• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unpopular Smash 4 Opinions v2.0 - Read the OP before posting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Afraid of posting an opinion/statement pertaining to Smash 4 because you know nobody will agree with you? Then this is the thread for you! All thanks to one golden rule for this topic: NO CRITICIZING OTHER POSTER'S OPINIONS.

Original thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/unpopular-smash-4-opinions-share-them-here.342955/
Welcome to the remake of one of the more POPULAR Smash 4 discussion threads! ;)

Due to the volatile nature of the boards recently I've decided to remake this thread but with a clearer and stricter rule set in place to help avoid confusion and promote civil discussion. Keep in mind that moderators will be keeping a sharp eye in here and those who choose to ignore the rules will be handed out warnings/infractions accordingly.

RULES:
1) No criticizing another poster's opinions (both directly and indirectly). When you come across an opinion you don't agree with either ignore it, address it in another thread, or take it to PMs.
2) No engaging other posters in debate especially if it's likely to derail the thread or promote flaming/trolling.
3) Opinions that are intentionally made to flame/troll other posters are not allowed. Example: "Anyone who likes Mario is stupid."
4) Posts that have nothing to do with Smash 4 WiiU/3DS will be treated as spam. Keep in mind this includes unnecessary one liners as well as picture and gif responses. Example: "Super Mario 64 is the best game ever."
5) This is a less severe issue but try to post opinions that are actually unpopular. There's obviously a lot of grey area in terms of what constitutes as popular or not, but if you see the same opinion being posted repeatedly chances are it's not as unpopular as you think. Example: "Mario's mustache is awesome."

If you catch anyone breaking any of these rules please DO NOT RESPOND TO IT. Instead just hit the "report" button and a moderator will deal with the issue as soon as possible. This would be a huge help in terms of keeping this thread clean and civil. :)

So with that being said allow me to lead us off (once again)!

- I'm still 99% positive that Ridley is in this game as a playable character
- If there's only room for one more veteran Pokemon I'd rather have Jigglypuff return than Mewtwo
- To my dismay I feel even worse about the inclusion of Miis after their reveals
- I thought Palutena's reveal trailer was very bland in comparison to most
- If Toon Link is going to remain a semi-clone of Link I'd prefer if he were cut
- I'm still against the idea of Smash 4 featuring DLC, especially when it comes to characters

DISCUSS!

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
-I believe having two Links is good since there's two main variants, Adult and Child. And due to the art styles and actual different genres, I feel that they don't really all play the same. We have an FPS Zelda starring Adult Link, and the Four Swords games feel to me like Child Link, thus, unique.
-If Ridley isn't playable from the start, he'll likely be in DLC if it's there.
-Pac-Man still does not feel like an interesting character choice(this has nothing to do with his moveset) to me. I believe there's other cool series to represent.
-Beyond Wii Fit Trainer, I feel like all the newcomers are not that unique as an overall set of choices. Greninja does not count since he's a ninja. This does not make them bad choices, just don't feel all that "out there" enough for me to be super interested in the roster choices alone(again, not movesets).

Morbi

Scavenger
Unpopular Opinion: Mii Fighters are a detriment to the roster; not only are they technically three characters, but these characters are not construed in a constructive way. Not only do they emulate certain character archetypes such as Samus; they blatantly reuse moves and even worse, taunts (Samus' d-tilt and Link's taunt for Mii Swordfighter). However, these characters are ill-conceived as they were developed without a method of moderating, as such, they were banned from online play. An easy-to-fix suggestion might entail having an effigy Mii Fighter usable online for those who wish to actually main the character (such as Regii or default Mii). As of current, there is no reason for those who predominately play online to main the character. I do not even want to commit time to learning them as I cannot use them in any other environment aside from offline. So three characters that are unusable in one of the prominent modes. Characters; which objectively speaking, push two other diverse characters off of the priority list. It was a repugnant decision and it attenuates my enthusiasm for the roster.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
-i don't really understand the massive hype overload that is Palutena. I think her trailer was unfaithful to her actual appearance, her model just feels iffy, her moveset does an okay job at representing her, and her Final Smash feels like a combo of Mega Man's and Samus's. I can understand some hype, but she's not a really huge standout newcomer to me.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I don't think Ridley is a good character choice for super smash brothers.

He's cool, but not fit to be apart of the roster.

courte

Smash Lord
I think i'll do a dump post.
-Overall the Smash Fan in me is Happy, The Nintendo fan feels so many unchanged characters and returning veterans is emotionally draining and stagnant. The fighter in me has given up hope and thinks this is the final straw. There will be something akin to PM, then fans will redefine the genre with their own game.
-Team characters should be explored more, and built upon previous iterations. Diddy+Dixie, Pokémon Trainer/Rival, Ice Climbers, Rosalina+Luma
-There are too many Pokémon and Fire Emblem Characters in their respective series for the same repeat returnees.
-I've never played Mario Galaxy but I think Rosalina + Luma is an interesting character design as a fighter. However the smash/Nintendo fan in me would rather have seen Geno, Bowser Jr. and a Sports Themed Daisy.
-Customizable moveset will have some home in tourneys. Nintendo can make it so that you can save your name, button settings, controller preference and custom moveset to your amiibo, but it's likely that they won't.
-With so much blatant copypasta across the gaming industry, my mind is rattled that someone hasn't copied this dynamite formula yet. PSASBR did it as a cash grab and failed badly. To me at the end of the day, new characters don't mean anything if the system you play in feels uneasy [like booty] to the player, Some people like to take it nice and slow. Some people want Toad and Waluigi. I feel they should play Mario party. That game is stacked to not represent all of Nintendo. It's in the name.
-I absolutely hate it when people try to make a case for characters outside of the games aesthetic. Granted it's rather wide but my most reviled are Shulk, Bayonetta. Nintendo ones I don't care for are K.Rool, Toad, Waluigi
-Not that I dislike those characters; I simply would like them in a different setting. This game formula is gangbusters. A publisher with a history of fighters should totally ape it and get tons of others to sign on. I don't understand why Project X Zone has more than one entry, but such a thing has not happened in a smash formula

-Enough with the clones. Each of those characters should be redesigned radically at this point. Ganon + Sword. No reason for two links if they're going to use the same items. Hammers, Iron Boots, Dash Attack, etc. Ditch the FLUDD pack.

-Ridley would rock. the only thing worse than a poorly designed bad character is a poorly designed OP character.
-I think it is SO SUPER messed up that sakurai gives preferential treatment to past titles he's worked on. Kirby got 3 reps last time, and most other franchises don't have a single villain appearance. Samus has fellow Hunters and Ridley, FE has all manner of Mages, Mother 3 had Claus... The list goes on.

-It hurts to see things like Captain Falcon in a smash game, and no new F-Zero since GCN. Hurts a little more when MK8 has anti grav. The last company I want to see coldly killing off franchises is Nintendo, but it's harsh when you keep putting then in smash.

ok. i'm done. i'm sorry

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
If Ganondorf is not going to get

A) a big buff to make him at least as strong as Melee / Project M Ganondorf or

B) a revamp to make him an original character that does not share assets with Captain Falcon, while at the same time adding an F-Zero character to fill in Ganondorf's old role as the slower, heavier-hitting Captain Falcon,

then I want him out of the game.

Doing neither A nor B won't make me happy or my friends who are big Falcondorf fans happy, and insults Ganondorf / Canondorf fans everywhere. We'd be left with Brawl's bottom-tier joke character again.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
- The remix they played for Pac-Man's reveal was the hypest thing about said reveal. Not to say I don't like what they did with him.

- I also think it was overall better to reveal him during the round-table discussion rather than at the Invitational/E3, as giving us time to "digest" the information made getting over it (or rather, the alleged "confirmation" of the Sal leak being true) that much easier/quicker, and let us enjoy the later reveal trailer that much more.

- I have nothing against the all but "confirmed" newcomers left, but if we get just them AND cuts such as Lucas, I'll be disappointed. Not as much as Brawl days, however, and I'll probably get over it soon once I play the game/characters themselves.

- Similarly to @ Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones and the old Roster Prediction Thread's fate, I'm sad the other previous thread didn't last long enough for @ The Real Gamer The Real Gamer to mod the **** out of it and enforce the rules with an iron fist rather than making a new thread altogether.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
- The remix they played for Pac-Man's reveal was the hypest thing about said reveal. Not to say I don't like what they did with him.

- I also think it was overall better to reveal him during the round-table discussion rather than at the Invitational/E3, as giving us time to "digest" the information made getting over it (or rather, the alleged "confirmation" of the Sal leak being true) that much quicker, and enjoy the later reveal trailer that much more.

- I have nothing against the all but "confirmed" newcomers left, but if we get just them AND cuts such as Lucas, I'll be disappointed. Not as much as Brawl days, however, and I'll probably get over it soon once I play the game/characters themselves.

- Similarly to @ Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones and the old Roster Prediction Thread's fate, I'm sad the other previous thread didn't last long enough for @ The Real Gamer The Real Gamer to mod the **** out of it and enforce the rules with an iron fist rather than making a new thread altogether.

We don't TALK about that anymore

It was like my red headed step child

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
You can just as easily create a believable 64 character roster from the demo screen as a 47 character roster.

Stop obsessing over it as if it's a holy grail of unintentional infromation

It's given us nothing solid besides the aesthetics.

Last edited:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Unpopular smash opinions:
-Brawl has the best roster in the entire series (we dont kwon smash 4 yet)
-Pichu is the worst character of the series.
-Fire emblen they don't really need another represent...
-Ridley is the most wanted and overated character, in my opinion is just way to akward having him in smash.
-Greninja was really not necessary to be in smash, but...
-Takamaru make a great choice but only japan kwon about them.
-Pikmin series, Mother series, The legend of Zelda series, Mario series, Pokemon Series They don't really need another represent.
-Smash lack of claws user. heck, they even don't have a character that actually use spear.
-Assist trophie are kinda dumb and fall to the pit and die, need to improved A.I. But pokeballs are beast.
-Melee has the best pokeballs rooster because of their offensive behavior.
-Little Mac is the best newcomer in Smash 4.
-Tripping suck except their "Ouch" animation...
-Wavedash and L-cancelling are glitches.(that not mean are bad.)
-Kirby is the best character for all round to beginning until to expert.
-Melee is kind unbalanced in some situations.
-Brawl is UNBALANCED.
-Final Smash are cool but they need mostly a buff on their own.
-Smash only fit with videogame character that are iconic and popular.
-Smash need more underated series character to smash bros.

Magnum Dragon

Smash Rookie
Flame baiting
I'm going to say that I strongly oppose Toon Link's inclusion in any roster ever. To me he's simply a remix of Link who's not as fun to play as (higher tier in Brawl sure, but not in PM).

Last edited:

Kamiko

Smash Ace
-Giving Zelda the Phantom down B was a terrible idea.
-Zero Suit Samus doesn't look close enough to her Zero Mission appearance.
-On a related note, I liked the more normal-looking Fusion underclothes more and prefer that the Zero Suit never became a thing.
-Ridley's body structure is inkredibly easy to work with.
-Giving Ridley a wall-scrape style move is way too much of a cop-out and obviously wouldn't work very well.
-The sword most people want for Ganondorf is both too skinny and too fancy for him.
-Having Ganondorf hold a weapon but only use it for a few moves would be inkredibly stupid.
-Two wider swords fit Ganondorf the best, and anyone who thinks the opposite needs to look up Cervantes.
-I would have no problem with Tingle being playable.
-Many of Marth's attacks come out just a tiny bit too fast for the kind of range and power they have.
-Large, slow characters like Bowser and Ganondorf should have passive super armor against really weak attacks so they can deal with characters like Marth and Meta Knight.
-Walk-off stages are fun, and are fine as long as stupid things like chaingrabs don't exist.
-Allowing for longer combos make the game less skill-oriented because it lessen the amount of times the players' opposing actions interact with each other and promotes sequence memorization too much over adapting to the changing battle conditions.
-Customizeable special moves is as amazing of an idea now as it was when I suggested it a year ago, and also currently have no reason to be banned from tournaments.

This is actually kind of fun! Why didn't I bother with the first thread?

Last edited:

Canuckduck

Smash Ace
-Giving Zelda the Phantom down B was a terrible idea.
-Zero Suit Samus doesn't look close enough to her Zero Mission appearance.
-On a related note, I liked the more normal-looking Fusion underclothes more and prefer that the Zero Suit never became a thing.
-Ridley's body structure is inkredibly easy to work with.
-Giving Ridley a wall-scrape style move is way too much of a cop-out and obviously wouldn't work very well.
-The sword most people want for Ganondorf is both too skinny and too fancy for him.
-Having Ganondorf hold a weapon but only use it for a few moves would be inkredibly stupid.
-Two wider swords fit Ganondorf the best, and anyone who thinks the opposite needs to look up Cervantes.
-I would have no problem with Tingle being playable.
-Many of Marth's attacks come out just a tiny bit too fast for the kind of range and power they have.
-Large, slow characters like Bowser and Ganondorf should have passive super armor against really weak attacks so they can deal with characters like Marth and Meta Knight.
-Walk-off stages are fun, and are fine as long as stupid things like chaingrabs don't exist.
-Allowing for longer combos make the game less skill-oriented because it lessen the amount of times the players' opposing actions interact with each other and promotes sequence memorization too much over adapting to the changing battle conditions.
-Customizeable special moves is as amazing of an idea now as it was when I suggested it a year ago, and also currently have no reason to be banned from tournaments.

This is actually kind of fun! Why didn't I bother with the first thread?
What would you change Zelda's down B to?

Also, if Ganondorf does come back, I hope his final smash will be OoT Ganon, and, similar to C. Falcon's Final Smash, it temporarily transports the effected players to a "new" area, where Ganon will slice into them.

Kamiko

Smash Ace
What would you change Zelda's down B to?

Also, if Ganondorf does come back, I hope his final smash will be OoT Ganon, and, similar to C. Falcon's Final Smash, it temporarily transports the effected players to a "new" area, where Ganon will slice into them.
I'd probably move Nayru's Love there. I don't think we're supposed to be having actual discussions in here though.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
- Sans Pac-Man, E3's characters reveals would have been absolutely terrible. Mii Fighters are exactly what I feared, however they are not the worst-case scenario. But they are still a very bad decision in my mind. It seems like a waste of effort to give three movesets to a single character concept. Granted, they certainly look fun, but only because they are knock-offs of other characters that are fun (Mario, Link, Samus). Plus, the fact that they are stupidly outright removed from With Anyone mode essentially makes them useless for online mode, esp. for the 3DS version. Additionally, the fact that even disregarding the three movesets, they have 12 unique specials made for them and customizable costumes. I feel like there is way too much effort put into a mediocre concept.

- Speaking of custom moves, Palutena, in my eyes, is the icing on the cake in terms of Sakurai's bias. I knew we would get Palutena, but I honestly don't think she would've been such a guarantee if not for the fact she was in a game made by Sakurai. And now that she's in, I see now that there's a lot I don't like about her. Firstly, her design. Her face is very lifeless, uncharacteristic (apparently) of her portrayal in Kid Icarus Uprising. Her moveset is also very destructive from the looks of things (though it's hard to tell, honestly) and she could very be overpowered like Meta Knight and, to a lesser extend, King Dedede, especially given she has the distinction of having 12 completely unique special moves (unlike the other characters).

- I still don't believe the Gematsu leak, regardless of what anyone says. I think parts of it are valid, but there's a lot of inconsistencies in it as well.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I would be completely fine if Pichu were playable again...or if he was free DLC. I'd only be fine with DLC if they are free.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
-I like Pichu and Jigglypuff.

-Not really as hyped as other people are for Megaman.

-Lucario deserved his place in the roster. (In both Brawl and Sm4sh)

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
-Ridley, Dixie Kong, and Chrom should not be playable characters. It makes no sense in the context of the game for them to be playable, whatsoever.

-Palutena's face looks a bit off. She could look more animated like she was in Uprising. Right now she looks like she could be any Final Fantasy or Soul Calibur character.

-I don't mind Sakurai's rampant Kid Icarus representation in the game, although I don't want it to start feeling like that game, seeing as how there's a Fiend's Cauldron-esque element in this game and powers like Heavenly Light are usable in Smash Run. I want Smash Bros. to feel like Smash Bros.

-I'm glad that there won't be a large, drawn out, cinematic single-player mode with cutscenes like SSE in this game. Smash is better off not taking itself seriously in that regard. SSE was fun for the first playthrough, but some (not all) of the story sequences were kinda embarrassing to watch.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

-I'm quite happy with the roster thus far. I am not going to beg for any veteran reveals at this point, and just except them when they arrive.
-Captain Falcon is now a retro character; Smash 4's two retro characters are Captain Falcon and Pac-man.
-I have no opinion on Mega Man's final smash. Shoot me.
-I like the Miis
-In the finalized roster, Lucas being cut is not okay, as it would be the only time in the whole series a franchise has gone down in character representation. (I don't count Dr. Mario, because I consider DK, Yoshi, and Wario as subseries.) In addition, following the train of thought of Lucas being a clone, that actually helps make an argument for him; he consumes less development time.
-Gematsu Leak is real, but the 3rd part is completely useless for not giving any definite answers about Lucas and DLC. The only purpose it has is correctly naming Mii.
-I don't think an Awakening character is needed, just a 3rd Fire Emblem character in general.
-I miss Negative Zone. Sure Poltergust is a better representation of Luigi in the Mario games, but Negative Zone is just too funny.
-I will buy the game if:
  • It is "Brawl 2.0"
  • If Mewtwo, King K. Rool, and/or Ridley don't make the cut.
-Waddle Dee is a seriously overrated character. You can like him, that's not a problem, but seriously, you guys need to calm down. Rosters that have this character over Lucas or Mewtwo just make me cringe.
-Mewtwo will be a hidden character, and he won't get a reveal trailer, because he's a veteran. A veteran not in Brawl, but a veteran none the less.
-I would not mind if Ganondorf stayed the same. IMO he feels quite different than Falcon. Plus, Sparta Kick and Flame Choke

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

??? Make up your mind? :p
What I meant is that because the current roster isn't final, when the final game comes out, there is no excuse to leave him out. In the game's current form, I would be fine without him. I'll make that more clear.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zynux

Smash Lord
From the gameplay that I've seen, I'm pretty disappointed with Wii Fit Trainer. I expected much more out her; but from what I've seen I'm starting to question my initial endorsement of the character. She wasn't nearly as unique as I expected.

I will assert that so far Miis are possibly the worst newcomer we could have gotten in this game, as MorbidAltruism explains perfectly above me. The concept overall ended up being far more redundant, rehashed, and restrictive then I predicted.

Palutena's trailer was very disappointing to me. The character turned out to be far less unique then I imagine, with many of her custom specials to be flat-out uninspired and forced. I was seriously expecting much more. I hope gameplay of her will change my mind, but for now my initial indifference to her is waning to be more and more aggravated to her inclusion. Also, I firmly believe that Palutena would not have even joined the roster if Sakurai hadn't personally himself made Kid Icarus: Uprising, as her merits as a character are highly debatable.

Last edited:

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
The roster in Smash 4 right now is disappointing/awful.
Two extra All three Miis are a waste of space, like everyone else said, they were made to copy what the real fighters do. You know the worst part? At least two veterans are going to be cut for this. That could be any one of:
:falco::ganondorf::jigglypuff::lucas::metaknight::rob::snake::wolf::roypm:
And all of them are unique and better reps than all three Miis could ever be. in.

Realistically the best thing that could happen to this game is if someone made a Project M for it. Hopefully in PAL.
DLC aside, it's the only way to rectify the roster.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
- Even though I want Ridley, he won't be the end-all choice for me to buy the game or not. I feel like deciding your purchase on one character is absolutely ridiculous.

- I'm a bit disappointed I won't be able to troll online as a Goku Mii.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
- The whole notion of "This character that doesn't cater to my personal interests made it into game which means that someone I like will be cut because...well, I say so!" sounds, looks and feels absolutely ridiculous, no one will be cut because someone else made it into the game, a character will be cut because they needed to be cut, and a new character won't be added 'over' an old one.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Unpopular Opinion: I wish for Captain Falcon to be removed from Smash 4 so that Ganondorf is no longer considered a clone.
I wish for Captain Falcon to be removed so he no longer gets butchered by Sakurai.

He's just going to put him the the game with no real changes from Brawl, no different stages, songs, or any proper respect, period, I just know it.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
The E3 reveals were all horrible, except for Palutena who was decent at best. Miis are frankly worse than I could of imagined in terms of how they work, and Pac-Man appears to be in all reality a bland choice who will probably replace the more interesting Snake.

WFT isn't an unique character

Chrom is the worst possible plausible addition that is unconfirmed

Robin is overrated and is a bad choice.

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
Palutena is alright at best. The only reason I would choose her is that I like playing badass female characters.

I feel that customised movesets are a bad idea and will divide the community.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
I'd rather have had Sukapon in Melee over Ice Climbers, even if the complications that left it out in the first place ultimately resulted the non-inclusion of some of the clones (which, if those clones were Young Link and Pichu, I'd be fine with).

I played Brawl before I played Melee and prefer it because I have no chance to play competitively, so it doesn't matter to me that Melee is more competitive-oriented because I care more about the characters than the gameplay mechanics.

I don't see how Chrom could add anything unique that isn't already represented by Marth and Ike without being a semi-clone or mixture of either or both (respectively).

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
-My favorite character is Villager, but I find Animal Crossing boring.
-That said, I was disappointed that both his F-Air and B-Air were the slingshot. I really hoped they'd do something different for one or the other.
-The Amiibos were wasted potential. I'd rather fight myself then some glorified AI.
-If by some logic the Gematsu leak is true, I don't believe they're our only newcomers. If Rosalina is anything to go by.
-Speaking of Rosalina. While I like her more, I still feel there was some meddling from the higher ups to put her in (I mean, when she gets in both Smash 4 and SM3DW, you can't help but wonder).
-Smash 4 will survive if L-Canceling and Wavedashing aren't in.
-Melee vs Smash 4 will be worse than Melee vs Brawl.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Ok, here's a couple....

1. Even though I really want Mewtwo, if it came down to Jigglypuff OR Mewtwo I would choose Jigglypuff.
2. I think with the addition of dlc the roster could total around 60 by the end of the games lifespan.
3. I don't think there should be any Mario or Zelda dlc characters.
4. Overall I think the current selection of newcomers is just slightly above average.
5. The reveal at E3 of Mii Fighter, Palutena and Pac Man wasn't very exciting.

Last edited:

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
-Ridley is very likely in the game... as a boss.
*raises flameshield*
-I actually like Miis. The fact that you get different costumes for them is great for my completionist OCD. More replay value FTW!
-I would choose Jigglypuff over any Pokémon rep just because I want to see her kick ass again. She's such a hilarious and satisfying character.
-I don't mind Gematsu, my worst fears (Pac-Man, Miis) turned out to be pretty good. Or at least good in another way (Look at Opinion 2).
-Chrom has moveset potential with lances and bows, but in the end, Robin has magic, so I like him/her more.
-I wouldn't mind Lucas to be cut, even if he is my Brawl main, since he IMO feels very similar to Ness.
-Extension: I wouldn't mind A LOT of characters to be cut for Newcomers. I don't dislike any of these characters, I just like more newcomers = more new different mechanics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom