• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

USA vs The World at Apex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
You said it read up.

Either way this was not about traveling to the US for me its about your constant negativity.

Like I said dont want to be in crews ? dont be in it and dont come ...why waste your money

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
I think Europeans are more willing to travel to new places, while Americans generally don't care as much. And if they do travel, it's within their own country, because there's already much to see without the need to leave the American comfort.
(Kage is Canadian though, but it's "almost" America =)).

On some level Europeans and Americans are very different, sometimes I'd say as different as the Japanese are from us. It's not a 1-dimensional scale of how technologically advanced or whatever our countries are, the way people think are very different (and it varies more within Europe than America).
The American mentality that is very strong in your tournaments don't always suit others, but we just have to live with it. Learn to deal with the customs of the places you visit, even if you don't like them.

leffen

Smash Champion
^The fact that Europeans are more willing to travel is hilarious, considering how the US consists of people whose ancestors made that huge travel to the US in the first place ;D

I guess it has to do with them being able to see so much in the country tho.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I just see someone who is constantly saying how this and that is bad yet u fail to undersatnd why it is being done that way.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Wow.

It's like I'm seeing a kid tell another kid that he can no longer play in the sand at his house because the latter told the former about how getting the small shovel in the sandbox all the time sucks. I mean, you /can/ do that but that's a really ****ty move.

It seems like overall, Alex doesn't take criticism very well from the players unless enough of them complain about it.

Tbqh, tho. About the crew thing: It really reminds me of college football bowl season where like the Big 10 (season used to end in mid nov and cold weather football is asstastic) has to play vs an SEC team (where they can play the same style of football all year round) in their own back yards in January. But get called weak if they lose.

:phone:

leffen

Smash Champion
I'm sorry if I came across as constantly trying to put you down, all I intended was to try and make you understand how I (and many other) europeans felt.

If I really was that ****ty to you then I really apologise ;o

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Tbqh, tho. About the crew thing: It really reminds me of college football bowl season where like the Big 10 (season used to end in mid nov and cold weather football is asstastic) has to play vs an SEC team (where they can play the same style of football all year round) in their own back yards in January. But get called weak if they lose.
Wouldn't the easiest solution be to have two crew battles, one on NTSC and one on PAL? That way each crew has to play on the other crew's back yard. If each team wins one crew battle, then we can call it a draw for that tournament. Of course, time would be an issue, but other than that I would see it working well.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
leffen you apologize i mean really? I do not think appealing to that side of me after all teh things u said is a good idea.

Veetaak

Smash Lord
ok well watch the stream and enjoy :)
Please dont do this :/

All leffen said was that playing crews would on his part not be super enjoyable but that he is willing to do it for the greater good (the stream, smash-community as a whole etc) and that the pool system was not optimal in his opinion (Everyone can have opinions).

Other than that he said that he is super stoked about Apex because it will be amazing.

His posts might seem negative but it's all just his opinions and I don't see why you would ban him when he clearly is looking forward to this.

And I doubt that he would bring negative energy to Apex.

Also, I think I'm not alone when I say that I would like to see leffen play at Apex as a spectator. :)

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
PAL and in Europe.
The only problem with that is you can't have a tournament be in both America and Europe, while you can have both PAL and NTSC at one tournament. US people should travel more, though. I'd travel to Europe for a tournament if I were both good at Melee and had the money to do so. Unfortunately I'm not that good at melee and I don't have the money to go.

EDIT: Alright, theoretically you could have a tournament be in both America and Europe. I don't think it'd be worth it, though.

leffen

Smash Champion
I do not believe that the correct way to deal with our argument is to keep throwing bull**** at each other for all eternity, so yes, I think that its better for both of us to apologize than to stubbornly keep at it.

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
I do not believe that the correct way to deal with our argument is to keep throwing bull**** at each other for all eternity, so yes, I think that its better for both of us to apologize than to stubbornly keep at it.
wat

watwat

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
lol here is my thing

well you know what its pointless to explain :( .

Just do what you guys want IDC

Veetaak

Smash Lord
<33333

Don't let a few complaints make you think that Apex sucks.

It will be an awesome tournament and everyone loves you for putting so much work into it. :)

This thread needs more positive energy :D :)

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
What leffen is trying to say is that while the decisions you're making are good considering the circumstances, and he would probably make the same ones, you still seem to be in the American mindset that it's all good despite the compromises you have to make, and don't see how "we outsiders" feel about this crew battle.

The problem here is the way he expresses his opinions. I fully understand your urge to just ban him and be done with all this, I really do. I usually play teams with him =).

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
no they wont

I know why and its pointless to even go out of my way for people here. So they can all just do w/e.

Sad that no one will understand why I have changed so much from last year.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
no they wont

I know why and its pointless to even go out of my way for people here. So they can all just do w/e.

Sad that no one will understand why I have changed so much from last year.
I'm sure after Apex, everyone will thank you for everything you've done. The players can't understand the awesome if they haven't experienced it.

Only that there will be A LOT of johns. :awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom