• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

Sharky

Smash Master
Welcome! Since dudutsai seems to have given you the rundown on Binghamton, I'll do my best for Syracuse. As far as I know for Brawl you've got me and like five others in the area who are 16-18, but don't have cars and aren't very good. There's also Sharky, but I'm not in contact with him so I don't know when he's available. 1337-0 comes here to spend time with his family too. I'll PM you some more info.

Also, I plan on trying to get some sort of monthly fest going in Syracuse eventually. I don't have a car right now, so that's kinda difficult, but I'm working on it.
I'm really not available enough for anything, anymore, and I'm only here a few more weeks. =(

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero

Inty17

Smash Journeyman

BetaBahamut

Smash Journeyman
Smash 4 is gonna be so bad that all they are gonna talk about is how bad it is. Really best case scenario is its so atrocious that nobody compares it to previous games.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I have faith in namco.

Most iterations of Tekken are very well made and incredibly balanced with a combination of straight forward attacks and high level strategies. I think its going to be great. And more importantly, its going to get more people playing the game. Cause right now, nobody even cares enough to go to events outside their own city aside from maybe Tyrant. A few people are actively trying to get better, but those people I can probably count on two hands in the entire state.

Equal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiEqual
3DS FC
2036-7236-5480
Kid, I think I might try & make it to your dustbowl tournament. If I have a couple friends from my town interested I'll drag them along too. But they're worse than I am..

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
What/where exactly do you mean by 'my town'?

And it doesn't matter how bad you are, because playing with other people is how you get better. Not to mention the fact that the experience of coming and enjoying the tournament atmosphere is totally worth coming for even if you go 2 set and out in the actual tournament matches.

Equal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiEqual
3DS FC
2036-7236-5480
Haha, my town (Norwich) is really small and insignificant & has no smash players at all, I really just mean my close friends who I coax into playing casually. So far two are interested which is good!

I agree completely, I'm a very competitive gamer & I love watching competitive games, sounds great to me already!

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
just looked you up. Looks like youre not even an hour away from the venue. It will definitely be worth your time and energy to get yourself and anybody else you can round up with you to come out!

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Who is trying to travel for some smash this summer?

I made a full comprehensive list of all the tournaments that are going down this summer that we can feasibly go to. I need to know if anybody is trying to do some traveling.

I made this list for me and Neil primarily so its listed as it relates to Brawl, and Marvel 3. But its safe to assume that everything on this list sans EVO that lists Brawl will also have a Melee event and everything that lists Marvel, will also have a Street Fighter event.

may 18th, 2 days. East Coast Throwdown New Jersey (marvel)
May 25th. 2 days. UFGT, Chicago. Pandamonium, Rochester. (marvel)
june 1st. Zenith, Jersey. (Melee focused. Also, is a Road to EVO event.). Also, Michigan masters, 1 day (Regional), Detroit (Marvel and Brawl)
June 8th. Dustbowl Syracuse.
June 15th. Impulse, 2 days, Toronto (Brawl and melee.) GUTS, Boston, 2 days (Marvel and Brawl and Melee.)
June 22nd. Bar Battles, Philadephia, 1 day (Marvel
June 29th. Pandamonium, Rochester. CEO, 2 days, Orlando
July 6th. KTAR 7, 1 day, Jersey (Brawl)
July 13th. EVO in Vegas
July 20th. Nothing currently on schedule.
July 27th Pandamonium, Rochester
August 3rd. SKTAR 2, Jersey, 2 days (Brawl focus)
August 10th. No tournaments on schedule
August 17th. Summer Jam, Philly, 2 days. (Marvel)
August 24th. Smashachusetts, Boston, 1 day (Brawl)
August 31st. Pandamonium, Rochester
September 7th. No tournaments on schedule.
September 14th. The Fall Classic, North Carolina, 2 days (Marvel)

Im not going to all of these, these are just all of our options for tournaments that we would feasibly be able to or want to go to

Also, if you guys look up Pandamonium: Exodus on FB, thats teh monthly tournament series that Amber and myself are running along with 2 other people. And the games that we will be running there are up for votes, so if you guys want smash there, we can do that. They will be going down on the last saturday of each month.

Top Bottom