• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unpopular Smash 4 Opinions v2.0 - Read the OP before posting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Playing Uprising is on my to-do list but I know very little about the game in general other than Palutena apparently being a huge troll. Is there realistic hope that Dark Pit could have mostly his own moves like Ness/Lucas, or is it more likely to be a Melee Mario/Dr. Mario situation?
Dark Pit's not a bad character (even though the trope is done to death), it's just that it would have been all too easy to just make him an ALT. This game is going to have more than a dozen extra characters put in by using ALTs alone with three of them being DARK Samus, DARK Link, and DARK Metaknight so DARK Pit being his own character is a little obtuse if you ask me, especially if it does wind up being true that Wolf was reduced to a Fox ALT in this game.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Dark Pit's not a bad character (even though the trope is done to death), it's just that it would have been all too easy to just make him an ALT. This game is going to have more than a dozen extra characters put in by using ALTs alone with three of them being DARK Samus, DARK Link, and DARK Metaknight so DARK Pit being his own character is a little obtuse if you ask me, especially if it does wind up being true that Wolf was reduced to a Fox ALT in this game.
I saw the "Wolf" alt. It's just the Brawl coloring. It's no alt. Doesn't mean Wolf is still in, though.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Time for a really unpopular opinion... Megaman's probably not going to be in the next Smash. It kills me because he was one of most wanted characters for Melee, Brawl, and SSB4 but with Capcom still being cartoonishly butthurt about Inafune overall, I don't see the series continuing unless another company outright buys the license for it. If Nintendo was smart, they'd do it but, as of right now, I see Megaman going the way of Snake by the next game.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
- I think Duck Hunt and Mach Rider would be great choices
- I prefer X and Zero over classic Mega Man, though I still like him a lot. (He definitely deserved to be in over X and Zero)
- Even though I played Wolf, Lucas and IC a lot, I don't mind them being cut. (I still hope they get in)
- Your favorite character being confirmed as an AT (or Final Smash :awesome:) is better than not being in at all.
- Poking fun at the characters you support is healthy.

DoctorDub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrDubious
I hate Falco.
I hate Wolf.
I hate R.O.B
I hate Wario SO MUCH. I WAS ANGERED BY HIS RETURN. I STILL AM.
I think Ridley and Mewtwo should be in, but only for people's reactions. I wouldn't play them.
I actually don't care about Jigglypuff. At all. Not one bit. Nope.
Tiers DO count, because they're the only source of ranking we'll ever find. If "tiers don't matter", that gives people the ability to John me with "Your main is OP. So what about bottom Tier? Nope. Still OP. Tiers don't matter." then "What do you mean I'm playing Fox? So what. He's not even slightly OP compared to you. Tiers don't matter." God damnit.

Fex13

Smash Apprentice
- chrom shouldve been a playable character
- i dont think ridley fits as a playable character
- all the original characters from the first smash should be playable in every following smash game until they decide to stop releasing another smash.
- i would be really happy if ICs are cut
- i want true combos in this game (no matter DI or whatever...)
- sonic shouldnt be there anymore

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
- As a Mario newcomer I think that Rosalina is a better addition than Bowser Jr.
- I never took the Sceptile hype seriously. It shocks me to see all those 10 + % in the RTC archives for the days when Sceptile was rated.
- I'm fine with Ice Climbers being cut at this point, and I don't think that their potential cut is due primarily to technical limits, but instead because they were low on the priority list for two main reasons: their franchise is quite possibly the most sterile one represented in Smash (they literally have only one NES games and its multiple re-editions), and their gameplay is entirely based on an unbalanced gimmick (losing Nana makes you too underpowered).

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Even as an Ice Climbers main, I'd rather have a solo Ice Climber than no Ice Climbers at all. It's not a preference, of course, but it's totally possible to style with Sopo, so I'd at least like to be able to do that.

Last edited:

Spirst

I don't give a damn about Lucas, Ice Climbers, Ridley, K.Rool, or Dixie.

I see Megaman going the way of Snake by the next game.
Oh, so he'll still be in it but just a secret character, right?

Right? RIIIGHT?

:cry:

Last edited:

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I can't stand when people compare The Legend of Zelda to Pokemon, Pokemon is more than twice as big as Zelda is and it deserves more reps than Zelda does... and Link isn't Nintendo's second most famous/popular character, Pikachu is. Heck, Luigi is probably above Link, too.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I can't stand when people compare The Legend of Zelda to Pokemon, Pokemon is more than twice as big as Zelda is and it deserves more reps than Zelda does... and Link isn't Nintendo's second most famous/popular character, Pikachu is. Heck, Luigi is probably above Link, too.
Don't tell me it went there...

I hate so much repping arguments. It's the same logic that spawned Mario >= everyone else = no mewtwo. Same that basically, is mostly anti support while it really doesn't have to do with numbers in priority.

It's so screwed up, I don't know why it's not mentioned that much.

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Saying "hype" all the time as a noun, verb, and adjective instead of more interesting and expressive words, that sound less highschool-jock-sounding, can be a little overbearing.

Last edited:

Zer0Shade

Smash Rookie
NNID
Zer0Shade
3DS FC
0104-0338-8112
Opinion 1: I don't like Megaman's model. Something about it bugs me, I thinks it's the cheeks or the bland facial animations.
Opinion 2: As much as I love Metroid series, I don't think Ridley would be a good fighter choice.
Opinion 3: I don't think that Pac-Man is good addition to the "Ultimate fight between famous mascots" of Mario, Sonic and Megaman.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I just can't wait till everyone begins ripping on the 3DS version using various colorful insults because their favorite newcomer is not in. Because I guess the 3DS is now the new coolest thing to hate on.

In other words, no. I still don't think the 3DS version was a terrible idea.

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
The best unpopular opinion:
- I think Smash 4 WAS, IS and WILL ALWAYS BE the game with possibly the worst roster IN FIGHTING GAME HISTORY...even worse than Mario Kart 8's roster....yes...

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
As a Dark Pit supporter, I'm disappointed with his moveset, he had so much potential. :C

People will accept the final roster as it is eventually..
Woops.. double post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
It's undoubtedly apparent now that this game is broken into two pieces. Sure, there's enough content to say the game is "complete" but it's not the super deluxe package that we usually get. It's a shame for those who only plan on getting one.

ToadsterOven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ToadsterOven
3DS FC
3711-6996-2029
1. Was Dr. Mario really that necessary to bring back? Guy could have just as easily been an alt costume for Mario ala Project M

2. Dark Pit. While I actually liked the character in Kid Icarus Uprising, he doesn't seem to do much that Pit doesn't already do in smash 4. If he attacked using that staff his artwork shows, it would be another subject entirely, but from what's been seen, DP only seems to use the bow and a different Arm weapon for his side B.

3. The lack of chaingrabbing would've messed with their competitive meta no doubt, but funny how two newcomers who share the IC's gig of two characters for the price of one, yet the Ice Climbers themselves are not in.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I'm starting to think that the line between unpopular opinion and opinion that is actually shared among most users is starting to get distorted.

Nonetheless...

1. I have no complaints about the roster.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I started off hating this roster. Not gonna lie. I filled threads with my complaints about it several times. Saying. "Just add Palutena" or "This roster is bad outside of Palutena"

With the addition of Palutena, Doc, Dark Pit, Wii fit trainer, Shulk, and the 8 koopalings I'm actually happy with the roster now.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I started off loving the idea of Duck Hunt and was behind the inclusion 100%. After seeing the character's moveset, I don't like it. So I suppose I'm the exact opposite of the majority in this scenario.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I'm so glad they added Bowser Jr., Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and ROB
Over Mewtwo, Ridley, Geno, Impa, Wolf, Black Shadow, Ice Climbers

wait a sec, no i'm not glad at all.

Hate the roster.

Way to make Duck Hunt dogs move set boring, could of atleast used Dog moves.
Good call on the banjo back bird tho.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Flaxr XIII's Drinking Game:
Take a stab in the face everytime you see the phrase "waste of a slot", "X should've got in over Y", or "more deserving".
*beat*
I no longer have a face...

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
My opinions, some of which I think are not shared by many...
  • I would have been perfectly OK with Mewtwo being in the game as a Lucario clone and Ridley being a Charizard clone. I've been OK with Falcondorf for years, so if those others got the same treatment, that wouldn't faze me. I just wanted them in.

• I'm perfectly OK with Lucina existing as a clone but not Dr. Mario or Dark Pit. I just don't like either of their standard characters, so I didn't want to see them doubled, whereas I'm indifferent to Marth so a second of him is acceptable.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I'm a little upset Little Mac got sixteen different colors/costumes and Wario, Olimar, and Villager only got eight each.

T

Trick or Treat

I'm happy that there's a 3DS version. I'm going to get it Day 1, and it looks like a great game. And it's awesome for those who don't have a Wii U.

However, I'm still unhappy over the apparent insistence that things like the roster has to be the same between both versions. Even with DLC for stages, characters, modes, anything, it's just silly, in my opinion, to be so adamant about that. The 3DS is, in a sense, limiting the Wii U, it seems. I'm happy that there are two versions of the game, but I do hope they change their mind about the Wii U version.

HugoBoss

Smash Journeyman
The roster feels incomplete. Not bad, just more to be desired.
The newcomers are fantastic, but the roster overall is possibly the worst in the franchise. Still a fantastic roster.
I had my doubts of the Big 3
Starting to lose respect for roster supporters more than the roster haters. I like the roster, but it's "fans" are really immature.
No Clones> Clones. Next time, spend more time on improving the current roster than unnecessary pandering
Roster wise, this game is a step back from Brawl
The Relevancy direction nearly ruined this roster.
3DS version looks empty
There WILL be DLC.

VKatana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
erivatro5
3DS FC
4527-8168-1631
I think the most unpopular opinion on this thread seems to be "The roster is perfectly fine." Also, I kinda wish Luigi had a Dr. Luigi alt or something else special based on the Year of Luigi. As far as DLC goes, I think it can and will be a big part of Sm4sh's future 2 or 3 years down the road. New stages, new characters, maybe even new competitive mechanics. Also I'm really hoping the NeoGAF leak about unlocking the Big 3 by syncing the versions is true, although I could not even give less of a crap about Chorus Kids. I don't want them to get in, I don't think they deserve to be in. And I'm fine with the clones, personally.

HugoBoss

Smash Journeyman
I think the most unpopular opinion on this thread seems to be "The roster is perfectly fine." Also, I kinda wish Luigi had a Dr. Luigi alt or something else special based on the Year of Luigi. As far as DLC goes, I think it can and will be a big part of Sm4sh's future 2 or 3 years down the road. New stages, new characters, maybe even new competitive mechanics. Also I'm really hoping the NeoGAF leak about unlocking the Big 3 by syncing the versions is true, although I could not even give less of a crap about Chorus Kids. I don't want them to get in, I don't think they deserve to be in. And I'm fine with the clones, personally.
If anything, it 's the most popular unpopular opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom