• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UPDATED! SoVA Presents: OCT 18-19 BRAWL Singles+Doubles NEW INFO!

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
k I'll talk to O-NO.

So far:

Candy
ESOJ
Gonzo
maybe Boss
maybe one other person

What's the deal with:
yoster
JCaes
Thumbs
Pyronic Star
whoever-the-crap-else-is-coming???

I need names and when you are arriving, planning on leaving

so me, esoj, gonzo, maybe boss, maybe 1 other person....we would leave friday probably around like 7 and get there around 10.....and on saturday after the tourny....we'll probably enjoy the area for a tad bit and then would need housing for that night

i have no idea what yoster and all them are doing

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
Toasty hit me up about housing people. I dont know if ill have the weekend free or not, but ill know tonight. ill post something about that later. if i DO have the weekend free im gonna have to ask for 5$ a head. that would be friday and saturday if needed.

Also, Anyone up for some side tourneys at this thing? melee? street fighter? ...um..more streetfighter?

boss8

Smash Hero
Toasty hit me up about housing people. I dont know if ill have the weekend free or not, but ill know tonight. ill post something about that later. if i DO have the weekend free im gonna have to ask for 5$ a head. that would be friday and saturday if needed.

Also, Anyone up for some side tourneys at this thing? melee? street fighter? ...um..more streetfighter?
yo OH-no i will do a melee turney.....

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
No venue fee. I don't foresee us providing anything extra. If we do, we'll take money then, but not for everyone to just walk through the door [which is to say: I'll be like "okay who wants pizza and drinks? gimme $5"]

So no venue fee. We may do food and drinks [delivery] and we'll charge $5 for anyone interested. But no guarantees on this even happening. Depends on how I feel saturday lmao

toasty

Smash Hero
Please be there between 11 and 12.
TEAMS REGISTRATION ENDS AT 12:30
If you can't make it on time, call me AHEAD OF TIME. Don't call me at 1 PM or some stupid crap and say "oh can I still get in?" If there are extenuating circumstances, I'm a reasonable person and can make exceptions. If you know you'll be late but are certain about entering and who else with you is entering, let me know when you call to inform me of your tardiness so I can put y'all in the brackets =D

Everything else is right.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
If I come it'll be in Yoster's car. I'm trying to find out the deal with that situation right now. I know thumbs and EE both expressed interest in coming also.

toasty

Smash Hero
Just to iterate this:

once everyone gets a better idea of who's riding with whom and when, I would appreciate a detailed list of people who are coming and need housing and for what nights.

I'll be shopping around for other options that may be closer/more convenient than O-NO's since, truth be told, it may not be the most comfortable place to stay if ALL of you non-SoVa people stay there. It'll be perfectly great for some, but maybe not for like...9 people or some **** >_>

O-NO lives about 25-30 minutes [20-25 for NoVa drivers] away from the venue.

Anyone who needs phone numbers, please PM me and I will reply with these numbers:
mine
SlashTalon's
Gum's
O-NO's

I don't know if Gum will be in town for this, but in case he is, I'll put that in there as well.

Directions to the venue!

Virginia House - Common Room
4603 Elkhorn Ave
Norfolk, VA 23508

I'm presuming you are all coming from 64 East and you will be taking the exit for Terminal Blvd 564/Granby St. [two exits in one]

Stay to the right fork (so that you go toward Terminal Blvd/564.)
Stay in the right lane and you'll automatically take another exit (for the actual Terminal Blvd)
Go down a mile or two until you reach a major major intersection [kinda looks like the end of the main road]
Turn left on Hampton Blvd
Eventually, get in your right lane.
You'll go over a steep bridge [speed trap! watch out on your way down, it's like 35 MPH or some bull****]
After about 4-6 traffic lights, you'll get to 49th St.
Turn Right on 49th St.
After passing a whole bunch of buildings, the first actual left turn you can make will be on Elkhorn
Turn Left on Elkhorn.
To your right you will see a parking lot followed by a group of large dormitories. One of those is Virginia House, just so you have an idea where it is...
There is a lot of construction around the parking lot but there's a small bit of the lot still open. You can park anywhere that is not:
-handicapped
-metered
-"Reserved"
If you don't see any parking, keep driving down Elkhorn.
While on Elkhorn, you'll go into a Parking Garage on your left ---it's on the corner of Elkhorn and 43rd St.

Park anywhere except the first level and handicapped spaces.
You CAN, however, park on the slope from the first level to the second.

The group of dorm buildings are separated by massive walkways. The entrance to Virginia house is at the convergence of those walkways.

To the right of the main entrance to VA. House, you'll see a large common area with lots of windows. Beat the ever-loving-**** out of those windows [haha, please don't] until one of us sees you and opens the door to the dorm. If that doesn't work, just call one of us.

Please save this post >_>
Thanks.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
It's looking like the Dark Hawks won't make it, sorry toast :(
No one wants to make that drive.

toasty

Smash Hero
dang JCaes...that's unfortunate :( Oh well, at least I got to see yo smexy self this past weekend haha

so does that mean the confirmed list is now:
so.....

me and korn

G-reg and candy

plank and thumbs
?????

Anyway. Once O-NO confirms whether or not he can house you guys Friday and Saturday, he'll either let me know or he'll post up here.

Chu I'll PM you in a minute.

Anyone who needs housing of any sort: please remember to bring pillows and blankets as they will not be provided by the hosts. Just space to sleep :)

Don't forget to bring setups everyone =D

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
i don' need housing lol
question about the wii or x-box 360 thing that was in the first post... is that still going on? and is it for first placeing singles or something?

toasty

Smash Hero
OH **** Slash change that ****!!!! hahahaha

sorry that was offered when the game store [Games N Trade where we had it last time ...ugh that place sucked hahaha] was still running the upcoming tourney.

NO ADDITIONAL PRIZES.

Only pot split cash prizes 60/30/10 . If enough people enter in a particular event, 4th may get their money back and it'll be 60/30/10 of remainder

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Ok, im good to house anyone who needs to stay. i have 2 couches and free floor space in a spare room. i also have a futon mat in the spare room big enough for 2 people. i can house 8-10 people.

I WILL BE CHARGING A 5$ HOUSING FEE! This will be for FRIDAY and SATURDAY if need be.

you can however make this back via money matches, side tourneys and, crew battles during your stay at my place. i may also have a friend of mine drop by and dj for a bit (a + for anyone that loves electronic music).

RULES....

i dont live alone, respect my room mate and respect my house.

i live in a town house, respect my neighbors. dont be to loud after 2 am (that does not mean dont have fun ^.^ )

Dont steal, this ones easy to follow.

757 343 1031, call me anytime if you need me. leave a message if i dont pick up.

Slash/Toasty....can i run a side tourney ^.^;

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
I can house anyone that needs to stay. Its going to be 5$ for anyone staying with me this time around.

ill be going to the tourney Saturday as well. Im going to run MVC2, 3rd strike, Capcom vs snk2, and Power stone 2 (teams) tourneys. 2$ entry for each.

dont worry toasty, i have my own set ups, so i wont be in the way. also note that anyone in a side tourney that has a match in the main tourneys MUST play the main match first.

Top Bottom