• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

University of Texas - Austin

What events do you want to see at our meetings?

• Brawl Singles/Doubles

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Melee Low Tiers

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Brawl+ Singles/Doubles

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Smash 64 Singles/Doubles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brawl Minus Singles

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Random Character/Random Stage tourney (any game)

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Noc

Smash Journeyman
Clay from what i'm seeing, i doubt they would re-register the club.
Well, if they want to reserve a room sometime for any purpose this semester, they need to re-register first.

On another note, I have many vids recorded from smash club last year wasting space on my hard drive. I'm thinking of making a combo vid out of them before deleting them. Do you all think it's worth doing this? It would feature the best combos I can find of most everyone that I have enough recorded material for.

Kal

Smash Champion
It's up to you Clay. I mean, I certainly would not mind a combo video.

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
In my whole smash time I've only made about 3 combos that I remember distinctly. one on sg, one on mt, one on tirno.
you better have 'em! pff, I wasn't all that good until recently.

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
grow out of it, jamal, and stop being so self-centered.
are there any videos with me, clay? I know they're not worth posting but I would like to get them if there are

Kal

Smash Champion
I can't tell if José is kidding.

"Stop being so self-centered. Are there any videos with me?"

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
I was kinda kidding. I saw the contradiction but I didn't care. I'm getting a recording setup and I wanted to chop videos and stuff to get the hang of it before it arrives. that's why I was asking. fools need to know about my ****sta-*** falco.

El Queso Grande

Smash Rookie
Oh snap lol; Kal's logic is too good.

Btw, I think I won't be able to make it to the smashfest today; I found out my parents are coming back from overseas today. Plus, I have some administrative stuff I should probably take care of. ^_^'

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
hey guys I will be hosting a smashfest at my place friday january 28. tourneys start at 6. doors open at 2 so come then. anybody could crash on the couch and there's a bed in the empty room. I could move the day to saturday or sunday but ut shuttle buses don't run as often if at all.

things I'm planning to run:
a two dollar round robin/bracket tournament.
a one dollar random stage/character bracket or round robin tourney. all items will be on the medium high setting

rules for regular tourney
-neutrals: yoshi's island, fountain of dreams, final destination, batttlefied, dreamland
-counterpick stages: corneria,, rainbow cruise, pokemon stadium, pokefloats, big blue, brinstar
-dave's stupid, advanced slobs, and player agreement are all in effect
-in case of tie or timeout, a match with one stock will be played in the same stage with same character. ONLY a stock lead can decide winner in case of timeout.

I want to have at least three setups from you guys. I have two TVs but one gamecube. also, bring cords.
if the idea of a round robin turns you off, I can run it on one TV through the day/night.

free entree for the regular tournament to the first two bringers of setups.

please notify me in this thread if you wanna come!

1500 Crossing Place 78741
APT 534.

it's a small complex with one main entrance shaped like a T. going down crossing place, you take a left into the T shaped driveway and take the left entrance. I live as far down that entrance as you can get, all the way to the fence that separates longhorn landing and the village at riverside.
but don't worry! it's easy. you can take the crossing place bus at the stadium and get to my place quick.

my number's 2104203619
also the code to the gate is 05458

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Jose you live too damn far away, I propose it get moved to Kal or Edgar's because clearly I'm the only person who's opinion matters, yeah.

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
if they're willing, I just go to where the party's at.
my place is comfy though, so until further notice this will happen at my place on friday.

Kal

Smash Champion
If you guys want a tournament at my place next Friday or Saturday let me know.

El Queso Grande

Smash Rookie
Yeah, either way I'd like to see everyone again next weekend; Friday or Saturday work fine for me. For now, I'm in unless something comes up.

Jose lives kinda close to me, so it's convenient, but Kal is a great host too. ^_^'

Kal

Smash Champion
***** you better have insurance

*** WHOOPIN INSURANCE

and you're about to pay

A DEDUCTIBLE

MT_

Smash Ace
STERN FACE.

actually i might be heading to Houston this weekend to visit some family so I'm not 100% sure that I'll make anything this Saturday anymore =/

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
I'll be back in Austin for a medical study for 3 weeks starting tomorrow. I'll be free from Sunday mornings to Wednesday mornings.

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
I feel as if Kal had it planned, perhaps there would be more attendance. And since I would like to play more people, I would like Kal to hold a smashfest this friday if it still fits in his schedule.

Kal

Smash Champion
Why Friday? Saturday is better. I have class Friday till 3:00 and I'm meeting friends afterward.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
I'll be there after I'm done at the gym, so maybe 2-2:30ish. I wish people would tell me stuff so I don't have to actually look on the boards. :laugh:

Noc

Smash Journeyman
btw Kal, Clay says he'd like to come up this weekend so you def need to have a smashfest.
Yes, there is a good chance I'll be at this smashfest Saturday.

get hyped lol

Also, if I could pick up my recording setup while I'm there that'd be great. :)

MT_

Smash Ace
I'll be there after I'm done at the gym, so maybe 2-2:30ish. I wish people would tell me stuff so I don't have to actually look on the boards. :laugh:
You know, it's not like everyone else finds out by NOT using the boards, and I doubt it's half an effort to keep up with the thread. It literally takes like 30 seconds a day to be up to date every day with it.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
You know, it's not like everyone else finds out by NOT using the boards, and I doubt it's half an effort to keep up with the thread. It literally takes like 30 seconds a day to be up to date every day with it.
Sarcasm, bro. I thought my little :laugh: face would give it away.

Top Bottom