• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vegetarianism

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I was considering being a vegetarian for a while. But everything dies, and if I'm not killing the animal or having the animal killed for me then I'm not making them suffer.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
the same way you've never eaten a mango off of a tree
No, because I would pick it off and rub it down. I wouldn't just start eating it while it's still hanging off a tree. It would need to be prepared, the same way meat should.

jugfingers

Smash Champion
Wait...

Raekwon's vegetarian?

Seriously?
lol straight up

if I'm not killing the animal or having the animal killed for me then I'm not making them suffer.
P*ssy.

No, because I would pick it off and rub it down. I wouldn't just start eating it while it's still hanging off a tree. It would need to be prepared, the same way meat should.

the difference between eating a mango and eating a cow is that a mango tree wants you to eat its mangos so the pits will be distributed and can sprout into new trees.

however cows..... well cows do not want to be eaten. they will definitely **** you up if you try to eat them. unless you have a gun.

Gender Offender

Smash Cadet
Hearts o all da lil chilun who believe Santa Claus
I hate when people are like save the animals
THEY LIVE TOO
Y'know what
Plants live and they do a heckle of a lot more for us than animals
As producers they are preyed upon by all herbivores and omnivores
They also can't move unlike most animals we eat
And if plants were to run out what will we breathe?

jugfingers

Smash Champion
THEY LIVE TOO
Y'know what
have you ever looked an animals in the eye as you killed it.

it's a little different then looking at a grape before plucking it from a vine, which does not produce oxygen and will not run out, and is produced by grape vines specifically to be consumed by mammals and birds.

I hate it when carnivores try to make themselves feel better about killing and eating animals because they are a horde of self pleasuring gluttonous fools....lol im justplayin.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I've decided I'm going vegetarian for at least a year at some point.

Mainly for health reasons, but I can't do it anytime soon. I'm in college, trying to gain muscle mass, and McDonald's makes everything genetically perfect - maybe after I graduate and move to Boulder.

`DNS`

Smash Lord
THEY LIVE TOO
Y'know what
Now that's just being selfish..

jugfingers

Smash Champion
I've decided I'm going vegetarian for at least a year at some point.

Mainly for health reasons, but I can't do it anytime soon. I'm in college, trying to gain muscle mass, and McDonald's makes everything genetically perfect - maybe after I graduate and move to Boulder.
hey you don't see body builders buying meat protein supplements

the reason that people are able to get so huge is do to whey powder.

which is basically just dried filtered milk.

Gender Offender

Smash Cadet
Hearts o all da lil chilun who believe Santa Claus
have you ever looked an animals in the eye as you killed it.

it's a little different then looking at a grape before plucking it from a vine, which does not produce oxygen and will not run out, and is produced by grape vines specifically to be consumed by mammals and birds.

I hate it when carnivores try to make themselves feel better about killing and eating animals because they are a horde of self pleasuring gluttonous fools....lol im justplayin.
What happens if we uproot the whole freaking plant?

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
Ohoho, I see what you did there.

I tried going vegetarian once. Eventually, I was like EFF THIS, I WANT SOME BACON.
This turns me on!

Oh shi! wrong thread.

jugfingers

Smash Champion
I'm still curious what you think about em.
indeed eating a carrot is killing a plant, a life.

I personally try to eat only fruits, seeds, nuts, pollen, milk and honey. basically anything that doesn't require destroying life

but I do occasionally eat herbs and roots such as onions and carrots which I include in a delicious raw salsa that I make

however I do not consider these plants to contain the same soul like energy as meat and legumes.

I feel that plants of this nature share a soul with the earth and are more projections on the earths life force rather than independent entities.

not to say that killing/eating them is legit, but I do not think it compares to killing an animal.

Animals may indeed be outward manifestations of the earth as well but I do not think they realize this as plants do, and I think animals feel fear and suffer in a way that plants do not.

If you have ever looked into an animals eye as you killed it(as I have) then I think you would agree that killing an animal and uprooting and eating a carrot is not the same thing.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer

If you have ever looked into an animals eye as you killed it(as I have) then I think you would agree that killing an animal and uprooting and eating a carrot is not the same thing.
What about potatoes? Have you ever looked into a potato's eye as you killed it? Think about that poor little potato, all snug and cozy in the ground with its brother and sister potatoes, and then a big hand comes along and uproots it.

Poor little potato. You can't tell me that's it's not the same thing.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer

I personally try to eat only fruits, seeds, nuts, pollen, milk and honey. basically anything that doesn't require destroying life
Eating seeds and nuts is like eating baby plants. You don't want to eat meat, but you're fine with enslaving cows for their milk? And for bees you don't mind trashing their homes for honey?

For shame.:urg:

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
I know you guys are somewhat joking, but comparing a plant to an animal the way you are is akin to comparing a human's life to an ant's.

But yeah, most vegetarians probably shouldn't drink milk either. They tend not to know much about the milk industry though.

Thatfatcat

Smash Apprentice
What about potatoes? Have you ever looked into a potato's eye as you killed it? Think about that poor little potato, all snug and cozy in the ground with its brother and sister potatoes, and then a big hand comes along and uproots it.

Poor little potato. You can't tell me that's it's not the same thing.
You. are. aweome. xD

Two words:

Baby Lamb. (I could never give that up, along with BACONNNN)

Veril

Frame Savant
True. This is why hardcore vegetarians/vegans have to take vitamin supplements.

edit: but most hardcore vegans are ideologically driven rather than nutritionally driven.
This is actually a myth. Rice (not that nutrition-less white rice crap) and beans together actually provide a complete protein source (all the essential amino acids). Dealing with a lower iron intake is super easy if you just cook with a cast-iron skillet periodically.

I used to be a pseudo-vegetarian, for about 2 years I wouldn't eat meat unless I knew who killed whatever it was I ate. Hunting > commercial agriculture.

Baby Lamb.
Cute. Delicious. I like bunnies... for eating. They're not too hard to manage as adorable livestock either, we've had a bunch at my house. My girlfriend wasn't exactly happy about me eating them though ;p

Top Bottom