathitarians among us?!!

Notable Vegetabletarians!!!

RZA
Ghostface Killah
Raekwon
Masta Killa
Method Man aka johnny blaze
Mos def
Black Thought

Pythagoras (my *****!)

"Oh, my fellow men, do not defile your bodies with sinful foods. We have corn, we have apples bending down the branches with their weight, and grapes swelling on the vines. There are sweet-flavored herbs, and vegetables which can be cooked and softened over the fire, nor are you denied milk or thyme-scented honey. The earth affords a lavish supply of riches, of innocent foods, and offers you banquets that involve no bloodshed or slaughter: only beasts satisfy their hunger with flesh, and not even all of those, because horses, cattle, and sheep live on grass."

Plutarch "Can you really ask what reason Pythagoras had for abstinence from flesh? For my part I rather wonder both by what accident and in what state of mind the first man touched his mouth to gore and brought his lips to the flesh of a dead creature, set forth tables of dead, stale bodies, and ventured to call food and nourishment the parts that has a little before bellowed and cried, moved and lived. How could eyes endure the slaughter when throats were slit and hides flayed and limbs torn from limb. How could his nose endure the stench? How was it that the pollution did not turn away his taste, which made contact with sores of others and sucked juices and serums from mortal wounds? It is certainly not lions or wolves that we eat out of self-defense; on the contrary, we ignore these and slaughter harmless, tame creatures without stings or teeth to harm us. For the sake of a little flesh we deprive them of sun, of light, of the duration of life to which they are entitled by birth and being."
"If you declare that you are naturally designed for such a diet, then first kill for yourself what you want to eat. Do it, however, only through your own resources, unaided by cleaver or cudgel or any kind of ax."

Da vinci!
"He who does not value life does not deserve it."

Leo Tolstoy!
"man suppresses in himself, unnecessarily, the highest spiritual capacity - that of sympathy and pity towards living creatures like himself - and by violating his own feelings becomes cruel."

Henry david thoreau

Einstein(in the last year of his life)

Gandhi
"I hold flesh-food to be unsuited to our species. We err in copying the lower animal world if we are superior to it."

Allen ginsberg!

Kafka!

KRS-ONE!

Nikola Tesla!!!

Plato!

Johnny Appleseed!

Wagner !

Confucius !

Sage Francis!

Coltrane!

Phillip Glass !

Amsah aka Nihonjin!!

I also share the same sentiments as the writer of Archie comics that the exclamation point is the best way to end a sentence!

Discuss!

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
if we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made of MEAT?!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Vegetables are people too and eating them is a crime. Just because they are unable to communicate doesn't mean we can eat them.

Animals however can communicate and have yet to raise any objections. *Eats a steak*

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
Guilty of being DELICIOUS!!!

Also, Strong Bad, I've probably said this before, but I'll say it again:

You are awesome.

Thatfatcat

Smash Apprentice
Coltrane was a vegitarian?? Never knew that. O_O

*knaws on baby lamb rib*

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
Since no one else is going to agree with the OP, I will :)

I've been attempting to turn vegetarian and slowly reducing my meat consumption for the last few years. I've cut myself down to just fish (and chicken in takeaways) now. Will probably finish the transition in another year or two.

It's a shame british vegetarian food is so bland >.> Or else I might have already become a vegetarian. Who wants to buy a crummy ugly cheese sandwich when all the other options on the shelf are so delicious!

n88

Smash Lord
SuperBowser=Vegetarian? You are a traitor to your username.

I personally eat meat because it's mostly delicious, and if I don't eat it, it'll just rot on the Grocery store shelf, and the animal it came from will have died for no reason at all.
If we're gonna kill 'em anyway, might as well eat 'em too.

`Jammin' Jobus

Smash Journeyman
i eat meat but the meat industry as a whole erks me. i just dont like it. I try to eat mostly wild game. works at home but at school at eat this cafeteria mystery meat ****.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Vegetables are people too and eating them is a crime. Just because they are unable to communicate doesn't mean we can eat them.

Animals however can communicate and have yet to raise any objections. *Eats a steak*
That's pretty much my opinion too, but I can understand why some people are Vegetarians.

i eat meat but the meat industry as a whole erks me. i just dont like it. I try to eat mostly wild game. works at home but at school at eat this cafeteria mystery meat ****.
Same here.

jugfingers

Smash Champion

Clearly you have never tried to eat a cow alive.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
People can choose to be vegetarians, carnivores, whatever the hell they want. But the fact is, only eating one type of food for an extended amount of time is unhealthy.

Yes, yes, it's good to eat your vegetables, but in moderation. Eating all types of food is needed for a healthy and balanced diet, which also help's your organ systems, and tissues, and whatever else is in our body.

Also, too much of a good thing IS bad.

EVEN CHIPOTLE! but Chipotle is like Isai - too good.

jugfingers

Smash Champion
the fact is, only eating one type of food for an extended amount of time is unhealthy.

stupid deer.

True. This is why hardcore vegetarians/vegans have to take vitamin supplements.

edit: but most hardcore vegans are ideologically driven rather than nutritionally driven.

I think "have to" is a little strong

most vegetarians are idiots.

nay most people are idiots and have no idea what to eat really. so they think that they have to take vitamin supplements

or because a certain resource is not available to them or too expensive they take vitamin supplements, but that doesn't mean being a vegetarian means you have to take vitamin supplements to stay healthy.

but yes most hardcore vegans are ideologically driven.

I think its foolish to say that being a vegetarian is healthier than being a non vegetarian because one of the healthiest things to eat is raw animal organs, which most carnivores sadly are missing out on

hence the ideological ideals being a driving factor for vegetarianism

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
I, err... I mean, I breathe fire and stomp lesser beings that dare stand in my way into the ground. And sometimes eat them too! Man, life's so good. >: (

(Vegetarians don't need vitamins. They can have a perfectly balanced diet like everybody else.)

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
Common and Black Though are vegetarians. Add them to the list! I thought about being a vegetarian before....then I stopped lol.

P.S - Salads are legit

jugfingers

Smash Champion
Common and Black Though are vegetarians. Add them to the list! I thought about being a vegetarian before....then I stopped lol.

P.S - Salads are legit
salads are indeed legit and I will add black thought to the list..

However I am not going to add Common because I personally feel that he is a dirty scumbag traitor ***** ......and if I ever see him on a particular cold evening im gonna hit him with like 26 waterballoons like Bladow!

for going from this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5btqEdt6gU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C99iG4HoO1c&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C60CMneK-a0&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vouhfXudlz8

Etc...

To this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNw4amjdV0c

!!!!!!

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
^^lol you should've posted universal mind control *smh*

I can dig vegetarianism. I love them veggies : ). Just can't let go of that wonderful meat though.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Why must there be combat between vegetarians and omnivores. Keep in mind... man is not a creature of superiority... man is a creature of choice. All things in life are for us to choose. We choose whether or not to have religious beliefs, we choose who or what to like (to some extent), we choose what we eat.

There is no innate evil to eating meat. Do you mean to call dogs and cats evil because they are primarily carnivores? Nonsense. There is a reason why we keep them as pets- they are among the most well-natured (and domesticated) animals.

Adversely, there is no evil to forsaking meat, as that is a personal choice. You prioritize the lives of animals over your dinner plate. Bravo.

Personally, I've never really tried vegetarianism, but I'm not opposed to the idea. Hell... one of my best friends is vegetarian, and she's probably the most morally sound person I know. I'ld probably be willing to try it just for that reason.

And McDonald's? Gross... that's not meat... that's rubber that's been hot-ironed.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I made the decision that I wanted to become a vegetarian when I was in grade 7. My dad was really against it since he was both Asian and a pretty manly himself (rawr meat grr) so my vegetarianism never came into fruition. (o lolololol).

So yep.

`DNS`

Smash Lord
Since no one else is going to agree with the OP, I will :)

I've been attempting to turn vegetarian and slowly reducing my meat consumption for the last few years. I've cut myself down to just fish (and chicken in takeaways) now. Will probably finish the transition in another year or two.

It's a shame british vegetarian food is so bland >.> Or else I might have already become a vegetarian. Who wants to buy a crummy ugly cheese sandwich when all the other options on the shelf are so delicious!
Hah, make your own sandwich
Mozzarella cheese = all you really need :laugh:

I personally eat meat because it's mostly delicious, and if I don't eat it, it'll just rot on the Grocery store shelf, and the animal it came from will have died for no reason at all.
If we're gonna kill 'em anyway, might as well eat 'em too.
If there is no demand there will be no reason to have a supply.

EVEN CHIPOTLE! but Chipotle is like Isai - too good.
:laugh:

humans are made of meat too
HONESTLY i think that humans should be a food source, lol.. most dead humans died because of disease or something that would make their meat inedible, and I'm sure that people would be opposed to "human farms".
Humans suck.

I consider lettuce fancier tree leaves.
Tree leaves would be eaten if they weren't needed for the tree's survival.. and harvested for various reasons.. or maybe it's just because it's too hard to pick individual leaves off trees, and not really as efficient.
TBH, they actually don't taste that bad.

You guys do as you please. Personally, I could not turn vegetarian because vegetables just don't taste good to me, and I've yet to find a way to season them to suit my palate. I love fruit, though.
Vegetarian does not mean vegetables only.
There's also fruits, pasta, breads, rice (grains), cheese (dairy).. i could go on..

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Hah, make your own sandwich
Mozzarella cheese = all you really need :laugh:

Yum.

If there is no demand there will be no reason to have a supply.

:laugh:

HONESTLY i think that humans should be a food source.
Humans suck.

Umm... lovely?

Tree leaves would be eaten if they weren't needed for the tree's survival.. and harvested for various reasons.. or maybe it's just because it's too hard to pick individual leaves off trees, and not really as efficient.
TBH, they actually don't taste that bad.

Vegetarian does not mean vegetables only.
There's also fruits, pasta, breads, rice (grains), cheese (dairy).. i could go on..

Actually, that varies a lot. Some will eat fish for some reason (how anyone thinks that fish is not meat is beyond me), some refuse dairy for some strange reason. Having to live on vegetables alone... would be a life not worth living.
Replies in yellow.

jugfingers

Smash Champion
HONESTLY i think that humans should be a food source, lol.. most dead humans died because of disease or something that would make their meat inedible, and I'm sure that people would be opposed to "human farms".
Humans suck.
apparently there was an FDA ruling a few years ago that Human meat is unfit for consumption because of the large amount of toxic chemicals found in human tissue.

" Hit up Whole Foods like it’s the mecca for hot ladies"

quote from Method Man

Top Bottom