• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official v1.2.0 Patch Discussion Thread

Lonky

Smash Rookie
NNID
ThaLegundOfLonk
Before she only swung the hammer once, but now she continuously swings it when you hold A, I'm 100% confident on this.
I'm pretty sure it always has been this way, maybe I'm wrong tho.

YOJOEHOJO

Smash Rookie
NNID
YOJOEHOJO
You mean pocket the axe? That has always been possible.
If you are sure then I'll take your word for it, but like I said: I had been playing against Simon quite heavily during 1.1.0 and it would either hit me or go directly in the neutral b animation, but not get pocketed. Meanwhile, it does get pocketed every time even if it seems like it would hit me or be a little too far from Isabelle's said special.

I mainly wanted to make sure this was brought up just in case, to be frank.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
If you are sure then I'll take your word for it, but like I said: I had been playing against Simon quite heavily during 1.1.0 and it would either hit me or go directly in the neutral b animation, but not get pocketed. Meanwhile, it does get pocketed every time even if it seems like it would hit me or be a little too far from Isabelle's said special.

I mainly wanted to make sure this was brought up just in case, to be frank.
The axe does come at a strange angle, so maybe it was missing the pocket... window... hitbox... thing.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
I'm not sure if this has been brought up but, it seems that Isabelle can now catch the neutral special of the Belmonts while as before she couldn't. I was playing around with her and Simon rather heavily before the patch and every time I tried to catch the axe it wouldn't go in, while it does now. It could be, actually, that they slightly increased the range of her neutral b since I've also noticed that Samus' range attacks get pulled in from quite far since the update.

Can anyone else attest to this?
You can pocket the axe in 1.1. I just did.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
What about the latter half of either quote where I mentioned it could be that the range of her pocket has been adjusted?
Do you have proof?

shrooby shrooby I think it should be clarified in the patch notes that the adjustment made to Villager and Isabelle is that their Final Smash cannot be interrupted on the final hit (not just after). The big deal is that interruptions before the patch prevented the victim of the Final Smash from being launched. Not just that Villager was vulnerable to being hit.

Last edited:

YOJOEHOJO

Smash Rookie
NNID
YOJOEHOJO
Do you have proof?

shrooby shrooby I think it should be clarified in the patch notes that the adjustment made to Villager and Isabelle is that their Final Smash cannot be interrupted on the final hit (not just after). The big deal is that interruptions before the patch prevented the victim of the Final Smash from being launched. Not just that Villager was vulnerable to being hit.
If I had 1.1.0 I'd test myself and record all of it, but I don't. If anyone could tell me a way to re-wind my games patch-state then I wouldn't mind that (I have the digitial copy but that shouldn't matter at this point).

Also yes, I am aware of this. The thing is though that my thoughts on this is that even if a notable thing has already been found for Isabelle there could still be more that we don't know about. Same for the other characters. After all 1.1.0 came out 2 days before the release of the game, which means the dev team had roughly a week and 2 days to find and patch anything that needed to be patched. Which, would be rather easy since everything is in an engine rather than having to tweak a bunch of individual code for days.

MiztahSparklez

Smash Rookie
Hmm I think the quick character unlock hack is gone now. I tried closing out after unlocking a new character. Doesn't prompt for new Challenger unless I do another 10 min.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
So 1.2.1 came out today, gonna take a guess and say it was made to stop the Isabelle Infinite Item glitch and call it a night.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
A buddy of mine found this change for Luigi and uploaded about it (https://youtu.be/KCJM4R2t800)
Interesting. I tried it in 1.1 and the move was pulling victims in as intended. But after more testing, I found it pushing them away occasionally. I kept doing it until I found a consistent method. I could only get it to work on an airborne opponent and when Luigi is facing away from the opponent., so set CPU behavior to Jump. If nobody can get this to happen on 1.2 then it's a bug fix. But if it's still there, then nothing has changed.

CrimsonStarfall

Smash Rookie
Interesting. I tried it in 1.1 and the move was pulling victims in as intended. But after more testing, I found it pushing them away occasionally. I kept doing it until I found a consistent method. I could only get it to work on an airborne opponent and when Luigi is facing away from the opponent., so set CPU behavior to Jump. If nobody can get this to happen on 1.2 then it's a bug fix. But if it's still there, then nothing has changed.
The pushing windbox happens when Luigi is falling and his back is turned to the opponent (Facing away), at least that's the most consistent way to get it, and basically what Elegant did to gimp the cloud.

As for what I have found, I need someone to confirm or deconfirm this, but I think the change was to Luigi's zair plunger. It used to get stuck on platforms and now it poofs out of existence.

(Before release and only footage I knew where to find it quickly, so it's not 1.1)

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
So 1.2.1 came out today, gonna take a guess and say it was made to stop the Isabelle Infinite Item glitch and call it a night.
The patch notes said all replays would still work so there would be no gameplay changes.
But so far I haven't noticed anything so...
:196:

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
The pushing windbox happens when Luigi is falling and his back is turned to the opponent (Facing away), at least that's the most consistent way to get it, and basically what Elegant did to gimp the cloud.

As for what I have found, I need someone to confirm or deconfirm this, but I think the change was to Luigi's zair plunger. It used to get stuck on platforms and now it poofs out of existence.

(Before release and only footage I knew where to find it quickly, so it's not 1.1)
So that's a yes on Luigi's Down B having a consistent push windbox?

When I shoot a plunger it hangs around for a second before disappearing. Same when I stick one to the wall. Are you telling me that's not what happens post-patch?

CrimsonStarfall

Smash Rookie
So that's a yes on Luigi's Down B having a consistent push windbox?

When I shoot a plunger it hangs around for a second before disappearing. Same when I stick one to the wall. Are you telling me that's not what happens post-patch?
It's a yes on his push windbox. Like I said, he needs to be falling and facing away from the opponent.

I think the change to plunger was specifically when shot into a platform. In the prerelease picture it just got stuck inside of the platform but in 1.2 it disappears. Easiest way to test this is to go to Battlefield and shorthop zair underneath the platform. If it disappears immediately then it wasn't changed, if it gets stuck then we found Luigi's change.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
It's a yes on his push windbox. Like I said, he needs to be falling and facing away from the opponent.

I think the change to plunger was specifically when shot into a platform. In the prerelease picture it just got stuck inside of the platform but in 1.2 it disappears. Easiest way to test this is to go to Battlefield and shorthop zair underneath the platform. If it disappears immediately then it wasn't changed, if it gets stuck then we found Luigi's change.
Nah I can't get that to happen in 1.1. So maybe it was a pre release thing

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Fountain of Dreams did not get any change.
I assume no character, stage, mechanic, or anything affecting gameplay was changed at all, since replays were not affected.
:196:

Top Bottom