• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UPDATED 6/23/08 Bowser's Chain Grab + AirGrabbing(New Vid)

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Wow...

Don't get excited yet though. Bowser's grab pummel is slower than many other character's. Sufficient testing needs to be done to make absolutely sure that you can't break out of it with a jump release.

Demon_Fox

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, this really seems awesome. But if it is really that game-breaking everyone will look for a way to get out of it (if it exists) or to avoid it (don't get grabbed).

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Im pretty sure this does NOT affect all characters.
When it was going around that Ness got infinited by X characters, some testing was done to disprove the characters who could. Bowser was one of the original, but they went and said it was possible to break.

DIing is really big in getting out of this.
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=177039
If suspended while grabbed, the jump break is likely.

I havent tested this, so I want to know who can get regrabbed from this.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Im pretty sure this does NOT affect all characters.
When it was going around that Ness got infinited by X characters, some testing was done to disprove the characters who could. Bowser was one of the original, but they went and said it was possible to break.

DIing is really big in getting out of this.
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=177039
If suspended while grabbed, the jump break is likely.

I havent tested this, so I want to know who can get regrabbed from this.
Um...I was the one who tested that, and nobody chose to believe me when I said that Bowser's infinite hold on Lucas and Ness was just as bad as Marth's (and it is) because of the fact that he has hardly any slide time from his running grab.

And in most tourneys, stuff like this is allowed sadly.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Nessbounder, I was referring to the person who tested in response to your list.
He narrowed it down to only being Marth and PT.
He said bowser/DK/etc was escapable. I don't know how, but I believe it has something to do with Ness jump breaking from bowser's grab easily.

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
This is great but he did say its hard to do. I don't see many ppl actually trying to learn this just so they can main Bowser. Their still go to Snake since its much easier playing him then trying to learn a tough tech like this but at least this might give Bowser a chance at touneys.

If it really works

Edit: I just tested it on a lv 9 CPU DK and he got out of my grab before I could Standard A him. He was also able to DI away from the standard A after the grab but maybe I'm doing it wrong?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Hey, I was usin a Lv9 DK too.
I also used a Pika and I managed to get in a 4-chain. It really is hard, but with practice, it will be very useful.

Flayl

Smash Hero
A big help the lot of you are. I got as far as the pummel->AA combo in the other thread. I'm pretty sure they can DI out of it though, or maybe the level 9 AI just plain cheats in that aspect.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Nessbounder, I was referring to the person who tested in response to your list.
He narrowed it down to only being Marth and PT.
He said bowser/DK/etc was escapable. I don't know how, but I believe it has something to do with Ness jump breaking from bowser's grab easily.
That person would be moi. I don't quite recall the reason, but I may have neglected to Dash Grab Ness while testing these, so I might have failed to do it correctly. I can't be sure though, I don't have a Wii near me to test. I should be able to later today though.

Beo

Smash Apprentice
It's not as good as first poster makes it seem.

Bowsers throws are ****, but grabs are good. Re-grabbing rarely works agaisnt a real person.

Way safer to do the first 2 things in the vid, which I have been doing since Brawl was released :|

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
Tried it on a not so good Zelda player today and the AA didn't even work. He was able to get away from the normal AA combo after the grab release.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Zelda is the anti-chain grab queen though... Dedede can't chain her, i don't think pikachu or falco can either

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I think DIing is a big part of getting out of it. I've been doing the grab release to standard A all day and after I hit it on ppl a few times they start getting out of it. Some times I'm only able to hit the first part of the standard A but the second part misses or I just miss the whole thing all together.

This has happened on Wolf,Zelda, and Marth

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
Queen music for the freaking win!
But seriously,we need to test this a bit more.If this works,I agree with Emblem Lord:Brawl is just dumb.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Most good tournaments are banning standing infinities, but you still have good options post-release so this is still good.

Top Bottom