• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unbelievable! Also: How Should Samus Transform Into Zamus?

How Should Samus Transform Into Zamus?

• It should be whenever you want (like Zelda / Sheik)

Votes: 413 24.3%
  • It should be only after Samus' "Super Smash" (like in the movie - this would mean items must be on)

Votes: 74 4.4%
  • It should be only after something happens to Samus (like taking a certain amount of damage)

Votes: 163 9.6%
  • Zamus should be a seperate character all-together

Votes: 869 51.1%
  • I don't really care, I'm happy with whatever

Votes: 182 10.7%

• Total voters

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Who calls them "Super Smashes" or "Smash Emblems"? Whatever kid edited it probably just put what he thought sounded good, and attributed it to us.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Kokichi said:
Who calls them "Super Smashes" or "Smash Emblems"? Whatever kid edited it probably just put what he thought sounded good, and attributed it to us.
Well, there are other Smash communities other than ours. Sure, they all suck (IGN, Gamefaqs, etc.), but they're still out there. :p

gnosis

Smash Lord
What's with the Geno claim on Wikipedia? That sounds completely baseless to me, otherwise I'd think there'd be more mass hysteria/partying. Is there anywhere else that rumors or confirms this?

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
I don't think this whole super move thing is a big deal as much as people are making it out to be. Everyone says it's an item. Can I get a link or some kind of proof of this? Sorry the trailer didn't cut it, if you want to convince me, show me where Link, Kirby and Samus grabbed that item.

Second. There's a lot of WAH WAH super moves noobs are gonna over do it if you can't turn them off. I hardly think they'd be as powerful as you think, at the very least they can be avoided.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
Wikipedia is not credible. Give me one more link to a wiki and I'll blow your %&$#ing head off!

But yeah... I think we've just about done all the speculation possible:

- Set conditions (time, damage taken, damage dealt, etc.)
- Brawl-Meter
- Item (combined with Brawl-Meter or Set condition)

There are no reliable sources that say anything to suggest which of the above three (if it is one of those) it could be. This is a stupid discussion. Why am I not surprised?

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hows this: How about if there is a "Super Bar" But the catch is that it builds incredibly slowly. The "Emblem" item would shoot the Bar up to full for a free Super, but in an Itemless game it would take, like, 5 minutes to build up ones' Super bar, even for High-speed combo characters.

Or perhaps some characters' super bars grow faster than others, but have less useful Super moves.

There are tons of ways to balance out Supers in fighting games.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I think that the trailer's too inconsistantly edited to try and decipher much of anything. I mean, the way it's edited, they don't show Mario using his uberfirewavethingy right after he picks up the smash orb, though that could be just for time since there could be an activation process and it shows the area go dark which usually isn't done instantaneously; When Link is flying, he's glowing like Mario was but it cuts to him, what seems to be, already a few slashes into his furyslashthingy. To be honest, the scenes where the characters are glowing (and Samus' superbeamthingy) look almost like they're FMV (Samus' is for sure, since the lighting goes uber advanced and her animation is way too cinematic.)

I nominate considering this movie a teaser...Its just a few ideas thrown together...

On that note, since they've done two characters at a time for the past two updates and there is only one character left so...I think, for the next update, they're gonna show Snake and one of these: A. Another new character (which they might add more little windows and torture us some more), B. A new gameplay mode or mechanic, or C. Another song from the game, since it might be one of the few things that is presentable (maybe they'll show Corneria first again...:3).

On a side note, I hope the new (if they make one) bonus movie will make it to the public before the release again. They better make it update with each new character you unlock this time...

nomis

Smash Journeyman
McFox said:
Well, there are other Smash communities other than ours. Sure, they all suck (IGN, Gamefaqs, etc.), but they're still out there. :p
Quoted for truth.

I'm not going to join this fray, I'd rather blame Sakurai and his **** team.

**** you Sakurai, for causing conflict within the Smash community! Just release more information so we can sleep at night! Where did the good ol' days go; where people from around the block would gather around to wait in line to play a game, where complimented others for their techniques, where gamers united as one? You're ruining it for us all Sakurai, and although we love you, we hate your actions.

Sure, the game is still in production, but can you please be more precise in what you say?

And if this somehow reaches you, please add Pac-man and Little Mac. For they are so manly that even looking at them makes you grow chest hairs. The only problem is that Pac-man might be too awesome. Looking straight into his eyes may cause your head to explode.

Come on, Pac-man was tired of working one day and made Ms. Pac-man do all the work for him... for $0.75/hour compared to every $1/hour Pac-man made. That's how manly he is.

And make Zamus moan everytime she attacks please. Oh, what about wardrobe malfunctions?

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
I personally think that Zamus is going to be one character and Samus a completly seperate character. I think they did the whole "suit falling off" thing for effect. Perhaps, to unlock Zamus, you first have to loose her suit (via super move) in Single Player Mode and then she becomes available as a challenge. Once you beat her challenge, then she can be played. That's just my opinion though.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Ferro De Lupe said:
I personally think that Zamus is going to be one character and Samus a completly seperate character.
Then you think it wrong. I don't know who it was, but one of the admins posted an official announcement wich said that Samus could change to Zamus under certain conditions. What these conditions are, that we don't know.

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
Plus its not confirmed if Zamus and Samus are like Zelda/Sheik, the small bio only says "under certain conditions", so it could mean anything from Zamus simply needs to be unlocked to you will only see if you use Samus's super move.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Yes, that's all fine and dandy. However, that line is so incredibly vague that it can be taken a multitude of different ways. I'm all for discussing and speculating, but most of the speculations just sound ridiculous to me.

I mean, Link and Y.Link are the same person, but they are 2 different characters. [no one say anything about Y.Link having his own games, because both are based after OoT in Melee] So I don't see why ZSamus and Samus can't be seperate characters.

Samus DOES NOT need to change during battle, she's good enough as is.

Think about all the different ways that Samus can transform into ZSamus:
A) Use up a button
B) Semi-controllable/Uncontrollable["certain conditions"]
C) Hold 'A' before battle starts
D) Transform via 'Super'.

A) EVERYONE can agree with me that this is absurd.
B) Anything uncontrollable in a fighting game is gonna be bad.
C) If this is the case, might as well make her a seperate character? Essentially same thing, since you'll be ZSamus for the whole match anyway.
D) Item-Theory: So we lose a character when we turn items off? GENIUS!
NonItem-Theory: I don't think 'Supers' NOT being an item is pretty lame, say hello to our new MvC2 boys! [and girls]

ZSamus as seperate is just simpler and best thing to do. ;)

Razorcloud

Smash Cadet
Sanguimancer said:
Truthfully, I don't believe it. I really think it's a joke on someone's part. It truly just doesn't make sense. The timing of the release, Snake as a character, the NAME. I don't know, maybe it is real, but I have my doubts.
just dont talk man. We are all so happy about the Wii ! the timing is perfect. alot of ppl were saying they wouldnt buy Wii due to its wierdness... but then you offer them a sequel to the most succesful GCN game ever that doesnt use the Wii controller and what excuse do they have to not buy the system. Besides... theres is one rule that has never failed us! NINTENDO DOESNT LIE!
at least not in this scale. It would kill their business to lie this big. Every1 would hate them. Its not a smart move. Think out the things you say before you say them.

lets hope not

Jrob2k6

Smash Cadet
OH NOZ. I Corrected someone saying it was a sword not a whip. Now I feel like a fool. Sorry whomever that was.

Razorcloud

Smash Cadet
Bread-Butterer said:
Gotta be a fake. Solid Snake is not a Nintendo owned character. Also the staff member from IGN reported was very brief, it's all too fishy. I'll believe it when I see a video or something.
Look up idiot! the first post in the page has the video posted. Geeze. And IGN arent the only people that have it. I use a site called kotaku. They live blogged all the way through E3. I have seen the smash video and read all the source on why its not just 1st party nintendo characters in the game. Trust me.

Razorcloud

Smash Cadet
Pit and Missingno ROCK!! said:
Hey Ferro...

How'd you get an image like that into your sig? I already have the image, but...It's directly on my comp(I made it myself, and can't figure out how to get it onto my sig). I know this is TTOALLY off-topic...but I just quickly want to know.
your gonna have to post that picture on a website. alot of ppl get a myspace and just upload all there images. then just click the images to get the fullsized view and enter the picture the normal way. Photobucket can host images too!

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
People keep talking about the "under certain conditions" line...

Kabyk-Greenmyst said:
ZSamus as seperate is just simpler and best thing to do.
...but they keep forgetting Sakurai said "Zamus is not a pure character addition." What else could that mean?

nomis said:
**** you Sakurai, for causing conflict within the Smash community! Just release more information so we can sleep at night! Where did the good ol' days go; where people from around the block would gather around to wait in line to play a game, where complimented others for their techniques, where gamers united as one? You're ruining it for us all Sakurai, and although we love you, we hate your actions.
Seriously. Where's the announcement that Geno is in the game? I won't be able to get a good night's rest until I hear it. :(

Infil

Smash Journeyman
It's clear that even Sakurai hasn't fully decided on a lot of these issues with the game. The game has been in development for a relatively short period of time; not everything is set in stone. He's being intentionally vague so that he doesn't commit himself to an idea that doesn't work.

The "Smash community" just needs to lighten up here a bit. Everyone is speculating so heavily about a game that's still way more than a year away. Sakurai won't reveal a character list until release, or maybe a few weeks before. It's possible we'll never know whether Sonic is a character until October of 2007, for example. Speculating is fun, but there's no point in reading anything into speculation now.

For the record, my opinion is that Zamus will be a Zelda/Sheik like transformation with Samus. Sakurai did say that she wasn't a completely new character, and in the trailer, it does show ZSS fighting directly after having her suit blasted off by Samus' (supposed) super attack. That probably won't be the only way to play as ZSS, but it seems to lend more credence to that theory. Just speculation.

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
October 07!!! I thought the release date was early 07

Im with you on the Zelda/Sheik way for Samus to Zamus.+ Zero suit samus is pretty long and probably doesnt fit on the charecter selection icon.

Torilla

Smash Cadet
Correct me if I'm wrong, but publication of certain games in Europe are delayed...and delayed...and delayed...and delayed some more. So, compared to us Scandinavians, Americans get their hands on the game earlier, huh?

nomis

Smash Journeyman
McFox said:
Nobody knows what the release date is. It's PROBABLY going to be out next year, but no one knows when.
It should be, PROBABLY = most likely. I'm 99% sure, unless they go back to the drawing boards.

I just hope it's January 2 of 2007. With Pac-man, Little Mac, Sonic, Geno, Mallow, etc..

I'm going to change subjects and repeat what I said in an old post:

Anyway, if the characters in Contra were added, it would result in multitudes of asskicking to the level that they would have their own tier level. It would be like (in ascending order):

Pichu tier
Bottom Tier
Lower Tier
Medium Tier
High

Contra tier.

So adding them would just unbalance the game. It would probably be the only unsensible move by Sakurai if he DID add them. People's heads would explode from their awesomeness, even for those who don't play the game. Socrates would rise from his grave and finally answer a question with an answer, then Bill and Lance from Contra will point at Socrates, causing him to spontaneously combust.

But being the man that he is, Socrates will revolt in a series of elbows delivered to little children.

Yota

Smash Apprentice
Falco&Victory said:
PS:anyone like the new controller? ++
++
++++
+++
++
+
New controller? Where? :ohwell: OH, you mean that thing in your signiture? Yeah, ehm. That's the Virtual Console controller, which would be used for games on the Virtual Console. The Wii Remote is still the main Wii controller.

McFox said:
Except that Wikipedia and Dojo are NOT fact sites, because there ARE no facts.

Whoops!
Wikipedia I can understand. It's a wiki, after all. But Dojo not being seen as a fact site? It's the official site! Why would Smashlabs spread false rumors about thier own game?

McFox said:
Nobody knows what the release date is. It's PROBABLY going to be out next year, but no one knows when.
They predicted the Wii would release in Q4 this year, but knowing Nintendo, it will probably be pushed back.

Wario's Warf could even be his recovery move. Allows for a HUGE recovery, but cannot be used repetetively.

As for Samus' loss of armor, there are ways. The first to come to mind after watching the video would of course be activating that ungodly blast of her's. That could be a super move, but let's say it's not. After all, a lot of people will be upset (as they have already said) if you cannot play with the Zero suit in an itemless battle. My vision of activating the ungodly blast would be to fully charge the weapon, and then hold the 'B' button (or whatever is used to fire normal energy blasts) untill the attack finally comes out (as seen on TV... and trailer).

I'd like to see a way for her to come in without the Varia suit immediately. I'm SURE there are people who would want to main with her Zero-suited form, and would just be ticked off if they had to go through that long process above for each life. So I'd say if the 'A' button is being held as she enters the fray (either from the beginning of the match, or coming down on an angelic platform), she enters with the Zero-suit.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Pit and Missingno ROCK!! said:
Hey Ferro...

How'd you get an image like that into your sig? I already have the image, but...It's directly on my comp(I made it myself, and can't figure out how to get it onto my sig). I know this is TTOALLY off-topic...but I just quickly want to know.
Go to Tinypic.com and load your image there. Once you get the website for your picture, go to your Sig option. Type [img,][insert your picture site][/img] (without the comma) and BAM...you got a sig pic.

magar

Banned via Administration
this thread should have alot more replies.

A HELLZ OF ALOT MORE.

Do you really wan't to know whats UNBELEAVLE.

My *Official NOOBS THREAD* lot locked DMNIT

magar

Banned via Administration
It's official: Zero Suit Samus is Samus' "transformation"...

Link: http://revolution.ign.com/articles/710/710157p1.html

I don't know about you guys, but I sure as heck hope that this is some kind of sick joke. just think of how potentially overpowering this could make Samus. I think that Samus is a developed character that doesn't need a transformation. I do, however, have a few speculations regarding this issue.

The page states that she will remove her powersuit under "certain conditions". This statement brings up several questions.

First of all, does this mean that she will "remove" her powersuit once she gains the special power icon? This in itself brings up a lot of ideas on how this will work. If you watch the preview, she first does a powerful shot that covers the whole screen, which totally destroys her power suit. It would seem strange that Samus would have a powerful move like Mario's in addition to a new form. Perhaps the move is so powerful, she adopts a less useful form either throughout her current stock, or perhaps the entire match. But if this happens, what sort of power attack would ZSS perform after obtaining the power attack icon? Would she be so underdeveloped that she wouldn't have a powershot of her own? Another question is: will she simply remove her suit after obtaining a power icon, rather than performing a powerful blast, and transform back to her powersuit when obtaining the icon again? Making this as her only form of transformation seems unlikely and unstable because this icon probably won't be allowed in tournaments, therefore making Zero Suit Samus a completely unusable character. After seeing Solid Snake in the game, however, nothing would suprise me at this point.

Another question is: will Samus be able to transform in the same manner that Zelda can? It seems unlikely that she will be able to remove her powersuit and regain it somehow through transformation. it doesn't really seem that logical. therefore, it seems possible that if Samus tranforms into Zero Suit Samus, she cannot regain her suit again untill she dies. there are a few counters to this idea, however, as it states that she will remove her suit under "certain conditions". I wouldn't imagine that pushing a button would be a certain condition. Also, what move could you possibly remove in order for her to tranform like this? Surely not her bombs!

the last question I have is: What if Samus can't remove her suit until she is heavily damaged? What if after taking so much damage, her suit becomes unusable? This, to me, would seem like a "certain condition" cituation. relying on speed in critical conditions becomes very useful, so this makes some kind of sense. Whether her suit automatically gets removed or you have the ability to do so yourself, this approach seems pretty strange.

I, for one, wish that they would have made Zero Suit Samus her own developed character, but the best we can do is trust that they are doing the right thing.

nomis

Smash Journeyman
Scav said:
You know what else is unbelievable? That I haven't warned you for spamming. Stop it.
You know what else is unbelievable? That you haven't warned him for spelling unbelievable, UNBELEAVLE.

Come on, that's an outright offense.

Back on topic (?). Who claimed that Nintendo Power will reveal more characters for Brawl in the June/July issue? And by new characters, do they mean Zamus, Wario, etc.? Or have Nintendo Power already shown them?

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Kabyk-Greenmyst
However, that line is so incredibly vague that it can be taken a multitude of different ways.
They specifically said "This isn't a pure character addition."

Kabyk-Greenmyst
So I don't see why ZSamus and Samus can't be seperate characters.
Because the developers didn't want them to be.

Kabyk-Greenmyst
Samus DOES NOT need to change during battle, she's good enough as is.
This isn't Melee with more characters, it's a completely different game. All of the characters will change to at least some extent. For all we know, Samus could be the worst character in Brawl.

Kabyk-Greenmyst
ZSamus as seperate is just simpler and best thing to do.
Even though you may be right, it doesn't really matter now because we already know they won't be seperate characters.

Sanguimancer
Truthfully, I don't believe it. I really think it's a joke on someone's part. It truly just doesn't make sense. The timing of the release, Snake as a character, the NAME. I don't know, maybe it is real, but I have my doubts.
It's not a joke. Nintendo doesn't waste everyone's time at a big event like E3 with "jokes".

Jrob2k6
OH NOZ. I Corrected someone saying it was a sword not a whip. Now I feel like a fool. Sorry whomever that was.
I thought it was a sword at first too. It looked like one in the trailer.

Bread-Butterer
Gotta be a fake. Solid Snake is not a Nintendo owned character. Also the staff member from IGN reported was very brief, it's all too fishy. I'll believe it when I see a video or something.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfixYJ7zvTk&search=smash brawl

Infil
It's possible we'll never know whether Sonic is a character until October of 2007, for example.
Hopefully, the game will be out by then. I think it'll be out by this time next year.

Yota
But Dojo not being seen as a fact site? It's the official site! Why would Smashlabs spread false rumors about thier own game?
He probably thought you meant nintendojo.com.

Top Bottom