• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official v1.2.0 Patch Discussion Thread

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
According to several guys in the Kirby Discord, Kirby only received Pac-Man's neutral-B changes, and didn't get anything noteworthy, himself.
Oh god, if that's the case Kirby is gonna be mentioned in every single patch isn't he?

dogass

Smash Rookie
I'm 100% dumbfounded on Duck Hunt. Nothing looks changed so it's probably something super minuscule. I'll keep looking though.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
I'm 100% dumbfounded on Duck Hunt. Nothing looks changed so it's probably something super minuscule. I'll keep looking though.
Down-air's damage was changed. It went from 18 percent total down to about 15. (for both hits) In 1.1, first hit is 6% flat, second hit is 12% flat.

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
So, one of the things that really was broken for DK was his cargo throw. If you got to around 90% and got grabbed by DK, he can carry you off stage, throw you to the blastzone and get back easily to the stage. You couldn't mash out of the cargo throw. Can anyone confirm if they fixed this?
Not really broken since he has to land a grab on a high damage character in order to do this. Sounds like it's working as intended.

Dr.Chronos

Smash Rookie
Some confirmed Greninja Nerfs:

D Tilt from 5.0 to 4.8
U Tilt from 5.6 to 5.4
Max charged Water Shuriken from 17.6 to 16.8

It seems like many other moves like the jab and smashes has been slightly nerfed, needs more labbing

lmao smash 4 flashbacks

PompfMompf

Smash Rookie
I can't confirm, but can someone check on Luigi's FAIR? I believe it launches further at higher percents. Feel free to prove me wrong!

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
This is wrong

First of all, grabbing with the first frame possible of rod can result in different damages.

Rod is very inconsistent. At each distance from the opponent, you can go forward a few pixels and get more damage then move forward a few more and get less. It is distance based but it's so inconsistent that it's practically random. We've done extensive testing and found that this is true, as can be seen in this spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16e6P2A-facXTTO_DHyiZu6KOlDC2YOnlF2W2VDlKZow/edit#gid=0

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying this is just blatant misinformation (if I am please tell me)
I'll hop into Isabelle forums at some point and try and get this figured out but note that your spreadsheet is using DISTANCE as a measurement threshold when i'm hypothesizing that it is FRAMES OUT that increases damage. Those are linked but don't necessarily correlate because a smash fishing rod toss reaches farther faster than a still one. And grounded vs. aerial grab/throw may differ too. If someone jumps into a fully extended rod and gets grabbed on the retraction, it does more than a regular full-distance grab.

When standing still, doing a fresh, grounded, unstaled grab on ZSS, then doing a smash fthrow, the difference is -0.7% between patches. Isa's sideB does more damage as the buoy is extended longer (frame-wise) but the difference is always 0.7% between old patch and this patch from what I can see. Regardless of whether we feel comfortable posting that number, though, we all agree it's different :)

Last edited:

captaintechnicality

Smash Rookie
I feel like since Isabelle and Villager were both changed, the change was probably to a move they share, like slingshot, or maybe to their physical attributes like weight and speed.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
I can't confirm, but can someone check on Luigi's FAIR? I believe it launches further at higher percents. Feel free to prove me wrong!
Can you tell me what percent it kills Mario? Put Mario on the far right of the stage and test it out, I'll see if it's different in 1.1.

dogass

Smash Rookie
I also think it pushes back a bit farther on ground, to produce less links.
I just tried it against Ken at 70% and it looks the same. I'll try some higher percents.

EDIT: Tried it at 100%, knockback and how far the fighter is pushed back looks the exact same

Last edited:

Jehtt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TurboJett
Someone who can read and actually translate Japanese would be better at explaining what's happening.
"I found an inconsequential bug. If Pac-Man begins advancing with his Side B just as the pellet is hit, the original intended trailing effect from Side B will continuously come out. When I used side B once more, it returned to normal.
It's like an F91. Cool, yeah?"

Last edited:

J0eyboi

Smash Ace
Some confirmed Greninja Nerfs:

D Tilt from 5.0 to 4.8
U Tilt from 5.6 to 5.4
Max charged Water Shuriken from 17.6 to 16.8

It seems like many other moves like the jab and smashes has been slightly nerfed, needs more labbing

lmao smash 4 flashbacks
Turn staling on

Tikao

Smash Ace
Ok tested some landing lag numbers, no idea what they were before the update, but they're now these numbers (if someone else has the pre patch ones to compare)
Landing lag of all changed characters post-patch:

luigi :

nair : 8
fair : 13
dair : 12
bair : 10
uair : 7
zair : 20

kirby :

nair : 6
fair : 8
dair : 16
uair : 7

young link :

fair : 6
dair : 17
bair : 6
uair : 14
zair : 8

link :

fair : 11
dair : 19
bair : 6

Donkey Kong:

nair : 10
fair : 17
dair : 14
bair : 11
uair : 15

toon-link :

nair : 7
dair : 23
bair : 8
uair : 13
zair : 9

Duckhunt :

nair : 10
fair : 9
dair : 15
bair : 14
uair : 11

Greninja :

dair : 30

Ice Climbers :

fair : 10
dair : 20
bair : 7

Isabelle :

fair : 14
dair : 9
uair : 9

Villager :

nair : 8
fair : 14
uair : 12

Olimar :

nair : 13
fair : 9
dair : 18
bair : 9
uair : 18

Pac-Man :

fair : 10
bair : 13
uair : 10

Last edited:

Spexx

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-3149-5152-0626
I'll hop into Isabelle forums at some point and try and get this figured out but note that your spreadsheet is using DISTANCE as a measurement threshold when i'm hypothesizing that it is FRAMES OUT that increases damage. Those are linked but don't necessarily correlate because a smash fishing rod toss reaches farther faster than a still one. And grounded vs. aerial grab/throw may differ too. If someone jumps into a fully extended rod and gets grabbed on the retraction, it does more than a regular full-distance grab.

When standing still, doing a fresh, grounded, unstaled grab on ZSS, then doing a smash fthrow, the difference is -0.7% between patches. Isa's sideB does more damage as the buoy is extended longer (frame-wise) but the difference is always 0.7% between old patch and this patch from what I can see. Regardless of whether we feel comfortable posting that number, though, we all agree it's different :)
Did you read the spreadsheet? It shows different damages on the same frame- it is correlated to distance, not frame. Doing rod at the same distance always leads to the same damage, but not hitting at the same frame.

Where's your proof for the damage changing between patches?

FSK

Smash Ace
Link changes so far:

They fixed an issue where Link would drop the bomb mid aerial if he instantly caught it after bouncing on an opponent. If this was done with uair it would result in the bomb being invisible which is also gone now as a consequence.

BeatMax Sakuraba

Smash Cadet
NNID
Neku2012
3DS FC
3093-7612-8482
Link changes so far:

They fixed an issue where Link would drop the bomb mid aerial if he instantly caught it after bouncing on an opponent. If this was done with uair it would result in the bomb being invisible which is also gone now as a consequence.
Don't forget about the global change. It affects his bombs too.

DavaiZhe

Smash Rookie
Young Link's arrows and boomerang feel VERY similar to 1.1.0. Maybe a ~5-10 degree skew if anything? Combo functionality is the same, they work into all aerials expect down air. No damage nerf(14.4 in both versions)

Greave

Smash Apprentice
NNID
P-Duck
Be sure to test the minutiae of the input buffer system and c-stick interactions! Also, for those who have the proper equipment, it would be helpful to see if the input lag has been reduced. Previously it was about 6-7 frames, but a decrease of, say one frame, would be incredibly hard to detect and can easily be mistaken for placebo.

I appreciate all the hard work that our labbers put in to fill us in on all the changes, and make up for all the secrecy from Nintendo. Excellent work, and keep it up!

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Link changes so far:

Can anyone else confirm or deny this change?

D

Deleted member

I swear to you, I mashed like crazy and I never escaped. I think there's a threshold of how much mashing you should do depending on %
And I guarantee you, DK gets way too many kills this way. I don't think it's fair to mash like I'm playing Melee insanely to get out of cargo at 100%
Go into controls and map the taunts on the d-pad to shield instead, that opens up the entire d-pad for mashing as well as the face buttons allowing you to mash faster physically. Hope that helps.

DavaiZhe

Smash Rookie
I wonder if this was a part of the adjustments to Pac-Man if other stuff hasn't been found for him or specifically for him like how people interact with him.

Someone who can read and actually translate Japanese would be better at explaining what's happening. Google Translate gives me this: "I found a good bug in Kusso. At the same time as Pac-Man begins to advance at the side b, effects are supposed to follow the side b at all times by cutting the food at the same time. I used it again and it went back. It looks like F91 and it's cool". Essentially, it's a visual bug.

ROB wasn't listed nor were the Marthlings, but this could fall under general gameplay changes that could have been fixed. Hopefully, because this is really weird and kind of dumb.

Looks like this is unchanged.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I'm personally not aware of any changes but I'd just like to remind everyone that back in Sm4sh, there were some patch changes that affected Final Smashes and even victory pose changes like Robin and Ike's swords glowing for longer. Some of the changes for characters could be simple stuff like that since everyone seems focused on movement and attacks.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
shrooby shrooby The invisible bomb glitch was fixed for all three links, not just Wild.

Young Link's Fire Arrows were changed from 23.5% -> 28.5%
They were not changed in damage at all. We've been over this a few times in this thread.

Dogmaster

Smash Cadet
I checked Link's Bow, bomb and boomerang knockback angle.

Im eyeballing it vs the grid of the trianing grounds and they look untouched

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
I need someone with the game unpatched to test Kirby's FAF on Nair, as it seems to be 63 frames, while I remember someone in the past saying it was like 68 or 69.

I need to know if this was a new buff or just more placebo ;_;

Last edited:

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
As of the testing in the Olimar discord he is unchanged. This makes us believe it was the bug fix for him freezing opponents and when he got stuck to Corrin. Unfortunately we have no idea how to reliably reproduce those for testing.

Top Bottom