• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
just keep checking up on the thread every now and then.

alterian is the most generous, ride giving person ever.

where are you going? "abroad" is just really vague.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Gonna try to catch a bus to Syracuse tomorrow =) I want to get as warmed up as possible for Sunday.

Edit: Why are people spelling Altairian's name wrong?(irony if I did too) Did he change it?

altairian

Smash Lord
Edit: Why are people spelling Altairian's name wrong?(irony if I did too) Did he change it?
Because Goggles thinks he can make me crack. It's not happening though. (and yes you spelled it right)

And Tuna, dude. When you get back from scotland, you're teaching me to play melee, k? By then I'll probably have started practicing the basics, but I'll need good players to learn from :D
And yeah I do have a car, although the Albany/Saratoga region smashers are starting to come out of the woodwork so we're gonna need a second person with a car pretty soon if we're all gonna be traveling!
Also tell any other melee and brawl players you know to get in contact with me here or on aim, I want to start having legit fests I just need to find more people :p

TunaCasserole

Smash Journeyman
There's one other good Melee player and I think one other good Brawl player here at Skidmore, so I'll notify them of the thread (though I don't see the brawl guy very much). If I'm not completely swamped with work, I'd be up for playing next weekend at some point.

PS: Yeah, I wish I had a car :< Would love to go out to smashfests and tournaments z_z

altairian

Smash Lord
Well I'm down to play whenever I'm not working, but right now I'm a completely melee noob (like, can't even l-cancel properly noob) so I might not be very fun to play until I can get my own copy of the game and practice up for a while lol

TunaCasserole

Smash Journeyman
Well I'm down to play whenever I'm not working, but right now I'm a completely melee noob (like, can't even l-cancel properly noob) so I might not be very fun to play until I can get my own copy of the game and practice up for a while lol
Ahh. Well, we could play some brawl I guess, if not only just to meet before I go abroad. Truth be told, I don't hate brawl, but melee is just so much more fun and technical :D. Get at me on AIM later on.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Nys pr will not be updated till after syracuse most likely. Or maybe a lil later do to the lack of attendance at the onieda tournament.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
What about melee? I think data should be collected starting at the last Battle for Western New York.

If nobody else wants to do it I can and then edit it into the first post.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I've been keeping it in mind, but all my weekends are always booked and Smash isn't a top priority =x

I also like Melee way way more than Brawl.

Every tournament I run has both games, and we are very good in both as well, so none of those garbage "I play melee" johns.

We have a brawl ranking because more people play it.

But if you look at the map, we have everyone that plays smash in the state listed up there.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
goggles do you read posts in this topic or what.

can i make melee PR that starts from the last battle? bc there haven't been as many melee as brawl stuff i feel we should start there since it was the first one where the melee scene really came around anyways

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
the PR list or the map list

if the map list:
we did that already

If the PR list.
LOLOLOLOROFLROFOLROFLRLOLL
...yea right...

Sharky

Smash Master
goggles I sent you a more recent edition of the map a while back lol. ah well, I'll update it again and just send you that one.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
wait sharky
i need some changes to the map made.

1. make the legend box smaller.

2. for each dot, all I want you to put in the legend is, the city, and 3 players from that area

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: LOL!

ANGEL STEP IT UP I WANT TO SEE TOP THREEEEZ

P.S. - Jesse, start a PKMN power ranking please. :D

xxpatgxx

Smash Journeyman
Good stuff to all.

Pikapika is the man!

Cura you better get this man. lol

Foy

Smash Champion

Pyro :roymelee:/:marth:/:zelda: (Rochester) Probably the most skilled low tier player in the region, except for maybe minh's link. But still just doenst get the results (due to either his character choice or his level of techskill) necessary to make the list.

**** Whens the list reset so i can actually not **** around and get on this.

PS. my Low tiers are better. MM low tier cast battle.

Top Bottom