• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UP B cancel technique

The Phenom

Smash Lord
I never seen someone use a pill to a upB cancel in the following manner; maybe no one has achieved this?

By manner I mean in description: Your UpB Cancel has to pop up your opponent to the pill which is over there head(situational;extremely low chance of doing)

It can further be described as a Mr.Game&Watch's bacon/sausage to D-TILT

First-full jump; when gone highest of your jump press B and waveland towards your opponent and instantly UpB Cancel thus your opponents pops up and gets hit by the pill; follow up with a combo.

The set up for this that can possibly have potential effect on the chances of this being done(Combo starter) I think would be by making sure 2pills hit your opponent by jumping 2 times and in those two jumps you pill in each with an instant N-AIR at the last jump(you must have quick enough fingers as you would double laser with FOX). and proceeding with a D-Smash to a quick full jump and Pill then waveland towards opponent and UpB cancel.
---------
CLASS OF 2009!!!(IT'S OVER 9000!!!) DO YOU BELIEVE IN INTERDIMENSIONAL BEINGS/ALIENS?

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
even in the extremely situational circumstance that a pill is above someone you can do stuff thats a lot easier like dsmash into the pill or w/e. And I pretty sure the upB cancel doesn't combo aside from a fair if your lucky. Actually if you do hit with a certain part of it (the upB cancel) it will send them straight up and you can combo with that, but it's difficult to play for.

The Phenom

Smash Lord
I don't play Dr.Mario but I do know of this trick(it's pretty cool and would be even cooler to watch it done by a Doc player if they knew about and someone here can inform me or if you guys can test this out/do it in a match).

UpB cancel to Fair has a better chance of connecting than a pill to a UpB cancel. Also aswell as a pill to Dsmash(I agree on this).
---------
So the last thing I would conclude, non of the Docs' have tried to do this because the chances of it being done/or it's not worth it??? ; it's cool though!

Just read this thread don't reply. Let it sink to the bottom. Theres no more need of this thread.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
MIX, the wisest elder doc, eponymously invented this flawless technique years ago. It remains unused out of respect.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
i dont know what's up with people thinking hitting somebody into a pill is a good thing.

desh :
yeah thats what im saying lol. >_>
i got 2 dsmash> pills in a row against spawn when he was at 160 on stadium.
i almost cried. -.-

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
I think the idea of hitting someone into a pill is rly situational anyway. The pill has to have bounced past them and be high enough in the air to make it possible. Add on the fact that the pill will disappear soon and the fact that you'd have to get a very specific hit in at that exact point and you can see why it would be too unlikely. To be honest though even if it is situational I think it might be worth perhapps checking to see if a pills jumped over someone, because you can hit them into the pill and get another hit. Why would you want to upB cancel though? It's laggy :laugh: you'd have too much lag to get another hit anyway AND I rly don't think the upB cancel combos cos it sends them too far and you have too much lag. although I did manage to get an UpB cancel to fair on a fox once

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I think the idea of hitting someone into a pill is rly situational anyway. The pill has to have bounced past them and be high enough in the air to make it possible. Add on the fact that the pill will disappear soon and the fact that you'd have to get a very specific hit in at that exact point and you can see why it would be too unlikely. To be honest though even if it is situational I think it might be worth perhapps checking to see if a pills jumped over someone, because you can hit them into the pill and get another hit.
OH
MY
GOD

*throws his chair*
NO YOU CANT
THAT ONLY WORKS IF PEOPLE LET THAT HAPPEN. DEAR GOD.

I MEAN FEEL FREE TO TRY IT, IF YOU HIT SOMEBODY INTO A PILL, ALL YOU'RE DOING IS GIVING THEM A CHANCE TO LIVE.

O_O

It's like fox upsmashing somebody at 200%, then WANTING them to air tech (invisible ceiling, whatever you want to call it)

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
It's pretty hard to invisible ceiling glitch if you're not Marth or Roy and you're doing singles.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
OH
MY
GOD

*throws his chair*
NO YOU CANT
THAT ONLY WORKS IF PEOPLE LET THAT HAPPEN. DEAR GOD.

I MEAN FEEL FREE TO TRY IT, IF YOU HIT SOMEBODY INTO A PILL, ALL YOU'RE DOING IS GIVING THEM A CHANCE TO LIVE.

O_O

It's like fox upsmashing somebody at 200%, then WANTING them to air tech (invisible ceiling, whatever you want to call it)
People aren't exactly going to expect you to hit them into the pill and so whats the matter with checking to see if you can go for it? It's not like you can't hit you're opponent cos they 'won't let you' otherwise you'll never be able to get anything on them at all :laugh:

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
It's pretty obvious that it'll happen if there's a pill floating around behind them. I think he means you won't be able to follow up on it unless your opponent is stupid.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
No offense but... I've never heard of you. And if you do it "all the time", I doubt you're one of the best Docs in the world.

Sago

Smash Lord
no offense but i've heard of you, your the guy who posts in like every character board ever. And just because you dont know who i am does not mean i'm not the greatest? I use to post here all the time obviously before you did( since you dont know me) Now you know im the best though :)

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
I don't post in every character board ever. I only even read Bowser, Doc, DK, Game and Watch, Ganon, Link, Marth, Mewtwo, Pichu, Pikachu, Roy, Sheik, Young Link and Zelda forums.

And I looked you up on both Smashwiki and YouTube, and I'm really not that impressed. Also, the current best Doc I believe is some cat.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
no no no.
See, you dont understand.

We've literally declared that the best doc player.

This cat. Colbol's Cat. The American Dream.

He's Lurking.

Roman.

Smash Champion
DISCOVERED A CARPET OF PAIN FOR DOC, NOBODY CAN GET THROUGH IT

i mean, last i checked, humans can still feel joy and amusement

so i guess the "point" was to have fun

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Joy and amusement mean nothing to t3h 3m0.

I'm not going to stop taking potshots at you until you reaccept Smash into your life.

Top Bottom