• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Just moved into my new apartment a few days ago! lovin it, Fest this weekend people should stop by :]

Sharky

Smash Master
I'm looking into going to Pound V right now. If we were to reserve with megabus early enough we could get a dollar ride to NYC, then another dollar ride to DC, which is only a couple miles away from the venue. That makes for a $4 round trip. Anyone else interested in this steal of a deal?

Note: it's too early to reserve right now, but I'll let people know when the time nears.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Wouldn't that take like, two days?

Also, Oktoberfest + Hard Cider = happy Yoshi. :>

Sharky

Smash Master
:yoshi: Wouldn't that take like, two days?

Also, Oktoberfest + Hard Cider = happy Yoshi. :>
actually I just took a brief look at how the times work out, you could take a bus to nyc, arrive at 10:30ishPM, and leave NYC for DC at 11PM, so it's actually really convenient

edit: I wanna be a happy yoshi too! =(

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
I'm looking into going to Pound V right now. If we were to reserve with megabus early enough we could get a dollar ride to NYC, then another dollar ride to DC, which is only a couple miles away from the venue. That makes for a $4 round trip. Anyone else interested in this steal of a deal?

Note: it's too early to reserve right now, but I'll let people know when the time nears.
Me.

Pound Vibe [No homo]. I got this.

TommyGreenShirt

Smash Journeyman
How sweet would it be to mod pictochat to took like the "Take on Me" Music video and then have the song play?

Answer: Freakin' sweet!

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
So I don't know how relevant this is to anything, but I had some kind of epiphany at EGS today while playing. I don't know how or why but suddenly **** just made sense. Like, for some reason I understood everything people were doing and responded correctly 90% of the time. It was really weird to see stuff that people have been doing vs me for a while and I just never picked up on. I actually felt like I was playing on top of my game today. Somehow I actually got into "the zone" where I was just reading everything as opposed to throwing out fsmashes that hit a lot. I'm going to devote a lot of smash time tomorrow and in the future to getting myself into this mindset and hopefully finally getting better at a game i've been throwing myself at for the past year and a half.

On a different note, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH10wZYTeN8

~Pyro~

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Shame how pyro posts the only constructive post in awhile for this thread, and it just gets baby trolled.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Pyro: I think it happens to everyone at some point. I think it just means you've made a huge step upwards. Looking forward to seeing your improvement!

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
cant wait for the syracuse weekend. smashfest in oswego the night before!!! for party harders and hardcore melee only (or anyone if you actually wanna come and have a fun time) :)

Sharky

Smash Master
vibe you missed my posts tuesday night didn't you?

edit: also in case any of you haven't noticed yet, AXS got stickied. We're in the big time, folks! =D

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
If I have classes next quarter, pound 5 is absolute no-no, it's the weekend before RIT finals. Unless my finals are like, wed-thur-fri, but that doesn't happen, lol.

But if I'm on co-op or I do have that blessed schedule!

It's on. From my house, it's not far at all to this place. Though I'm out in the suburbs, so I could only house as many people as I could drive in my car towards the location (or halfway and take the metro, whatever.)

-Await further developments.

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
If I have classes next quarter, pound 5 is absolute no-no, it's the weekend before RIT finals. Unless my finals are like, wed-thur-fri, but that doesn't happen, lol.

But if I'm on co-op or I do have that blessed schedule!

It's on. From my house, it's not far at all to this place. Though I'm out in the suburbs, so I could only house as many people as I could drive in my car towards the location (or halfway and take the metro, whatever.)

-Await further developments.
I thought Pound V was on spring break. Lol.

Top Bottom