• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

University of Texas - Austin

What events do you want to see at our meetings?

• Brawl Singles/Doubles

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Melee Low Tiers

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Brawl+ Singles/Doubles

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Smash 64 Singles/Doubles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brawl Minus Singles

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Random Character/Random Stage tourney (any game)

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kal

Smash Champion
Zifien, you should come play Melee! Ignore BrownLink's post, as it comes off as rather elitist. I think you'd enjoy playing Melee with us. Once you get the hang of it it's very fun, and the difference in speed and playstyle when compared to Brawl makes it a much more satisfying game in my opinion.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
lulz, I'm not being elitist, I'm telling the truth, a vast majority of people who post here don't play Brawl.
That's why I recommended the Austin Brawl Thread. Plus I of all people have the least right to be elitist...

But yeah, I don't mean to dissuade anyone from trying Melee.

Kal

Smash Champion
It's just that your post sounded elitist (and pretty ****ing rude).

"lol, ur in the wrong place dude"

I just don't like you giving the impression that we're an exclusive group. Anyone who wants to come play is welcome.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Well, this thread's history heavily indicates that most people who post in it don't have a very high opinion of Brawl, that's the only reason I said that.
Anyways, even if he wanted to play Brawl only, my point was among us specifically he wouldn't have much luck, since most of us prefer Melee.

Kal

Smash Champion
Missing my point and defending a moot one? How unusual for you, Rohan.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
>_>
If that dude wants to come over and play Melee there's nothing wrong with that, if he still prefers Brawl then he'd have better luck in the Austin Brawl thread, simple as that.
It'd be like going to one of Hylian's Brawl fests and asking to play Melee with them.
You yourself wanted to turn this into the Austin Melee thread.

If you're saying he's welcome to come over and still play Brawl then ok, my question was just who with?

Kal

Smash Champion
Oh, my ****ing god. How many times can you miss the point? Seriously, Rohan, just drop it.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
your point was that my comment sounded elitist, fine, I didn't mean it to sound that way and will make sure in the future it doesn't happen.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
It'd be like going to one of Hylian's Brawl fests and asking to play Melee with them.
o.O I would let and encourage people to play melee if they wanted to at a smashfest I was holding :). <3 melee.

Kal

Smash Champion
Awesome! I'm sure someone who lives closer to campus can give you a ride, but if no one offers to by around noon I can go pick you up.

Noc

Smash Journeyman
I'm leaving now, will get to Austin a little after noon. I think Rohan and I are picking up Jose and a friend from campus before heading up to Kal's (which will probably be at around 1pm). We could probably pick up you too, Hiroman. My cell is 281-755-6203. See you all soon!

Kal

Smash Champion
Wow, that's awesome! I'll have two TVs set up when you get here.

Kal

Smash Champion
No Melee at this event, Denti? I'm not particularly interested in going to a Brawl tournament.

MT_

Smash Ace
Wait Kal, you were interested in going to a tournament outside of your own home??????

REVIVAL OF TEXAS MELEE!~!!!~~~~~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!~!~!HAZUUHHHHHHHHHH

Kal

Smash Champion
Really clever Matt. I'd pat myself on the back if I were you.

Kal

Smash Champion
<3 Zack

I won't be able to play this weekend, since I'm probably going to Houston.

Kal

Smash Champion
Since I won't be playing this weekend, I want to have a smash fest at my place the weekend after. If there's no smash club meeting, then we'll have it at my place at noon on Saturday, February 12. Otherwise, we'll have it at my place as soon as the smash club meeting is over. Like last time, we'll go eat at Pluckers and watch a moviefilm at midnight. Perhaps another musical? Sweeney Todd was funsies.

perfectengrish

Smash Rookie
oh yeah and thanks again Kal for having us over
I had a lot of fun and played some awesome matches with people
I'll be able to play more seriouslies next time, as it seems my thumb has calloused up again d(-_-d)

El Queso Grande

Smash Rookie
Nice. I'd be up to coming over and playing on the 12th. Count me in dawg.

Pluckers' wings were kinda epic with all that sauce haha. The Princess and The Frog was a pretty fun movie too. =]

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
hey kal thanks for hosting! you didn't play much though which is sad.
I'm happy to have met new people.
hey zach, twgok is pretty good, I think I'm gonna read the whole series too.
and brandon, we should play whenever I have free time and I'm around campus. perhaps we can set up something on the first floor every now and then to play with other people's that happen to want to play. same goes to zach! but I don't know where you live.
regy, we should play sometime since you live just down the street. but you gotta give me your schedule or something since I don't like know when's a good time.
clay it was nice to see you! I still can't beat you at the falcon ditto. mm next time.
I had a great time, and we should've celebrated 'cause I forgot it was my birthday in a couple of days. pluckers was good so whatever.
thanks sharif for driving me home! thanks rohan for driving me way the hell over there.

HEY EDGAR, HOW'S THE REREGISTRATION?

Kal

Smash Champion
José, I played the entire time. What do you mean I didn't play much?

Everyone, I'm not going to Houston tomorrow, so I may be down for some smash.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
lol, courtesy of Kal I finally know where that alligator is from...
I've been too lazy to actually experience the snow yet, got the text that school was canceled and went back to sleep.

MT_

Smash Ace
SMAASSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhHHHHHHHHHHHHA~!!!!!!!!!!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We have to prepare Tirno for winning Pound 5

MT_

Smash Ace
God damnit, I went to sleep at like 3am pissed off that the neighbors were still "partying" when I had an 8am class. Then I wake up at 7 and realize that that was because there was snow and ****, and see all these FB statuses of all my friends having "the best night ever" staying up until 6 am ****ing around in the snow.

**** me.

Tirno

Smash Journeyman
HEY EDGAR, HOW'S THE REREGISTRATION?
It's coming along. I have the bank authorization form ready. Just need to go to SSB to turn it in. I was going to do it today after class, but campus is closed.

Also, I finally hacked my Wii. C-stick in 1P mode is too good.

Top Bottom