• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unpopular Smash Ultimate Opinions! - Read the OP before Posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Another unpopular opinion: being an AT does not disqualify you from being a character, it just has yet to happen.

While I get why some people want Geno, I don't think it's fair for him to make it in over other worthy characters since he's a side character in a game from decades ago. Others like Isaac, who is 1st party and the main character, and Sora, who is likely much more popular amongst the non-vocal Smash community and owned by the same company, all seem worth of getting in just as much, if not more than Geno. I mean, sure, the online Smash community wants to see Geno a lot, but I bet that if Sora was revealed over Geno, many more of the Smash fans and general gamers who don't engage in Smash's online community would recognize him and be excited than if it was Geno.

I'm a big Sora fan and supporter, but I see tons of reasons why he shouldn't be in the game. He's a pipe dream character that I'd love to see, but don't expect. I feel like that's where Geno should be for people, instead of being someone that many think is guaranteed to be in the game and needs to be.
I can agree to all of this. I like the idea of Geno, but don't think his fanbase represents the actual world very well.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Unpopular opinion: I don't believe Sora is necessarily deserving. This is not an attack to the supporters but I just don't want anything Disney near Smash. At least with Geno, you think of him as Nintendo, a legitimate video game character while with Sora, he's literally everything else, the opposite.

Geno is also an older character, historic in his own right and this is coming from someone who isn't even interested in Geno's inclusion. Sora got lucky.

StormC

Smash Hero
yea those three aren't doing so hot rn.
Donkey Kong is getting ported, and it really only has 1-2 major releases per console (But I still want Kranky, Dixie and Funky). Star Fox's last real hope is the Starlink corssover--other than that, only furries want another Star Fox newcomer. Nintendo pulled the plug on F-Zero a while ago and there hasn't been a game in over a dozen years, so it's easy to take a dump on it.
But really those are three of Nintendo's not-as-successful-as-the-big-boys-but-who-cares franchises. It's too easy to hit on them.
Donkey Kong is the 4th highest selling Nintendo series in Smash. It’s big.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Unpopular opinion: I don't believe Sora is necessarily deserving. This is not an attack to the supporters but I just don't want anything Disney near Smash. At least with Geno, you think of him as Nintendo, a legitimate video game character while with Sora, he's literally everything else, the opposite.

Geno is also an older character, historic in his own right and this is coming from someone who isn't even interested in Geno's inclusion. Sora got lucky.
Totally understood and respected. He's had a fair showing on Nintendo systems (GBA, 2 DS games, 3DS, way more than Geno's one), but the fact that none of KH1-3 are on Nintendo systems is pretty damming.

I see why people want him (lots of them were introduced to KH by playing Nintendo handheld games), heck, I want him, but I can completely see why it's hard to justify his inclusion over 1st party characters or other similarly (or more) loyal 3rd party ones, which is why I don't like to dabble in 3rd party speculation. I just see a bizarre inconsistency with so many Geno's fans thinking he's guarenteed and owed a spot, while most Sora fans seem to accept that he'd be great, but have a great deal of skepticism when it comes to his inclusion.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Totally understood and respected. He's had a fair showing on Nintendo systems (GBA, 2 DS games, 3DS, way more than Geno's one), but the fact that none of KH1-3 are on Nintendo systems is pretty damming.

I see why people want him (lots of them were introduced to KH by playing Nintendo handheld games), heck, I want him, but I can completely see why it's hard to justify his inclusion over 1st party characters or other similarly (or more) loyal 3rd party ones, which is why I don't like to dabble in 3rd party speculation. I just see a bizarre inconsistency with so many Geno's fans thinking he's guarenteed and owed a spot, while most Sora fans seem to accept that he'd be great, but have a great deal of skepticism when it comes to his inclusion.
I don't even consider the "Loyal third party character" a good argument anymore also because it sounds like a d move. Haha There's just something about Sora that make me.. he shouldn't be in. Its kind of impossible to explain but your reasoning is there either way. Like, a merit he's missing only you know.

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
Toys For Bob is a bigger Nintendo Partner than Vicarious... so it shouldn't matter for Crash and Spyro. However generally with the exclusion of Sega, every series had it's start in either the Arcades or NES or SNES

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Is it?

I know Mario and Pokemon are bigger, and I thought Zelda and Wii/Mii were bigger.

Granted Donkey Kong is still huge, but I think it's 5th, isn't it?

StormC

Smash Hero
Is it?

I know Mario and Pokemon are bigger, and I thought Zelda and Wii/Mii were bigger.

Granted Donkey Kong is still huge, but I think it's 5th, isn't it?
Depends on how you count Mii/Wii since WFT seems to be more of a Wii Fit rep. But yeah it’s in the top 5 regardless. It’s behind Mario, Pokemon, and Zelda in that order.

Last edited:

Nyubi

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-2778-3020-7519
For content, I just want a story mode again please. :EvilBub:

I also wouldn't mind more ECCHO FIGHTER, I see a lot of potential characters being Echo Fighter and this way it doesn't influence the gameplay too much.

I ALSO want dlc characters to be gone (maybe a FEW..echo fighter) and instead just put Skins into the game that you could buy with real money, instead of buying dlc characters... If they really need "money" then there are a lot of better options... like putting certain effects or skins in the dlc shop.. something like different looking special moves ( just visual effect ) or new skin types like a Dry Bowser skin :bowser: or even put music that you could buy for certain maps or the main menu... there are so MANY options instead of buying dlc characters and that could get them more money :4bayonetta::4cloud::4corrin::4lucas::4mewtwo::4feroy::4ryu: So please >:v

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
unpopular opinion: I wish all the 3rd party characters were DLC (Yes even the returning ones) so people like me who can't stand the 3rd parties in Smash don't have to see them on the CSS or their stages mixed in with the stage list if they don't want to.

Another unpopular opinion: Don't bring back trophies, stickers, or custom moves. Those collectibles aren't fun to grind for to me anymore. Yeah it was cool in 64 and even Melee (trophies) because we got to see a lot of characters in 3D for the first time AND it was the youth of the internet when those games came out so it could be a good "history" lesson. But now I'd rather Sakurai just focus on other areas of development and not even bother UNLESS he gives trophies some more use other than "look at them and read description" what that other use is idk. Custom moves always sucked and were useless to me in Smash 4 I didn't know anyone who used them, you couldn't use them online, and the competitive community never bothered so just scrap the idea (which I think Sakurai already has). Give the custom moves that would've gone to certain characters to their echoes instead.

One more unpopular opinion: Not really digging Ganondorf's Ocarina look I much prefer his Twilight Princess look.

Ryuuma

Smash Apprentice
- I love Super Mario RPG, but i dont think geno deserves a spot in the roster. He is just a sidekick in a single game. Looking at him both as a Mario or as a Square enix charater, there are other characters that might be better reps.

- I was happy with bomberman being a A.T, I think as a character, he would be very boring and uninspired

- For the reason above, I don’t like Sonic, he just… Rolls

- I felt very sad when they showed that link moveset changed so poorly. We have three links for god’s sake, why tease BoT link in the first trailer just to change its grab? I feel like they could totally revamp the character with runes and brittle weapons mechanic.

- I’m hoping that dixie wont make it for ultimate. Because if she is in right now, she is just going to be a Clone. But for a next instalment (hopefully without this awful echo fighter appealing) she might enter with an unique moveset

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Yeah, if you look at old numbers.
I know tropical freeze has sold 1.4 million which is why I want more DK characters. But it simply doesn't sell like it used to anymore.
Granted, I personally think DK is everything better than FE. I could care less about FE. But it's just so much easier for them to add another FE character than another DK one.

StormC

Smash Hero
Yeah, if you look at old numbers.
I know tropical freeze has sold 1.4 million which is why I want more DK characters. But it simply doesn't sell like it used to anymore.
Granted, I personally think DK is everything better than FE. I could care less about FE. But it's just so much easier for them to add another FE character than another DK one.
TF was on the Wii U so the comparison isn't really fair. The Switch port has already outsold the Wii U numbers, while DKCR sold 5 million, which is more than the entire Metroid Prime trilogy combined. Wait until DK Switch is out before saying it "doesn't sell like it used to."

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Yeah Returns sold 5 million on Wii and Returns 3D almost sold 2 million. Put those 2 together you get 7 million sold. The first DKC sold 8 million, DKC2 sold 5 million, DKC3 sold 3 million, DK64 sold 5 million. So how are those numbers not comparable to the old? When they are in the same ballpark. Tropical Freeze sold 2 million total on Wii U (after the Nintendo Select re-release) and Tropical Freeze is selling faster on Switch than it did on Wii U. So please get that "DK doesn't sell as much as it use to" BS out of here.

UserKev

Smash Champion
unpopular opinion: I wish all the 3rd party characters were DLC (Yes even the returning ones) so people like me who can't stand the 3rd parties in Smash don't have to see them on the CSS or their stages mixed in with the stage list if they don't want to.

Another unpopular opinion: Don't bring back trophies, stickers, or custom moves. Those collectibles aren't fun to grind for to me anymore. Yeah it was cool in 64 and even Melee (trophies) because we got to see a lot of characters in 3D for the first time AND it was the youth of the internet when those games came out so it could be a good "history" lesson. But now I'd rather Sakurai just focus on other areas of development and not even bother UNLESS he gives trophies some more use other than "look at them and read description" what that other use is idk. Custom moves always sucked and were useless to me in Smash 4 I didn't know anyone who used them, you couldn't use them online, and the competitive community never bothered so just scrap the idea (which I think Sakurai already has). Give the custom moves that would've gone to certain characters to their echoes instead.

One more unpopular opinion: Not really digging Ganondorf's Ocarina look I much prefer his Twilight Princess look.
I wanna agree with this while at the same time, the trophies really bring life and magic to the game. Their a deep part of Smash by this point and wouldn't necessarily work in any other game. I totally agree with your stance on third parties and I REALLY wished they weren't in aside from Pac-Man and Sonic. They make Smash actually feel less "ultimate" and more "try hard" to me. Bayo either needs to be nerfed or dropped.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos

Agreed wholeheartedly. Honestly, I'm just sick of items and collectables in video games altogether.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
Everyone who's important is already in the game, anything else at this point is just gravy.

Smash Bros should have it's own character in the form of a primid with several moves based on enemies from SSE,.

Anime swordsman are fine, it's fire emblem swordsman that aren't.

I like Wario's moveset the way it is. It was a much better idea to base him off of Warioware than it was Wario Land, as Warioware is not only a better series, but am ore unique one.

I don't like having more than one version of a character like Dr. Mario or even Zero Suit Samus, but I make an exception for Link since he's technically three different characters.

I don't like the way everyone refers to characters as "reps" like the characters are delegates for a country or something. It's a fun crossover fighting game and I think we sometimes take it a little too seriously.

Mii fighters were a good inclusion, and significant enough to Nintendo to be added to Smash. And people who are okay with Wii Fit Trainer, Mr. Game and Watch, and R.O.B. but not Miis are biased hypocrites.

Toon Link driving the spirit train and still being a playable character is a legitimately good argument against characters being deconfirmed for appearing in the background and I don't know why it's used as a joke so often.

I don't know if these last two are a unpopular opinions or not, but it's a thought that I had. I think playable characters should be assist trophies too. As long as nobody's playing them, there should be a chance that someone on the roster could come out and start fighting temporarily, or maybe they do an attack that isn't part of their moveset... Part of me wants this because I think it's a legitimately good idea, and the other part of me wants this to see the chaos it would create during speculation season.

And I'm okay with Smash Bros being retired after Ultimate, especially if we can't have another game with everyone in it again. I'd only be okay with Smash Bros 6 having significant cuts if the very core of the game was changed and played nothing like the 2D platform fighter we all know and love.

And that's all I got for the moment.

Last edited:

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Anime swordsman are fine, it's fire emblem swordsman that aren't.
What about Fire Emblem Axewomen? Are those fine?

I don't like the way everyone refers to characters as "reps" like the characters are delegates for a country or something. It's a fun crossover fighting game and I think we sometimes take it a little too seriously.
In my defense, I only call them "reps" because it's shorter... with the exception of Aloy and Twintelle. But that's because I like making people who already don't like those two characters for stupid reasons even angrier.

Mii fighters were a good inclusion, and significant enough to Nintendo to be added to Smash. And people who are okay with Wii Fit Trainer, Mr. Game and Watch, and R.O.B. but not Miis are biased hypocrites.
Preach it!

Toon Link driving the spirit train and still being a playable character is a legitimately good argument against characters being deconfirmed for appearing in the background and I don't know why it's used as a joke so often.
Because the idea of a giant Alfonzo on Pyrosphere is hilarious regardless of the context.

I, for one, am fed up with starter Pokemon in Smash, they take up a good chunk of the roster and are the most lazy, predictable & uninspired choices.
In terms of speculating on the next newcomer Pokemon (mostly Generation 7), majority of the popular picks are dull. Tapu Koko, Buzzwole, Lycanroc, Pheromosa, (the ill-fated) Mimikyu & such are all boring to pick from. But if were to be any Gen 7 Pokemon at all, it would be Golisipod and with Guzma in the background as it's hype man.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
TF was on the Wii U so the comparison isn't really fair. The Switch port has already outsold the Wii U numbers, while DKCR sold 5 million, which is more than the entire Metroid Prime trilogy combined. Wait until DK Switch is out before saying it "doesn't sell like it used to."
Alright yeah that's fair
Can we all agree that DK is doing better than FE?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Alright yeah that's fair
Can we all agree that DK is doing better than FE?
I find that its a bit tribalistic to really pursue who sells more.

Different games have different budgets, goals, genres, and audiences, so its never a good comparison.

Point is, both series are successful. The problem wasn't that we didn't have like seven DK characters, it was that we didn't have the DK main cast (and won't til Dixie is included).

Fire Emblem has its main cast now.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
I find that its a bit tribalistic to really pursue who sells more.

Different games have different budgets, goals, genres, and audiences, so its never a good comparison.

Point is, both series are successful. The problem wasn't that we didn't have like seven DK characters, it was that we didn't have the DK main cast (and won't til Dixie is included).

Fire Emblem has its main cast now.
The problem is that FE's main cast is more one and done than Dk Or Mario, Zelda, Kirby, Metroid, etc. Those games have characters appearing throughout their histories. For FE, however, many of its characters appeared in only a few, sometimes only one game.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The problem is that FE's main cast is more one and done than Dk Or Mario, Zelda, Kirby, Metroid, etc. Those games have characters appearing throughout their histories. For FE, however, many of its characters appeared in only a few, sometimes only one game.
How is this a problem?

The series has a cast that changes most games. You just add characters from notable titles and fan favorites. That's exactly what Smash did.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
How is this a problem?

The series has a cast that changes most games. You just add characters from notable titles and fan favorites. That's exactly what Smash did.
I'll say it again: I don't hate FE at all. But this may come out wrong:

If Fe's cast is ever-changing, why don't they do so with it's roster? If the game constantly replaces old characters for new ones, that's not an excuse to have seven character in a game predominantly featuring actual gaming icons. If you ask me, to keep this controversy down, they should totally gut the roster in half, and keep the fighters people want (And I feel like more people like Roy than Marth, but that's just a grain of salt). Removing the unnecessary clones and keeping the fighters that were requested would be better. Get rid of Lucina, Corrin and Robin, since they were pretty far from people's thoughts. Roy, Marth, Chrom and Ike would be better staying. Then use the three slots removed for series that have ended up underrepresented as a result of, well, everything that happened in Smash 4.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If Fe's cast is ever-changing, why don't they do so with it's roster?
People's favorites and history don't change just because something new came along.

Get rid of Lucina,
You're a mad man.

The Fire Emblem fanbase would go nuts.

That aside, your idea doesn't work for the "Everyone is Here" angle.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
When it comes to the Fire Emblem cast being cut down in a future installment, I think Lucina and Chrom are definitely the most expendable. They're both clone characters, and both originate from the same game as Robin, who would likely be kept since he's actually unique. Sure, both are popular with the FE crowd, but I don't think that'll hold much impact if roster cuts have to happen.

After that, Corrin and Roy would probably be next to go. Then, if the roster ended up downsizing a lot, Ike and Robin. Only way I see Marth being the last man standing is if the roster went down to 12-20 characters. Which I wouldn't mind seeing happen.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
When it comes to the Fire Emblem cast being cut down in a future installment, I think Lucina and Chrom are definitely the most expendable. They're both clone characters, and both originate from the same game as Robin, who would likely be kept since he's actually unique. Sure, both are popular with the FE crowd, but I don't think that'll hold much impact if roster cuts have to happen.
FE fans would only stomach Lucina and Chrom getting the axe (heh) after Ultimate if they became alt costumes of Marth.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Depends on how you count Mii/Wii since WFT seems to be more of a Wii Fit rep. But yeah it’s in the top 5 regardless. It’s behind Mario, Pokemon, and Zelda in that order.
Imagine how high the sales would've been if we got a consistent flow of quality games like Mario, Pokemon and Zelda though.......

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
People's favorites and history don't change just because something new came along.
I've never played Fire Emblem, but I do like its characters in Smash - at least Ike and Robin.

My one big problem with the "Fire Emblem should get one-offs" outlook is that there are other series which are mostly one-offs which don't get the same thing. As a Zelda fan, it's getting tiring seeing the series only represented in Smash by three (!) versions of the main character, two versions of the princess, and a version of the villain who was originally a clone of someone totally unrelated. Zelda also has numerous one-off characters who are fan favorites and memorable in their own ways, but they are all denied since 'they're not recurring.' Why does one franchise get its fan-favorites and/or flavors of the month, whereas the other is beholden to a strict 'no one-timers' rule?

You can't tell me that Midna or Skull Kid is less of a fan favorite character than some of the current Fire Emblem crew.

D

Deleted member

Why is Ritcher belmont an Echo Fighter if he clearly has different specials
That's not true at all. Pretty much anything Simon can do in Smash, Richter can as well. The differences between them aside from animations and holy water color seem to be subtle at best.

Oddball

Smash Lord
The designation of Echo Fighters is too erratic. Why is Ritcher belmont an Echo Fighter if he clearly has different specials, when the same can be said of Roy, Dr. Mario and Toon/Young Link and yet they're left to fend for themselves against people getting sick of overrepresentation because they're just "semi-clones."
People try to break echoes into seperate categories and I just don't see the point. There aren't enough echoes to really justify it. Echoes don't need a seperate category other than just "echoes". It's just that some echoes are more similiar than other echoes.

Ryuuma

Smash Apprentice
The designation of Echo Fighters is too erratic. Why is Ritcher belmont an Echo Fighter if he clearly has different specials, when the same can be said of Roy, Dr. Mario and Toon/Young Link and yet they're left to fend for themselves against people getting sick of overrepresentation because they're just "semi-clones."

But Richter specials arent different from Simon

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
I'll say it again: I don't hate FE at all. But this may come out wrong:

If Fe's cast is ever-changing, why don't they do so with it's roster? If the game constantly replaces old characters for new ones, that's not an excuse to have seven character in a game predominantly featuring actual gaming icons. If you ask me, to keep this controversy down, they should totally gut the roster in half, and keep the fighters people want (And I feel like more people like Roy than Marth, but that's just a grain of salt). Removing the unnecessary clones and keeping the fighters that were requested would be better. Get rid of Lucina, Corrin and Robin, since they were pretty far from people's thoughts. Roy, Marth, Chrom and Ike would be better staying. Then use the three slots removed for series that have ended up underrepresented as a result of, well, everything that happened in Smash 4.
What controversy? You have some in the core fandom acting pissy, and... ... ... ... ... .

Clones take virtually no development time at all; the only thing they'd have possibly taken away from is other clones. It's like the other guy pissed off about 3rd parties on the base roster because he can't stand seeing any sort of content from them in the game; petty and illogical.

Why not get rid of Roy, Chrom, and Ike? Since they're just different flavors of swordfighter. Marth's Marth, Lucina's the breakout (and a pure clone), and Robin and Corrin are the two most unique FE characters on the roster (far more than Roy and Ike, with Chrom just being Roy with a couple tweaked animations and a variation of Ike's up-special).

Cutting characters doesn't in any way magically make room for others. If a character can be ported over or easily re-created, they'll do it. When Sakurai's repeated philosophy is that he wants to avoid cuts as much as possible and that's culminated with Ultimate's "Everyone is here" tagline, why is the discussion even more focused on ******** about which series gets what.

Seriously, what controversy? Why should they pander to an irate vocal minority with arbitrary and illogical demands?
I've never played Fire Emblem, but I do like its characters in Smash - at least Ike and Robin.

My one big problem with the "Fire Emblem should get one-offs" outlook is that there are other series which are mostly one-offs which don't get the same thing. As a Zelda fan, it's getting tiring seeing the series only represented in Smash by three (!) versions of the main character, two versions of the princess, and a version of the villain who was originally a clone of someone totally unrelated. Zelda also has numerous one-off characters who are fan favorites and memorable in their own ways, but they are all denied since 'they're not recurring.' Why does one franchise get its fan-favorites and/or flavors of the month, whereas the other is beholden to a strict 'no one-timers' rule?

You can't tell me that Midna or Skull Kid is less of a fan favorite character than some of the current Fire Emblem crew.
I wouldn't tell you that; I wouldn't object to their inclusion in the slightest.

Nobody is saying LoZ shouldn't get any of that; I don't think I've ever seen anybody claim anything of the sort. The only semi-consistent thing I can think of are a few people rationalizing why Zelda hasn't gotten more newcomers; I sincerely doubt most of those people would object to it getting some.

Your fundamental "argument" is basically "if I can't get stuff I like than these people shouldn't either".

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
I, for one, am fed up with starter Pokemon in Smash, they take up a good chunk of the roster and are the most lazy, predictable & uninspired choices.
Really, who isn't?

In terms of speculating on the next newcomer Pokemon (mostly Generation 7), majority of the popular picks are dull. Tapu Koko, Buzzwole, Lycanroc, Pheromosa, (the ill-fated) Mimikyu & such are all boring to pick from. But if were to be any Gen 7 Pokemon at all, it would be Golisipod and with Guzma in the background as it's hype man.
Mimikyu has been long since de-confirmed. Tapu Koko never mattered. Buzzwole is a meme and Lycanroc is just, Lycanroc. I feel like you not mentioning the most hyped default Starter makes this come off as not an unpopular opinion.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Implying I don't want Zelda one offs

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I wouldn't tell you that; I wouldn't object to their inclusion in the slightest.

Nobody is saying LoZ shouldn't get any of that; I don't think I've ever seen anybody claim anything of the sort. The only semi-consistent thing I can think of are a few people rationalizing why Zelda hasn't gotten more newcomers; I sincerely doubt most of those people would object to it getting some.

Your fundamental "argument" is basically "if I can't get stuff I like than these people shouldn't either".
Implying I don't want Zelda one offs
Don’t get me wrong - I don’t mind most of the Fire Emblem, and I have Ike and Robin as some of my most played.

I just don’t like that Zelda can’t get it when Fire Emblem can. I think we should get more Zelda characters, not fewer Fire Emblems.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master

You're a mad man.

The Fire Emblem fanbase would go nuts.

That aside, your idea doesn't work for the "Everyone is Here" angle.
"The FE fanbase would go nuts."
Please. I'm sure with Chrom and Robin from literally the same and only game all three of them appeared in people should be fine. We went through Smash 4 with no Kirby, Zelda, DK or Metroid newcomers and we were all patient. If FE fans seriously can't be satisfied with six characters they're the ones who are truly nuts.

And for the record everyone, please stop trying to make FE look like the victim here. This is about opinions. My opinion is that before FE gets another rep someone should be removed. And that's the controversy right here: Debating over FE. Marth is fine. Roy is fine. Lucina and CHrom are just clones so i could care less if they gutted them. Corrin is boring, just a sword weilder with the same air-juggling playstyle but with different footstool combos. The same applies for Robin. Ike is fine since he's a heavyweight.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Unpopular opinions:

-Some characters who are playable should also have an assist trophy counterpart. For example, Donkey Kong should appear as an assist trophy who throws barrels at players and punches the ground to create earthquakes. When the character is used in a battle, the assist trophy of that character won't appear during the match (but others will).

-Mario shouldn't have the FLUDD into his moveset, it should instead be an item who everyone can use. Holding the jump button after a jump should let you float, and the attack button would let you shot water; it would be a mix between the raccoon leaf and the wind pot from Smash 4. When you run out of water, the item would just disappear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom