• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unpopular Smash 4 Opinions - share them here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
-Even if Ridley isn't a regular Fighter, a Boss Mode where you play as him would be a fine addition, and keep him at his original size.
-Palutena makes a great Assist Trophy over a playable Fighter.
-Google Chrom's too slow. :troll:
-I think Link might be, for once, fairly good.

D

Deleted member

You do realize that's how Banjo & Kazooie ended up being kidnapped by Microsoft and then killed off? What a good choice that was, let's give one of the most memorable cast of characters (Rare's characters) to the root of all gaming evil so they can not use them at all! Also, you're implying that Nintendo's being mediocre? I don't even know what to say to that, so I'll just leave this video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwOJyKxPt1s

Nintendo's upping their marketing right now, and it seems to be working slowly but surely...and I didn't know about that refusal to release specs. But Nintendo's still Nintendo, and without them we wouldn't have real gaming anymore, it's become the 'cool' thing to hate on Nintendo nowadays, all the cool kids (Read: Fraternity ******* and 12-year old COD-obsessed boys) are doing it, and the fact that it's happening ON A SUPER SMASH BROS. FORUM, eugh, it's just disgusting. Yes, Nintendo made some mistakes, but people, especially people on a Smash forum, should stop overblowing them and start looking at the lots of positives. The Wii U's a great console with great hardware and software, if it's capable of outputting something as breathtaking as Mario Kart 8 or Wind Waker HD, then it's good enough for me.
We're not hating on Nintendo, we're raising valid points and criticisms on what they've been doing wrong. True, some people take it a bit too far, but that doesn't mean that their points are any less valid.

And anyone who's anyone knows that arena/Quake-like shooters are where it's at. I'll take rocket jumping and pure fun over 1337 360 n0scopes ZOMG!!11! any day of the week.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Hmm, I think this is turning into a bit of debate, and it's related to nintendo as a whole rather than smash 4. You can have this exact conversation elsewhere on the website (Light House or Nintenzone) for sure, so go move there and feel free to link the topic here. Or drop the topic.

Last edited:

Grimnir

Smash Apprentice
You do realize that's how Banjo & Kazooie ended up being kidnapped by Microsoft and then killed off? What a good choice that was, let's give one of the most memorable cast of characters (Rare's characters) to the root of all gaming evil so they can not use them at all! Also, you're implying that Nintendo's being mediocre? I don't even know what to say to that, so I'll just leave this video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwOJyKxPt1s
This is just ridiculous. "Let's give Nintendo our money even if we don't want their products because a second party developer was sold to Microsoft!". Did you even think your rebuttal through before posting it? Rare got a better offer from Microsoft, so they went over to them. Capitalism. Hardly "kidnapping". Rare retained the rights to the franchise. Do you think letting smaller gaming companies retain their intellectual property rights is a bad thing? I never said Nintendo was mediocre, just that games they have developed have been, and they have laid people off for poor performance. If you're denying even that, then you must have incurable fanboy/girlism

edit: sorry, Shaya. Didn't see your post until after I posted. Dropping it.

Last edited:

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
- I getting real sick of people thinking hat they are Sakurai and shouting "THIS CHARACTER WON'T MAKE IT IN BECAUSE OF (X)"

Your reasons are stupid and you should feel stupid! If you don't like a character, good for you. If you don't like a character everyone else likes, that's fine!

But stop going around saying dumb things like "That character isn't relevant anymore", "Ridley's too big", "Pokemon has too many reps for Jiggs/Mewtwo" or "Snake is a Sony character more than Nintendo" Because Sakurai time and time again, has shown that that doesn't frekking matter! Sakurai chooses which character is most fitting to be in game, and that's it!

Riposte__

Smash Apprentice
Warning Received
People who whine and cry about how nintendo games make them feel are more cancerous to the community then people who want a competitive game.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
- Trying to rationalize the feelings that Smash Brothers causes on lifelong Nintendo gamers will always come out as cold and misinformed from someone who's unable to understand videogames as an art form, seeing them as some sort of corporate toy as opposed to a burning passion.
- The game should never be stripped down to hitboxes, numbers and collisions, Smash would be nothing without the Nintendo magic.
- Since Smash4 speculation has started, like it or not, Smashboards has become more of an overall Smash Bros. forum than a competitive Smash forum.
- Chrom deserves to make the cut way more than less popular characters from FE, regardless of how 'unique' they could be, as evidenced by the moderate backlash at Greninja, people care more about a character actually being relevant and important than having a 'unique moveset'.
- If either Ridley or K.Rool don't make it in, Sakurai will show that he no longer has the necessary criteria to choose characters for future Smash games.
- Fan demand > Uniqueness (Especially for chars like Ridley, K.Rool, Mewtwo and Palutena, who are relevant while still having material for a unique moveset).

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
--I don't understand the hype about returning veterans, with how people say "all they need is XYZ veterans, and they're set." Unless this is their first Smash game, they already "have" those veterans in previous games, so unless they're satisfied with just a flashier coat of paint and maybe a new move or two, I don't understand the fixation. Although obviously, I understand why people don't want veterans cut.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
--I don't understand the hype about returning veterans, with how people say "all they need is XYZ veterans, and they're set." Unless this is their first Smash game, they already "have" those veterans in previous games, so unless they're satisfied with just a flashier coat of paint and maybe a new move or two, I don't understand the fixation. Although obviously, I understand why people don't want veterans cut.
That's actually easy; Every game itself has changed mechanics. Speed, techniques, combos...

Playing Mewtwo in Brawl would be different from Melee. So it makes more of a difference than just "favorite character". It's more or less why the whole "just play the earlier game" doesn't work as a good suggestion to people. They like the character, but they want them with the changed mechanics. So it makes a lot more of a difference than people realize.

...It also helps I've seen people state this too. Of course, some don't want anyone cut as is, respectively. But that's not always it.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
That's actually easy; Every game itself has changed mechanics. Speed, techniques, combos...

Playing Mewtwo in Brawl would be different from Melee. So it makes more of a difference than just "favorite character". It's more or less why the whole "just play the earlier game" doesn't work as a good suggestion to people. They like the character, but they want them with the changed mechanics. So it makes a lot more of a difference than people realize.

...It also helps I've seen people state this too. Of course, some don't want anyone cut as is, respectively. But that's not always it.
I guess I understand that, I just personally disagree. I'm still mother****ing Captain Falcon Falcon Punching mother****ing Pikachu no matter how floaty or fast the characters are. And especially with the older characters, there are multiple games' worth of mechanics to toy around with, a third or fourth set of mechanics isn't all that thrilling to me.

I'd rather Tinkerbell be the game's Fairy Rep. Fairy Reps are things now, right?

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger

I agree with this sentiment, I feel that way about Ganondorf. He plays vastly different from Melee to Brawl to Project M. The different physics are noticeable enough and they directly influence whether or not I enjoy any given character. So I would make the assertion that the game only needs Ganondorf in my case. I could always play preceding games with Ganondorf (which I do), but I want to play Smash 4 as Ganondorf. He is my main, so naturally I will want to play him in Smash 4. I care about him more than a newcomer because I am guaranteed to enjoy him as a character.

As for another unpopular opinion: Ganondorf doesn't need an overhaul.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I guess I understand that, I just personally disagree. I'm still mother****ing Captain Falcon Falcon Punching mother****ing Pikachu no matter how floaty or fast the characters are. And especially with the older characters, there are multiple games' worth of mechanics to toy around with, a third or fourth set of mechanics isn't all that thrilling to me.
No big deal if you disagree with it. Understanding is all that matters. :)

-JIgglypuff doesn't need fairy moves. She's awesome regardless of them. Especially when she likely comes back.
-Gen 6 is perfectly covered thanks to Greninja. We can get someone for a 6 rep after Jigglypuff from... well any Gen besides 1, 4, and 6 due to this.(for new characters, anyway.)

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658

I'd rather Tinkerbell be the game's Fairy Rep. Fairy Reps are things now, right?
Well i guess that's where the some people think returning is important.
Maybe some people want to play as Snake against mega man or have a match of ike vs (hypothetical) Chrom or Shulk, they can't do that in brawl. I personally want to see Snake in an environment where i'm not either tripping or modding the game, and ssb4 is really the only chance for this to happen in <6-8 years

Last edited:

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I like Captain Falcon's final smash since it's the only thing that seems to tie him to F-Zero in Smash Bros.

Also, Captain Falcon needs his suit to match the color of his car.

If the Romano leak is true, I'll be disappointed since it's only twelve newcomers a lot of which don't impress me.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's Pac-Man.

That wouldn't be special treatment, that would be well-deserved treatment.
That's still special treatment. He'd have to put Bandai-Namco top priority first to make it so Pac-Man's some guarantee. But he's not making them top priority, and Pac-Man's not guaranteed.

So he may or may not be in. If he is, so be it. If he isn't, that means Sakurai found someone more interesting for a choice. I expect Pac-Man easily as a Trophy, of course.(regardless of why it's a Trophy in the first place)

All I'm seeing is that people just can't accept some don't care about Pac-Man instead. I don't think he should be in. That's how it is. I don't care about any of those reasons. That doesn't mean I should ever think he should be in. And people need to stop pushing it on us like we have to believe he should be in for any reason.

Basically, stop trying to argue this; We know for a fact Sakurai didn't immediately think of putting a Bandai-Namco character in period. He pretty much is saying that they may or may not get a character. Nobody is saying they can't or won't, just that it's not guaranteed, and guess what; They're right. Because that's exactly what the creator told us. What is so hard to accept about any of this? I just don't get it.

Last edited:

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
Basically, stop trying to argue this; We know for a fact Sakurai didn't immediately think of putting a Bandai-Namco character in period. He pretty much is saying that they may or may not get a character. Nobody is saying they can't or won't, just that it's not guaranteed, and guess what; They're right. Because that's exactly what the creator told us. What is so hard to accept about any of this? I just don't get it.
I mean, he kinda said the same thing for Villager. Not that I don't agree with you, but... I mean, it happened.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I mean, he kinda said the same thing for Villager. Not that I don't agree with you, but... I mean, it happened.
Over 8 years ago. :urg:

This is hardly a similar case. What I think is the reality of the situation is that he couldn't find many choices and went with Pac-Man. I think the bigger issue is if we don't get another 3rd Party after Pac-Man. :|

I don't think Jigglypuff needs an updated moveset to reflect Fairy-type attacks. If they must change a move, it should be because the game's balance needed it and not just to have pink glitter magic energy attacks replacing what Jigs is really known to do.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Klonoa would best represent Namco in Smash bros over Lloyd and Pacman.
Would be a good way for Namco to revive the Klonoa series.
Klonoa would have a more diverse move set then Lloyd or Pacman.
My signature link will present good information supporting this unpopular opinion.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
I swear if the figures are required for this game, I don't know what I'll do.

I just hope that the figures are used for saving movesets. If they do, I'll use the good ol' paper and pencil.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Lloyd needs to stay far, far away from Super Smash Bros. So far that there should be a restraining order against him.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Nintendo has cleverly roped almost everyone into spending 100$ on Smash bros. Now they are making a "new GC controller" and having NFC figures for it. I personally don't like paying 200$ to play what is essentially one game...(of course no one is forcing me to get DLC or get both versions)

I'm surprised people actually like to pay for things in the name of DLC or add-ons when in reality in-game content should be free.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Nintendo has cleverly roped almost everyone into spending 100$ on Smash bros. Now they are making a "new GC controller" and having NFC figures for it. I personally don't like paying 200$ to play what is essentially one game...(of course no one is forcing me to get DLC or get both versions)

I'm surprised people actually like to pay for things in the name of DLC or add-ons when in reality in-game content should be free.
The NFC figures are gonna work for more than just Smash Bros.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
The NFC figures are gonna work for more than just Smash Bros.
Let's just hope they don't use these in a Wii U Pokemon game... I can see it now. Pokemon NFC Plastic version... They would make billions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom