• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official v1.2.0 Patch Discussion Thread

Jakerro

Smash Rookie
If DK had any changes to damage, I have the damage from his specials pre-patch. Neutral B fully charged does 33.6%. Side B does 12.0% and has the target trapped in the ground for about 2 seconds. Up B does a total of 19.2%. Lastly, Down B does 16.8%.

ilLiusion

Smash Rookie
Im not aware what makes greninjas uair send downwards but it seems more probable to now.
Let me know!
If u catch someone in falling uair, the drag effect from the multi hit is quite significant, was sometimes called “spiking uair” in smash 4

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
OK, just downloaded 1.20 and confirm 2 various things:

-The Color Change lag bug is still there. Bummer.
-Yoshi's Story still spawns food, which confirms it's not a bug but an in-game hazard added to the stage. Hazardless removes the Shyguys along with Randall. due to this Yoshi's Story can pretty much just be classed as a BF Variant akin to Midgar since it's only legal with Hazards off.

FroakieSLA

Smash Rookie
If DK had any changes to damage, I have the damage from his specials pre-patch. Neutral B fully charged does 33.6%. Side B does 12.0% and has the target trapped in the ground for about 2 seconds. Up B does a total of 19.2%. Lastly, Down B does 16.8%.
Just tried these, all damage values are the same

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
So, one of the things that really was broken for DK was his cargo throw. If you got to around 90% and got grabbed by DK, he can carry you off stage, throw you to the blastzone and get back easily to the stage. You couldn't mash out of the cargo throw. Can anyone confirm if they fixed this?

Olo

Smash Cadet
Went through Kirby's moves. The damages seem exactly the same. His fall speed and ground speed seem the same. There must be some frame data or subtle knockback changes.

Geras

Smash Rookie
NNID
GerassN
Here's the thing with the CSS cursor:

In previous versions, acceleration would be very slow if you didn't tap the stick very quickly. Speed itself didn't change, but the acceleration requires much less stick force.

Kraken8888

Smash Rookie
I just went into training mode as PAC-MAN and jabbed Isabelle for 2.4%, then went into the pause menu to spawn a second player and the damage for jab changed to 2.0%, so training mode does indeed seem to have the multiplier.
stale

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Here's the thing with the CSS cursor:

In previous versions, acceleration would be very slow if you didn't tap the stick very quickly. Speed itself didn't change, but the acceleration requires much less stick force.
sakurai you coward just make the cursor faster >:(

you just gonna ignore the "training mode" part of that post?

Last edited:

Jakerro

Smash Rookie
So, one of the things that really was broken for DK was his cargo throw. If you got to around 90% and got grabbed by DK, he can carry you off stage, throw you to the blastzone and get back easily to the stage. You couldn't mash out of the cargo throw. Can anyone confirm if they fixed this?
You could get out of the cargo throw since 1.1.0, you just had to mash the buttons to get out of it, so it hasn't been broken

Last edited:

Zamazardde

Smash Rookie
Pac-Man running grab and pivot grab animation change was removed from the official change list for some reason. That was definitely a legit bug fix though.

dogass

Smash Rookie
Testing Duck Hunt at the moment. Only thing I'm seeing as far as changes is down-air damage nerfed from 18% to 15.3%.

It looks like in 1.1 down-air combo goes from 6% on the first hit to 18% on the second hit while in 1.2 its 5.1% to 15.3%

That's all I'm finding for him at the moment.

xzx

Smash Lord
Young Link's arrows have changed for sure: before, the arrows sent you straight up, but now, they send you up and a little away.

J0eyboi

Smash Ace
Testing Duck Hunt at the moment. Only thing I'm seeing as far as changes is down-air damage nerfed from 18% to 15.3%.

It looks like in 1.1 down-air combo goes from 6% on the first hit to 18% on the second hit while in 1.2 its 5.1% to 15.3%

That's just the short hop multiplier

Dogmaster

Smash Cadet
Can someone check the trajectory on the link's projectiles? What im hearing is that it is now harder to combo since it sends them away

SuperArtCancel

Smash Rookie
NNID
shoryukens
3DS FC
1607-2675-9297
I'm still on version 1.1.0 if anyone wants to corroborate something with me.

Last edited:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865

I can confirm that it did 18% total in 1.1. First hit is 6%, second hit is 12%. That's a nerf to down-air for sure.

Young Link's arrows have changed for sure: before, the arrows sent you straight up, but now, they send you up and a little away.
Define "up and a little away," because in 1.1 they DO NOT send DIRECTLY upward, they send at about an 80 degree angle. Straight up would be 90 degrees.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
You could get out of the cargo throw since 1.1.0, you just had to mash the buttons to get out of it, so it hasn't been broken
I swear to you, I mashed like crazy and I never escaped. I think there's a threshold of how much mashing you should do depending on %
And I guarantee you, DK gets way too many kills this way. I don't think it's fair to mash like I'm playing Melee insanely to get out of cargo at 100%

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Pac-Man running grab and pivot grab animation change was removed from the official change list for some reason. That was definitely a legit bug fix though.
As Zapp said, he tried recreating the scenario in 1.1 and Pac Man was still getting facial expression consistently.
So, in the footage in the tweet, there were some weird circumstances that caused him to not make the face, and we can't know how to recreate it, thus we can't know if that particular instance was fixed.

Spexx

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-3149-5152-0626
More testing shows that the longer the buoy is out (before capping the damage) the more damage the throw does, even after it hits the ground. That would explain it - it's a floating point style move kinda like Brawl had stuff like Sonic homing attack and etc.

Point blank doesn't require any fancy math because its going to grab frame 1 so the damage increase over time will never even apply. Notably we got a 0.7% damage difference in both examples (including point blank) so I can absolutely say with confidence that's what's goin' on here. -0.7%.
This is wrong

First of all, grabbing with the first frame possible of rod can result in different damages.

Rod is very inconsistent. At each distance from the opponent, you can go forward a few pixels and get more damage then move forward a few more and get less. It is distance based but it's so inconsistent that it's practically random. We've done extensive testing and found that this is true, as can be seen in this spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16e6P2A-facXTTO_DHyiZu6KOlDC2YOnlF2W2VDlKZow/edit#gid=0

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying this is just blatant misinformation (if I am please tell me)

Jakerro

Smash Rookie
I swear to you, I mashed like crazy and I never escaped. I think there's a threshold of how much mashing you should do depending on %
And I guarantee you, DK gets way too many kills this way. I don't think it's fair to mash like I'm playing Melee insanely to get out of cargo at 100%
I just tested it with a friend on 1.1.0 and you can get out of cargo even at 100%, it just takes some slightly fast button pressing.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
You might be mashing wrong. That sounds stupid, but mashing too many things can actually make you worse off. There's a Beefy Smash Dudes video on it, assuming it's the same in Ultimate.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
According to several guys in the Kirby Discord, Kirby only received Pac-Man's neutral-B changes, and didn't get anything noteworthy, himself.

Gamehowitzer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamehowitzer
3DS FC
5327-1431-1627
ok you know what i think they fixed kirby being able or not being able to inhale things
like simons axe at the top of its arc

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I wonder if this was a part of the adjustments to Pac-Man if other stuff hasn't been found for him or specifically for him like how people interact with him.

Someone who can read and actually translate Japanese would be better at explaining what's happening. Google Translate gives me this: "I found a good bug in Kusso. At the same time as Pac-Man begins to advance at the side b, effects are supposed to follow the side b at all times by cutting the food at the same time. I used it again and it went back. It looks like F91 and it's cool". Essentially, it's a visual bug.

ROB wasn't listed nor were the Marthlings, but this could fall under general gameplay changes that could have been fixed. Hopefully, because this is really weird and kind of dumb.

Last edited:

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
Went through Kirby's moves. The damages seem exactly the same. His fall speed and ground speed seem the same. There must be some frame data or subtle knockback changes.
The only thing I can think from here is a change to one of the copy abilities, which might just tie into Pac-Man's neutral B change.

Top Bottom