• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Valdens vs DSF (Snake!)

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Good Stuff, nice beating him even though he was grenade camping like crazy.

Where are the first 2 matches btw?

Nicole

Smash Champion
Nice matches! This might be a weird compliment, but nice stalling on the Lylat match - well, not really STALLING. You slowed down the match when he tried to get campy, played your game, didn't approach him when he went 'nade happy - awesome.

also, this might be a n00b question, but when snake drops his c4 from above, and you're below him, if you do an Uair, will the c4 get pushed upwards?

Voxx

Smash Apprentice
Nope, Uair does nothing to C4's.

Uairs are used for pushin up nades

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
good stuff. take note of his up air'ing and how dsf rarely punished it and it put him in bad situations.

i think you lost the 4th match cuz you were gettin way too greedy for the kill though and you started dthrowin.

very nice improvement since the last video i saw of you, good stuff.

also is it safe to say that dsf's snake < ally's? not knocking your accomplishment though

Chip.

you know what to do
Dang it Valdens my thread was so much more epic of this for you!

Now Gimpy pretends like he wields the power of a tightanium snarf.

This can't be allowed.

GJ in you'r sets though ;)

cutter

Smash Champion
I really do not like Dthrowing Snake that much. His tech and buffer rolls are really long and it makes it really really hard to techchase Snake unless you read his roll perfectly.

Stick to the Uthrow-Uair juggle awesomeness : )

Cyan_

Smash Lord
Valdens, good stuff. You played great those matches.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
DSF is by far the best Snake player btw.
I disagree. Ally/Chillin could give him a run for his money :p.

Good games, it really showed how you played a lot better then your other videos.

Chip.

you know what to do
I'm sure they could, but they're certainly not the best Snakes.

And wow Valdens is good.

Also my thread is 100 times better than this.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
hylian chillins snake got really rusty recently, but then again so did DSF's. I think Afro is way up there though.
I also think Afro's snake is just as good if not better then DSF's.

Chip, I've played DSF's snake so I know how good it is lol. Apparently it's worse then when I played it as well. I won't say Ally or chillin's snakes are better because I haven't played them but I can say that Afro's snake impressed me more then DSF's did having played both of them.

Edit:

It's also not really resonable to just say someone is the best snake when they all live in different regions and haven't really been able to showcase their snakes against the same competition. Ally for example wrecks every tournament he goes to, but has not played a TOP american player yet. So we know he's good but we don't know how good. Chillin has beaten many top players with snake, but so has DSF. I think Chillins beaten Azen more with snake then DSF has for example. Afro's snake is also amazingly good.

I don't feel right saying any of them is the best. It's easy to say M2K is the best MK lol. It's easy to say Azen is the best lucario.

Snake...not so much.

Chip.

you know what to do
DSF's Snake isn't really rusty lol but he lied to me and said it was when I asked him to play me with it in tournament. DSF is the best Snake imho. No other Snake has reached his level of wins in tournament *shrug*.

Edit - Wow, I really don't want this to get off topic, but who's Afro lol?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Chip, DSF uses MK more then snake. Especially to win tournaments. At hobo11 he lost to Azen in a very close set with snake and shortly after that Chillin beat Azen in tournament with snake. When DSF went to the EC for the first time he got 7th with snake(losing to Azen and being 2 stocked by Chillin). The second time he went he split first with M2K and Snakeee using mostly MK. Ally has never lost a tournament set with snake lol.

It's not unreasonable to question DSF being the best snake logistically. Chillin has pleanty of equally good, if not better, credientials for the spot. So does ally sort of. He will have more assuming he does well in america. You cannot place all DSF's tournament wins on his snake when he tends to use MK more now.

Again, I'm not saing DSF isn't the best snake. I know how amazing he is...I've played him. I'm just saying other players have the credientials as well and saing he is absolutly the best snake and no one compares is unreasonable.

Edit: You should try to keep up with high level smash outside your region if you want to argue about people being the best XD. Afro is very well known lol.

CO18

Smash Hero
Ally has played 1 top player, Anther but thats really it. Imo allys best snake overall though.
But well see this weekend at C4.
Afro may be best Snake in the U.S , Its extremely good but he's not really using snake anymore.
He just uses Wario now and then MK for seibrik and mines d3 so im not exactly sure.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Those were fun to watch.

I noticed something that you should probably consider:

Number of successful dair: 3
Number of unsuccessful dair: 12
Total dair: 15

Approx numbers. I was watching everytime you dair. The snake punished most of them.

Chip.

you know what to do
LOL yeah it was one of the reasons why Jem quit.

DSF has done better than any other Snake player in tournament placings; the only player I can think of who's deabatably close is Chillin. Ally dominates competition only in East Canada but no one notable plays Brawl there. I'm also pretty sure Azen beat Chillin at ECRC lol I dont know what more recent set they had where Chillin won though. DSF dual mains MK and Snake with a distinct emphasis over MK. And I'm pretty sure DSF didn't lose going all Snake at that Texas tournament.

DSF: You're definitely way gayer and campier now than CH3! lolllz. So scary playing you. You shoulda stayed Snake, I should've lost.
Don't take my comment so seriously. I merely said that when some guy said Ally's Snake was > DSF's which is really absurd. Chillin and DSF both could be considered the best Snakes and they both use other characters in tourneys; DSF just wins more though *shrug*. He wins the most tournaments while using Snake for a lot of the time he's there.

Edit - One thing we can all agree on is that Valdens is amazing and is better than all the other scrubby Gnw's on this board because they don't use Bair enough

Discuss (I'm obv Jk =p)

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I understand your reasoning. I was just pointing out that Afro and Chillin could possibly have better snakes so your comment about no other snake even being close was meh lol.

I would agree that DSF is an overall better player then chillin, but I think chillin has beaten more notable people with snake then DSF has. That's all. I'm obviously not biased for either one since I live in the south lol I'm just trying to be objective about it.

Chip.

you know what to do
I'm not really sure about Chillin beating more players as Snake, he uses Falco and DDD quite a lot in tournament. DSF really does use Snake a lot and in every tournament he goes to, but uses MK noticiably more. Idk, using MK and Snake (and sometimes characters like DDD, Rob, Wario) and winning more regional tournaments out of any player in the nation just kinda makes his Snake stick out.

*shrug*

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Less arguing about DSF's skill

more arguing of mine XD
What's to argue? You're really good. The only thing I don't like about your set was the fact that you didn't stop dairing him when he was punishing them :/. If you were a little less predictable you would of won.

White Out

Smash Apprentice
Less arguing about DSF's skill

more arguing of mine XD
Awesome GaW this should deff get you the credit you deserved I told my friend TerminalMontage ( you should help me convince him to actaully go to tournys irl)

Afro is Florida's best Player for the person that asked before

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Fun past quotes:
I don't consider Valdens a top GW player at all. He hasn't done anything against well known players, only in his state.

Oh, I also don't consider Jem to be a top player.
Hylian's made his view clear.

Seriously, did anyone expect Hylian NOT to do everything in his power not to poo-poo the fact that Valdens did well against DSF? He's so far taken every opportunity to insult WA players.

Now if Valdens were from Texas, he might actually be good, amirite?

Chip.

you know what to do
Valdens, you're too predictable!

You should've beat DSF what are you smoking?

I mean only predictable players lose to DSF in close sets like that

sheesh. :laugh:

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
What's to argue? You're really good. The only thing I don't like about your set was the fact that you didn't stop dairing him when he was punishing them :/. If you were a little less predictable you would of won.
Then can we finally get a stop to the outright insulting stuff you spout every time you talk to a player from WA? Last time you piled on Chip because "he's never fought a good Game & Watch or any top players because WA has none", and the time before that you were calling Jem bad despite the fact that he took a set off DSF and sent ShadowRob to losers bracket.

Seriously, not trying to start a fight here, but in the last thread, you ASKED for proof of WA players against top players whom you could use as a measurement, and here it is provided. So can you give us a little respect?

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
you're all overreacting to hylian's last post

what he said was true

calm yourselves it's not like he said EVERYONE WHO IS FROM WASHINGTON IS HORRENDOUS he just said "he kept doing something even though his opponent was CLEARLY punishing him repeatedly for it"

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
you're all overreacting to hylian's last post

what he said was true

calm yourselves it's not like he said EVERYONE WHO IS FROM WASHINGTON IS HORRENDOUS he just said "he kept doing something even though his opponent was CLEARLY punishing him repeatedly for it"
It's not the last post- it's an ongoing spat from other threads, lol.

I repeat:
I don't consider Valdens a top GW player at all. He hasn't done anything against well known players, only in his state.

Oh, I also don't consider Jem to be a top player.
I would simply like Hylian to simply admit WA has good players and not trash talk us.

dramaaaaaaaaaaa....
Feels just like good ol' Peach Boards Home.

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
**** did i step in for some drama O_o

at any rate pretty nice looking GaW to me :B

i sense in your matches a sense of humor which makes it very entertaining to watch

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i don't consider jem a top player either lol nor do i consider valdens a top player - washington simply doesn't compare on a national level at this point

which will hopefully be changing soon

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Thanks Gimpy.

Praxis, you a really overreacting. Didn't I JUST say that Valdens was really good? He's certainly better against snake then I am. Of course I'm going to want proof before giving credit. The only videos Valdens had provided before made him look bad because he was playing someone so much worse then him. These videos were completly different and showed how well he can play when put against a good opponent, which is all I asked for. I gave credit where it was due without being asked so please don't start drama. I don't know why you even need recognition from me.

Also, I don't consider anyone from Texas to be a top player so I don't really know where your getting that from. My state doesn't travel OOS enough to have top players. You need experience against people on a nation level to get there usually. Also note I do travel and have played DSF,M2K,Azen, and many other top/really good players. I know how good most player are in the US for the most part as I keep track of tournament records and have played most of the top players. I merely spoke so harshly to chip before because he was only citing players from his area, which bothers me when talking about overall skill and match-up ratio's.

Try and realize I'm actually increadibly reasonable. I never though Valdens was bad, just not a top player. It's not hard to make that assumption when my ignorance came from lack of proof. Now that I see valdens play someone I have played myself I can judge his skill MUCH better then before.

Again, Valdens is good. I don't have some grudge against WA stopping me from admitting that I just wanted proof. And he still would of won if he would of stopped dairing. You don't have to bash me for giving my input on the match. I'm pretty sure if you watch the video and see how much he gets punished for dair then you would agree with me. The advice wasn't ment to dismean him, it was ment to help him. If he doesn't want advice then I'm sorry but I don't really see the problem with it as I'm not being condescending at all.

Top Bottom