• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Im going to play basketball with some of my boys, after that, ill probably stop by and stomp some melee kids. if you could, please try to be fully toked up and not needing any more and having the smoke out of steffons room or wherever you are playing by 11 pm. if at all possible

Slashy

Smash Lord
Umm RITchies is always open and has plenty of TVs, and they might bring free pizza over. They even have a setup for Melee always available.

Minic

Smash Apprentice
The problem with RITchies is that is always crowded on a friday night and no1 that doesnt live on RIT campus know how the hell to get there. And its small as hell

Slashy

Smash Lord
The problem with RITchies is that is always crowded on a friday night and no1 that doesnt live on RIT campus know how the hell to get there. And its small as hell
Smash Club moves randomly to different locations depending on the status of the fire side lounge....I can also give directions.

Foy

Smash Champion
Im going to play basketball with some of my boys, after that, ill probably stop by and stomp some melee kids. if you could, please try to be fully toked up and not needing any more and having the smoke out of steffons room or wherever you are playing by 11 pm. if at all possible
haha doubt this happened at all.

huMps

Smash Ace
Are you allergic or something? I don't smoke But as long as it's not being blown in my face it's no prob. I understand if you don't want your parents to smell it on you though. To be honest my wife has called me out before. Said I smelt like refer when I came in bed lol. She knows I don't smoke though

hubble

Smash Ace
Are you allergic or something? I don't smoke But as long as it's not being blown in my face it's no prob. I understand if you don't want your parents to smell it on you though. To be honest my wife has called me out before. Said I smelt like refer when I came in bed lol. She knows I don't smoke though
:laugh:

this is awesome/hilarious

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
actually, they didnt. fifteen min. ago it was posted for 4.23.

and thats what it sold for.

bcb, stuff like that usually only happens on big ticket and high profile items, nobodys gonna fight that dirty over a video game controller for a system that isnt even made anymore.

ViciousEnd

Smash Journeyman
I'd only buy a gamecube controller on ebay if it were black and yellow black and yellow. -SnowMan

PoofyHair

Smash Journeyman
It was nice to see the apartment crowd again ^^

When do I need to sign up for pound by?

ps: good **** snowman.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
by the 11th.

but you dont have a ride. IF I can get my moms/somebody elses car, mine is full with me, jason, neil, sharky and I think san.

Yannick is going to and hes driving alone but youd have to suck his **** or something to get in his car, he is hellbent on driving alone and having his own hotel room.

Acton

Smash Journeyman
haha doubt this happened at all.
Yo foy we need to blaze sometime. Back when I used to play smash I was completely straight edge. . . yeah not anymore. I feel like I missed out on half of the community cause I didn't toke back then. I remember the first time I went over to Brys house to play smash, which was my first time playing with anyone ever in the community, he toked and I was kind of a ***** about it. I told him he could blaze and I didn't care but I was wicked uncomfortable about it. . . now I lol about it. xD I used to be wicked competitive about it, but after I started blazing I've been able to see how Bry also enjoyed playing smash in a non competitive way. I wish he was still around, if he was I'd blaze with him now lol.

I'd say we could blaze at AXS but since its not a private party or anything I don't think it would be appropriate. =/

But one day, I shall toke with all the rochester kids and play some smash. Even if its merlee which I'm god awful at. Maybe you guys could teach me a thing or two lol.

And to all the kids who don't toke in the community, which are quite a few of you. . . honestly marijuana isn't that big of a deal, its less serious then even alcohol and its way more convenient. No hang overs or the like. The most dangerous thing about bud is getting caught with it which is complete bull****.

Yeah I'm wicked stoned right now. xD Don't mind me.

Conclusion: Stop being a ***** goggles. Like seriously you could use some bud, your way to high strung. LOL

Foy

Smash Champion
we are actually having a conversation about how you cant change a way a person acts or reacts. so to say goggles needs to smoke is complete bs. He has his morales and the way he lives life and he will make his own decisions, which i totally respect.

I feel bad about have the apartment smokey but its our home and the way we live, it blows but its how we do it.

In that note, you guys all rock.

Acton

Smash Journeyman
Personally, after I started to toke I was able to become much more social and relaxed. It was kind of a joke about what I said about goggles lol.

I don't think it blows at all foy lol. Its your house ffs, and its just a little smoke. I think people need to chill out but thats just opinionated me. xD

<- still opinionated as ever

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
If a mod wants to delete this or infract me go ahead I guess, but do so knowing that I put a lot of time and effort into this post, and I feel it definitely provides at the least, good perspective for the community.

Regarding drugs and the topic in general:

There's so much to say about the topic, so many different perspectives and thoughts that each and every one of us could post. We could be here for hours debating, that's why I'm not going to get into the extreme details. There is only 1 thing I feel certain enough about to be able to post it publicly in front of my entire community. It's going back to the core of human essence, back beyond the social programming that we've grown up in, back beyond our use of hallucinogens thousands of years ago. It doesn't even directly have to do with drugs, but it applies. Here it is:

Whether it's drugs, driving, competitive gaming, getting straight A'is in school, starting a business, talking to girls, or ANYTHING in this life...Life is an adventure. You have the option to quite literally do anything you want. There are consequences to your actions of course, but the potential is still there.

(**** it, I'm going all out)

That being said, you're either going to choose to experience some things, or choose not to experience them.

If you choose not to participate, but decide to do all of the research on the world on the topic, that's fine. Go ahead. But the silliest thing to do would be to try and debate/argue someone who's actually experienced what you've chosen not to.

Have some respect, you're just taking away from them the knowledge, wisdom and experience they've gained from whatever it is they've done.

That's why I don't try to post and talk like I understand Melee at the highest levels. I THINK I do, but if I do, then how come I'm not placing at those levels? So I hold back what I FEEL is right, because to just go posting about it like I know it all is just a slap in the face to the people that actually are top pros. And that's just a video game where you can just watch videos and get a pretty good idea of what's going on.

With altered states of consciousness, or "drugs" there is no POSSIBLE, FEASIBLE way you can ever understand them unless you've done them and experienced them fully.

Again, everyone has their own way of living life. From that perspective, I'm perfectly fine with whatever anyone does, any actions they choose. It's cool. :)

But in my personal experiences, it's an absolute shame to rob yourself of what I consider to be the most profound experiences I've ever had in my life so far, just because you've grown up hearing they're bad. There's more to this world than meets the eye. Now drugs have a really bad reputation for various reasons.

Look, maybe it's good that they're illegal. Maybe it really is. Maybe if they weren't, they would get out of hand and our nation as a whole would...I don't know, maybe bad things would happen.

But then you read about how since the beginning of human life, the strongest connection we've had with this earth is the Human-Plant connection, and the earliest tribes ate hallucinogens which in turn led us to settle down and start building civilizations. We continued to eat what we now call "shrooms" for millions and millions of years.

Zoom out to when you were born, and flip through your life like pages of a book...1 year old, 2 years old, etc. The pages will be filled with outside influences, and in the 20-25 years you've been alive you've been conditioned by various, STRONG outside influences leading you on a path that believes "Drugs are bad. Stay away."

That's your book so far. Now we take your book and put it into a much larger book called, "The book of human civilization" and your book is now so small it barely even makes up one letter of this new, massive book. One letter in a book filled with millions of pages. I'm just saying that so you get a perspective of how short your lifespan on this earth has been compared to how long human civilization has been around.

Then you read backwards a little bit and find maybe ONE PAGE ago, out of the millions of pages, we've decided to make drugs illegal and give them a bad rep...And if you read farther back beyond that page, you'll read millions of pages where people have been using hallucinogens and other drugs to access different parts of their brain.

And then you look back at that one page that now seems so small and insignificant compared to the rest of what we've gone through as a species, seeing how the only reason you're afraid of or don't want to do drugs is because you have such a narrow perspective, you're living in the world that you've been conditioned in since birth.

I say have some perspective. Have a sense of destiny. If your life is a giant boat, be the captain and TAKE control of your life. If there's something you don't want to do for whatever reason, don't just leave it at that. Ask yourself, "What's the good and bad in this?" Do research, make friends with people who have done what you haven't.

Put your own emotions and thoughts aside and just listen to the world on a deeper level, behind the mass advertisements and commercials and all the conditioning we've been through. Talk to people on a deep level, read books about the unknown.

There's a difference between having success in the world we grew up in and have come to know as our own, and having success as a human being. Both are very important, but one has been sadly, lost over time.

The way I've been viewing it recently, most people on these boards who say drugs are bad and to not even have experienced them to understand, is basically saying this:

"In the 20-25 years I've been alive, I've gained enough knowledge from the past 200 years or so by reading and listening in school, to be able to completely oppose the rest of human civilization, who have been experimenting and experiencing drugs since the beginning of our species millions of years ago. I've gained enough knowledge in my extremely limited lifespan, by reading and listening to information that has only been developed in what is the blink of an eye compared to how long the topic has been around, and is most likely skewed information anyways for various reasons, to say to myself, "No, I don't want to experience this." "

One last thing. I don't believe that there's anybody viewing this thread that grew up with a more substance abusing mother/father than me, who completely destroyed their lives and nearly mine with heavy alcohol, marijuana, cocaine and other substances. Constantly. Day after day, with drug dealers coming in and out about twice a week.

That being said I was TERRIFIED of drugs. Anyone who even smoked cigarettes I instantly saw as corrupt, and wanted nothing to do with them.

So no one can use the excuse, "LOOK AT WHAT DRUGS DO TO PEOPLE!"

That's dumb because I've gone out there, explored and experienced what I didn't understand and what I was afraid of, and I'm sure now it's the person that determines any sort of addictiveness.

I'm not going to go around telling people not to play Smash because it's addicting LMAO. Just don't play it that much if that's what you're scared of. Same thing with drugs.

K I'm really done now LOL

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Jesse

im not going to say that you are right or that you are wrong. Im just going to bring up three examples. and hopefully that will get my point across.

1. Humans since the beginning of our existence have been being joined in marriage and using the archetype of 2 parents to raise their children until they are young enough to strike out on their own and live their own lives.

2. Some of the earliest known civilizations have used child sacrifices in their religious ceremonies.

3. Alexander the Great Im pretty sure was a homosexual. And many cultures had set precedents that included sexual relations with people of the same sex as well as young boys. As a matter of fact, even though now we use the term 'platonic relationship' to denote two people being strictly friends and nothing else, (for a reference example, me and Rob) the actual philosopher Plato was known for having young male lovers.

All three of these things are actions/traditions that humans have been doing effectively since the beginning of our existence. I think we can all agree that number 1 is an explicitly positive thing, while number 2 is explicitly negative. and depending on your frame of mind, number 3 is a shade of grey and fits in the middle somewhere.

So thats why I dont really feel that the 'people have been doing it for centuries/millenia' line of reasoning is valid for attacking or defending any action.

altairian

Smash Lord

1. Humans since the beginning of our existence have been being joined in marriage and using the archetype of 2 parents to raise their children until they are young enough to strike out on their own and live their own lives.
er...what? You're saying that cavemen performed wedding ceremonies? :p
I think you might need to re-word this one a bit, marriage is a religious concept, not a natural one.

Top Bottom