• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unpopular Smash 4 Opinions - share them here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Stop putting your SSB4 newcomer predictions into your signature. Nobody cares.
They can get annoying I won't lie. That's why I turned off signatures in the User Preferences section of my account.

I actually find that pages load faster now that my computer don't have to add all the extra pics/gifs.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
This entire topic now seems very mean-spirited. I've never been bothered by people's newcomer predictions in their sigs, in fact, I love that they're so passionate about it. :(

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
This entire topic now seems very mean-spirited. I've never been bothered by people's newcomer predictions in their sigs, in fcat, I love that they're so passionate about it. :(
This is the "un-popular opinions" thread after all. If you disagree, then don't post a response.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
This doesn't seem to about the game at all, just directed at the other users...
True, but there have been other opinions that have been direct at the community nor is this major flaming.

Born in 1839...

Smash Apprentice
What about R.O.B., Mr. Game & Watch, and Pac-Man all in the same match. That would be the greatest ever...! Although, I can't decide who the 4th character will be... Maybe Birdo for the 4th player, but there's probably someone I like better. :cool:

Last edited:

SgtCephalopod

Smash Cadet
I do not want Shulk in. I do not want Palutena in. I do not want Chrom in. I do not want Chorus Men in. I do not want Mii in. I do not want Pac-man in. Every single hour of every single day people are requesting these characters over and over and over. Why these characters? The Gematsu leak? The Gematsu leak is fake. The Palutena leak is fake. Every single leak, by my knowledge, is fake. Yes, my jimmies are rustled.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Other M is my favorite Metroid game and my favorite Wii game. I started playing as Samus in Melee because of how much I like Other M. Seeing the Other M design on Samus and Zero Suit Samus is really great to see.

I really don't care what happens to Ridley in Smash. I'd rather have Adam Malkovich.

Last edited:

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
Other M is my favorite Metroid game and my favorite Wii game. I started playing as Samus in Melee because of how much I like Other M. Seeing the Other M design on Samus and Zero Suit Samus is really great to see.

I really don't care what happens to Ridley in Smash. I'd rather have Adam Malkovich.
Other M was a rock-solid action game that gets way more hate than it deserves because it completely botched the narrative aspects. The actual GAME part of the game was a lot of fun, even if it wasn't the second coming of Super or Prime.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
Other M was a rock-solid action game that gets way more hate than it deserves because it completely botched the narrative aspects. The actual GAME part of the game was a lot of fun, even if it wasn't the second coming of Super or Prime.
For some reason, people have very high expectations when it comes to Metroid.

No, I didn't like the gameplay and Other M tainted the Metroid cannon.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I love everything about that game. Especially the cutscenes and story...

Last edited:

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
I do not want Shulk in. I do not want Palutena in. I do not want Chrom in. I do not want Chorus Men in. I do not want Mii in. I do not want Pac-man in. Every single hour of every single day people are requesting these characters over and over and over. Why these characters? The Gematsu leak? The Gematsu leak is fake. The Palutena leak is fake. Every single leak, by my knowledge, is fake. Yes, my jimmies are rustled.
I know this is hard to believe, but people like Xenoblade, Kid Icarus, Fire Emblem Awakening, Rhythm Heaven and Pac-Man. Not sure why people want Mii.

People wanted Palutena since Brawl, moreso after Uprising.
People wanted Pac-Man since Namco was brought on board. It is the most logical rep, if they had one.
I don't think anyone wanted Chorus Men, but some people DID want a Rhythm Heaven rep (though not a lot)
Pretty sure people wanted Shulk since way before April as well. Some people, as soon as Xenoblade came out, others wanted him after Sakurai tweeted a pic of the Monado.
People were predicting/asking for/expecting Mii since Brawl. Even people that didn't want them pretty much accepted that they were a possibility. Some people wanted them for customizable movesets.
Chrom was IMMEDIATELY expected to replace Ike when Awakening happened. He was literally hoped for/predicted since before we even saw SSB4. I don't think people even cared, they just figured it made sense, thinking they'd leave Marth and swap the 2nd FE rep again.

I'm not telling you to like those characters, that's fine. That's your "unpopular opinion" and what the thread was for. I'm just saying that people have been requesting them/expecting them since way before the Gematsu crap happened.

Some people bandwagon, but a lot of these were predicted way before last E3 or the Direct. That's the very reason a lot of people were shooting down the Gematsu leak as "safe guesses" since everyone was expecting these characters OR wanted them except for WFT & Chorus Men.

That said of all of those, the only one I WANT is Shulk, and it's because I love Xenoblade, not because I let leaks do my thinking for me.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I actually prefer Other M Ridley for Smash.

His build just works better.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Savvy Stylist would be the best newcomer I don't care what anyone says.

Ah yes... It feels good to finally say it.

Also... even if I don't use ROB... I want him to return. The scene with the ROBs in Subspace Emissary was very sad. So ROB should live on.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I actually prefer Other M Ridley for Smash.

His build just works better.
Considering it's one of the few character designs that could be easily downsized to a smaller character, I doubt it's that unpopular. :p Also, Melee!Ridley clearly proves the "too big" thing doesn't work.

...Yes, oddly enough, I've found "He isn't too big" to be fairly unpopular. :facepalm:

KatKit

Smash Lord
If the "Ridley isn't too big" thing is unpopular, I feel sorry for the member whose username is literally "Ridley is too small" lol

Sidenote: Hilarious username btw. Every time I randomly spot you in a thread, it is always priceless.

Last edited:

BBG|Scott-Spain

Smash Journeyman
I believe our tournament standard has been decided by Nintendo already. (Thinking about starting a thread about it, assuming it's worth doing.)

wafflini

Smash Apprentice
I think MetaKnight will be cut in SSB4.

He was too OP, and to avoid bad stigma he will be left out.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
The OP said that if we post our unpopular opinions then we won't get argued with over them, right?

So I skipped to the latest page and I see people arguing about each other's opinions on stuff, like Ridley and the Gematsu leak characters.

Can I post my unpopular opinions or not?

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Some of my fresh butthurt bullets:

-SSE was awesome, sad it's gone
-Ridley's size is literally the least of his issues. This is a multiplayer Nintendo game. They resize characters ALL the time.
-I think Pulseman is more likely than a Hanafuda rep
-I don't believe the second part of the Sal leak AT ALL
-A character being in a leak should have no effect on their chances IMO
-If Pokemon gets 6 reps, so should Mario and Zelda
-If we get any new Zelda character, it should be a 'Toon' character with series prominence like Vaati or Tetra or depending on your view, Tingle
-Toon Link is a worthy and merited addition
-Chorus Men make little to no sense
-Robin could actually do a better job of Awakening promotion than Chrom if done right
-Relevancy is often confused for Recency, which ticks me off completely. Relevancy to a series matters to a degree. Recency is a tired argument and practically an excuse
-I actually believe that the roster size will be in the fifties.

Sue me if you want.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622

-Ridley's size is literally the least of his issues. This is a multiplayer Nintendo game. They resize characters ALL the time.
-If we get any new Zelda character, it should be a 'Toon' character with series prominence like Vaati or Tetra or depending on your view, Tingle
-Robin could actually do a better job of Awakening promotion than Chrom if done right
-Relevancy is often confused for Recency, which ticks me off completely. Relevancy to a series matters to a degree. Recency is a tired argument and practically an excuse

Sue me if you want.
Almost all of your opinions are amazing.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
The OP said that if we post our unpopular opinions then we won't get argued with over them, right?

So I skipped to the latest page and I see people arguing about each other's opinions on stuff, like Ridley and the Gematsu leak characters.

Yea post them.... People just like reigning on peoples parades sometimes... Don't let them discourage you. :grin:

Morbi

Scavenger

If you are seriously asking, yes. You can post your unpopular opinions. The OP is a little outdated; as long you think it/they is/are unpopular, you can post.

Sue me if you want.
I didn't realize this was the popular opinions thread. :troll:

Last edited:

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956

Sue me if you want.
I really like most of these opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom