• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official v1.2.0 Patch Discussion Thread

verbatim

Smash Ace
As Zapp said, he tried recreating the scenario in 1.1 and Pac Man was still getting facial expression consistently.
So, in the footage in the tweet, there were some weird circumstances that caused him to not make the face, and we can't know how to recreate it, thus we can't know if that particular instance was fixed.

the original footage was in 1.0, it's possible the 1.1 patch fixed it. Either way's clearly not something that changed from 1.1 -> 1.2.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
I need someone with the game unpatched to test Kirby's FAF on Nair, as it seems to be 63 frames, while I remember someone in the past saying it was like 68 or 69.

I need to know if this was a new buff or just more placebo ;_;
It's 63 FAF in 1.1. And it was 73 in Smash 4. So not a change made today.

Hyperom

Smash Rookie
After much testing in the Young link discord, we can't find anything different

FSK

Smash Ace
I never heard that Young and Toon Link were able to do it too. Was it some sort of universal change to how all the bombs work?
It might be for items in general that could bounce of opponents/shields to be recaught. Don't have 1.1 anymore so I can't test.

FST|Sparkz

Smash Rookie
Yeah young link discord can’t find anything changed at all just presuming it’s a glitch correlating to bombs.

Gekkouga

Smash Cadet
Is it confirmed that Greninja got damage/lag changes? Because I was thinking they probably just fixed its screen KO animation which was glitched on release:

Skytoon

Smash Rookie
Is it confirmed that Greninja got damage/lag changes? Because I was thinking they probably just fixed its screen KO animation which was glitched on release:

We're discussing it right now in the Greninja Discord, still unsure if anything has changed damage wise

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
While I'm not ready to fully call it; it's safe to assume from here this is all bug and graphical fixes.

zakzedd

Smash Rookie
NNID
zakzedd
just a reminder to check final smashes since I've seen no one mention them so far
super unlikely they've changed but just being safe

Last edited:

Struggleton

Smash Rookie
NNID
NinZeldaGmr
Switch FC
SW-3009-1455-5614
So far, the only thing we've found for Luigi is that the final expression for UpTaunt is now different (Replaces the anguish version with a more Smash 4-like one.)

Last edited:

Hawkeyes11

Smash Rookie
Correct me if I’m wrong, but did Luigi’s dash attack hit multiple times or no?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
"I found an inconsequential bug. If Pac-Man begins advancing with his Side B just as the pellet is hit, the original intended trailing effect from Side B will continuously come out. When I used side B once more, it returned to normal.
It's like an F91. Cool, yeah?"
Thanks. That makes more sense than what Google Translate gives.

Looks like this is unchanged.
Which one? I'm going to assume the ROB bug is unchanged, but perhaps not the Pac-Man one.

SoraX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RickyX
3DS FC
2750-1160-0582
Young Link can only have two bombs out at a time now, and I’m pretty sure he used to be able to have more (I think I remember dropping a bomb on each platform at Batttlefield one time, but I could be wrong).

Last edited:

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
Young Link can only have two bombs out at a time now, and I’m pretty sure he used to be able to have more (I think I remember dropping a bomb on each platform at Batttlefield one time, but I could be wrong).
He definitely only had 2 bombs in 1.1

Last edited:

Scribe

Sing, sing for ourselves alone.
Writing Team
NNID
KipShades
3DS FC
5241-1937-7022
A friend of mine is reporting that Kirby might have a slight weight increase (based on what percent Luigi's sweetspot up-B kills at), but I kinda have my doubts on this. Can someone run a test comparing it between the two versions?

ProfTrumanchez

Smash Cadet
NNID
ProfTrumanchez
3DS FC
0731-4753-9860
If you boys need any lemonade or cookies while you're labbing, just say the word and I'll email you a delicious-looking png. Keep up the good work!

dogass

Smash Rookie
I've tried what I can with Duck Hunt. I just finished checking victory animations, final smash animation/damage and any visual details. My guess is there was a bug fix and nothing visual, but I haven't heard of any bugs with Duck Hunt in 1.1. If anybody knows one, feel free to mention it. That's my best guess.

NGW

Smash Cadet
No idea if it's placebo or what, but could someone test the knockback on Duck Hunt's can? Played against a level 8 Luigi on clocktower and it took until near 200% to KO with it.

dogass

Smash Rookie
No idea if it's placebo or what, but could someone test the knockback on Duck Hunt's can? Played against a level 8 Luigi on clocktower and it took until near 200% to KO with it.
Can looked exactly the same in knockback when I tested it earlier. I'll try testing it again.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
My best guess is this is just bug fixes on a whole for those characters.

Wish they would post them in full but telling us the characters helps I suppose.

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
My best guess is this is just bug fixes on a whole for those characters.

Wish they would post them in full but telling us the characters helps I suppose.
Imagine having to go through all 74 characters as apposed to just 13. I'd say it was courteous of them to tell us which ones were affected.

LGameTales

Smash Cadet
Hi everyone! I am one of the labbers in the Isabelle Discord. We appreciate the input everyone has given about Isabelle's Side B. We have tested all of it between both versions.

Isabelle's Side B is completely unchanged.

Here is a spreadsheet I made during 1.1.0:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16e6P2A-facXTTO_DHyiZu6KOlDC2YOnlF2W2VDlKZow/edit?usp=sharing

I have retested all of the damages at all of the same (specific) scenarios and they are the same in 1.2.0.

I took screenshots of all throws at 100% in 1.1.0 in training mode, and then I tested all of the throws again in 1.2.0, and the enemy (with no DI) is sent to the exact same training mode squares when hitstun ends. Rod's angles are unchanged.

I tested Rod's kill percentages standing at the same position of FD in both versions.

Methodology: Go into training mode, select FD, select Isabelle as P1 and Mario as P2, increase number of CPUs to 2, change speed to "1 Frame" (so there is no movement when using Side B), reset, smash-throw Rod at the CPU on the left, and see when it kills. (The CPU is set to "Stop". Make sure each throw does consistent damage in all trials.)

Rod FThrow (15.3%) 146%
Rod BThrow (12.3%) 292%
Rod UThrow (13.3%) 143%
Rod DThrow (2.3, 9.8; 12.2%) 278%

They are the same in both versions. Rod's knockback is unchanged.

Last edited:

Struggleton

Smash Rookie
NNID
NinZeldaGmr
Switch FC
SW-3009-1455-5614
A friend of mine is reporting that Kirby might have a slight weight increase (based on what percent Luigi's sweetspot up-B kills at), but I kinda have my doubts on this. Can someone run a test comparing it between the two versions?
Tested and Luigi's Up-B kills at the exact same percent it did before the patch (~43%) after the patch.

Last edited:

Caiahar

Smash Rookie
Hm, I wonder if Isabelle’s change might just have been a bug with how her side B interacts with stuff or some specific fighter or circumstances.

Gunkster

Smash Rookie
Hi, I'm maybe a dumb dumb boy but I was playing around with Luigi in Training and for the life of me couldn't get Luigi's taunt to meteor on ledge. It's possible I'm doing it wrong, but I thought it worth mentioning.

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
Hi, I'm maybe a dumb dumb boy but I was playing around with Luigi in Training and for the life of me couldn't get Luigi's taunt to meteor on ledge. It's possible I'm doing it wrong, but I thought it worth mentioning.
I know that meteor taunt exists because it was shown in Luigi's clip on the smash website. It's not something they'd ever remove. You must be doing it when the opponent has invincibility on the edge which is why they aren't getting KO'd.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I know I'm a little late, but Pac's missing facial animations definitely seems to only have been a 1.0.0 thing, as it works for me consistently

Top Bottom