• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

VA

Smash Hero
good luck all the sexi peach mains at evo. u got dis. make a gurl proud.

while ur all there kicking butt i'll be at home.

p.s mccain: fuzzy says he's guna go falcon on u, fox on everyone else. a lil tip off.

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
I don't really understand you, DoH. So I'm not sure how to respond to anything you do. When you're saying "You don't know her", are you trying to say Bladewise is bad and you don't recognize he because of it?

Also, are you trying to be condescending and elitist with the post date thing?

I don't want to fully respond to you until I understand what you're trying to say.

john!

Smash Hero
I don't really understand you, DoH. So I'm not sure how to respond to anything you do. When you're saying "You don't know her", are you trying to say Bladewise is bad and you don't recognize he because of it?

Also, are you trying to be condescending and elitist with the post date thing?

I don't want to fully respond to you until I understand what you're trying to say.
i'm not sure how often you browse the peach boards, but sass levels are dangerously high around these parts. i'm sure you will get used to it after a while.

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
Yeah, I think I just don't understand internet people. I need to see people's faces and/or hear inflection to know what people are saying.

WIDL

We Are Born
I was just wondering. Is slow run (like normal dash, but with the control stick slightly aimed down) utilized for anything in Peach's dash attack game (or in general)? I was playing around and remembered that you could do it, and thought it might be a cool mixup, but it's quite difficult for me to actually test it on humans.

Xyzz

Smash Champion
If I fair some1's shield and they buffer a roll, but i jab. Does my jab hit?
It should. If you're frameperfect, you can fair (or nair) > grab and just make it in time before their roll starts, and jab is five frames faster; so you can waste those on stuff like not hitting the very frame before landing and stuff.

I'd personally really recommend using it that way, too. Aerial > grab is just good if you think they're going to hold shield, it's just too difficult to get it on buffered rolls.

Also:
[collapse="evo result stuff"]so sad neither armada nor wobbles won :( [/collapse]

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
I was kinda curious/upset about MacD being able to enter as a bye. I had a friend who was a no-show, and was considering going, but a evo mod said the switch would be impossible, and they would have to show up with a license to receive their pass.

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
Just recently, i've discovered that i am a very defensive Peach. Pretty much my whole playstyle right now is:
.Space with fairs constantly
.Look for openings with Dash attack
.Utilize ALL of my oos options (Such as nair oos, bair oos, and SH dair oos into Dsmash)
.Read rolls or look for weak bairs into Dsmash
.And turnip to get patient players to react the way i want them too.

I think the main reason im like this is because i dont use nair approach that much, i say it's because of how i don't really have the timing down just yet. Should i be approaching more with Peach or is her defensive game just THAT good?

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Sounds fairly close to what I do haha. Stick out fairs; the opponent's bound to run into it sooner or later :D

Although I do think offensively taking space with quick ground-floated nairs is really good, since it makes you less predictable, and keeps your opponent honest about his defensive. E.g. you won't ever get in on his shield if he never has to throw it up, because you don't move forward. And well, if he has to respect your offense, he can't just set up his however he wants to. (e.g. spacies can't just run around and jump in with late dair > shine > fadeaway aerial and repeat this process over and over again, if they have to worry about you interrupting their sh approach with a quick nair).

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
Hmmmmm, Ive actually interrupted approaches with nair before :D Maybe i just gotta keep practicing it to make sure dair NEVER comes out when i want a nair or im screwed......lol

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
I think that quick ground-level N-airs are one of the only situations where you can do better with a newer controller. I think having more new springs will cause your joystick reset to neutral more quickly.

Xyzz

Smash Champion
I would recommend anybody, who's still able to, to learn to not let the control stick snap back, but rather keep guiding it somewhat (not moving it back manually, that's too slow, but also never just letting go of the stick entirely). I think letting it snap back is one of the most destructive things you can do a controlstick (and something I do a lot).

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
I would say just to find your own timing for doing it, then just get better from there.
What i like to do is respect the frames, cause if i don't keep the stick down for the frames it takes to get into the float animation, i end up just FH nairing. So while respecting the frames, i take that time to get my stick back to neutral and do a grounded nair.

MacD

Banned via Administration
I was kinda curious/upset about MacD being able to enter as a bye. I had a friend who was a no-show, and was considering going, but a evo mod said the switch would be impossible, and they would have to show up with a license to receive their pass.
i originally said no to him when he told me on tuesday because of the ID thing.

short version, we found out all you needed is your confirmation info, so i showed them his to get his pass/shirt since it was paid for either way and i didn't have a pass. didn't care about entering but did it to make people shut up since it was an open spot, and since we found out others were doing it (also it didn't **** the pool since i think jtb could have got 2nd anyway).

tl;dr alan is amazing and being in the community for 5 years teaches you a few things about how events work and how to work around certain rules

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
Darn. I wish I would have known in advance about that kind of stuff though. In all honesty, it probably was in my better (personal/financial) interest to stay though.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I see people talking about inputs. Snapping back to center vs holding the stick. In general I think it's best to keep your thumb on the stick as much as possible for the purpose of maintaining a consistent level of control in general. That said, releasing the stick makes certain actions easier so I definitely think for shield pivots there's some good merit (and other actions too). But you have to remember that it *is* time when your hand leaves the controller so if you're hit out of it in some manner then it'll be difficult to DI. Now, you're not a space animal so you don't have anything overtly horrible to worry about like frame 8 u-throw release a la Jigglypuff into rest. That said, you do have to be concerned with a few key things so beware because flubbing DI can be incredibly costly for this character (some threats that become disproportionately more risky when your DI input is somewhat compromised include but are not limited to Marth's forward and down throws, Fox's u-throw, both shines, Fox's dair, Fox's uair, Falcon d-throw, the dangerous jabs, Puff's u-tilt, anything you need to tech, and Falco's everything).

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
Peach mains, I need some help. How can I safely approach with Peach? I feel like once I float, I'm already dedicated to a float and its obvious that I will land with an FC aerial. The other mixup I would think of is wavelanding back after the float, but I still feel like I'm missing something. I don't think I should be hit after I come down from an FC aerial. If that's the case, how should I space it, and what other ways can I safely approach?

Top Bottom