• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Valdens vs DSF (Snake!)

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
perhaps it's just a differnet definition of "top player" and it's all a communication breakdown

washington has GOOD players to be sure - but top level is another thing ENTIRELY

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
perhaps it's just a differnet definition of "top player" and it's all a communication breakdown

washington has GOOD players to be sure - but top level is another thing ENTIRELY
I agree. Top players are like DSF/M2K/Azen. Players who have taken sets off those player several times(Chillin,NL,Chudat) could also be considered top players.

There are really good/amazing players in almost any community for sure. Top players are...rare.

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
yeah praxis, your just picking a fight at this point.

what hylian said before was 100% true, because those videos of valdens were TERRIBLE, go look at them yourself.

hylian and myself now both agree that he has either gotten better or is playing better, because, again look at the video, there is a clear difference in skill.

Deoxys

Smash Lord
I agree. Top players are like DSF/M2K/Azen. Players who have taken sets off those player several times(Chillin,NL,Chudat) could also be considered top players.

There are really good/amazing players in almost any community for sure. Top players are...rare.
So you're not a top player?

Did you have a hand in all this Dr. Pepper advertising?

Valdens

Smash Ace
Can I get into the GnW back room nao? XD

Dunno if this makes me qualify haha

and Praxis and Chip, it's alright you guys, at least at this point what's being said is legitimate

Thanks for the compliments guys haha

The thing about dair is I use it to keep pressure going even if it ends up getting me punished a lot, because if you let Snake take control you end up getting ***** by Grenades. Though, noted, I am gonna try to use it a lot less from this point haha

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
I disagree. Ally/Chillin could give him a run for his money :p.

Good games, it really showed how you played a lot better then your other videos.
even on his home turf, you could argue someone like hall is a better snake (he beat dsf >.>)

also, @ praixs WAsucksatsmashcomedownhereandproveusotherwise

no spacing
cause washington can't space, oh burn

@ valdens, good stuff, go easy on the dairs though

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Thanks Gimpy.

Praxis, you a really overreacting. Didn't I JUST say that Valdens was really good? He's certainly better against snake then I am. Of course I'm going to want proof before giving credit. The only videos Valdens had provided before made him look bad because he was playing someone so much worse then him. These videos were completly different and showed how well he can play when put against a good opponent, which is all I asked for. I gave credit where it was due without being asked so please don't start drama. I don't know why you even need recognition from me.

Also, I don't consider anyone from Texas to be a top player so I don't really know where your getting that from. My state doesn't travel OOS enough to have top players. You need experience against people on a nation level to get there usually. Also note I do travel and have played DSF,M2K,Azen, and many other top/really good players. I know how good most player are in the US for the most part as I keep track of tournament records and have played most of the top players. I merely spoke so harshly to chip before because he was only citing players from his area, which bothers me when talking about overall skill and match-up ratio's.

Try and realize I'm actually increadibly reasonable. I never though Valdens was bad, just not a top player. It's not hard to make that assumption when my ignorance came from lack of proof. Now that I see valdens play someone I have played myself I can judge his skill MUCH better then before.

Again, Valdens is good. I don't have some grudge against WA stopping me from admitting that I just wanted proof. And he still would of won if he would of stopped dairing. You don't have to bash me for giving my input on the match. I'm pretty sure if you watch the video and see how much he gets punished for dair then you would agree with me. The advice wasn't ment to dismean him, it was ment to help him. If he doesn't want advice then I'm sorry but I don't really see the problem with it as I'm not being condescending at all.
This is all I ask for. My apologies for reacting harshly.

I felt in previous threads that the implication was that Chip and Valdens don't fight top players but Santi/other Texas players do, and thus Texas > Washington, hence my hostility. As Gimpyfish said- I misinterpreted your definition of top players. If we're talking about M2K/DSF/Azen quality, then no, WA has none. xD

*tips hat*

also, @ praixs WAsucksatsmashcomedownhereandproveusotherwise

no spacing
cause washington can't space, oh burn
*quietly uploads video of our last match to YouTube*

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
*quietly uploads video of our last match to YouTube*
you didn't record our money match fool.

unless you're gonna count online, but online's just dumb

@ guy above me, nobody east coast has come out here and won, the best was top 3, and that was plank when he invented planking (should've been dq'd too, he was stalling some of those matches)

have someone come out here and win, or even split the pot (dsf did it, dude was sitting in winners too, would've won), until then, socal's got this :p

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
you didn't record our money match fool.

unless you're gonna count online, but online's just dumb

@ guy above me, nobody east coast has come out here and won, the best was top 3, and that was plank when he invented planking (should've been dq'd too, he was stalling some of those matches)

have someone come out here and win, or even split the pot (dsf did it, dude was sitting in winners too, would've won), until then, socal's got this :p
i like how plank placed higher over there with 300 people than he does over here. get *****

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
So what makes you a top player?

Your actual skill or the opponents you fight?

I would consider DarkMusician a top player, but he lives in Hawaii. Does that make him not a top player?

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
lol everyone here talking about top players when they don't even have a clue.

Top players are the ones winning and making some good money in the respective highly competitive regions and states.

Theirs is only one person in this thread that is a top player.

/end.

p.s. good job valdens, I had no clue who the hell you were until this vid. keep it up.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
it's m2k if you guys were wondering... not me. :embarrass:embarrass:embarrass:embarrass:embarrass:embarrass:embarrass

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
good stuff. take note of his up air'ing and how dsf rarely punished it and it put him in bad situations.

i think you lost the 4th match cuz you were gettin way too greedy for the kill though and you started dthrowin.

very nice improvement since the last video i saw of you, good stuff.

also is it safe to say that dsf's snake < ally's? not knocking your accomplishment though
ill admit Valdens has gotten alot better

Ally snake is better than DSF's but DSF is a smarter player overall. its tough to say who would win or do better in a tournament, prolly DSF but ally rocks so i dono

TKD

Smash Lord
LOL @ Snake being God Tier for whatever reasons, including random tripping from his opponents.

Editted other stuff out because It was nothing nice.

Good job at that tourney, Valdens. I have no criticism in mind, I'm sure you already know what you're doing.

White Out

Smash Apprentice
it's m2k if you guys were wondering... not me. :embarrass:embarrass:embarrass:embarrass:embarrass:embarrass:embarrass
Used to Be Second in Florida and One of the best if not the Best GaW in the world
And didn't you and Rx take a set off of M2K and Cort?

If your not a top player then none of us in here can even come remotely close to becoming a top player (aside from M2K) anytime soon

cutter

Smash Champion
How many times do I have to tell you this?

Ledgecamping is NOT stalling. It is getting yourself into a better position.

Stalling is when you blatantly render the game absolutely unplayable; i.e. with Infinite Cape.

Some characters are bad at dealing with ledgecamping. Sucks to be them.

That doesn't mean it's a completely unstoppable strategy however.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
Used to Be Second in Florida and One of the best if not the Best GaW in the world
And didn't you and Rx take a set off of M2K and Cort?

If your not a top player then none of us in here can even come remotely close to becoming a top player (aside from M2K) anytime soon
nah dude, i quit playing for a about 5 months, but I just recently decided to go to tournies again. Yes we did take a set off of M2k and Cort. but then they 6-0'ed us lol. good times. I do consider myself a top GW player, but no, im not at pro status.

In Fl, our pros are Afro/Seibrik/ and the up and coming CO18.

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
ally does deserve the hype he gets.

i saw dsf's snake at his 'prime' according to m2k
and then i saw ally's snake

there is no comparison, sorry, ally is way better.

also gw does find vs snake, sorry noj. either that or im a snake slayer : )

Valdens

Smash Ace
Ally definitely has better grenade tricks and the like, but I'm of the opinion that they're relatively even

and by the way, **** job vs D1, OBM. That last second edgeguard was too good and you beat his Snake on the hardest level GnW has in that matchup =P

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
i think dsf's mk would be interesting to see vs ally's snake, but snake ditto would probably be pretty lopsided. at this point if he wants to contend as a top snake in the future he's gunna have to start playing him more, and not just against gws.

yeah d1's got a pretty good snake, not on ally's level of course, but probably one of the top 5 snakes in the atlantic north (not including pc or cort). That match was pretty crazy.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
i think dsf's mk would be interesting to see vs ally's snake, but snake ditto would probably be pretty lopsided. at this point if he wants to contend as a top snake in the future he's gunna have to start playing him more, and not just against gws.

yeah d1's got a pretty good snake, not on ally's level of course, but probably one of the top 5 snakes in the atlantic north (not including pc or cort). That match was pretty crazy.
Ally would beat DSF's MK, and most DEFINITELY beat his Snake, considering I beat DSF in a Snake ditto MM at C3. I can't help but to say this...I GOTTA be top 5 Snakes in AN. :)

White Out

Smash Apprentice
nah dude, i quit playing for a about 5 months, but I just recently decided to go to tournies again. Yes we did take a set off of M2k and Cort. but then they 6-0'ed us lol. good times. I do consider myself a top GW player, but no, im not at pro status.

In Fl, our pros are Afro/Seibrik/ and the up and coming CO18.
O your comeing back next time im in orlando mind if i could get some GaW tips from ya

I just ment you have an amazing past

last time we played was at wilvo and i got reckd but that was a long time ago

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Lol @ people laughing at me for saying Ally could possibly be a better snake then DSF.

Now everyone agrees :/.

I still don't know about a better player in general, but Ally's snake is amazing.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Lol @ people laughing at me for saying Ally could possibly be a better snake then DSF.

Now everyone agrees :/.

I still don't know about a better player in general, but Ally's snake is amazing.
Uh, as soon as Co18 posted Ally's first video vs Kingace way back when, I was telling people he was the best Snake, or close to it. I remember exactly actually, when people kept saying he needed to come to America, but since I'm good at judging vids I knew **** well he was more than qualified to take on American players.

CO18

Smash Hero
Uh, as soon as Co18 posted Ally's first video vs Kingace way back when, I was telling people he was the best Snake, or close to it. I remember exactly actually, when people kept saying he needed to come to America, but since I'm good at judging vids I knew **** well he was more than qualified to take on American players.
Ever since I played Ally on wifi I knew he was best Snake XD aka back in June.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
did you guys know that i am the best ike in the world?? the world. yes.

pockyD

Smash Legend
third place in the largest smash tournament ever for an EC player who doesn't even generally get top 3 on the EC

also, plank stalling? no... FLY was stalling. running off the stage and forward-b-ing strictly to run out the clock?

not to mention stalling wasn't even banned

camping? what's more campy than jumping and blizzarding in place

that's all legit btw, but i don't see why people are always crying about plank playing to win, when he's not even the one breaking your imaginary "rules" the hardest

EC destroys WC

cutter

Smash Champion
Even Fly running off the stage and just side Bing into the ledge can still be stopped. It's a good strategy to kill some time, but it's not true stalling.

You can't stop something like Infinite Cape or an infinite being used to intentionally run out the clock. Those are examples of actual stalling.

Top Bottom