• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

University of Texas - Austin

What events do you want to see at our meetings?

• Brawl Singles/Doubles

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Melee Low Tiers

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Brawl+ Singles/Doubles

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Smash 64 Singles/Doubles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brawl Minus Singles

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Random Character/Random Stage tourney (any game)

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tirno

Smash Journeyman
Yes, strong chance. I'm having some difficulties reregistering the club, but after that's done with, we can hold events on campus again.

Clay, did you get an email about the Smash Club bank?

Also, I'm going to Houston this weekend. No smashfest. =/

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
the bank account needs to be closed and the bar with the student services for the two rooms we rented needs to be cleared.
I'll put up some fliers after that's done or by a date in which it'll be done and then we'll have ourselves a smash meeting.

Tirno

Smash Journeyman
the bank account needs to be closed and the bar with the student services for the two rooms we rented needs to be cleared.
Yeah, I know. I already took care of the room fees. The bank account can't be closed unless Clay or Domingo (I think) sign an authorization form.

HiromanX

Smash Rookie
are you interested in going to kal's at all? and what time's the brawl tourneyy?
Sure where at? and Brawl is at 7 pm, if you haven't signed up, you have to get there before 7 to sign up
Yeah, but just for the hell of it, I honestly can't stand the game anymore.
All in all I'm at least glad I got pretty far in the 64 tournament.
Yea I'm not too great at Brawl but I'm still going to go cause it's free lol, and I lost on the first round of the 64 tourney against a link, I failed... ._. I played pikachu and just messed up big time lol, haven't played 64 smash in a looooong time

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Yea I'm not too great at Brawl but I'm still going to go cause it's free lol, and I lost on the first round of the 64 tourney against a link, I failed... ._. I played pikachu and just messed up big time lol, haven't played 64 smash in a looooong time
I made it to the quarterfinals and lost to the guy who eventually won the tournament. What sucked was I definitely could have won it all, the guy didn't even know what Z-canceling is, he just outspaced me. But it was the farthest I've gotten in any Smash tournament.

HiromanX

Smash Rookie
I made it to the quarterfinals and lost to the guy who eventually won the tournament. What sucked was I definitely could have won it all, the guy didn't even know what Z-canceling is, he just outspaced me. But it was the farthest I've gotten in any Smash tournament.
Oh man, was he playing as Captain Falcon?

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Oh man, was he playing as Captain Falcon?
yeah he was. Actually, I didn't realize until afterward that he shouldn't have been allowed to go back to HC. We agreed on HC first match and he beat me, I then counterpicked Peach's Castle and won, then he beat me again on HC. But I did break his shield like four times, that was satisfying haha. The guy he beat in the finals was definitely worse than me, as was the Jiggs player he beat in the Semis.

12610 Riata Trace pkwy, Austin, TX 78727. The apartment is named "Mylesmark at Riata" and the gate code is 0059.

HiromanX

Smash Rookie
yeah he was. Actually, I didn't realize until afterward that he shouldn't have been allowed to go back to HC. We agreed on HC first match and he beat me, I then counterpicked Peach's Castle and won, then he beat me again on HC. But I did break his shield like four times, that was satisfying haha. The guy he beat in the finals was definitely worse than me, as was the Jiggs player he beat in the Semis.
Geez 4 times xD Yea my friend was playing Jiggs I didn't even know how good he was at 64 he just told me he liked playing it haha, he's a pretty decent Jiggs in melee though but has "little to no" tournament scene. He lost the in the 3rd round of melee to a peach, she's his bad match up <.< >.>

Thanks for the address, so this is on Friday?

HiromanX

Smash Rookie
Oh, I might not be able to make it then

Magic the Gathering pre-release event that day that I might go to, I should know for sure by tomorrow

Kal

Smash Champion
Dude **** Magic the Gathering, come play Melee! And JF, it's not just a coincidence that you never find out about these things directly.

Noc

Smash Journeyman
Yes, strong chance. I'm having some difficulties reregistering the club, but after that's done with, we can hold events on campus again.

Clay, did you get an email about the Smash Club bank?

Also, I'm going to Houston this weekend. No smashfest. =/
Yes, I got an email about the account with the student organization bank closing in november. I forwarded it before but just forwarded it again (to texas.smash.club@gmail.com). I think there is only a few dollars in the account but seems you have to close it nonetheless.

Aw wish you and Matt coulda come to the smashfest Saturday. :/ Could you possibly leave the recording equipment with somebody going to the smashfest so I could pick it up then? I would appreciate it, I want to do some recording :) .

Yeah, I know. I already took care of the room fees. The bank account can't be closed unless Clay or Domingo (I think) sign an authorization form.
Along with the smash club materials I left you, Edgar, there was a red-orange Bank Account Authorization form with my signature on it. That form makes listed officers authorized banking representatives. If you can't find that form or if I need to sign some other form, I can sign it when I'm there Saturday or you can scan and email it to me (claykibler@gmail.com) and I will sign, scan, and email back.

And JF, it's not just a coincidence that you never find out about these things directly.
lol

HiromanX

Smash Rookie
Dude **** Magic the Gathering, come play Melee! And JF, it's not just a coincidence that you never find out about these things directly.
Sorry, wizards has my soul with that game, I can come to the next meet up you guys have though more than likely

Kal

Smash Champion
Yeah we'll probably have another one soon. We'll also get some on campus meetings going.

You play Melee, right?

Noc

Smash Journeyman
hahahaha, we have a negative balance.
??? It wasn't negative when I left it (though it was pretty close to zero heh).

whoa Jose you got a premium membership? What are some of the benefits of that? Can you delete the poll on this thread? lol

Noc

Smash Journeyman
I can use the internet for incidental use during work. I get on smashboards whenever I need a short break from tedious DNA mutation analysis or during the waiting periods in the sequencing protocol heh.

HiromanX

Smash Rookie
Yeah we'll probably have another one soon. We'll also get some on campus meetings going.

You play Melee, right?
Yes sir, I play Melee

Ok at Brawl but not pro

Sorry for double post i need to get used to forum messaging

Zifien

Smash Rookie
Erm, i made an account especially to post on this thread =x been looking for some people to brawl with, is this thing on saturday brawl or melee
because im pretty sure id stink at melee >.<"

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Hiroman, your avatar is amazing. <3

Also, what do you mean it's not just a coincidence, Kal? Surely you're not implying that you purposefully try to keep me away and instruct everyone else to do so as well? Because that would just be a **** move.

Top Bottom