• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upick Pokémafia... Game over! 2% Milk wins!

Best milk?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
This internet will be the death of me.

Have you ever heard that it's scummy to FoS somebody, rather than vote them, this early in the game, because it means you are being cautious in your moves? I'm actually pretty sure that the sang side hasn't and that, and I'm 100% positive that the J side has, which makes it even more legitimate as a scum tell. Your move?

SilphCo

Smash Rookie
No. Also, is everyone just going to ignore me or paint me as scummy because I've been silly?
Yo GBizzle what do you think of SilphCo's 89? You agreeing with the Zen scum read? You agreeing with the TSN town read? Is it cool that I call you town for now mang?
Did you not see my read flipping powers?

Posting fluff, obv scum
Vote: SilphCo
Unsure if serious...
SilphCo, why do you like RR's post I pointed out? Can you explain where your Zen vote is coming from?
Okay so like Zen's all like "useless question useless question useless question" then he's like "RR, who would you shoot if given the chance?" and then when RR slams this **** back in his face and says he'd shoot Zen, Zen responds with "Useless question." It's really odd for me that he followed up on a couple of those useless questions iirc, but when he asks something that's potentially useful and involves himself in a direct conflict, he just blatantly ignores it. It's also really odd to me that he's posted since now and he still hasn't reacted or responded, whatever, to me or RR.

Moving on, unsure what to think of gordito here. Like I'm pretty sure he's wrong here, but not sure what this means on his alignment. I guess if anything I'm siding TSN for the time being.

But I'm still voting Zen.

Have you ever heard that it's scummy to FoS somebody, rather than vote them, this early in the game, because it means you are being cautious in your moves?
Lol you are not smart. Dude, I always FoS/HoS whenever I feel like it. Plus me and Sang are both cautious voters because we dislike throwing our votes out haphazardly. Plus using FoS/HoS isn't scummy at all.

Gordito said:
I'm actually pretty sure that the sang side hasn't and that, and I'm 100% positive that the J side has, which makes it even more legitimate as a scum tell. Your move?
No it's not...?

#HBC | Gorf

Nymph said:
Lol you are not smart. Dude, I always FoS/HoS whenever I feel like it. Plus me and Sang are both cautious voters because we dislike throwing our votes out haphazardly. Plus using FoS/HoS isn't scummy at all.
Oh no! Be careful! You don't wanna lynch Vocal in the beginning of the Day when it takes 7 to lynch and you'll be the... second or first?... person on that wagon! Thank god you missed that one hot shot!

Tell me when you get how stupid you sound.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
@gord- my guess is that she didn't wanna vote on behalf of the hydra but wants to point out that she finds vocal suspicious.

Also I just wanna know why being cautious is considered scummy. It honestly doesn't make sense to me.

:phone:

Oh no! Be careful! You don't wanna lynch Vocal in the beginning of the Day when it takes 7 to lynch and you'll be the... second or first?... person on that wagon! Thank god you missed that one hot shot!

Tell me when you get how stupid you sound.
This is so easy to respond I'm actually going to step back for a sec.

Sang will get to you when she can. ^^

#HBC | Gorf

Inferno said:
@gord- my guess is that she didn't wanna vote on behalf of the hydra but wants to point out that she finds vocal suspicious.

Also I just wanna know why being cautious is considered scummy. It honestly doesn't make sense to me.
It's the beginning of the game. There's no reason for em to be cautious atm because Vocal was nowhere near being lynched, and their haphazardness with votes reasoning doesn't make any sense, because it's not like a fleet of scum are going to come from above and dogpile votes on Vocal while they're gone.

Nymph said:
This is so easy to respond I'm actually going to step back for a sec.

Sang will get to you when she can. ^^

Alright, J has told me to take care of this one so let's tango, shall we, Gord?

First of all, how in the world is an FoS in any part of the game scummy? Because it's basically saying a vote without putting the power behind it. With Vocal, there isn't enough substance from him other than targeting a newbie to call him scum, but this way, people know we are secure in our stance that we suspect him. The reason I don't just randomly vote in mafia is because I know the power that is held behind a vote. I'm not just going to say "Oh, I'm going to vote for this guy on very little reasoning. It's only one vote, what do I care?" That, in itself, is a very scummy reasoning because you aren't thinking with the town as a whole; you are thinking for yourself.

Again, you are using that fact that I am new to call us scum. The FoS was a joint decision between both J and myself. I, personally, don't see how being cautious in the beginning of the game is a scummy tell, especially in a game like this where it's moving slow and we don't have much to go off of. Please, enlighten me with your awe-inspiring words, oh grandmaster of mafia.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
What makes ya say this by the way?

Yeah...? ._.
For me, I'm using a different posting style than what Zen's seen from me in other places, which this early in a game could come across as scummy. For you, you just seem to me like the most visible with more to go off of than other players so far.

For me, I'm using a different posting style than what Zen's seen from me in other places, which this early in a game could come across as scummy. For you, you just seem to me like the most visible with more to go off of than other players so far.
But that's incredibly strange to auto-assume Zen means that he voting you. It just feels like you have a guilty concious or you expect to be lynched. Okay though I understand us because we are the most active.

Vocal, what do you think of Gord's reasoning and what vibes do you get off Inferno's recent post?

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
But that's incredibly strange to auto-assume Zen means that he voting you. It just feels like you have a guilty concious or you expect to be lynched. Okay though I understand us because we are the most active.

Vocal, what do you think of Gord's reasoning and what vibes do you get off Inferno's recent post?
*shrug* Just my guess, nothing more. I can recognize that I'm using a different playstyle than he's seen before, and if I were him that would probably raise flags.

His reasoning? Pointless. I don't think it would make a difference in anyone's book whether you had me as a vote or a FoS at this point in the game so I doubt it would be something a mafiate would even think about.

I find many of Inferno's posts incredibly hard to read, the last couple included. He's new to the format, and asking questions about common gameplay conventions is a null tell. I want more information out of him, but it's more important for other players to begin posting regularly first.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
A poet I am with heart and soul, regardless of my race
Humanity don't matter - not even a pizza is too abstruse!
My word shall be in verses of beauty, wisdom and grace
And never forget this: always ask before you accuse!

:059:
Man, I ain't feelin' no flow in this. C'mon Gheb, PF blew me away but this seems too gogdamn lengthy. >:v

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
My friend SangfroidWarrior. ^^

Unvote
Vote: Red Ryu

Can't not be a man of my word. :rolleyes:

@Mod: You are doing fiiiiine.
Unvote Vote Red Ruy

Totally not because of the other three that voted him.
Curious of the dragon of fire
splitting the malicious ends of a tight wire.

lol I love the drawings

rice milk
Could it be that you are being fooled or is it me?
I thought the Soupy voiced delightful agreement
In either case I really don't like this reaction I see
Even if you are joking it's unnecessarily vehement

:059:
Can I chalk this up to RVS or was there something more incriminating in this? Red Ruy's vote seemed very, very fitting in RVS, yet all of you just bandwagoned him for it.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Red Ruy is obviously Charizard. Asdioh played with us in DRoom UPick 1 when Ryu picked Charizard as his flavour. Hell, they were scumbuddies. Ryu had the restriction to talk with fire references all the time, and I wouldn't put it past Asdioh to give the same restriction to Ryu. So it's a null tell guys. I know some of you will look into it. So don't.
So you realize it's a null tell. Why is your vote on him?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
RR is town because he's a VT with a posting restriction.
It's a gogdamn flavor thing. It's a null tell, why are you construing it as a town tell?

Gorf is town entirely based on meta. He would be playing a safer game as scum.
You don't count Gorf's actions as "playing it safe?"

TSN is scum because, in addition to buddying everyone, he's already making excuses for his votes and being hyper defensive.
I like this though.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719

Buddying the mod, obv scum.

Posting fluff, obv scum

Giving scum free night kills, obv scum

I thought I was gonna have trouble finding the scum team..but then I ate some oranges and it was k.

For the non-LoLers: scum team locked down. Let's start takin 'em down one by one.

Vote: SilphCo
Are you also newer? THis is critical to my read of you.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
This internet will be the death of me.

Have you ever heard that it's scummy to FoS somebody, rather than vote them, this early in the game, because it means you are being cautious in your moves? I'm actually pretty sure that the sang side hasn't and that, and I'm 100% positive that the J side has, which makes it even more legitimate as a scum tell. Your move?
Did he have his vote somewhere?

Panta

Smash Cadet
Hey, guys

I am back and I will be reading over this game while I watch TV. :)

Can I chalk this up to RVS or was there something more incriminating in this? Red Ruy's vote seemed very, very fitting in RVS, yet all of you just bandwagoned him for it.
Wait, weren't you voting him because he wasn't posting in color?
There's your answer.

Scratch it, there's no reason to FoS if you're not voting anyone.
Alright, J has told me to take care of this one so let's tango, shall we, Gord?

First of all, how in the world is an FoS in any part of the game scummy? Because it's basically saying a vote without putting the power behind it. With Vocal, there isn't enough substance from him other than targeting a newbie to call him scum, but this way, people know we are secure in our stance that we suspect him. The reason I don't just randomly vote in mafia is because I know the power that is held behind a vote. I'm not just going to say "Oh, I'm going to vote for this guy on very little reasoning. It's only one vote, what do I care?" That, in itself, is a very scummy reasoning because you aren't thinking with the town as a whole; you are thinking for yourself.

Again, you are using that fact that I am new to call us scum. The FoS was a joint decision between both J and myself. I, personally, don't see how being cautious in the beginning of the game is a scummy tell, especially in a game like this where it's moving slow and we don't have much to go off of. Please, enlighten me with your awe-inspiring words, oh grandmaster of mafia.
And there's your answer again.

======

WL you are strange this game but perplexing. Can you tell me what about Zen's post made him scummier than Ryker? Could you also explain why you dislike Ryker too for that matter?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
First point was talking about Inferno unless that whole thing was in regards to Red Ruy. I see his posts in red though so idfk what you guys are talking about.

I'm not asking how it's scummy. It is scummy because it's not really committing. It's looking like a weak attempt at putting pressure on someone without every really committing to that player and leaving yourself a backdoor in case **** falls through or blows up in your face. I am worried that you are fearful to put a vote out without committing to it or another committed vote elsewhere. You've probably already noticed, but it's not RVS and not deadline, so no one's getting lynched yet and you don't really need to joke around anymore.

I don't like Gorf either, as he's exaggerating a lot and trying to reach for his points to call you scum.

Zen's scum because, like SilphCo said, nearly all of his questions have been useless save for the one he asked to Red Ruy about who he'd shoot, and then followed it up with another useless question instead of asking why Ruy would shoot him. He *****ed about Ruy's restriction, faked or not, for most of the phase until he spontaneously voted for Gorf. Then he changed his mind and said, "Yeah, after all this faked content, I'm just gonna leave you guys and post even less content, then try to organize a quicklynch once I've figured out the scum team."

Bull****. How is this townie at all?

I don't like Ryker because he's not doing anything. He's not a guy who'd sit back and let anyone lead at all because his ego's too big and he thinks town is generally stupider than him. I didn't like how he entered the game, the Gorf vote was ********, he's trying to clear Red Ruy off something that is a null tell at best (UPick).

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
First point was talking about Inferno unless that whole thing was in regards to Red Ruy. I see his posts in red though so idfk what you guys are talking about.

I'm not asking how it's scummy. It is scummy because it's not really committing. It's looking like a weak attempt at putting pressure on someone without every really committing to that player and leaving yourself a backdoor in case **** falls through or blows up in your face. I am worried that you are fearful to put a vote out without committing to it or another committed vote elsewhere. You've probably already noticed, but it's not RVS and not deadline, so no one's getting lynched yet and you don't really need to joke around anymore.

I don't like Gorf either, as he's exaggerating a lot and trying to reach for his points to call you scum.

Zen's scum because, like SilphCo said, nearly all of his questions have been useless save for the one he asked to Red Ruy about who he'd shoot, and then followed it up with another useless question instead of asking why Ruy would shoot him. He *****ed about Ruy's restriction, faked or not, for most of the phase until he spontaneously voted for Gorf. Then he changed his mind and said, "Yeah, after all this faked content, I'm just gonna leave you guys and post even less content, then try to organize a quicklynch once I've figured out the scum team."

Bull****. How is this townie at all?

I don't like Ryker because he's not doing anything. He's not a guy who'd sit back and let anyone lead at all because his ego's too big and he thinks town is generally stupider than him. I didn't like how he entered the game, the Gorf vote was ********, he's trying to clear Red Ruy off something that is a null tell at best (UPick).
I'd like to see Zen's case. Not saying it's going anywhere, but the more content the better.

If it's all filled with fluff and baseless assumptions then I might jump on that wagon with you. I'm hunting Nymphs at the moment.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Votecount 1.05

SilphCo
Gordito :pokeball: Ryker
Dark Horse
Red Ryu
Soupamario
~TSN~ :pokeball: :pokeball: :pokeball: Soupamario, Gordito, Vocal
Zεη :pokeball: :pokeball: :pokeball: Red Ryu, SilphCo, WashedLaundry
Inferno3044
Vocal
WashedLaundry
Gheb
Panta
Ryker
No Lynch

Not voting: Dark Horse, Panta, Gheb, Inferno3044, ~TSN~, Zen

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch!
Deadline has been set to August 1st, 11:59 PM EST.

Dark Horse is V/LA until Thursday, as far as I know.

Sang side: What you are saying is what Gord should have said when he blamed us about the FoS. However I feel there are still holes in your logic w.r.t. it. I don't really like it but I think it is more of a discrepancy between our styles. I also feel Zen isn't making a whole lot of sense, he's all over the place, and hasn't done that much (which you've pointed out).

With Ryker I am confused. At first he and zen were going back and forth like they didn't like each other and then he just kind of buddies. i dont understand his vote on gord either, since he was just following zen, but he seems adamant that he wants gord dead, especially with the #120 post.

J side: I absolutely agree to your reads sans Zen atm. I need to see more from him then what you (and apparantly Silph/Sang) are getting at atm. Your explanation for Ryker is exactly what I've been thinking. Also Gord is reaching in his points and not explaining them clearly (as Sang has pointed out =3c).

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Sang side: What you are saying is what Gord should have said when he blamed us about the FoS. However I feel there are still holes in your logic w.r.t. it. I don't really like it but I think it is more of a discrepancy between our styles. I also feel Zen isn't making a whole lot of sense, he's all over the place, and hasn't done that much (which you've pointed out).

With Ryker I am confused. At first he and zen were going back and forth like they didn't like each other and then he just kind of buddies. i dont understand his vote on gord either, since he was just following zen, but he seems adamant that he wants gord dead, especially with the #120 post.

J side: I absolutely agree to your reads sans Zen atm. I need to see more from him then what you (and apparantly Silph/Sang) are getting at atm. Your explanation for Ryker is exactly what I've been thinking. Also Gord is reaching in his points and not explaining them clearly (as Sang has pointed out =3c).
Girlfriend, you is silly.

Top Bottom