• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

USA vs THE WORLD IS ON RIGHT NOW!

Luma

Smash Lord
not gonna lie, prog and dogy (esp prog) were by far the most entertaining commentators i've ever seen during the crewbattle

Charlesz

Smash Champion
Armada seemed so focused and into it the entire time, even when he wasn't playing. I wish I knew what kind of advice he was giving lol.

shoutouts to m2k and PP for laying down the law. m2k vs amsah sheik dittos were great and I want more. I think the world made a good decision putting kage in when they did. Somewhat disappointed in the non-Dogy commentary at times, but overall good. I think mango is saving his fox for armada in bracket.

:phone:
Sarcasm? Kage got ***** by Hbox lol.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Yeah but not THAT badly... I believe he would have gotten spanked worse by almost all of the others. Plus kage didn't do that bad vs hbox last time they met in bracket. His style is much different than linguini's.

I'm surprised he didn't know that Utilt doesn't kill jiggs from center stage on ys at 0%

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Well USA vs The Rest doesn't sound very nice. Makes it seem the USA is putting everyone below them. USA vs OutOfStates could be alright, but World is just faster to say and has been around long enough to be understood and accepted.
If it's difficult to name right, don't do it at all.
I didn't feel any hype for the Canada/Javi matches for example. When Europeans played, I was nervous about the outcome and wanted them to win, but for the others it was just "what is this, whose side am I on?".

Veetaak

Smash Lord
Prog needs to know when to stop with his jokes

He went too far with the "America sucks" trolling

it was kinda funny the first 5 minutes but after that he was just annoying and it was awkward

King5280

Smash Journeyman
first few minutes were funny. next hour of it i just wanted him to stfu up. he's an idiot. they hardly talked about the matches, it was obnoxious.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Yeah I'm with veetaak on this one. Even the funniest thing in the world (which this wasn't) gets old quick when you keep saying it over and over and over and over.... lol

:phone:

Acryte

Smash Ace
yea when dogy was like "U MAD" I practically **** myself hahaha

Fuss

Smash Apprentice
M2K went bacon on Leffen.

Captain Jack vs Hax was pretty hype, then PP just embarrassed him. CJ was =(

Thanos828

Smash Journeyman
How did that match go?
Armada came in to Mango's 3 stocks (Mango was using Falco, idk if the character lock thing still applied), and I believe Mango either got one or two stocks; afterwards they sent in Hbox and he basically cleaned up

Battlecow

Play to Win
mango got 2, nearly 3

I think he's right about his fox being better against armada, tho

Thanos828

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, IIRC he said on SotG that he doesn't usually go Falco against Armada because he has to play patient against Peach.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
Before we started, I went up to Dogy an said lets do this like old fashioned wrestling commentary, one guy for the "faces" one guy for the "heels." I volunteered for the trolling role and had a lot of fun doing it, probably the most fun I've had around melee in a while. It was all in jest, but it was a ton of fun. Commentary is supposed to be unbiased, so we wanted to just do the polar complete bias for each side.

Oh well.

Varist

Smash Lord
"america's pretty good at getting out of deficits right?"

that won me over. ufunnyboi

Beat!

Smash Master
I never understood the hate against prog's commentary during the crew battle. It was blatantly obvious that they had simply picked one side each to support and played their roles.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
Looking back the commentary wasn't THAT bad...
it was a mixture of meh commentary with a HORRIBLE stream chat and really behind schedule...

also
Ice, Niko, Tai, M2k, etc getting eliminated very early and making me lose hope in my ****ty character
had nothing to do with me hating apex as a whole

Beat!

Smash Master
Niko got screwed over by the pool system.

M2K ragequit

Tai almost beat Tope

Ice lost to Mango (who is Mango) and HBK (another Marth)

Y'all are losing faith in this here character too quickly.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Niko got screwed over by the pool system.

M2K ragequit

Tai almost beat Tope

Ice lost to Mango (who is Mango) and HBK (another Marth)

Y'all are losing faith in this here character too quickly.
I understand that there are special circumstances but it truly is just a bunch of excuses. Other characters faced similar problems but they still came out on top. Marth is lacking as a top character

Beat!

Smash Master
And yet Taj got 3rd at Genesis 2, and Ice got 2nd at Beast 2 (and Hack got 5th).

I think you're drawing conclusions way too quickly.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
And yet Taj got 3rd at Genesis 2, and Ice got 2nd at Beast 2 (and Hack got 5th).

I think you're drawing conclusions way too quickly.
I dont like using Taj's place at G2 as evidence of Marth still being good, because 1. he used m2 against Hax and 2. he alternated between getting 4stocked by mango and barely winning with gimps...

and the thing about Ice... well he didnt do so good at this one ... and Hack didnt even make it out of pools...

not being biased, but its pretty obvious that its harder to do well in American tourneys due to a larger selection of good players

Beat!

Smash Master
I like how you mention gimps as if they don't count when measuring how good Marth is.

And I've heard that Hack went Kirby in pools for whatever reason. I haven't seen any confirmation yet, but what I do know is that he would've most likely made bracket, had he gone Marth.

I mean come on, 1 single game won? In R1 pools? Anyone that has seen him play should understand that something wasn't right.

Ice lost to 2 Marths and Mango. How exactly does that support Marth being overrated? You don't "like" using Taj as evidence? Well, I do.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Lmao, this is some crazy talk atm. Character johning with Marth.. Unbelievable. I played him in quite a few friendlies, I was doing really good at times and others not so good.. (Because I'm horribly inconsistent with my alts lol) he has some sick juggle mix-ups and fun reads you can do with his speed and long range. Just use it wisely and you can do anything.

Beat!

Smash Master
Yeah, I actually think Marth had a pretty good representation at this tourney. Sure, no top placings, but several Marths in bracket.

Marth is a great character.

stelzig

Smash Lord
I like how you mention gimps as if they don't count when measuring how good Marth is.

And I've heard that Hack went Kirby in pools for whatever reason. I haven't seen any confirmation yet, but what I do know is that he would've most likely made bracket, had he gone Marth.

I mean come on, 1 single game won? In R1 pools? Anyone that has seen him play should understand that something wasn't right.

Ice lost to 2 Marths and Mango. How exactly does that support Marth being overrated? You don't "like" using Taj as evidence? Well, I do.
Even with kirby I kinda find hack's pool result a bit weird...

I also didn't mind the crews commentary :)

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
I dont find it weird. NTSC Kirby is slightly worse than PAL and Hack's entire playstyle revolves around roll around really hard and hope no one realizes it's punishable. It's a great way to lose against people who know what they're doing.

Beat!

Smash Master
I dont find it weird. NTSC Kirby is slightly worse than PAL and Hack's entire playstyle revolves around roll around really hard and hope no one realizes it's punishable. It's a great way to lose against people who know what they're doing.
Hi, I'm going to judge a players entire playstyle based on this one Youtube video I saw of him.

If you had ever played against Hack, you wouldn't have said that.

Hey Kage, did you guys ever MM?

Top Bottom