• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UPDATED 12/26!~The Old Melee Texture Hacks Thread~

MVP

Smash Ace
awww i think i found the problem, my computer isn't updated to window xp. I'll try it on my mac and get back to you

Lukahn

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone have the ying yang ice climbers one ?

EDIT : I have a problem with that PlCaRe.usd file that I can't get to work on a pal iso.
More like, I don't know how to make a character usd file working.
Kinda strange since I don't have any problems with others usd files.

EDIT 2 : Nvm just me being dumb.

Led-Zeppelin

Smash Apprentice
Dexia, could you make the Red CSS not have the custom portraits, i had a heart attack when i burned a disc with the css on it, and saw the custom portraits :c i use vanilla chars.

God with a Wavebird

Smash Apprentice

Theftz22

Smash Lord
Has anyone made a standard looking sheik selection icon? I made all of zelda's CSPs into sheik and it would be cool if the icon matched that.

Theftz22

Smash Lord
Open up MnSlChr.usd in your hex editor and find the following locations:

Code:
MnSlChr.usd
000948	80 80 80 FF 00 0B 1A FF FF FF FF	Background
348E88	07 07 07 07 83 8F 94 00 83 8F 94	Bottom frame
348F48	07 07 07 07 92 9E A3 00 92 9E A3	Rule
349008	07 07 07 07 83 8F 94 00 83 8F 94	Top frame
The bottom 3 locations are simple 07 07 07 format. Change the "83 8F 94" or the "92 9E A3" to whatever hexidecimal color you want (in both appearances before and after the 00). For the location at 948, technically in the 42 48 format you should change both the "80 80 80" and the "00 0B 1A", but I found that it worked better if I just changed "00 0B 1A". Then save and replace the file in your ISO.

Now answer my questioned about the indexed colors for my broken doc CSP in the melee, hacks, and you thread...IMMEDIATELY!!!

please

danny135

Smash Apprentice
Open up MnSlChr.usd in your hex editor and find the following locations:

The bottom 3 locations are simple 07 07 07 format. Change the "83 8F 94" or the "92 9E A3" to whatever hexidecimal color you want (in both appearances before and after the 00). For the location at 948, technically in the 42 48 format you should change both the "80 80 80" and the "00 0B 1A", but I found that it worked better if I just changed "00 0B 1A". Then save and replace the file in your ISO.

Now answer my questioned about the indexed colors for my broken doc CSP in the melee, hacks, and you thread...IMMEDIATELY!!!

please
I don't really know, since I have yet to customize my CSPs myself, but if you read this, you can probably find out what you did wrong.

It's probably related to the palette data. Or the offset is wrong.

Theftz22

Smash Lord
It's the blue doc. My black doc CSP is fine. How is the offset wrong?

Edit: Though the texture I am using was ported to blue from original black. I guess there might simply be some error in the port?

danny135

Smash Apprentice
It's the blue doc. My black doc CSP is fine. How is the offset wrong?

Edit: Though the texture I am using was ported to blue from original black. I guess there might simply be some error in the port?
I don't know the problem, but I fixed it by re-indexing it as local (perceptual) 255, and then making the .tpl again and inserting.

Also, make sure the offsets.txt has the * when the files have palette data.

Theftz22

Smash Lord
You mean re-indexing the entire tga file? Because I already indexed non-character part with local perceptual.

Where should that * go exactly? I definitely don't have that it any of my txt files. But are you sure you're talking about a CSP txt file? None of them are called offsets.txt. That's with hps music hacking.

danny135

Smash Apprentice
Oh you insert the tpl manually? * doesn't matter then.

I re-indexed the CSP .tga to Local (Perceptual) 255. If yours is already like that, then I have no idea.

CheeseREX

Smash Rookie
http://www.mediafire.com/?lwiihevrazedlwy

Here is a pack with all of the textures with screenshots (400+ new screenshots). It took a VERY long time to do. It makes it so much easier to pick out which textures you want. I didn't screenshot everything because it would either take too much time (i.e. all those kirby hats) or were slight variations from other textures (i.e. DK stage with no log or no barrel).

EDIT: Fixed link

flantasticflan

Smash Journeyman
http://www.mediafire.com/?ef2q1t32je3xfm9

Here is a pack with all of the textures with screenshots (400+ new screenshots). It took a VERY long time to do. It makes it so much easier to pick out which textures you want. I didn't screenshot everything because it would either take too much time (i.e. all those kirby hats) or were slight variations from other textures (i.e. DK stage with no log or no barrel).
good ****, thanks alot man. so much easier having the screenshots in there

Kadano

Magical Express
http://www.mediafire.com/?ef2q1t32je3xfm9

Thank you so much. I've started that too, but it's so tedious I stopped after four characters.

I hate the white cloud phase on FD. I've tried all texture hacks, but they all keep the white phase, unfortunately. I'd be very happy if someone could mod the FD Blue 2.0 texture so that the white phase is gone. I am willing to donate 10€ for it.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
We all know that he was a true visionary. He made that account 8 years ago KNOWING that 8 years later he would use it to give us the greatest collection of textures ever posted in this topic.

LuCKy

Smash Master
anyone have the pink jacket falco with white pants? It was his favorite falco but i lost the file :<

God with a Wavebird

Smash Apprentice
I started doing a Iron Man Samus a while ago. lol. But then school got hard... There was a Spiderman Falcon skin, but it didn't look good. Falcon's too bulky to to be Spiderman, but I bet Sheik could pull it off. Though maybe not... I only know how to do texture hacks so I wouldn't be able to give her a proper Spiderman mask.

But yeah. Sheik as Spiderman is a great idea.

Edit: I made a quick photoshopped version of Spiderman Sheik. The real version would look a lot better, I just do this to get an idea of how a texture would turn out. As you can see there are some challenges... Idk what to do with the head/hair/turban. I can't do model hacks so I can't get rid of them.

Theftz22

Smash Lord
Wow, that was quick.:bee: Ideally, yeah the mask would be super amazing but it's still pretty cool.

Edit: It looks like the blue should perhaps be a bit lighter.

danny135

Smash Apprentice
I started doing a Iron Man Samus a while ago. lol. But then school got hard... There was a Spiderman Falcon skin, but it didn't look good. Falcon's too bulky to to be Spiderman, but I bet Sheik could pull it off. Though maybe not... I only know how to do texture hacks so I wouldn't be able to give her a proper Spiderman mask.

But yeah. Sheik as Spiderman is a great idea.

Edit: I made a quick photoshopped version of Spiderman Sheik. The real version would look a lot better, I just do this to get an idea of how a texture would turn out. As you can see there are some challenges... Idk what to do with the head/hair/turban. I can't do model hacks so I can't get rid of them.
Looks fine with the normal Sheik model. I'm looking forward to this costume.

God with a Wavebird

Smash Apprentice
Yo, I've been busy/lazy, but this is where I'm at with Spider-Sheik. I still want to do some tweaks, like make the hair darker.
I'll try to put on a web pattern but I doubt it'll turn out well. It's hard to do stuff like that cause of how textures get warped and stretched when the game puts them on the model.
Anyway, if you have any suggestions, like tone down the saturation, make the blue darker/lighter, change the spider to the modern version, now's the time to speak up.

@Lucky Finish **** x3 and I'll make Venom (or better yet just skip it and make **** x4 lol)

Top Bottom