• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
How much are spectator passes for those things? I never got to go to melee MLG when it was around, wanna go and hang with people or something.

SK919

Deal with it
Hi guys I'm a smasher from North Carolina and I'm visting New york (manhattan) but I'll be all over the placce. I was wondering if anything is going down next week cuz I'd like to play some new york smashers!!

Sharky

Smash Master
if you're going to manhattan then I'd recommend you go to the other NY power rankings thread. This thread's for people in not-NYC

ViciousEnd

Smash Journeyman
I think it would be sick if MLG added Melee back into their roster again. It's not like they are over booked or anything. And running both games together would only help the community even more as melee is making its come back.

Foy

Smash Champion
MLG status = newer games = more money for MLG = profit for them.

Newer games get newer people in for competition then they can change the games that dont have a large enough attendance during the next year.

AKA why halo is MLGs main event. Kids everywhere play that game and has large density in multiple areas. Unlike melee, small density in even smaller multiple areas. Even if people are willing to travel, think of it as you would have to travel +8 times in one year to multiple venues around the country. Not everyone is going to do that. \

Haven't slept in 2 days. **** you NY kids, you are trash etc.

My moonwalks are so sexy also. $1 moonwalk off money match?

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
lmaooooooo if i can test run some others ppls controllers i will totally take that. mine is whack as hell control stick is whack cant moonwalk good though i did easily a few times recently across dl64 and jump moonwalked on platform to fastfall land moonwalk reverse sticky ANOTHER moonwalk into full jump dair edgecancel edgehog

edit: then i ledgehopped reverse falcon punch

it missed he was too far out it looked slick tho of course

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
lmaooooo i'll try when i am out of work. sounds awesome. i'm going to say hell no but maybe on DL64 or possibly FoD (jump, falcon punch upward, double jump back to pillar, walljump up b to ledge) or something else like that silly somewhere. i'll def try it

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Nope! falcon punch can be used as recovery in melee. You can angle it down and up just like jigglypuffs pound. Check it out =)

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
totally did lmao xD weird. O_O

edit: can't wait to see everyone at this. I get to go on my epicly lonely car ride to rochester thinking about life. I love and cherish these memories <3

double edit: i'll be more nice to people and talk to more people than usual at this one bc i'll be at jesse's for a few days anyways so i will play with mad dif people at the tournament just please ask... no... DEMAND to play lol =) it sucks a lot going up to a tv being like "can we play?" then it doesn't happen. just be like "we're playing, i'm camping till you guys are done then getting in on this"

please everyone get at me...

smokers get at me lmfao i wanna get mad ****ty for this (the parties) oh yes

trip edit: <3 melee and NY

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Didn't know you could angle Falcon Punch

I'll play anyone who asks, but as always my main goal is to improve by playing people who are better than me. That being said, I'm looking forward to playing both Melee and Brawl.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I come up to a setup, and I say "yo I/Me and [insert other player here] got winners, were playing next"

This is extra effective when the people currently playing are on their last stock, it keeps people from sand bagging.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
I always thought it was better to call game AFTER next. Otherwise someone could just go around sniping nearly-finished games.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i dont know about other people but when he played me, he wouldnt even hit me, he would just shine my shield 3 4 and 5 times in a row, and i was just like, "yo wtf man?"

it happened so fast I couldnt even count.

Top Bottom