• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official v1.2.0 Patch Discussion Thread

that_rock

Smash Rookie
Isabelle's rod range is extremely inconsistent to the point where it is basically random. Our damage range (isabelle discord)was from around 14-19%?
Damage Document (Shoutouts to Lath#5200 and Isachu / Spexx#6391)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16e6P2A-facXTTO_DHyiZu6KOlDC2YOnlF2W2VDlKZow/edit#gid=0

Yeah basically all I'm saying is that rod damage is stupid to calculate and really should be taken with a grain of salt until we somehow actually figure out a consistent way to compare 1.1 and 1.2 rods.

Polonoid

Smash Rookie
99.9% sure that training mode does not apply 1v1 no items damage buffs.
I just went into training mode as PAC-MAN and jabbed Isabelle for 2.4%, then went into the pause menu to spawn a second player and the damage for jab changed to 2.0%, so training mode does indeed seem to have the multiplier.

J0eyboi

Smash Ace
Has anyone tested whether or not training mode is still 3 frames off yet?

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
Guys, Training mode DOES have the 1v1 multiplier. If you want to turn it off, set amount of CPUs to 2. It also does not have move staling.

Young Link's fire arrow base damage is 4.0 uncharged and 12.0 in patch 1.1. Base damage means no freshness bonus or 1v1 multiplier.

Pac-Man has always reacted to a missed grab. Ever since the E3 demo.

Isabelle's Side B damage is...weird. I get different damage values on Rod Fthrow every time. Between 16 and 19 with no 1v1 multiplier.

Last edited:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Keep staling in mind. Staling applies in training in this game it seems. I tested this prior to updating and was able to get that number reliably on the way out. The retracting grab has even stronger throws damagewise but iunno stats on that.
Isabelle's rod range is extremely inconsistent to the point where it is basically random. Our damage range (isabelle discord)was from around 14-19%?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16e6P2A-facXTTO_DHyiZu6KOlDC2YOnlF2W2VDlKZow/edit#gid=0

Yeah basically all I'm saying is that rod damage is stupid to calculate and really should be taken with a grain of salt until we somehow actually figure out a consistent way to compare 1.1 and 1.2 rods.
Staling is actually an option you can turn on/off in training mode this time, I have it off. Isabelle's damage on fishing rod throws seem to be unchanged, but with how inconsistent they are, it's hard to say for sure I suppose.

Untouch

Smash Master
Can someone test FoD lag in a 1v1? The clip shown is 4 ICs but that doesn't pertain to singles.
Is there a way to upload videos off of the switch yet? I can get a video, but my computer doesn't have a miniSD slot.

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
Isabelle's Side B damage is...weird. I get different damage values on Rod Fthrow every time. Between 16 and 19 with no 1v1 multiplier.
I think it has to do with the distance and whether or not your opponent is between you and the bait. I consistently get around 20% when I do the latter, whereas I get like 18% and 17% if I just side b normally.

mtlerner42

Smash Rookie
Can someone test FoD lag in a 1v1? The clip shown is 4 ICs but that doesn't pertain to singles.
It still does have some degree of lag. Testing in ICs dittos, hitting the AI with a charged F-smash causes a slightly lesser degree of frame dips. I can try to take a video with my phone if you want,, but I don't have a way to export a switch video yet.

I'm not noticing any drops when it whiffs, just when it hits the opponent on the water.

Last edited:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Is the Pac-Man expressions thing just the slight frown he makes when he misses a grab? Because that is 100% in 1.1, unless it was changed in some way.

Gamehowitzer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamehowitzer
3DS FC
5327-1431-1627
I think they reduced they duration and ending lag of kirby N-air, possibly also made his fast fall speed or movement speed faster, possibly changed his weight.
They fixed the witch time glitch on Ice climbers, popo and nana both have their own timer now.

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
Is there a way to upload videos off of the switch yet? I can get a video, but my computer doesn't have a miniSD slot.
I'm not sure if there is. You could record 60fps off a phone if your's can do that.

Last edited:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
CSS hand moves faster
I really hope this is true, could you try and get some numbers for how fast? Try and time it going from left to right across the whole screen. It takes about 1.6 seconds in 1.1.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I really hope this is true, could you try and get some numbers for how fast? Try and time it going from left to right across the whole screen. It takes about 1.6 seconds in 1.1.
Just tested it and got 1.59 seconds on my first try, probably placebo.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo

More testing shows that the longer the buoy is out (before capping the damage) the more damage the throw does, even after it hits the ground. That would explain it - it's a floating point style move kinda like Brawl had stuff like Sonic homing attack and etc.

Point blank doesn't require any fancy math because its going to grab frame 1 so the damage increase over time will never even apply. Notably we got a 0.7% damage difference in both examples (including point blank) so I can absolutely say with confidence that's what's goin' on here. -0.7%.

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
How many of these are merely bug fixes? Like can anyone replicate those weird Olimar grab bugs?

AceTechHD

Smash Cadet
NNID
AceTechHD
Just tried 1.2 with a Cube controller and it seems the input delay has been reduced. Can't say for sure, could just be placebo.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
RIP faster cursor dream. Does anyone wanna try and test kirby for what Gamehowitzer Gamehowitzer is saying? If nair is faster Kirby probably won't have a star pop out on a short hop nair. He gets nair landing lag on short hop in 1.1, not normal landing lag.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
  • The fighters that had specific adjustments and changes are the below
Link, Donkey Kong, Kirby, Luigi, Ice Climbers, Young Link, Olimar, Toon Link, Villager, Greninja...
Oh God, its starting!!

I'm interested that all three Links are on this list, and that out of all the heavyweights, its Donkey Kong? Only Donkey Kong?

Last edited:

Camc10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cam10_84
3DS FC
3625-9535-8650
Pacman already makes a sad expression when he misses. Did they change it?
From what i hear, they made it so that he always makes that face when he misses a grab, while in 1.1, it was inconsistent if he did or not.

mjmannella

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
6515-6020-5729

Gamehowitzer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamehowitzer
3DS FC
5327-1431-1627
RIP faster cursor dream. Does anyone wanna try and test kirby for what Gamehowitzer Gamehowitzer is saying? If nair is faster Kirby probably won't have a star pop out on a short hop nair. He gets nair landing lag on short hop in 1.1, not normal landing lag.
i mean midair and how long it lasts. Not landing lag, i said end lag which is when the move runs its course right? i mentioned this because i know if you used it offstage before you were really likely to die. it seemed shorter but maybe i'm projecting fom smash 4.

Last edited:

LGameTales

Smash Cadet
I'm not confident anybody can lab Isabelle's Side B yet

Its damage is very erratic. It is based on exact distance to the enemy and seems to oscillate between a min and max too rapidly to be predictable. Even us on the Isabelle Discord do not know exactly how it works yet, but we will know soon enough if there are any changes.

I'll post what we find when our competent labbers get the time.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
From what i hear, they made it so that he always makes that face when he misses a grab, while in 1.1, it was inconsistent if he did or not.
Just did a couple minutes of grabs with Pac Man on 1.1. Testing all three grabs. He made the face every time without fail.

Olo

Smash Cadet
i mean midair and how long it lasts. Not landing lag, i said end lag which is when the move runs its course right? i mentioned this because i know if you used it offstage before you were really likely to die. it seemed shorter but maybe i'm projecting fom smash 4.
The ending lag is the same as far as I can tell. Just tested it with my non-updated copy and my friend's updated copy.

Jakerro

Smash Rookie
Keep staling in mind. Staling applies in training in this game it seems. I tested this prior to updating and was able to get that number reliably on the way out. The retracting grab has even stronger throws damagewise but iunno stats on that.
In version 1.1.0, with the rod automatically retracting itself, it does 16.8. If it retracts by the button as soon as the rod touches the ground, it deals at most 20.4. This is with the forward throw from the rod

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Changes have been confirmed for:
Donkey Kong, Link, Kirby, Luigi, Ice Climbers, Young Link, Olimar, Toon Link, Villager, Greninja, Pac-Man, Duck Hunt, Isabelle
About a week before the game launched someone discovered the Freeze Glitch was still around so I'm heavily leaning towards that being the change to those 2.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294

BeatMax Sakuraba

Smash Cadet
NNID
Neku2012
3DS FC
3093-7612-8482
Doing some testing with a friend.

Young Link's arrows definitely got their damage nerfed. Did around 16% now at full charge.
In addition, the angle the arrows launch has been changed.

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
Kirby nair is unchanged. However can someone test how fast side b charges on 1.1? I really don't remember it catching fire that fast.

Edit: NEVERMIND Hammer is the same speed.

Last edited:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Just did a couple minutes of grabs with Pac Man on 1.1. Testing all three grabs. He made the face every time without fail.
I didn't do as much testing as you, but I can confirm he did it every time of the 20-30 times I whiffed it in 1.1.

Top Bottom