• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official v1.2.0 Patch Discussion Thread

Gunkster

Smash Rookie
I know that meteor taunt exists because it was shown in Luigi's clip on the smash website. It's not something they'd ever remove. You must be doing it when the opponent has invincibility on the edge which is why they aren't getting KO'd.
It's possible! I'd prefer someone who knows what they're doing check this, besides me :p I've seen it done pre-patch so it's obviously in the game.

Struggleton

Smash Rookie
NNID
NinZeldaGmr
Switch FC
SW-3009-1455-5614
Hi, I'm maybe a dumb dumb boy but I was playing around with Luigi in Training and for the life of me couldn't get Luigi's taunt to meteor on ledge. It's possible I'm doing it wrong, but I thought it worth mentioning.
It still works. At 0% the opponent gets a lot of of invincibility while on the ledge so that might've been it

Last edited:

ZomB_99

Smash Rookie
DK- forward tilt now does 1.2% more percent and if you angle it up or down it does 1.3% more percent. Previously it did 8.8% and 10.0% angled up or down. It now does 10% and 11.3% angled up or down.

Blue Banana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
2ndDerivative
3DS FC
4038-6328-0283
As of the testing in the Olimar discord he is unchanged. This makes us believe it was the bug fix for him freezing opponents and when he got stuck to Corrin. Unfortunately we have no idea how to reliably reproduce those for testing.
Hey, just popping in to say what I've got as I did some impromptu testing on the Discord server:
- Base damage values for smashes, aerials, and throws seem to be unchanged. For that matter, the color-specific damage multipliers for those also seem to be the same.
- Aerials and smashes are still disjoints and items/projectiles, respectively.
- Values for damage per tick for Pikmin Throw with red/blue/yellow and white are unchanged.
- The landing lag values that Tikao posted are the same as pre-patch.
- FAFs for Up Smash and Pikmin Order are the same as pre-patch.
- I have tested standing, dash, and pivot grabs with 3 pikmin, and they all have the same FAFs pre-patch. I'm assuming that all the other grab FAFs with less Pikmin are the same.

I'm planning to test more when I have the time, but so far I believe that nothing has changed for Olimar gameplay-wise.

Mrmrhi

Smash Rookie
It seems that they nerfed Isabelle's N-Air, it was very spammable using shorthop > N-Air > fastfall > repeat. I think it now has a short buffer period, as it seems much less spammable now.

Fooza

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone, new guy here. So does anyone have any info about Luigi? I forgot to analyze his moves from 1.1 since I wasn't expecting the update to come out today. Thanks

SmolFry

Smash Cadet
NNID
codyfofficial
I’m assuming the patch to TL YL and Link were a fix for all of their bombs maybe having the same vulnerability to do the bomb glitch, but only link could naturally produce it so it’s a bit harder to say if the same patch applies to TL/YL

ManyFlamesAway

Smash Rookie
With Link, I believe that you used to be able to throw and catch his bomb quickly at close range, doing so repeatedly before 1.2, and now instead you just hit it if you try to go too fast.

Rayness

Smash Rookie
Ice climbers desync way easier and ive had some wierd stuff happen with nana. One point she died and then I gor hit off stage and she respawed by herself...

Mettie7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mettie7
3DS FC
2191-8121-7929
Isabelle has a multijab now instead of just a single hit. Doesn't have a finisher but you can hold it in now.

Last edited:

Mettie7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mettie7
3DS FC
2191-8121-7929
Ice climbers desync way easier and ive had some wierd stuff happen with nana. One point she died and then I gor hit off stage and she respawed by herself...
That was happening prepatch unfortunately too.

Gundam9a

Smash Rookie
Were young links arrows a true combo pre-patch at close to medium range? Or am i losing my mind? Because they dont seem to be now

Last edited:

Lonky

Smash Rookie
NNID
ThaLegundOfLonk
Isabelle has a multijab now instead of just a single hit. Doesn't have a finisher but you can hold it in now.
Are you sure about this? I'll test it but it seems such a big, odd and unneeded change

Just tested, this doesn't seem to be real

JagerDagger

Smash Rookie
Here's what I found about Isabelle in training mode in 1.1.0 vs 1.2.0

www.imgur.com/FplaVW4

It might not be completely correct but I tried my best. Underlined things I am confident in, not underlined were too inconsistent to conclude.
I'm testing all of these in practice and none of them seem to be true? On the title screen I'm on 1.2.0, do you have stale moves on, I am very confused.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Yoshi's Island food glitch is still present.
Looks like Fountain of Dreams still lags but I can't tell just by looking.
Lylat seems to still have that Kirby glitch.

That's 0/3. They fixed none of the stage glitches!
That's too bad. I really like Yoshi's Story and FoD as stages myself :(

Doomguy46

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone here attempted to look at framedata?
Edit: NVM, just not a whole lot of it, we need to find knockback values and framedata, which is really only reliable from dataminers.

Last edited:

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Does anyone had access to the code? Much easier to see the changes from the code than testing move by move, a lot of variables could be changed for each move...
I helped a bit back then, I could do the same if the variables and language still the same.

HeroAndy

Smash Rookie
Did Isabelle's up-tilt always do 9.6% fresh? I remember it being around 10%, but I might be thinking of forward tilt.

Sixell

Smash Cadet
Did anyone think of testing shieldstun? Didn't hear it come up at all here.

Mettie7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mettie7
3DS FC
2191-8121-7929
Are you sure about this? I'll test it but it seems such a big, odd and unneeded change

Just tested, this doesn't seem to be real
Before she only swung the hammer once, but now she continuously swings it when you hold A, I'm 100% confident on this.

SoraSquidd

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
1082-6537-3231
So the update came out yesterday, there is a list of the characters who were nerfed or buffed, Donkey Kong, Link, Kirby, Luigi, Ice Climbers, Young Link, Olimar, Toon Link, Villager, Greninja, Pac-Man, Duck Hunt, and Isabelle. So what changes were made to these fighters? (if they nerfed Isabelle and Villager imma be sad)

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
Before she only swung the hammer once, but now she continuously swings it when you hold A, I'm 100% confident on this.
I'm holding A right now on 1.1 Her jab was always persistent when you held the button. The transition to the next jab is faster than her doing any other action out of jab. The only characters where this is not the case are Ganondorf and Roy/Chrom. As well as Metaknight who is still just an immediate rapid jab.

Okay, all these damage increases by exactly 20% scream "I don't know what the 1v1 damage multiplier is". Furthermore, he cites his Dash attack as dealing seven hits total. It does not. It's five hits in this game. Also the culprit with the D-air is the shorthop multiplier. All those "new" damage multipliers are possible in 1.1.

Last edited:

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
anything with ICs that sticks out? I've been using my wife's Switch (at 1.1) and mine (at 1.2) but nothing, absolutely nothing has stuck out to me yet when it comes to their changes. Am I missing something here??

P-Kong

Smash Rookie
I'm holding A right now on 1.1 Her jab was always persistent when you held the button. The transition to the next jab is faster than her doing any other action out of jab. The only characters where this is not the case are Ganondorf and Roy/Chrom. As well as Metaknight who is still just an immediate rapid jab.

Okay, all these damage increases by exactly 20% scream "I don't know what the 1v1 damage multiplier is". Furthermore, he cites his Dash attack as dealing seven hits total. It does not. It's five hits in this game. Also the culprit with the D-air is the shorthop multiplier. All those "new" damage multipliers are possible in 1.1.
The convenient multipliers really seemed off, thanks for clarifying.
While that user had access to and dug through the files before, I suppose the parameters take longer to figure out if they are anything like in other Switch games.

Guess it's just bug fixes

dogass

Smash Rookie
No idea if it's placebo or what, but could someone test the knockback on Duck Hunt's can? Played against a level 8 Luigi on clocktower and it took until near 200% to KO with it.
Late, but after testing this again the can has the same knockback overall for the most part.

Someone in Duck Hunt discord pointed out how apparently the zapper shots would sometimes not appear. I'm currently checking when it happens in 1.1 but this could very well be the fix for Duck Hunt.

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
So far, the only thing we've found for Luigi is that the final expression for UpTaunt is now different (Replaces the anguish version with a more Smash 4-like one.)
Can anyone else confirm this?

(Also, in hindsight, I should have listed out all the multipliers that could affect damage in the OP. At least it'll be there for next time when we'll probably get more than bug fixes.)

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Tried editing these together but nothing was working so maybe someone else can slow them down and analyze better than I can:

Input lag in 1.1.0:

Input lag in 1.2.0:

This can't accurately measure the actual delay, but considering it's the exact same setup, it should be able to spot differences if any exist.

Last edited:
Top Bottom