• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate Battle Series- Next Battle: September 15th!

BetaBahamut

Smash Journeyman
I can pretty much guarantee Erk wont be here, and im 97% sure I wont be either, sorry. Still didnt all the RIT students come back this week mabye you'll get some good attendance outa them.

tiger10x

Smash Apprentice
In case none of you have noticed, I've been going on about a fall upstate NY smash circuit for a few pages in the New York State PR topic. I just posted the following stuff there about what we need to have a circuit because it needs some support from everybody. If you want to talk circuit, I recommend talking in that topic. What's bolded is important to Rochester.

Regarding circuits, I don't know if we can feasibly do one this fall. I would have preferred it being announced by now on events, but we don't have other confirmed events. I can tell you how circuit logistics can work really easily, but I'm not going to set up venues and dates for you.

I have two Brawl and Melee events. We need to confirm circuit involvement and two future dates for Rochester's Upstate Battles now during September, October and November. This shouldn't be hard because it's supposed to be a monthly. However, I recommend not having more than two circuit events to not unbalance the points distribution. Two events in Troy, two in Rochester, and one or more in the middle would make sense. I absolutely require more effective tournament management on smashboards though. It's so easy for me to post new BEST tournaments. Copy, paste, change date. Confirmed with no questions asked and people can post in the new thread without worrying about if it's going to be that date or even happening.

We also need at least one event between Troy and Rochester. It should support both Brawl and Melee. Dustbowl would be tough to arrange for this because it's only one and the circuit would ideally take some of the money from the pot and distribute it later for the championship and travel to the championship. Even if that is worked out, we'd still like an additional Melee event hopefully around Syracuse.

If you guys can plan on fitting those requirements, I can go ahead with finalizing details like where the travel stipends come from and how the ranking system works if no one else wants to help me. Then I can announce it on my events and hopefully not take it down later. I don't need absolutely final dates, but I need to know the tournaments will happen before December unless there's a different championship that isn't 10th BEST.

Regardless of a circuit, Rochester should come out to Troy for 10th BEST on December 1. I have a big and free venue, and it's months away. I don't see how I can get out-of-state to come if I can't even get you guys. I can give you big events, but you need to come to them.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=325213

huMps

Smash Ace
Jesse, keep it updated this month. This should be a good one as long as everyone knows it's happening and can plan for it.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Mike- lol i hate you...hope the new job/location is great.

jeremy- gonna see if i can get someone to scoop you dude. text me @ 585-520-8631

Everyone else- see you there at 11! Seriously can't wait

flaw

Smash Apprentice
ok, it won't be pretty but i'll try it: the streets of downtown rochester were paved with lisas and it wasn't just special effects. bam.

also - i'm hitting the lab on the fox matchup for the 50th time but i think i'm onto something now, that wavedash back is the key, lookout beta

BetaBahamut

Smash Journeyman
**** falco

lookout beta
o ****, nightro takes me down a notch and now all you falco players are acting big. Thinking your hot **** with your lazers and cc uptilt. Bring it!

also this tourny kicked *** was a ton a fun. shoutouts to come either here or in results thread if its made.

huMps

Smash Ace
Is there even going to be melee at Dustbowl? And I don't think this month's going to have a battle anyway.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
no official tournament but everyone should show up anyway, I might run a melee side event if you do. plus alucard will be there.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Hey guys, sorry for the late post but no tourney tomorrow. I work until 3 and I'm throwing a halloween party the next weekend, so no can do this month. Next month though :)

Top Bottom