• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate NY's Hyperbolic Time Training- Weeklies! First one March 20th!

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
It's been a long time coming. That's right. Weeklies. Upstate NY. They're here.

Weekly Smashfests/tournies for all of Upstate NY. I spoke to Cura, and we're both in agreement that WNY and CNY are tight enough to be considered one region. They're at our tournaments, we're at theirs, we're practically one region now.

It's time to ascend to the next level with weekly Smashfests. We're just starting to get on the map as a region, and my goal is to eventually have WNY become not just on the map, but a power region. A top region with our top 10 being able to place in national tournies, both Melee and Brawl. It's so possible, and I know everyone else wants it too. That's what's inspired me to start these training events. We're already improving, now it's just a matter of how fast we can become great, and these weeklies will push us to that level much faster.

These will be held at my apartment in Rochester on some weekends, and Cura's apartment in Syracuse on the other weekends. We'll probably take turns, but we'll start off playing it by ear to get feedback.

My apartment is surrounded by food and convenience stores, so if you end up staying from Friday till Sunday (Which some people do btw) you won't need to worry about how you're going to eat. My apartment is pretty big, and there's floor space for tons of people so spending the night on a Friday or a Saturday won't be a problem.

This will be for Melee and Brawl in case anyone is wondering. I'll be playing both games and I know other people will. Maybe some Melee players can give Brawl a chance and Brawl players can play some Melee. Either way, we need people to bring setups so everyone can play. I'm planning on using 2 rooms for this, but I'm not worried about people bringing setups, they always do.

There will be at least one recording station, if everything goes well we'll have one for each game. That's the plan.

If we have enough people, we'll do dollar tournaments or even pride tournaments. We'll do goofy random tournaments and force the good players to team with the not so good players just to see wtf happens. We'll probably order pizza and watch livestreams of tournaments we're not at on the big screen...It's just a great time to improve and grow tight as a community. Not that we're not already, but either way we definitely need to chill more anyways.

And...If anyone dares they can join me in my guilty pleasure...Mario Party.

But, we'll cross that bridge when the time comes.

When?

The official time for these will be Saturday at 6 PM. However, I'm sure people will show up early and even on Friday sometimes, and anyone can feel free to do that at least at my place. I'll be here all the time, so just give me a call if you're coming early.

If out of staters come, be prepared to have a good *** time and get practice from the area's best players.

PikaPika!
Snakeee
Cura
Jesiah (That's right)
TML
Vicious
Eevee ;)
Amber ;)
Min
And sometimes if he's feeling like a BAMF...SANNNNNNN!!!!

Jesiah's Address- 3252 Winton Road South, Henrietta New York, 14623. Phone number is 585-615-8756

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Hype this up. This is gonna help every crew in Upstate get better. No more Western/ Central division we need to start getting better as a whole and helping each other out more.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Yeah who's coming to this, start confirming so I can have an attendance list. There's gonna be a bunch of people staying the night after the tournament next weekend. Everyone and anyone is welcome to stay. I encourage it :-)

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Me and frannie are confirmed for this event. As well as 3 others who im driving. Not sure yet but im positive the car will fill up. So expect 1 car from central guaranteed.

:edit- Fest this weekend for anyone interested at my place.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=9040974#post9040974
I also included the info about these fests and will be closing my thread once theses start happening. This weekend and friday will be the last of central only fests!

Foy

Smash Champion
Yo jesse, im going to bring a tent and sleep in the corner in your living room for at least 4 to 5 months.

Sound good?

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
We have 7 people here so far tonight. Anyone else that wants awesome practice come to my place or call me. 585-615-8756

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Friday we had liked 8 people, last night between 8-10. Whoever isn't here definitely needs to be at the next one after the tourney next weekend. We had brawl and Melee setups. So much fun.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Yeah, I'd be able to come sometimes. I have spring break the week of march 20th, so it's pretty much guaranteed.

hubble

Smash Ace
I'll be at all the Jesse ones, and as many of the Syracuse ones as I can.

So pissed I missed this week's Jessefest, but its all gooood.

For anyone who hasn't been to one of Jesse's apartment smashfests, THEYRE AS LIVE AS IT GETS.

Its like smash nirvana for a weekend/day/however long you want to stay.

Mad happy we're doing weeklies, I'm open to money matches and cheap tournies for sure.

Foy

Smash Champion
Yo bros, Im at jesses house till tomorrow at some point. So somone show up and play me. Im at least 100% bettter then when i got here, but i still SD a **** ton.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Yo this weekend we had like 10 people at my fest. With a mini tournament With a tv,Rockband stickers, DS Action Replay, World of warcraft badge, 8 Bucks and a PS2 Swap Magic up for grabs to first place! Cant wait till we all get together.

Acton

Smash Journeyman
Sounds good! The ride to rochester is pretty chill so expect me to drive out there on the drop of a dime on the weekends as well. xP

I hope one day our top 10 players can be beast as well. xP Right now its only like the top 4 lol.

Dr. Grandpa

Smash Ace
yo this thing still on? I wanna come over and san should be available since hes on a break soon. let me know when ;D

altairian

Smash Lord
Okay, won't be this weekend unfortunately, but when I do get out to Jesse's for one of these...Mario Party is definitely happening. Especially if we're talking Mario Party 1. Classic, and amazing.

soma ghost

Smash Journeyman
These smash fests at Jesse's usually start Friday night? If so I could probably show up this week, sounds like a blast. Been training my balls off, gotta taste the fruits of me labor by laying the **** down on *****es. Or at least see if I've improved. . . . .

Sharky

Smash Master
hey guys I can't make it to this weekend's fest, just too much family stuff going on, being easter and all.

altairian

Smash Lord
Makes me cry that I live in Albany.
Where exactly? =)
Also what game(s) do you play?

Feel free to hit me up on aim, I'm slowly working on building up the smash scene in the albany area and I'm one of those rare smashers with a license AND a car so I can make getting together for practice and travel to tourneys happen :p

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Due to the Amount of tournament we've had of late there hasnt been that many fest.

We've had

RIT on the 10th.
MLG on the 16th.
Geneseo or Toracon on the 24th
Syracuse IFFMF on the 1st of may.

assuming the tournaments end after syracuse My fest will continue on the 8th of may. So be ready! Im also always down to smash if people are interested in doing some during the weekday. Also Fest usually at my place on fridays. So if there interested in people going to the Geneseo touranment which is the 1 i plan to attend please let me know and i can organize a fest for some last minute training!

Kantō

Smash Champion
hahah thats sounds even more awsome though. yo i wish i lived up by u guys id be chillin which ya every day

Top Bottom