• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upick Pokémafia... Game over! 2% Milk wins!

Best milk?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Silph has always been useless in my book but what kind of discussion could be made on something everybody knows to be the case? There was simply no point talking about it when the discussions recently had have proven more fruitful. It's not like we can't just quickly come to the agreement that the way he's been playing is unacceptable and that lynching him is an absolutely viable solution now.

To compound to this point [@Inferno] it's pretty clear by now that the material Silph provides for this game isn't going to be anywhere near enough to help this town winning - if anything the question mark over his playerslot is just going to become bigger and bigger as more and more information becomes available, while he simply remains in the dark.
It's unlikely to assume him to change that kind of play. Glyph has never made attempts to play seriously in any of the games he's been in and Stu doesn't really post much in these games. I was hoping that them playing in a hydra would somehow make up for that but it seems like it had the opposite effect.

In any case, lynching them is a really good solution for this Day phase. Their lack of participation, input and attempts to find scum can be interpreted in many different ways but these are all just assumptions so Occam's Razor is probably a good principle to stick to in such a situation. Because let's not kid ourselves - there's absolutely no justification for a townie to play like that.

:059:

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Why do you care so much? I don't see why you'd want to know people's opinions on him unless he's scum [in which case he would've been mentioned anyway].

Zen although RR has some suspicion on him by some people this should not be asked now. We have under 48 hours to make a play and I highly doubt its going to be him today. Feel free to ask the next day.

:phone:
Don't tell me what to do.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Whelp, Unvote Vote SilphCo. Deadline is tomorrow and I may or may not be out playing smash all day.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Votecount 1.14

SilphCo :pokeball: :pokeball: :pokeball: :pokeball: :pokeball: Soupamario, Gheb, Zen, Ryker, Inferno3044
Gordito :pokeball: Panta
Dark Horse
Red Ryu
Soupamario
~TSN~
Zεη :pokeball: :pokeball: Red Ryu, SilphCo,
Inferno3044 :pokeball: Dark Horse
Vocal :pokeball: :pokeball: ~TSN~, Gordito
WashedLaundry
Gheb :pokeball: WashedLaundry
Panta
Ryker
No Lynch

Not voting: Vocal

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch!
Deadline has been set to August 4th, 11:59 PM EST.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Quickwagon on someone who barely had any votes is making my head spin.

Lynching SilphCo over one of the other targets isn't going to get us far; unless I've missed something there just aren't many connections between him and other players. I would much rather lynch someone who is seen as scummy but has also made more links to other players.

Also, my reads are all kinds of screwed up. The last five pages have held so much game changing information and I haven't taken the time to properly sift through all of it. One thing I do know is that by this point I get a townie vibe from Inferno. He's new, but smart, and hasn't had much scummy activity.

I really need to do a mini-reread.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I see no flaming reason for it, it's almost as much as an inactive. While I normally approve of it to get rid of them I don't see why when we have other people with very obvious connections possible.

I offered an inactive as an idea only and only if no conclusion could be reached, I don't see why were are going this blazing way.

I'll only vote if it's needed for a flip, otherwise I flaming disprove of this one.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Jumping around the thread on whims at the moment, sort of. At first I was worried about how Zen and Ryker have been on both Gheb's and Silph's wagons, but upon actually reading through Ryker's posts again...I'm not sure. I'm not sure what I should make of it to be honest.

So much stuff to analyze and it's intimidating @_@

Laundry, if a lynch on Gheb were to not happen, who would be your second choice to lynch?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Quickwagon on someone who barely had any votes is making my head spin.

Lynching SilphCo over one of the other targets isn't going to get us far; unless I've missed something there just aren't many connections between him and other players. I would much rather lynch someone who is seen as scummy but has also made more links to other players.
You think leaving him around like that is going to get us any further? I mean, it's already hard enough to look at the way he plays and straight up say "yep, he's townie" - how can you not see the benefit for town lynching him? I mean it's not even like we're lynching him *despite* expecting a town flip - based on the way he plays is it really warranted to expect a town flip from him at all? When I look at other suspects of mine like Zen I'd be less surprised to see a town flip than in Silph's case. How long would you be willing to deal with this, Vocal?

I see no flaming reason for it, it's almost as much as an inactive. While I normally approve of it to get rid of them I don't see why when we have other people with very obvious connections possible.
If you really make the already flawed claim that lynching somebody based on connections on Day 1 is inherently better then at the very least you're ought to point out said connections and how you expect them to lead us to scum. Before that this is nothing more than a blanket statement. Not only that but you explicitly call these connections "obvious" - if that's the case why didn't you bring them to our attention earlier than that?

I think this is suspicious for various reasons. FoS Red Ryu

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Also, we're certainly not "quicklynching" Silph - we've been keeping his name up as a potential lynch for most of the 2nd half of this Day phase if we can't find anything better and I'd say this is a situation of where no better lynch is possible with the deadline so close. If he flips town then I'd find Ryu a bit more suspicious.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Gheb, so you say that silph should only be used if we have no better lynch.

So why only a FoS on ryu?

Inferno3044

Smash Master
@vocal and ryu- although there are plenty of suspicions out there, none of them atm are going to get the majority needed to lynch. Let's pick him and end the day. Then we can finally move on with this game.

SilphCo

Smash Rookie
Okay screw trying to catch-up.

I'll check the last 5 pages. And someone should tell me what's up. It'd be a lot cooler if everyone did but I know that I'll get one person doing it if I'm lucky.

RR's wrong.
[collapse=where I was all yesterday]so like
go play laser tag **** yeah
eat tons of free cheap greasy pizza at laser tag place
drink soda
walk to friends house
walk to my house in the opposite direction
I didn't really mean **** I meant like, "well damn can't go here"
then watch the brave little toast trilogy starting at midnight
then walk to white castle like hour away
but stop by speedway on the way there adn get their "strawberry shortcake" coffee special
go to white castle, order breakfast sandwich and drink tons of vault
go back home and have the WORST **** ever
like all that pizza and lol white castle must have DESTROYED my intestines
then play melee for 5 hours
and now here[/collapse]

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Votecount 1.15

SilphCo :pokeball: :pokeball: :pokeball: :pokeball: :pokeball: :pokeball: Soupamario, Gheb, Zen, Ryker, Inferno3044, Red Ryu
Gordito :pokeball: Panta
Dark Horse
Red Ryu
Soupamario
~TSN~
Zεη :pokeball: SilphCo
Inferno3044 :pokeball: Dark Horse
Vocal :pokeball: :pokeball: ~TSN~, Gordito
WashedLaundry
Gheb :pokeball: WashedLaundry
Panta
Ryker
No Lynch

Not voting: Vocal

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch!
Deadline has been set to August 4th, 11:59 PM EST, which is in about 9 hours.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Okay screw trying to catch-up.

I'll check the last 5 pages. And someone should tell me what's up. It'd be a lot cooler if everyone did but I know that I'll get one person doing it if I'm lucky.

RR's wrong.
[collapse=where I was all yesterday]so like
go play laser tag **** yeah
eat tons of free cheap greasy pizza at laser tag place
drink soda
walk to friends house
walk to my house in the opposite direction
I didn't really mean **** I meant like, "well damn can't go here"
then watch the brave little toast trilogy starting at midnight
then walk to white castle like hour away
but stop by speedway on the way there adn get their "strawberry shortcake" coffee special
go to white castle, order breakfast sandwich and drink tons of vault
go back home and have the WORST **** ever
like all that pizza and lol white castle must have DESTROYED my intestines
then play melee for 5 hours
and now here[/collapse]
People were discussing who to lynch. Gordito, Zen, Gheb, and myself were the primary ones being discussed.

Then three people nearly in a row unvote vote: you with little reasoning given, for what appears to be no other reason than "Well he looks the easiest to lynch."

Scum is definitely on the SilphCo wagon, and with good reason. By moving two of their players there, they convince others to do the same, leading to one of two favorable outcomes:

1) Lynch a townie that they can just explain away later as a good lynch due to inactivity

or

2) It leads the day to a no lynch.

I really think that one of the targets we were seriously discussing before this Silph wagon must be one of the scum team (perhaps multiple) and that scum made this swift shift in order to draw attention away from that person.

I don't like it one bit. I do not want this lynch going down. I want us to move back onto one of our original targets because, the way I see it, we were on SOMEONE'S tail. Why would mafia move away from townie targets already being discussed a lot (thus allowing them to blend in) to an inactive? What sense would it make to leave an active, contributing member alive just to lynch someone who isn't (or rather hasn't been) even a threat to them?

The only explanation that makes sense to me is that there was a very real chance of lynching scum today and scum had to make something happen quick to stop it. There's no way that Silph is scum, unless mafia just decided they were going to bus him a long time ago, because there's no other way they would pile onto him so quickly and, once again, I'm convinced that mafia is on this wagon.

SilphCo

Smash Rookie
Oh turns out I'm getting lynched.

Why don't you let the vig/SK shoot me? There is almost certainly one in this game. You're wasting a lot of potential information here since this d1 has had such strong connections all around, and as much as I would love to die, I haven't been a vocal (lol vocal) enough player.
I'll claim immediately for your viewing pleasure!

We are Bisharp, Town Sucker Puncher!
If we are targeted by a night kill we will be informed and can guess who it is who shot us. If we guess correctly, bam we survive and they die instead of us. My only posting restriction was to go into great detail that I'm town for the first post.

As I mentioned, this role suggests there are multiple nkill abilities in this game.

My inactivity is because I honestly don't care about you all. I'm sorry but the only person in this game that's been worth reading to me has been Laundry. Gheb, gets honorable mention and bonus points for his poetry. Ryker's been mad weird this game and also has been very oddly avoiding me, and everyone else makes me angry.

Also I haven't talked to my other head once this entire game but that's my bad.

A couple on my wagon (cough Ryker cough Gheb I really hope he knew) I'm sure know that I'm not a D1 player. I'll never be, I hate it. I've been rare in my thoughts in this game, yes. But I'm a lategame force. Like, I've literally been backed up into a corner while I was gone and I'm unsure if I can ever change the lynch at this point, but I'll leave with all my thoughts out. In a some what organized town to scum order.

Washed is my strong town read this game (lol I'm buddying you again). While reading through the thread we came to many the same conclusions and I couldn't help but agree with mostly everything he posted while I was around earlier.

Inferno's asking the right questions and looks to genuinely be sniffing for scum. Another very strong town read here, if he's scum he's playing the best new-scum game I've ever seen.

Vocal's intentions are good, except I only agree with like half max of what he's said lmao. None the less I don't see him trying to manipulate or survive. No where close as strong read as Inferno or Washed here.

RR. Same thing as above. He's had a couple sketchy moments I could see as him manipulating, but I don't think there's any argument on how much he disregards his mafia life. I'll account the sketchy moments to standard RR, really.

Gheb. Awesome poetry! I like a lot of what he says, but at the same time he seems really picky and choosy about what he comments on or makes a stance on and what he doesn't. It might be the difficulty of making things rhyme, but let's pretend that doesn't exist. Mixed feelings here. Actually I have a lot of mixed feelings from everything here and on.

Panta. I don't know. Neutral here, like I literally don't remember anything panta did except get attacked by Ryker. Ryker quoted something that kinda looked like rolefishing or something earlier but not enough for me to care.

TSN. The hydra play here is really odd to me. I'm unsure if the defensive play can be accounted to the "cautious defensive half" and that's what really gets me. It kinda feels like J was using Sang as a shield almost if anybody knows what I mean here. Also something about AtE being stupid.

Zen. Yeah his early game was mega stupid sloppy I don't care what anyone says on this lol. I saw the doctor claim and that was even stupider sloppier. Starting with the hydralogs his posts started to pick up and I actually really liked the hydralog post and the following posts. This is probably where I have the most mixed feelings, but I can't ignore that early game. Maybe if the cool post didn't come after he was under pressure I would trust this slot more, but it's timing was very questionable.

Ryker. Oh boy it hhuuuuuuuurts to make a case vs Ryker. He's been quiet but loud, non-existant but everywhere, silent but deadly. Washed said something early in the game about this that was really cool and I agreed with . His reads and reason seem materialized entirely out of no where. It's just weird.

Soup. I'll be honest. Soup is in the same catagory as Panta. I have NO idea what Soup has done this game. Like I literally don't know where he was anywhere. But unlike Panta, Soup is a notoriously active, vocal, and opinionated player. Maybe my mind has a GIANT gaping hole in it, but like what? Just the fact that I'm unsure on a playerslot I should have strong opinions on is honestly enough for me to put him on top of my scumlist for what would otherwise be no reason lmao. Did he just like join in later than I was even in?

I looked at my earlier readthroughs and I only had two notes for Soup, and both of them were about him being absolutely ****ing sure I was scum.
#49- Soup votes me. Says it's serious. Can't tell if serious or not.
#63- Soupabro. are you kidding me? Like do I need to bust out my silph scope and show you what the world really looks like? Get out of the crib, then come at me.
(lol in hindsight I probably should have taken serious convincing notes.)
But yes this is all I know about Soup: he's been sure of me being scum since extremely D1. He voted me originally for my "I'm so town!" post. I think he's kept it there since then? This just adds more to the idea that he's been using me as an excuse to have a strong reads.

tl:dr unvote Vote: Soupamario.

Is there anything in particular people would want my opinion on before deadline?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I flaming hate this wagon.

I offered an inactive as an idea only and only if no conclusion could be reached, I don't see why were are going this blazing way.

I'll only vote if it's needed for a flip, otherwise I flaming disprove of this one.
Unvote
Vote: SilphCo
None of these posts make sense with the others.

I kindof wish we could wagon snap to either the less active/less content inactive Soupa. Or to RR but he's weird.

No time really from this side, Sang can hammer if need be but Silph lynch looks like it comprised solely on nothing good.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
People were discussing who to lynch. Gordito, Zen, Gheb, and myself were the primary ones being discussed.

Then three people nearly in a row unvote vote: you with little reasoning given, for what appears to be no other reason than "Well he looks the easiest to lynch."

Scum is definitely on the SilphCo wagon, and with good reason. By moving two of their players there, they convince others to do the same, leading to one of two favorable outcomes:

1) Lynch a townie that they can just explain away later as a good lynch due to inactivity

or

2) It leads the day to a no lynch.

I really think that one of the targets we were seriously discussing before this Silph wagon must be one of the scum team (perhaps multiple) and that scum made this swift shift in order to draw attention away from that person.

I don't like it one bit. I do not want this lynch going down. I want us to move back onto one of our original targets because, the way I see it, we were on SOMEONE'S tail. Why would mafia move away from townie targets already being discussed a lot (thus allowing them to blend in) to an inactive? What sense would it make to leave an active, contributing member alive just to lynch someone who isn't (or rather hasn't been) even a threat to them?

The only explanation that makes sense to me is that there was a very real chance of lynching scum today and scum had to make something happen quick to stop it. There's no way that Silph is scum, unless mafia just decided they were going to bus him a long time ago, because there's no other way they would pile onto him so quickly and, once again, I'm convinced that mafia is on this wagon.
I get what you're saying but since everyone decided we're not lynching Gheb with less than 48 hours to go until deadline, they didn't have the time to convince each other of a more stable idea, so they went the policy lynch route.

i don't get why you're trying to save stew here.

SilphCo

Smash Rookie
OH LAUNDRY don't be so quick to hammer please. At least ask me things.

and OH VOCAL I'm sure there is scum on my wagon, that's a pretty diverse player list there, but I'm unsure to it being such a big master plan. Something you have to realize is that inactive lynches happen on D1. It's common. Weak townies who don't want to make a strong stance, maybe there's too much risk in other lynches and a variable has to be eliminated, or they're scum and just like lynching people not scum.

But yeah I'll agree that the reasoning of "too useless" is kinda silly. I would accept the idea of "too big of a variable" from most players. Everyone knows I'm a lategame player, yo. Or I play well under pressure or something I dunno.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I wasn't hammering that quick. Just a reminder that I'm the one doing it and that anyone else who does do it will definitely get a blip on my scumdar (yay for dumb terms).

I wish we could save you. Of inactives, I definitely dislike Soup more because he's been an entire non-factor this game (like, I seriously forgot Soup was playing) and has given nothing that makes me read him as town. I just don't know if we can swing the lynch.

unvote vote: Soupamario

I like this lynch a lot more than Silph. If we can't get the swing, I'll hammer Silph.

I don't think I have questions for you.

Vocal/RR/Inferno will most likely vote and that will put him at L-1.

Zen/Gheb/Ryker/DH/Panta are up in the air as to whether they would vote him or not in time.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Silph I knew nothing about your playstyle so my apologies. Your first post was the greatest post in the game and and you claimed with something that seems too unique to fake. Also the dark/steel combination is cool.

Unvote Vote Soupamario

Top Bottom